Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New Eden Incident

Go down 
+2
Dewsaur
117derek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

The New Eden Incident Empty
PostSubject: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime15/12/13, 11:38 pm

Note: The flood will come as soon as the ODSTs hit ground. Soon after that, the frigate will crash, and the RP will REALLY start.

The Battle of Earth has just been won by the UNSC, and a new planet has been found. This planet is lush and full of life, and it has been named New Eden. One more thing. It is full of forerunner technology that, if used right, could push the UNSC’s technology to the next tier. Scientists have founded multiple colonies on the planet, wherever they can find important technology. Multiple weapons have been uncovered, and research has already begun on them.
Recently, the UNSC has lost communication with a few of these newer colonies and research stations. The nearby USS Dream Catcher, commanded by Captain Greene, has been ordered to send troops to investigate.
The Dream Catcher has an ODST unit already on board, ready to deploy and investigate. This ODST team consists of the master marksman who goes by John “Cobra”, and the captain’s own son, Private Greene. As the Dream Catcher enters orbit, there is a slight rumble, causing the lights to flicker.
“We’ve been hit! All on board ODST members report to the Bridge. David Verihue report to the bridge. Staff members are ordered to wake all of the personnel in Cryo-sleep.”
More hits come to the Dream Catcher, but it stays strong, and fires back.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime17/12/13, 01:13 am

So only odsts right
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime17/12/13, 01:19 am

Green wrote:
So only odsts right

No, it's ODSTs initially, but after the flood is discovered, it's any character you want. Including Covvies, since they are the ones attacking the ship right now.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime17/12/13, 05:09 am

New Eden is inhabited, right? By humans I mean.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime17/12/13, 08:22 am

An RP with the Flood?
Fuck yeah.
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime17/12/13, 06:35 pm

Ruby Rose wrote:
New Eden is inhabited, right? By humans I mean.

It's newly inhabited. As in it was discovered relatively recently. A few colonies and research stations here and there, but most of it is unexplored.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime17/12/13, 11:07 pm

Also! Do you have a story planned out? At least past the first part?
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime17/12/13, 11:52 pm

Lane wrote:
Also! Do you have a story planned out? At least past the first part?

I have my first few posts planned out, because of another roleplay, but that's it. Basically, my ODST team drops from the Dream Catcher, then like half of them die from the flood. The Dream Catcher is already coming down toward the planet because of the damage from the covenant, and then some Pelicans controlled by flood slam into the engines, making it crash. So I guess people can actually start the roleplay escaping before it crashes, or even after it crashes, then fighting flood.
Does that answer your question at all?
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime18/12/13, 12:28 am

No.

Is it survive until we are rescued as the story? Or what?
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime18/12/13, 12:42 am

Ruby Rose wrote:
No.

Is it survive until we are rescued as the story? Or what?

Yeah I guess. It's basically what I just said, then we survive until we are rescued. And whatever happens in between is up to the players.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime18/12/13, 06:22 am

So there could be an underlying plot.

Like discovering forerunner tech

ONI experiment gone wrong

Independent Research lab experiment gone wrong

"Critical" information found

Saving Civilians, finding corruption in the government of whatever area you crash in and joining the side to take down the corruption, or stop it - kind of like the side-plot in Halo 3: ODST with the collectible thingy.

and so on
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime18/12/13, 07:14 pm

Nick wrote:
So there could be an underlying plot.

Like discovering forerunner tech

ONI experiment gone wrong

Independent Research lab experiment gone wrong

"Critical" information found

Saving Civilians, finding corruption in the government of whatever area you crash in and joining the side to take down the corruption, or stop it - kind of like the side-plot in Halo 3: ODST with the collectible thingy.

and so on

Yeah, I guess so. Just not the government thing because they really don't have much of a government yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Eden Incident   The New Eden Incident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Eden Incident
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Ideas Board-
Jump to: