Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World

Go down 
+5
FallenSanity
zeru
Teria
K
Razgriz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 09:21 pm

A few minutes later we arrived. I'm told it looks like any other fast food place, lots of lights, colorful logos, attention grabbing and 'witty' names. All things designed to get the attention of an individual who is hungry and not thinking straight. We walked into the front door, a little electronic bell ringing somewhere to indicate to someone the door had been opened. We got in line and I looked at Zeru. "So what are you going to get this time? Usual or something new."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 09:23 pm

gonna do something new and gonna go with one of everything
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 09:25 pm

"Think we can afford that? If you order one of everything we'll have to share." I remind him, adjusting my shirt.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 09:26 pm

we can afford it and they simplified the menu so it should be reasonable price
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 09:29 pm

"I hope so." I look up and study the new menu. "Hey, how much is that? The one on the far left." I point out the one I'm thinking of, trying to remember the rules for currency around here.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 09:32 pm

3 dollars
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 09:34 pm

"And I have...5?" I asked pulling out a green piece of paper with human numerals written on it.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 10:04 pm

that's a 50 not a 5 the zero is smudged over by dirt
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 10:06 pm

"So in other words, let you pay." I say, smiling lightly as the line moved forward.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 10:10 pm

=chuckles=

[u] yeah no i paid last time[u]
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 10:20 pm

"Well all I have is a piece of currency more than 10 times larger than what I want to eat. Maybe I'll just pay for both of us, who knows." I shrug and look as the line moves again, bringing us closer to the counter.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 10:31 pm

= smells something strange and stops=

do you smell smoke? cause this place doesn't use any cooking methods that produce smoke
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 10:31 pm

Sighing, I got back up to my feet and prepared myself for the inevitable ass-kicking. She and I sparred again, and while I was doing a bit better......a bit wasn't enough to stop the patron goddess of ass-beating, and I went down again. Chris chuckled, before walking over and helping me to my feet. "You are definitely showing some progress James, I like it. Now before we get going, let me teach you a few new things." Her method of teaching me involved getting those pad things you wore like boxing gloves, with me wearing them first so she could show me the moves, what to do, how to stand, that sorta thing. Then she wore them and told me to try, but take it slow. I tried, successfully actually, but she was still the better of us.

We ended up having company as we trained, when a blonde haired girl walked into the gym and came to stand near us. Amanda Cooper, she was Chris' friend and they knew eachother for half as long as Chris knew me though that didn't mean she and I weren't friends also. It was just more like a scale sorta thing, where Chris was higher on it than I was. Amanda was fifteen, a rose petal taller than me, had a healthy, pale skin tone and wore glasses that honestly......gave her that cute geek vibe and yes, she was a bit of a geek. Sci-fi nerd, anime and manga nerd, and a whiz at computers too. But I knew she took lessons from Chris in self-defense, and she knew how to defend herself. If not how to fight, then at least that.

"Hey Amy," I said when I saw her. "What's up?" She stopped when she saw me, eyes going a bit wide as she dropped her backpack which she had already started to unhook from her shoulders. "J-james? Oh my god...." she whispered and I immediately realized what it was, going red in the face and feeling ashamed, turning away from her so my....more natural side showed, hiding my arm and leg.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/05/14, 11:21 pm

I sniff the air, but smell nothing out of the ordinary save for a very faint stench of burnt something. "I think so. Can you tell where it's coming from?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 12:28 am

Amy quickly stopped gawking, blushing herself and saying "Sorry, sorry James. I.....didn't mean to stare." Turning my head to look at her, I said grimly "It's okay Amy.....hell, I can't help but stare in the mirror sometimes." Chris, the stalwart defender against tense moments, said "So you do admire yourself in the mirror. Typical." It didn't quite diffuse the tension, but it at least got me and Amy smiling, slightly. "Like you don't do the same thing Chris," I responded, much to her amusement. Turning this time, not that embarrassed anymore, I faced Amy again in all my half-human glory. "Well......may as well get this out of the way then," I said.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 02:24 am

=takes another wiff=
right about...

=right as he says that he turns around and notices the fire not too far off=

oh shit dude that house is on fire right down the block
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 04:26 am

I turn my gaze without turning my head and look at the fire. "Looks dangerous. I hope the people ho were inside got out just fine." I wasn't really concerned. Humans were not my people, I had no attachment to them, they were a means to rescue my true people.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 04:41 am

i'm not so sure of that

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 04:52 am

"Well what do you want to do? I'm hungry."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 04:56 am

you may not be willing to help out of goodness of your heart so think about it like this, if something bad happens people will investigate area and if they do that there is a good chance they might notice large power usage and the super computer will be found and alll the hard work done up to this point will be in vain
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 05:08 am

"To be honest, I know you're playing me, but you're right. Although I believe the 'something bad' would be the fire to start with." I say, hanging my head and turning out to better face Zeru. "So we could possible be working hard on empty stomachs for nothing." I give him a straight look as I start gathering the energy needed to open a portal to the Void.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 05:17 am

=checks to make sure no one else is around=

ok we should be good and trust me the food after we're done will make up for the work
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 05:27 am

Amy looked a bit nervous, but she took off her shoes and walked onto the mat in her socks as I extended my robotic limb. She took it in her hands, feeling it out. Her uneasiness gave way to interest and curiosity as she felt the prosthesis out. To make things funny, she started speaking in techno babble. "Whoa, this is one of Panacea's latest cyber-limbs; links up to your nervous system for total control, and has dozens of points of articulation. Same degree of motor skill as your original hand too. Power source is a rechargeable battery......I heard they're making this new, life-like skin for the limbs, but no idea when it comes out."

Chuckling a little, I gently tugged on my arm and said "Can I have it back now Amy?" She looked up and blushed a little, letting go and saying "Sorry.....just, bit of a geek and I love seeing that kinda stuff." There must have been a flash of something, maybe anger or remorse in my eyes, because she looked away and said "Sorry....." Sighing, and feeling like a jerk to boot, I said "No, I'm sorry. I'm still getting used to it and all but.....I don't feel whole, ya know?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 05:31 am

"If not you're paying for the next two times." I smile and rip open a hole in time and space. It stops at about 3 feet in diameter. A similar one opens up outside the door of the restaurant. I dive through, and while I'm floating in the Void, heading towards that exit portal some distance ahead of me in that milky white nothingness, I turn to see my suit floating nearby. As the clothes I wore from Earth burn off and dissipate into fragments of nothingness, I grab my trusty radiation suit and slip it on, feeling the semi-organic clasps catch and slide into place to create and airtight seal around my body. I line up and push myself out through the exit portal, rolling and picking myself up off the ground carefully. "Ugh, I need to get better at rolling smoothly." I comment, my voice sightly muffled and distorted from my suit.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 05:59 am

"Kinda," Amy said. "So.....besides that, how are you feeling James?" she asked me, and I shrugged. "Apart from getting my ass handed to me like usual, feeling fine." It was a lie; I still felt like hell, since Kat was still dead, and while this was cool and all I had an alien AI in my head. But I wasn't about to tell anyone that. Amy and Chris seemed to take it......or they knew I was lying, and didn't mind letting me lie. Slapping my shoulder gently, Amy said "Well, we're here for ya James. After all, we are the Three Brooklyneers." Of all things, that got me smiling again, a sincere one too. The Three Brooklyneers....that was what we called ourselves, Chris, Amy and I.

When the little moment had ended, Amy sat by the mat with her books out from school, working on her homework. Calculus apparently, though in all fairness I couldn't tell Calculus from Algebra, since my math skills were terrible. But Amy was the brains of our group, and probably one of the smartest girls in school. While she did her homework, Chris and I continued to train, with me back to learning the new moves.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 06:41 am

let's head to back of house and see if we can see if anyone got out

=starts running at medium speed to the back of the house=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:01 am

I keep pace with him, running alongside him as we hop the fence and start moving towards the back, bits of flaming debris falling down around us. Nothing major, nothing really even noticeable, just something that gave this one little area an air of danger. As we neared the back, there were a couple people and an animal, from the looks of it some young humans and a pet. Two girls it seemed like, and very young as they were the same size as the animal, a dog from what from I remember. "Zeru, talk to them, i'll find a way inside." I said, going over to the burning building, the only open door having flames spewing from the doorway, roaring up onto the roof.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:22 am

It seemed like forever, but finally she closed the door. Trudging downstairs to her Camaro, Seryna was there with the Suburban.
"So. How was it."
"Well. He was weird, paid well, and smelled funny. Still not my best client."
"Who is?"
Libra smirked, leaning closer to Seryna. "She knows where I sleep."

Leaving a blushing Seryna, Libra climbed into her Camaro and sped off as her friend covered her face. "Damn you."

Jake woke with a start. He was resting on Stella's lap, his girlfriend watching TV...so he said nothing.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:26 am

=heads over to the little girls and after assuring them he and his friend were there to help asked them what happened and then has another bystander look after them before running next to urthus=

best i could get was some mean looking men demanded money from their father and when he refused a scuffle broke out starting the fire and i think the parents are still inside

Last edited by zeru on 23/05/14, 07:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:28 am

Chris and I had to stop soon, since I was starting to get too tired to keep training. The therapy in the hospital managed to keep me from getting weak but even then it would be a while before I was back to my old self.

Simply ask James, and we can get you back in shape by tonight, Gestalt said.

It was tempting. Though I had to wonder what Gestalt would have to do to make that a reality. I'd have to cross that bridge when I came to it though, since at the moment my time was spent in the locker room getting changed, since Chris, Amy and I were on our way out to head home. Leaving the gym soon after changing, the three of us headed for Chris' house for lunch, she and Amy engaging in light chat about.....well, girl stuff I guess. Some school was mixed in, talk about the upcoming dance. That last one really seemed to be the centerpiece.

Me being the guy though......I am not ashamed to say I tuned them out. Look, they were my friends and all but the school dance just did not appeal to me, mostly because dancing just wasn't my thing. Freerunning across rooftops, swiping candy-bars and soda from the store, talking to alien AI's in my head......those were my thing.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:32 am

Orion yawned, leaning back on the couch and rubbing his head softly. He turned the lights off, let the stage reset, and made his way up to his room to begin doing some research on the Ring of Fire.

He wasn't sure if he'd enjoyed that or not. Something just didn't... feel right, about her. Probably just him over-thinking things. He shook his head and checked to see how much he'd paid her. Yeah, about the same as always. Nothing too special, at least not from his point of view.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:43 am

"Well. I suppose that's not as bad as it could've been, I guess. Stand back a sec." I made sure Zeru as standing back enough, and then planted my covered foot against the glass, caving the heat warped crystals inwards with a shatter and twinkling. "Only way in now. Won't be long until flame rush out due to oxygen. Zeru, look for a way to put out the fire. The flames look too hot for your unprotected skin. And before you say it, only doing this cuz you'll owe me dinner." I look at him and laugh, before stepping into the raging inferno.

My suit warned me of the extreme heat, a little blip next to my face going off about how it was dangerous and I needed to evacuate. I sped up out of fear, and need to keep my suit intact. While my suit was designed to handle radiation, highly specialized in that department actually, it wasn't designed to handle flames. All I had to rely on in that regard was it's natural energy-resistant design, and basic materials to withstand the flames. It was probably better than most, certainly better than common clothing, but it was by no means fire proof. "If only I could take this all to the Void. Flames would be out as soon as the event horizon was crosssed." I muttered and began to look around.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:53 am

After we got back to the house, Chris and Amy stayed down in the living room to watch tv while I went upstairs to my room after lying and saying I wanted to take a nap. Okay Gestalt, I said, sitting on my bed. Show me what you can do.

Start by removing your prosthetics, they'll only impede us.

Maybe I was too eager in removing the limbs, a sudden quickness about me to get them off like they were on fire. Guess that was my way of showing how much I still hated them. Stashing them under my bed, my next words were Okay, now what? For an answer, I felt my skin start to itch all over and to my shock and near horror this gray ooze started to seep out of my skin.

Forgive us for startling you James, but we are exiting out through the pores of your skin, Gestalt said.

That sorta calmed me down but not by much, the ooze spreading over every part of me, even my clothes. I could feel it coming down over my eyes and on reflex they closed, my face feeling like it was covered in mud.

James.....open your eyes.

They opened, and to my surprise I could see, like the nanites (for that's what the ooze had to be) weren't there. Then as if to add to my surprise, I felt, felt something from my right and looked down. My arm and leg were there, and I could feel them......even if they, like the rest of me, looked different as I saw myself in the mirror. You know those pictures of the human musculature? Imagine that, only the face is smoothed out and featureless like a mannequin, the toes were all fused together with the feet more like shoes, and the color......well it wasn't red. Instead it was this gun metal gray color. Whoa I thought to myself.

Construction of nano-shell epidermis complete, Gestalt said.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:58 am

=looks around to see if he can fine something to put out fire around back and see's a large hose nearby so he turns it on and begins scaling up some scaffolding near the house to get to the roof while turning on his comm device he carries with him=

urthus i'm making my way to the ceiling with a hose to see if i can get the water in through roof and maybe vent some of the smoke if it;'s not very thick
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 08:13 am

This was just incredibly cool. As I stood and walked over to the mirror for a closer look, tears nearly came to my eyes at the sheer fact I could feel again in my right hand. How? I asked.

We can replicate damaged to destroyed nerves and sync them to your nervous system. However, it would be best if while like this you are unable to feel pain during combat.

Works for me, I thought. So, what can this do?

Well, if we are not mistaken we already clarified that strength and speed are increased. The epidermis can also cloak rendering you largely invisible.

Largely?

It isn't perfect, sadly. Perfect cloaking technology is possible......but it required more complex technology than we are equipped. For now, you can be unseen to the casual observer and even to the trained for a brief time.

Well, better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 08:24 am

Three dozen figures sat in the auditorium, the wooden benches uncomfortable and the quiet easy murmurers filling the air. On each of their crisp black uniform each speckled with a wide variety of campaign ribbons, medals and awards, lay a single silver skull with a trio of crossed swords. The mark of a commander. Mary Lewis, Wolf Lead to most people had realised almost as soon as she had been summoned to this top secret, classified tier one meeting something big must have gone down.

Owl Lead and Tiger Lead sat near her, everyone sat in groups of the comrades they fought with, the forces assigned to the European theatre had grabbed the front row, the Asian theatre had the rear and Wolf Lead and co had storm the middle, usually the best seats in the house. The murmurs fell silent the moment their leader walked in the famed and beloved General. No one knew his first name or his last, he simple was and always had been general. He made his way to the podium flanked by two heavily armed guards who both carried machineguns.
"Hello Commanders" He began. "A new enemy now threatens the future of humanity..." The General let the words sink deep into the mind of everyone before continuing. "Intelligence sources indicate a rogue organisation with a separate misguided agenda is undermining UNESD operations... These acts cannot go unpunished" His steel gaze seemed to burn into everyone, searing their souls almost.
"The UN security council has reascended our previous directive to protect all human life on earth we are now directed to use all available resources to locate and eliminate these traitors" Hushed silence greeted his words, before the general asked a single question. "Now any questions?"

One of the European commanders' stood up and ironically in a thick Texan accent voiced. "Sir do we know who they are?"
With a sigh the General shook his head. "Not for certain but we have leads" The UNESD selected the best and just because you may live in one country does not mean you will join that area's UNESD. Wolf Lead for example was British to served in America, same with Owl Lead who was African and Tiger Lead who came from Japan.

"Sir would this have anything to do with the cyber attacks?" Came another question from someone Wolf Lead could not see nor did she wish to turn around to look. "Yes... Fortunately few of our databases where harmed though the UN was compromised so we are assuming the enemy knows about us any further questions? Good"  He said as he was turning to leave before stopping and speaking some more.

"Commanders return to your theatre of operations and make all plans needed to defend and seek and destroy our enemy we are officially at war status Midnight Winter" With that he left followed by his two guards. Well that explained the guards. Midnight Winter... Words no one wished to every see or hear as a status. It meant that the UNESD was fighting a human threat, no one was above suspicion. Whoever these traitors were they had messed with the wrong organisation, when it came to defending humanity there was nothing the UNESD would not do. Now that they would be fighting traitors, well their retribution would be terrible.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 09:01 am

My room was no place to test out whatever Gestalt had to offer, but I couldn't just walk out the front door. That left.....the window. On the bright side, I knew the floor-plan pretty well and knew that there was no window below my room, so if I jumped out (like I was doing right now) no one inside would see me. Leaping down, I landed on my feet and was surprised to not feel any impact, the nanomachines work no doubt. It was still the afternoon though, plenty of daylight for people to see, so I thought about cloaking. To my amazement, I did, the fact becoming apparent when I raised my arm to see.....well, nothing. There was a blur though, almost like heat off the pavement during a hot day but less obvious.

Simply think it, and we shall do it James.

Awesome, powers on thought. With that, I stayed cloaked as I broke into a run around the corner of the house and down the street.

Caution James, we cannot keep the cloak up if you run at these speeds.

That became apparent, as I started to flicker back into visibility. Then I realized that my speed was faster than usual. I was running as fast an Olympic sprinter by the looks of it, running past a car on the road. There was the sound of screeching tires as the car came to a halt, veering to the side, the driver clearly shocked. Uh oh, might want to get off the streets. As I left the neighborhood, I started getting into the larger building area, three story buildings like apartment buildings and shops. My kind of playground really. I drew some stares (okay a lot of stares) as I ran into an alley, leaping up to grab onto a fire-escape and haul myself up. Quickly scaling it, I got to the roof and started running. So, quick run down. What can I do that you haven't told me already?

Jumping height is increased so you may jump roughly twenty feet, we can create a HUD for you to see that can display things your Human eye cannot, though the eye we constructed can see. Thermal, night vision, back-scatter x-ray, and of course telescopic vision. Melee weapons can be made, be they blunt or sharp, and because of our unique alloy, aided by your new strength, it can cut through nearly anything.

Nearly? I though as I jumped over a gap.

If the target is of sufficient density, we will not be able to cut through on a single hit. Either wear them down or attempt a different tactic.

Well, this was turning into the coolest moment of my life, partial loss of humanity aside. Leaping over the next gap, I came to a stop as I heard something in the distance. Quickly moving to the edge of the roof, I looked down the street and saw a few things: first the view of Manhattan, damn it looked good as always. Second: smoke, rising quickly from the street, centered around a building. Gestalt zoomed in for me, and I recognized the place. "That's the bank," I said aloud. Sirens could be heard, probably cops who were passing through; no offense to cops in general but they never responded this quickly. Still, that didn't detract my attention from the bank, as I spotted a large truck, one of those vans with the side door kinda thing, parked outside. And.....some guys with ski-masks and clad in body armor and weapons hauling sacks out.

How cliche. How perfect a moment for me to test out my powers.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 06:17 pm

Jake was at the comic shop when the sounds of sirens fill the air. The small comm fitted around his ear buzzed.
"Bank robbery. Cops aren't there yet."
"It's the new issue of my manga..."
"Your fanservice can wait."
"But!"
"You do realize that doing so will ensure the public image of Paladin remains good, correct?"
"..."
He bought the manga, then ran into the alley. Aries was right. If he stayed in the news, then this Libra would be able to locate him. And then they could find the ship Aries mentioned, he guessed.
Putting the manga in his bag, he activated the gauntlet. Wpreading his arms out, the rift behind him cut gravity, and once he was centered, the PERSEUS Armor suit appeared and encased him.
"Antigrav activated..." the suit lifted into the air, and Jake rocketed off into the clouds.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:10 pm

"It looks pretty thick down here." I reply, knocking over furniture as I look around for anyone breathing. I spot maybe...3 or 4 people in the living room, one of them draped on the stairs as if they wanted to climb up. I walk over, and I see movement: they were trying to get away. "Relax. Here to get you out." "Wh-who," a man says, coughing for a moment, "Ar-are you." "Not important. Gonna get you out of here." My suit continues its warnings as I start to pick up that person, trying to move them as they cough and hack into my ear so that they can rest on my shoulder as well as the spikes on my back. The protrusions were helpful for storing tools, objects, things that I needed but didn't need that very second while I was working. Looked menacing now, but that wasn't part of the design philosophy when the suit was made back on Asadan.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:24 pm

gonna see if i can drop the hose down the fireplace chute let me know if you can see it or not

=heads over to the chute and starts snaking the hose down=

ok it's heading down gonna look for spots to vent smoke

=starts looking for said spots=
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:45 pm

Orion sat on a bench, alone, in silence, as he awaited the meeting of his contact. He scanned the screen on his tablet, sighing and scratching his neck. It didn't seem like there was much info on how to create a manmade eruption, especially on the scale of the Ring of Fire. He wondered if it'd even be possible.

And then the sound of heels on the pavement. Orion looked up and saw his contact, walking in silence, purse by her side. 'Agent' Wandan, a spy that had been recruited after the Cold War, all the way from China. She'd be pretty damn helpful, considering she was first to report the threat.

"Orion."

Orion stood and bowed for her, as she continued to walk, and he followed by her side.

"This is a real threat. We can have other operatives get involved if need be, but you'd be very helpful. The criminal used to work for Nexus - then he went insane. Or, well, more insane. He has a strong following now, and claims he can warp the plates of the earth. If that's true..."

Orion simply nodded, as he listened on.

"We'd send you in with a few special agents. They'd take down the enemy while you charge in, immune to any damage we can gather they'd be able to cause."

Orion smiled to himself, always glad when people knew his abilities. But, of course, he wasn't a fan of how everyone forgot his whole other power.

"I don't think we need a whole team, but okay."

She turned, facing him and frowning. She didn't want to risk anything, no one involved did. If this went wrong, and the Ring of Fire DID go off, it'd be the largest catastrophe in the history of the planet.

"Fine, fine."

A few minutes passed. The two spoke, chatted, and traded important info. Before long, Orion was alone again, proud of what he'd gained.

"Agent Roselin, we've got what we need."

Orion hung up instantly, and sighed as he looked up at the sky. And then saw a few cop cars whiz by.

"Huh. Busy day."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 07:47 pm

On both ends of the street the cops showed up in their patrol cars. Two of the bank robbers who weren't carrying a bag turned and opened fire, using compact sub-machine guns to slow down both cars as they and their friends retreated inside. There were around six, all toting guns and that was the last I saw before they closed the doors of the bank. I had no idea how many hostages were inside, and while I did want to kick ass and test out the nanomachines, it's not like I was eager enough to endanger civilians. So I ran to the next roof so I was across from the bank, made sure my cloak was still on, and plotted out my route from there. I had to go to the end of the roof for a running start, running as fast as I could to jump at the end so I would soar over the street. Didn't reach the roof of the bank though, sadly, instead hitting one of the windows on the third floor, glass shattering as I hit the floor in a roll. Freezing, I listened for any shouts of surprise or 'What was that?' or 'Go check it out.' None came, so I had the element of surprise. The room I was in was a large office, probably the managers. I got up and headed for the door when I heard the sound of footsteps, then someone kicked it open.

One of the robbers, they were wearing a bullet proof vest beneath that tactical vest you see military guys wearing, all those pockets and stuff on the chest. A black long sleeved shirt with pants to match, the ski-mask an orange color. He carried another of those SMG's, along with a pistol strapped to the thigh. When he saw me standing there......well, he froze and I couldn't blame him. I mean come on, who expects to see a guy like me? Better yet who can and not be shocked? Sadly though his surprise did not last long as he already started to raise his SMG to fire at me, but I was already starting to move towards him, grabbing his gun and shoving it up to aim at the ceiling, and aiming a kick to his knees. It didn't work though, because this guy must have been trained in the military or something since he adjusted his stance and managed to kick me away and down to the floor. On my back and helpless, he pointed the gun at me and fired.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 08:01 pm

As Jake flew towards the location, a couple cars whizzed by below; a van with guns blazing at the cops.
"House fire, bank robbery, and a kidnapping." Aries reported. Jake rocketted down. "Kidnapping first."
He winged his way through the streets, gaining on the van and the pursuing police cruisers.
"Jacobi, activate biosign detector."
He did so, sighing softly. "Okay...no X-ray vision?"
"Perseus was a self righteous prick. No one trusted anything like that with anything related to him."
"Greek mytho much?"
"This isnt the first time we visited."
"...what..."
"Yep...we just never found a reason to open diplomatic talks until now."

Sighing, he extended his sword. "Great. I'll just go save the day."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 08:21 pm

At first, I thought it was all over. Then the sound of bullets pinging off metal combined with the sensation of being repeatedly rapped on the chest made me realize the bullets were doing shit. Orange-mask (hey I don't know his name do you?) emptied the entire clip, but still nothing. "Sorry dude," I said immediately, startling both him and myself with how altered my voice sounded. It was like speaking through one of those voice changer things, only clearer to understand. "But bullets don't work on me." Repeating what happened in the gym, I kicked my legs up and out to bring me to my feet. With a thought, I worked on making a weapon, non-lethal though, and my right hand formed into a square block more than a foot long and half as wide, made of condensed nanites that even with my extra strength, still felt heavy. That was actually a good thing, since I pushed off with my right foot and slammed the hammer home into his chest in a punch that sent him flying out the door and into the narrow hall, hitting the wall and sliding down to the floor. Think he's dead?

Doubtful, though more than likely you cracked some ribs.

Well that was good. Look, yes he was a violent bank robber and yes he tried to kill me but I'm no killer, even justified. I know Kat would never let me hear the end of it if I did kill someone.....even if she was dead. Activate the backscatter x-ray, I want to know what we're walking into. Without a word from Gestalt, the filter for the x-ray activated and.....well, things looked a bit weird. I could see through walls now, the structure reduced to outlines that were a bit foggy but transparent. There was no one on the second floor and that was as far as I could see. How far is the range on this?

Sadly, only twenty feet. You will need to get closer.

Well, was planning on that anyway, so I made my way out the office and down the hall, looking for the stairs. Finding them, I started to make my way down, disabling the filter and activating the cloak as I heard shouts and terrified whimpers.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 09:01 pm

I watch the hose poke out behind me. "It's good." I say over the little radio, and pick up the second person carefully. They were breathing, but I don't know for how long. The third was dead, easily dead. Flames were creeping up on their face, and they weren't moving or breathing at all. With a slight note of sadness for seeing death, I start towards the door. Some more embers were floating by, giving me little motes of light to distract and obscure. I did my best to avoid some of the flaming pieces of...stuff, but naturally had to kick some of it out of the way, just due to the nature of an enclosed flaming area. Several minutes later, I came back through the broken glass door, kneeling down and setting the two people down on the grass, giving them a look over for any burning bits of clothing. "How you doing up there Z?"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 10:44 pm

doing good on my way down now [u]

=heads to the edge of room and makes his way back down before regrouping with urthus=

[u] hopefully that will help dissipitate it enough,how are the people?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 10:54 pm

"Hard breathing, slow and sluggish movements. Hurt but I suppose alive." I say, not caring that anyone can hear me. "Hard to tell with humans."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 11:11 pm

think emergency services are on the way we should probably get going

=starts turning to walk away=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 11:26 pm

"What the fuck?" I heard from below, one of the robbers no doubt. "Everyone shut up or I will put a bullet in your head!" a different voice yelled, and the whimpering and screams from the hostages diminished. Getting down low, I started down the stairs, keeping hidden behind the hand-railing that thankfully had that little wall design to it. Still, it wasn't enough to keep me hidden when I reached the bottom, since the bottom was still open and exposed to all. Activating the x-ray filter one last time, I did a tally for the robbers before I let myself be exposed: there were five of them now, two by the door to the bank keeping watch, another two watching over the hostages seated and lined against the back wall, and one in the center who I guessed was the leader.

Not sure if what I was going to do next was brave or foolish, but I stood up tall and showed myself to everyone in the room, saying in a loud voice "Mind if I crash this party?" Everyone stared, heck even the hostages. It was an effect I'd have to get used to, and exploit pretty soon, as I leaped forward with my speed towards the gunmen guarding the hostages. The one in my path flinched in surprise, but already starting to lift their gun to bear on me. Landing on my feet before them, I swept my right arm in sideways arc, fist already formed into the block again as I landed my hammer blow on the man's side. Ribs broke, he screamed and flew to the side toppling over a desk.

His friend managed to fire his gun at me, but like before the bullets deflected off me. That was until the leader guy fired his own gun and I was being peppered by bullets from two directions, and that actually started to hurt a lot more than expected.

Working to counter, but multiple points of attack is proving problematic, Gestalt said.

Damn, so that meant I'd have to be mobile.....which was actually a strength for me. This time I charged the leader since they weren't standing in front of the hostages, so even if his buddy kept firing on me no civilians would get caught in the crossfire. But they had a brain apparently, the fire stopping as I got between them and their boss, but that didn't matter as I jumped up and brought my fist down into his face, sending him down to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/05/14, 11:47 pm

"Alright. Just hope I got the parents and not the fire bomber." I say, getting up and turning, quickly running and ripping a portal open to dive through. The exit was much higher up in the air, and I put the portals as close as possible in the Void so my momentum would carry through. Using a chaining technique I figured out fairly early in my new life here, I was able to catapult myself away, launching on a series of jumps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next