Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weekly DnD Group

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 01:00 am

So I was thinking about the idea of maybe getting a group together to DnD with over Skype/Mumble/Teamspeak on a weekly basis.
Just a fun thing to do and something rather like the RP we already do.

Obviously we'd need the expertise of someone who already plays DnD like Xazhi/Jan to help us and be our DM/GM.

Just post here if it's something you'd think about doing.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 01:03 am

I volunteer as tribute..yeah im in
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 01:18 am

schedule permitting, yeah definitely
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 01:22 am

Obviously we'd try to fit it around the players schedules as best we can. I've spoken to Jan and he'd be down for this.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 03:26 am

Oh fucking yes.
I was planning on learning DnD with someone a little higher on my importance list, but you guys would be an amazing second.

... That might sound worse than I wanted it too.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 04:01 am

I've actually been planning with my homies to set up a D&D Next campaign on Roll20 set in my own universe for a while now. If yall are down for that, or if any of you just want to play with me, go find the D&D Next files and I'll start a campaign whenever yall want.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 11:32 am

I'm down for running two groups if we get the numbers of whatever.

I know Jan would prefer to play Pathfinder, so I downloaded the books last night and got round to reading through them

But I could also get 4th Edition DnD if we want to run that too
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 11:55 am

I'm well-versed in 4e, never played Pathfinder. The reason I say Next is because I feel it's a much better system than 4e in terms of fluidity, immersion, and overall promotion of Roleplay.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime08/05/14, 12:38 pm

We could run a group with you and a group with Jan being GM's, if people are down for that.
We'll see how many are interested and what time we have free for this
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime09/05/14, 01:08 pm

Aight, Here's what you'll need for D&D Next
I cannot stress enough how sexy this system is.

http://www.elliotnegelev.com/atlin/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/00-All-Rules-Combined-101413.pdf
Thats every book for the most recent (and the last until it comes out for real) version of D&D Next. If you have any confusions, I'll be answering questions during whenever we do a meetup chat thing.

I highly recommend using http://charsheet.me/login.php for all your Character Sheet related needs. You can make both 5e (Next) and 4e charsheets on this site, and allow a DM to view them as theyre edited in real time, sortof like Google Docs. Its really sweet.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime09/05/14, 03:42 pm

Aight, so since this campaign is going to be taking place in my universe, what Im going to have yall do is pick a race from my world and use the stats of a D&D race based on it. If you played the GDRP and/or FRP, you'll already know most of these. Under each one I'll give a visual example of the race, and at the bottom I'll have a Height Chart.

Bjor - A race of short, hill-and-mountain dwelling people originating from the near NorthWest.
Spoiler:

Ljnn - The fair, nimble people from the Queendom of Ljnn.
Spoiler:

Breniin - Smaller than Bjor, Breniin are underhill folk with an affinity for the simpler things in life.
Spoiler:

Mier - An incredibly Diverse people originating from the Middle NorthWest.
Spoiler:

Gaev - Distantly related to Ljnn, the Gaev are a dessert-and-canyon people from the lands of Na'den.
Spoiler:

Half-Ljnn - Sometimes referred to as Ljier, the Half-Ljnn Half-Mier hybrid people are most commonly found on
the borders of Ljnn and Mier societies.
Spoiler:

Kebi - Large, Dark-Skinned folk from the Far SouthEast, the Kebi are well-known for their skills in metalworking.
Spoiler:

Maeyr - Renowned hunters infamous for their wars with the Ljnn, the Maeyr are a large, dark-skinned people
from the Middle West who have been driven from their ancestral lands.
Spoiler:

Revair - Fair people from the Far SouthEast, the Revair are mountain folk known for their deep roots in magic, history, and fine arts.
Spoiler:

Khoel - A reclusive horned people from the Far Western Plains, the Khoel have only been brought up from slavery in the most recent few centuries after a long history of oppression by Mier and Ljnn alike.
Spoiler:

Each line represents a foot, so the first line is one foot from the bottom, the second is two, etc.
Weekly DnD Group  Height10

Conversion of D&D Race to These Races

Dwarf - Bjor
Elf - Ljnn
Halfling - Breniin
Human - Mier
Drow - Gaev
Gnome - Breniin
Half-Elf - Half-Ljnn
Half-Orc - Kebi or Maeyr
Tiefling - Revair or Khoel

Dragonborn - Dragonborn
Warforged - Warforged

No Kender because their racial power is hells of broke.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime10/05/14, 01:55 pm

Weekly DnD Group  Langua10

Choose your languages from the Green Table at first level, unless your INT is 17+, then you may choose one from the Red table at first level.

If you want help with naming based on language shoot me a message on Steam.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime10/05/14, 02:22 pm

Use this link to join the game as a player (like signup-ways)
https://app.roll20.net/join/396177/Jp-BOg

Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime11/05/14, 11:20 pm

Well done everyone on a great first session the other day, even if Xazhi wanted to kill himself by the end of it.

I'll be in touch over Steam and Skype to sort out the next session time.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime30/05/14, 07:46 pm

Everyone level your characters to Lv2!
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime31/05/14, 04:11 pm

When's the next time we can all get together?
I'm free all this next week except Wednesday and Friday Night.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime01/06/14, 07:14 pm

I should be free next week except for wednessday and thursday morning.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime01/06/14, 10:20 pm

As always I'm free all week.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime01/06/14, 11:26 pm

Could do Thursday night? I'll have a chat with Ethan about it.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime02/06/14, 12:28 am

Well, Whose thursday night, ours or yours?
Because, you know,

England is 8+ hours ahead of my time (Go daylight savings time!)
Australia is 15+ hours ahead
and the East Coast is 3+ hours ahead of me

So yeah
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime02/06/14, 12:49 am

I'm good for any time Thursday. I can stay up all that night or the night before to keep that whole 24 hours open.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime02/06/14, 01:18 am

thursday morning at 9:20am I have an appointment with a University adviser, and I have no idea how long that will be.

So that's like, 12:20pm for Xaz,
3:20 for the englanders
and 12:20am for San, but like, so after that time, when I get back, I'll be free the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime03/06/14, 02:47 pm

We still on for Thursday Night? I'm all set to go whenever you guys are.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime03/06/14, 06:36 pm

We all seem pretty okay for it.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime03/06/14, 06:46 pm

Right on. I think you guys are really gonna dig what I have planned this session.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime03/06/14, 09:27 pm

alright so, what time are we meeting? (any of your local times will do)
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime03/06/14, 11:48 pm

Whenever you're done with your shit and Skippy is out of work. I estimate around 1-1h30 my time, but thats liquid.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime04/06/14, 12:11 pm

Yeah, just get online and start a Skype call when you're free and everyone can join as they come available.

Then we'll start when we're all there
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime26/06/14, 05:34 pm

When is the next time we're doing this thing again? Sun and I are waiting on you guys, so let us know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekly DnD Group  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly DnD Group    Weekly DnD Group  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly DnD Group
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: News & Announcements :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: