Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super-Hero RP

Go down 
+4
N
Teria
FallenSanity
Razgriz
8 posters

Make this an RP?
Yes
Super-Hero RP Empty55%Super-Hero RP Empty
 55% [ 6 ]
No
Super-Hero RP Empty45%Super-Hero RP Empty
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime06/05/14, 04:43 am

So this is a joint idea between me, San and Kristy since we all worked on the docs linked below. Now hopefully the first can help relieve any concerns that this rp will have too many OP characters, or as one person put it that the supervillains would need to be gods to be a challenge. There's also the subject of what kind of world to let this all take place in, and that's the second docs topic.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HHvoVLBFwummlBGNADP_eBPSIiLBtAb8F4VHuwCu3io/edit

(If anyone has suggestions on powers or requests [provided this actually becomes an rp mind you] then ask first if the power is okay. There shall be no "easier to ask forgiveness than permission" here)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQbDZh1dRY4cnf8BZ4fHthetYFIZNoBpm4lHnA6-OLQ/edit

(Again, if anyone has ideas for a world, voice them)
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 05:21 am

Because this isn't an anonymous dictatorship, would anyone voting 'No' please tell us why?
Assuming you're not like Skippy and don't just hate new RPs (I'm kidding but you get the idea) we'd love to know what we can do to make you more interested.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 06:01 am

To be honest, any RP that we create nowadays is bound to be short-lived and more of a flash than anything else. Creating all these restrictions just makes it all the harder to do much of anything. I agree on drawbacks for things and having weaknesses, but restricting powers and what things can be used so heavily really reduces what is available for characters before just having overlaps.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 06:32 am

Garth wrote:
but restricting powers and what things can be used so heavily really reduces what is available for characters before just having overlaps.

While I agree that limiting or restricting powers reduces what is available for characters, most of this is done to make sure that the hero isn't essentially a god, or that villains need to be gods to even count as a threat to the hero.

If a god character is wanted......then who's up for an Age of Mythology rp? Eh, eh? Anybody?
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 06:33 am

Then you could literally say "as long as you're not a god"
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 06:37 am

Razgriz wrote:
Garth wrote:
but restricting powers and what things can be used so heavily really reduces what is available for characters before just having overlaps.

While I agree that limiting or restricting powers reduces what is available for characters, most of this is done to make sure that the hero isn't essentially a god, or that villains need to be gods to even count as a threat to the hero.

If a god character is wanted......then who's up for an Age of Mythology rp? Eh, eh? Anybody?

Normally I wouldn't restrict powers, nor support restriction of powers. On my previous sites there were no restrictions. But, similarly, there weren't two characters that involved dimensional rifts and one that involved passing beyond the boundaries of understanding and into the godliest realm. There was an ice dude, a fire dude, a flying chick, etc. There was even a guy who summoned fucking dinosaurs but he had no control over them, so it was fine, albeit stupid.

My reason for enforcing these restrictions was that quite clearly, as much as I hate to say it, people here are big fans of being OP. Now there is a good chance that was purely because the original thread had no context as an RP, so people went full on. But, people have since complained that they'd not be able to use said characters in an RP with these restrictions, which promotes the idea that people want to be able to tear open dimensions and shit. These restrictions shouldn't need to be put in place - they should be a given.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 06:39 am

Fallen wrote:
There was an ice dude, a fire dude, a flying chick, etc. There was even a guy who summoned fucking dinosaurs but he had no control over them, so it was fine, albeit stupid.

Fallen wrote:
There was even a guy who summoned fucking dinosaurs but he had no control over them, so it was fine, albeit stupid.

Let me shake this guy's hand.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 06:44 am

Fallen wrote:

Normally I wouldn't restrict powers, nor support restriction of powers. On my previous sites there were no restrictions. But, similarly, there weren't two characters that involved dimensional rifts and one that involved passing beyond the boundaries of understanding and into the godliest realm. There was an ice dude, a fire dude, a flying chick, etc. There was even a guy who summoned fucking dinosaurs but he had no control over them, so it was fine, albeit stupid.

My reason for enforcing these restrictions was that quite clearly, as much as I hate to say it, people here are big fans of being OP. Now there is a good chance that was purely because the original thread had no context as an RP, so people went full on. But, people have since complained that they'd not be able to use said characters in an RP with these restrictions, which promotes the idea that people want to be able to tear open dimensions and shit. These restrictions shouldn't need to be put in place - they should be a given.

I see/saw maybe two characters I could consider OP in the thread, but I understand your sentiment. Debating personal uses and plans for characters has no point right now, but the idea of having this amazing character and messing around in a short-lived rp has a lot of appeal. As I said, I doubt anyone is going to stick with this for very long other than maybe two people I could name off the top of my head, and that's because I know these people actually had plenty of time and thought go into their characters (they know who they are). Everyone else, as far as I know, just made up characters on the spot.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 07:06 am

after good amount of thought change vote to no
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 07:11 am

so wait is that now 3-5?
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 08:21 am

Wait, we're allowed to change our vote? That hardly seems fair.
I change mine to yes then, So it's still 4 - 4.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 08:40 am

so this whole thing is still going to be deadlocked.......instead of outright changing votes, can we please discuss here where it can be archived (promise not to delete anything) how we can make the story of this thing work. If what zeru said on the chat about how the whole thing, the details and such, not being solid is why he changed it to no, then that's something that needs fixing instead of slapping "no" onto this.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 09:06 am

Well, actually if I'd voted 'yes' in the first place (Or if I'd have known we were allowed to change votes when we feel like it) then this would've passed already.
As it stands, I'd like to point out that Zeru's concerns stated in the chat are misinformed
Spoiler:

-We have the general rules and restrictions (Everyone above who thought there was no need for restrictions, there is. I was in an RP once where people had powers, not even to this extent, and I eventually deleted the entire thing because of the sheer volume of stupidity it ended up with.)
Without restrictions, there'd be total chaos.
-We have a story idea ready (Thanks to Raz) and it's really not difficult to think of others, even if we do go with the generic super-super villain that we all need to work together to defeat.

Zeru, can you point out specifics of why you changed your mind?
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 05:26 pm

I voted yes because while I'm not going to pretend that I have the commitment to do this RP, I definitely want to read the shit out of it and also I like helping people be creative so yes you have my vote.
 :xazhi: 
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 07:31 pm

^ this
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 09:12 pm

Alright, first it was 4-4 then zeru changed it to 3-5 with his switch, Kristy brought it back to 4-4 when she changed her vote, and then we got three new votes bringing it all to 6-5......I think, I know the vote passed in favor.

But for the record, (and this should probably be a new rule) no more changing your votes people, it makes keeping score confusing and more of a chore than it needs to be. If you're going to vote make damned sure you're going to stick to it and not pull a 180 later on.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 09:20 pm

People have the right to change their mind.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 09:27 pm

>.>

Screw their rights in the name of winning

<.<

(jk but still, come on)
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime07/05/14, 09:28 pm

If people have a change of heart, and they feel their vote should be changed after it has been cast, that is their choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super-Hero RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super-Hero RP   Super-Hero RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super-Hero RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Voting Board-
Jump to: