Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP reboot

Go down 
+6
FallenSanity
Janitor
zeru
Razgriz
Xion's Memory
Teria
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 04:48 am

Seeing the number of times a HRP reboot has been brought up, and the number of times it has been tried, we [Myself and Hunter] thought we'd go a different approach. Instead of making a new hrp that's serious and more realisitic, we'd create the hrp as it was from the beginning, but with a few more guidelines to keep it from devolving into what it did. We'd make it a fanon hrp story, a role play where we only have to worry about breaking canon directly, as opposed to following it to the letter. Here's what we have in mind:

-You can make up your character however you want as long as it doesn't break canon. Bends it, sure, but the more severe the bend the more it'll have to be reviewed.
-NOTHING LARGER THAN A FRIGATE BEFORE CHAPTER 5. After that, you can get a Destroyer. Chapter 10, Cruiser/Carriers, Chapter 15 Infinity class, Chapter 20 anything as long as it is IN LORE. We are not breaking canon, we are bending it.
-No Spartan 2's, of any kind. Spartan 3's are allowed. Infact:
-Secret Spartan Program things can be had. Just remember, they aren't public knowledge for a reason. What is that reason.
-Customized gear is fun and fine, just make sure it's not overpowered or any kind of bullshit.
-You can mix and match covie tech just please try to keep it simple and nothing so crazy it's just insane.
-Keep it realistic, and NO NON HALO ALIENS. This is halo. If you want to hint at possilities to other universes or something, that's fine. Just don't bring them in.
-Hunter/Ruby and I will be GMs alongside the normal Halo RP moderators.

Any questions ask us, we'll be happy to decide on an answer.

Now here's Ruby with the plot! Over to you Ruby!
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 04:53 am

The plot is simple. We're trying to stay away from the UNSC, like before. We don't like them, but we're not rebels. So we leave our homes and stuff after being discovered and BAM end up at the Planet Aithera.

What happens there...well, here's a hint.

Boil, Boil, Toil and Trouble
Fire burn and planet crumble
Hell has been brought, but sanctuaries remain
Escape the xenos is your mainstay

I can't get any more blunt either <3

That's that. Any comments, questions, we're happy to answer.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:03 am

Uh, question on the ships: Can a character be based on that ship, just not in real control? Like a Marine or an ODST being transported to the next battle.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:06 am

You can, Alex.

ALSO. Completely forgot.

The timeline, to keep it open, is PRE Halo 2.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:13 am

Okay. So basically the writer can still control the ship like where it goes, but they're characters is not really in control?
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:14 am

Yes.

The creativity has not been impacted, but we've just added restrictions to ships and nudged a direction.

You could be a crew member or whatever. Completely up to you.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:31 am

Also, about the Spartan bit.....

Not that I'm giving it any real serious though, but my original character was basically a genetically engineered clone made as part of another covert cell in ONI to create mass produced Spartan soldiers without training or kidnapping children.

Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:32 am

Razgriz wrote:
Also, about the Spartan bit.....

Not that I'm giving it any real serious though, but my original character was basically a genetically engineered clone made as part of another covert cell in ONI to create mass produced Spartan soldiers without training or kidnapping children.

That works.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:34 am

Razgriz wrote:
...as part of another covert cell in ONI to ...

Good right there.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:36 am

still skeptical on this reboot idea :/
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:42 am

One last thing. My character, when he started, was in possession of a stolen, prototype ONI prowler built from tech reverse engineered from the Covenant. Would that be okay?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:47 am

Razgriz wrote:
One last thing. My character, when he started, was in possession of a stolen, prototype ONI prowler built from tech reverse engineered from the Covenant. Would that be okay?

As long as it's relatively not-batshit, yup.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 05:54 am

You're clear, Alex.

If this is voted in OFC.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 06:19 am

As I've said with the last ten times this reboot topic has been brought up. I am completely down with it.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 07:19 am

Well, I admit that at first I was not for joining this (Or even taking part in a vote for it) but after careful consideration between me and my lawyer, I have concluded that if this were to come down to a vote then yes I probably would vote in its favor and even join it.

Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 08:51 am

Hm... Leaning towards no here. It seems a lot like this will just be the general HRP, but with more restrictions to certain things, but possibly not the things that actually caused issues in the first place(s).

I'm gonna say no, but it's not written in stone.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 08:54 am

FallenSanity wrote:
Hm... Leaning towards no here. It seems a lot like this will just be the general HRP, but with more restrictions to certain things, but possibly not the things that actually caused issues in the first place(s).

I'm gonna say no, but it's not written in stone.  

This. I like that you've tried to impose some restrictions, but it does seem like they aren't the things that made it wrong anyway, since you're still letting them through.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 10:15 am

Well then to be fair, what are some of the things you would suggest?
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 04:09 pm

I'm not sure how this will turn out...
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 04:18 pm

So.

"Let's tell them those weren't the problems really and leave them guessing" is the favorite answer, I'll answer with this.

Why don't you tell us what the problems were so we can see about fixing them, instead of making me have to post asking for WTF was wrong so I can talk to garth about it, and then have to wait six for maybe twelve hours for an answer, six of those passing while I'm at work?

Come on people. If you're going to say we missed something, kindly ADD WHAT WE MISSED.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 04:55 pm

Okay, just coz Jer seemed to be getting agitated.

The big problems with the last HRP(s) was that people were able to be quite overpowered as time went on. We had ships that didn't make sense and characters that sort of hurt to read or interact with. But, overall, there wasn't much actual lore breaking.
There was lots of lore bending.
Now, what you guys have done is good in the short term. We can all start off relatively sensibly (although I'm very much against Prowlers, but that's a matter of opinion I suppose), and we're all pretty equal. However, in the long term, every single person is going to be overpowered. Think about it. Once we all have gigantic monster ships, we're gonna be able to wipe out full armies. Is that breaking lore? No. Is it a good idea? No.

I admire that you don't want to get in the way of creativity. That's more than admirable.
However, it's an awful idea.
In RPs with no limits, people begin to take advantage of everything. Even with the limits you have (No S-IIs, uh... uh... Other rules) there will be loop holes. People will make S-IIIs, but they'll be part of experimental ONI things that make them much stronger or even worse, simply remove the drawbacks of being an S-III all together.

Mixing and matching Covie tech, but keeping it simple? So what're we talking here, just swapping guns around? There's a lot more to it than that. And nothing larger than a FRIGATE till chapter 5? Sure they're weak, but where are we getting these huge crews from? How do we know how to operate this? Why are we getting into naval combat so early on in the RP? In fact, why are we promoting ships at all when they seem to be the recurring problem in the HRP, and Halo Roleplays in general across the net?

That's just a bit for now. If I think of more, I'll add it to this comment.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 08:31 pm

FallenSanity wrote:
Okay, just coz Jer seemed to be getting agitated.

The big problems with the last HRP(s) was that people were able to be quite overpowered as time went on. We had ships that didn't make sense and characters that sort of hurt to read or interact with. But, overall, there wasn't much actual lore breaking.
There was lots of lore bending.
Now, what you guys have done is good in the short term. We can all start off relatively sensibly (although I'm very much against Prowlers, but that's a matter of opinion I suppose), and we're all pretty equal. However, in the long term, every single person is going to be overpowered. Think about it. Once we all have gigantic monster ships, we're gonna be able to wipe out full armies. Is that breaking lore? No. Is it a good idea? No.

I admire that you don't want to get in the way of creativity. That's more than admirable.
However, it's an awful idea.
In RPs with no limits, people begin to take advantage of everything. Even with the limits you have (No S-IIs, uh... uh... Other rules) there will be loop holes. People will make S-IIIs, but they'll be part of experimental ONI things that make them much stronger or even worse, simply remove the drawbacks of being an S-III all together.

Mixing and matching Covie tech, but keeping it simple? So what're we talking here, just swapping guns around? There's a lot more to it than that. And nothing larger than a FRIGATE till chapter 5? Sure they're weak, but where are we getting these huge crews from? How do we know how to operate this? Why are we getting into naval combat so early on in the RP? In fact, why are we promoting ships at all when they seem to be the recurring problem in the HRP, and Halo Roleplays in general across the net?

That's just a bit for now. If I think of more, I'll add it to this comment.

The ships won't have a crew. Only you and whatever other characters aka roleplayers who will be with you. You have to be able to maintain the thing, and only you and whoever you brought. You can fly it do whatever, but there are no crews, so you'll have to run back and forth from station to station to fly the thing.

As for covie tech, sure. Unless you want to be a human who happens to love the covies so huggy buggy much that he all but worshipped them from a distance until he learned their tech secrets, you probably won't get much shit on your ship before you steal it or whatever.

And say you were part of an ONI experiment thing to make s3's stronger or whatever, so what? There's a reason the program never worked, or else all S3's would be like that, right? Okay, you made the S3's more like S2s, why aren't all of them like that? What's the drawback? What made them stop? Remember, the GMs here would be Alex, Me, and Hunter, so if anything's stupid we're not going to hesitate to call you out on it.

Finally, you probably aren't going to get an Infinity class thing at the start of chapter 15. You have to work at it, build up to it, and then you can have it. And remember, you're probably going to be the only one running and maintaining the beast, so if anything happens, you won't be operating at MAX power or anything, and any damage you take will take like 50 years to be undone. You most likely aren't going to find an AI who's willing to have a rogue whatever you are take the ship, so most often than not you'd have to get rid of the AI somehow, or keep it from interfering with the ship, so now you won't have an AI helping you with anything.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 08:46 pm

I think it's an interesting idea. But I would have to know more about the plot, because, making a character and then finding out he no way of getting involved short of "And then suddenly so-and-so crashed into this lot of nay-doers and joined them on some random ass quest for no reason!"

Yeah. uh. So there's that.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 09:21 pm

This is In some need of a plot, why have all these people gathered together. With so many people with their own backstories and ships there needs to be a common grounds for them to combine forces
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 09:28 pm

Kite wrote:
This is In some need of a plot, why have all these people gathered together. With so many people with their own backstories and ships there needs to be a common grounds for them to combine forces

Look to the second post.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 09:52 pm

If there are no non halo species allowed why is xenoa mentioned, also why rebels?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime29/07/13, 10:28 pm

Kite wrote:
If there are no non halo species allowed why is xenoa mentioned, also why rebels?

Xenos just means aliens, as in anything not human.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime30/07/13, 10:52 am

Nick wrote:
I think it's an interesting idea. But I would have to know more about the plot, because, making a character and then finding out he no way of getting involved short of "And then suddenly so-and-so crashed into this lot of nay-doers and joined them on some random ass quest for no reason!"

(totally was a derp and forgot to respond to this)

The plot is given away almost entirely in the second post. Well. Most of it. Obviously it'd still be multi-step plot, as in, once this is done what next, but still. It's pretty much all there, you just have to read it right.

I'm not kidding, it really is there.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime30/07/13, 11:15 am

Armored Heart wrote:
Nick wrote:

(totally was a derp and forgot to respond to this)

The plot is given away almost entirely in the second post. Well. Most of it. Obviously it'd still be multi-step plot, as in, once this is done what next, but still. It's pretty much all there, you just have to read it right.

I'm not kidding, it really is there.

Ruby Rose wrote:
The plot is simple. We're trying to stay away from the UNSC, like before. We don't like them, but we're not rebels. So we leave our homes and stuff after being discovered and BAM end up at the Planet Aithera.

Boil, Boil, Toil and Trouble
Fire burn and planet crumble
Hell has been brought, but sanctuaries remain
Escape the xenos is your mainstay

How about, instead of being stupid and 'making us read it right' you TELL US? THAT'S SORTA THE POINT OF BEING GMS, TELLING US WHAT THE GAME IS! :D
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime30/07/13, 11:24 am

Welp. So much for exercising your brainpower.

Go to planet. Planet is glassed. Try to survive on the parts of the planet that aren't glassed. Things go bad. Covenant find us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HRP reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot   HRP reboot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP reboot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Ideas Board-
Jump to: