Please log in or create an account.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 09:12 am

That voice was up wasn't it? I'm going to kill you. Marcus slowly turned around, rising his hands to face the person. looking up he saw that it was only a pistol and he gained little confidence. "You know, you should really have a door or something to keep homeless people out then." he said letting his amour start to build under his cloths, his hoodie still covered his mask.

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 09:50 am

" homless people shouldn't wander into strange places turn around and walk back the way you came"zeru said being wary of this individual.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:04 am

I'm surprised the demonic voice hasn't gotten him a little freaked out. well should we go. "Sorry but why are you building a place in here, I mean honestly theirs some equipment I haven't seen yet and trust me when it comes to technology now a days I'm terrible. Do you know what today is?" Marcus said letting his right hand on the back f his head. Stop being so casual. 

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:25 am

"that's none of your business and as for the day not sure try asking someone on the street's"zeru said getting annoyed with the trespasser.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:28 am

"Yea well not alot of people now around here plus it took me like over an hour to get here, I just wanted a place to train and sleep but ended up at the batcave." Marcus said with a little laugh at the end. I swear i'll make him shoot to get you moving. How you going to do that. Simple. "Hey human I'm going to eat your heart  and steal your soul." "Um Ignore that voice."

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:31 am

Zeru heard the voice and kept his pistol aimed at the new guy."give me one good reason not to put a bullet in you chest" he responded to the comment made to him.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:32 am

Urthus stumbled in from a tunnel far away, his radiation suit giving off the subtle red lights like it always did. "Who are you talking to, Z?" He asks, hopping up on the platform and walking forward. "Homeless human, I take it?"

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

Don't walk behind me I may not lead
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:35 am

"Um ignore that threat and Rev Is that you man, your voice is a little different to our last meeting" Marcus said to the newcomer in the suit, it looked different but then again he didn't know what rev could do.

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:38 am

zeru kept his head facing at his target while he lowered his voice so only urthus could hear."he doesn't sound human to me"he said before raising his voice again to the individual below."that isn't a reason"he said before taking off the safety and making it clear it was ready to fire.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:40 am

"Rev? Who's Rev?" Urthus asks the human, walking over curiously, his inquisitive nature kicking in. "Interesting. Human not afraid of suit appearance. Hides fear well, lack of fear, or is more fearful of something else. Looks homeless, ragged clothing, dirty face. Looking for home most likely." He muttered to himself, tilting his head back and forth as he looked the man up and down.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:44 am

"Mate please don't wast your ammo, it won't work and.... wait are, you have not very human features" Marcus said looking more closely at the man pointing a gun at him, hoping that his hoodie didn't revel his mask too much. turning to the robot or man in suit. "Well an't you the robotic sounding, your not Revanent, and he is a vigilante or superhero."

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:52 am

"last i checked in a mirror i had human features and what does this so called vigilante have to do with this situation and i'd answer fast"zeru said.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 10:58 am

"Nothing just your eyes look, catish which is cool and Your robotic friend here just reminded me of him." Marcus barked out. "Wow we meet some interesting people again and they want to kill us bravo human, bravo."  "Shut up dark, you threatened to eat his heart." "Only because I thought it would make him shoot."

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:03 am

"i don't see what my eyes have to do with and please enlighten me as to why my ammo won't work"zeru said sarchasticly.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:06 am

"arr well its a surprise, You would have to shoot to find out." Marcus said with a laugh at the end.

The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:06 am

"Secondary voice. Possible mental disorder. Insane. Unhealthy. Homeless, insane, not afraid. Interesting subject...what am I doing, I have work to do. You, human, what's your name. Or names, I should say."

Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:08 am

"Names, Its shadow Robo man,"

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:11 am

"he said name not nickname dumbass so spill it or your going to be on the ground full of holes"zeru said rasing his voice to show he was annoyed.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:15 am

"Well, when your over 30 yet 21 you choose a name so when your fighting people they know something to hate or fear, Shoot me once in the chest and I'll show you whats been happening that you have been missing." Marcus said pointing right at his heart.

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:22 am

"so your just some murderer and do you really think i'm dumb enough to shoot you when it sounds like you got something up your sleeve?he replied.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:31 am

"To be honest, I'm making a big mistake from not murdering for Death because he is going to try and kill me for breaking the contract, I won't harm you or your friend and your bullet will just bonce right off me." he said pulling his hoodie back to reveal his mask, bits of his amour could be seen from the neck area that was revealed but he didn't care.

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:46 am

"I wouldn't be so sure of that so what is your real name"

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   13/09/14, 11:50 am

"Didn't you ever read the comic spiderman, he was hell bent on making sure no one knew his identity If we become friends then maybe you can know my name but for now just call me shadow." Marcus said getting irritated that this guy didn't get the fact that he was just shadow.

The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   14/09/14, 08:22 pm

I pulled my head away from her throat, tearing part of it out. I swallowed, feeling the blood drip from my chin onto my own neck. I could taste the adrenaline in her blood. She was terrified. She swung her axe-arm at my neck in panic. I didn't bother to move, it simply hit my neck and stopped as if it were blunt. I tilted my head, looking at her eyes as they widened in fear. My reflection was terrifying; my face and clothes covered in blood, and my own eyes looked like they were glowing. I ran my tongue across my teeth, taking away some of the gore covering them, and lunged back to her throat.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   14/09/14, 10:33 pm

Both James and his unseen audience stood frozen as the girl ripped into the attacker with gusto, teeth tearing out chunks of flesh and skin running with trickles of blood. His revulsion rose up like a geyser and he tore himself away from the gaze, too busy heaving to even try and get her to stop. The nanites did what they could to calm his stomach and himself, but at best they could only keep him from vomiting inside his own mask.

As for Sparrow, she herself tore her gaze away and simply ran, trying to get to the exit before her body forced her to puke. Who the hell was that girl......or better yet, what was she?

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fall."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Deal with the root of the problem, never the branches." - Alex CasaMadrid

"Good men mean well. We just don't always end up doing well." - Isaac Clarke
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
zeru
The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   14/09/14, 10:43 pm

"now that we got that out of the way care to explain what you are because you don't seem fully human"

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   14/09/14, 11:10 pm

"Well sure I was going to get bored just training so why not. I died maybe September 2015 from a gunshot wound, But I never left to death I walked the other way, so he offered me a deal, He sends be back to the living at the cost of getting souls for him. To help he gives me a entity one of his most trusted servants the darkness, now I got dark free and I'm trying to do good, Happy?" Marcus said sitting down on some crates and pulling is hoodie over his face again.

The Wizards

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   14/09/14, 11:14 pm

"so your nothing more then some lowlife for death?

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   14/09/14, 11:33 pm

She hadn't died yet, I noticed as I pulled away from her again, more blood and flesh clinging to my teeth and face. She wasn't bleeding as much as most other people did, either. I looked at her neck, at the vein there that was still intact. I'd been taught that was a killing blow, tearing out the jugular, but by normal standards she should already be dead. I mentally shrugged the thought off, feeling half-dazed, and went for the jugular. When I tore it, it was like a dam bursting. All of the wounds I'd made on her started to bleed at once, it was odd. I watched her as she died in front of me. Something I'd seen a hundred times. She didn't seem afraid anymore. She looked like she'd gone into shock.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   14/09/14, 11:39 pm

There was the sound of a body slumping to the floor, and James looked up to see the aggressor, dead and bleeding while Kristen, the girl he knew had been genetically engineered and now realized just how much, standing over her. Fighting off another wave of nausea, he said quietly "Jesus......Kristen, what did you do?"

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fall."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 12:06 am

"I removed the threat," I said, turning around to face James, blood dripping from my face, "Isn't that why we came here?"

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 12:09 am

"No, Jesus Christ no not to kill anyone!" James shouted. "They were bad, sick twisted people that killed and mutilated, yeah, but I was going to beat them up and leave them for the cops to arrest. I am not a killer Kristen." Taking a hesitant step towards her, which in a way showed his trust towards her that she wouldn't attack, he said "And you don't have to be one either."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 12:11 am

"She was going to kill us," I said, confused, "Why would you let her live? Alive, she's still a threat."

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 12:14 am

"Yeah, maybe," James agreed. "But you can still remove the threat without killing. Imprison them so they can't ever escape." Shaking his head and thankful the nanites blocked the smell of blood, James looked the girl in the eyes and said "You don't always have to bring yourself to their level, if ever, Kristen. It's what makes us heroes........or at least, it's how I want to be a hero. That's something you decide for yourself."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 12:19 am

"You can escape prisons. Walls break, guards die. Death is permanant." I said, looking at the body behind me. "Why would you take the risk?"

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 12:22 am

Looking to the body on the floor, blood pooling around it and then back to Kristen with the same blood dripping down her chin, James was quiet for a moment. Then, he quietly said "Because having seen it just now, I'm scared of what I'd turn into Kristen. Of who I'd become."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 12:25 am

"This way is better." I assured him. Of course it was better. The threat was gone and couldn't come back. "You said we were friends," I said after a brief pause, "Are you scared of me?"

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 12:29 am

It was question that made James ponder the answer for nearly a minute of silence. He wasn't sure how to respond, but leaving her in silence would be far worse than the wrong answer. "Kristen I.....I'm not scared of you. For you, maybe, but you don't scare me."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 01:02 am

"Why would you be scared for me?" I asked, the confusion in my voice obvious, "There are no threats to me left."

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 01:07 am

"Not outside threats," James said, then he frowned beneath his mask. "Kristen it's....hard to explain, and this sure as hell isn't the time or place for it." He had a point. Good grief, there was one fresh corpse on the ground and ten others lined up behind them. It was definitely not the place to have a heartfelt conversation.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 01:10 am

"What do you mean 'Not outside threats'?" I asked, frowning as I tried to understand.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 01:13 am

"Dammit Kristen.....look let's just sweep the place for anyone else, leave, and then I promise you I will tell you exactly what I mean," James said.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 01:14 am

"Okay," I said, "I won't be able to smell anything. There's too much blood."

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 01:21 am

"It's fine, I'll be able to check better anyway," James said as he began walking. That was when he heard it then, a muffled cry. Following it, he found a door which he promptly kicked in, the locks and hinges breaking behind his added strength. There was a woman in there, same age group as the victims, but unlike them she was still alive. Hands and ankles bound together and sat in a corner of the small room, she whimpered when the door caved in and James stood there, still covered in nanites. "Holy....it's okay, I'm here to help," James said quickly as he entered inside. She cried a little, especially at the faceless mask that spoke the words, but in her position she could hardly do much to stop him as he formed the index finger of right hand into a blade, the act making her eyes go wide and jerk back in panic. "Sorry!" he blurted out, retracting it. "Sorry, I should have thought.....let me untie you."

There was a groan from the man Sparrow had knocked out, not as he came to but simple reaction to the headache he had.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 01:23 am

I jumped at the groan, the fact that I didn't notice him earlier shocking me. I couldn't tell if he was a threat, so I didn't move, only bent my knees slightly, preparing for if he was dangerous.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 01:33 am

Untying her was easy enough, but it still hurt a little when she pressed herself back against the wall in fear. "I promise I'm not here to hurt you," James said. He stayed crouched, not hearing the groan, and extended his hand for her to take. "Please, trust me. I will get you out of here and back home." She was hesitant at first.....but then reached out and took his hand, and he lifted her to her feet as he stood. Walking back to the door, he heard another groan and looked over to see who it was. "Wait here....and don't look," he said to the woman. Walking to where the noise came from, he found the guy, still knocked out. Gestalt found out who they were.

According to city records, the man is Michael Finley. Arrested last year for assault, psychiatric record shows mental instability and obsession with creating the ultimate art, as he puts it.

Wonder what that could have been, James thought sarcastically. See if you can slip into the police dispatch, send them this way if possible.

Will do.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 06:28 am

"Well he sent me a threat last month saying that my time for training is over and that he wants souls, I killed 16 people. None of them were innocent, they deserved death but now I'm free and I have his strongest ally with me, I going to kill him and take his soul when the time comes, until then I need to get stronger." "Sorry human for threatening you, I just thought that you would shoot so that this human would leave." 

The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 09:33 am

"Fascinating. Zeru, I wonder if this means there are other augmented humans like you in the world. Wait, what was your name again? Or, names, if there are truly two entities living within your body." Urthus said, slowly walking around the human

Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 09:42 am

"Names shadow and this is." "Call me darkness or dark for short." "Yea, well wherever you guys have been, theirs been an outbreak of supers, To be honest I don't think any appeared 6 years ago so I might be the first."

The Oldest Crones Alive

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   15/09/14, 10:15 am

Urthus laughed. "No you're not. Zeru here was born his way as far as I know. But then again, maybe you are the first. I'm not human, so I'm fairly certain I've outlived all of you so far."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next