Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World

Go down 
+7
Xion's Memory
Teria
shadowoof
Razgriz
N
Apothecary
zeru
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime21/10/14, 11:00 pm

~Tecchie~

The food in the fridge is dwindling. All the lights are off, and I haven't left the apartment in two days. All of my blueprints and parts are gone. This guy said he's be here at noon two days ago, but he hasn't shown up yet. They're after me, and the makeshift GPS jammers won't work for too much longer.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime22/10/14, 04:40 pm

While everyone had run away, it left Kyou alone on the street. She had called the cops but instead waiting for them to come by and take a name (something which risked revealing herself to the authorities) all she could manage, was dropping a tip to them about a kidnapping. After that, she had to run to her apartment, debating whether or not to help. It was a futile debate though, since the trail of that van would be cold now.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime24/10/14, 12:43 am

Marcus figured out that they would proberly need gas as weight only affected the amount of gas unless it was battery but that was impossible or at least Marcus didn't know. Why are we helping this human girl Marcus?

"We are doing this because I want to." Marcus snaped irritably and continued to run.

Wait... wait, I see now. Thats why you want to help.

"You figured it out now lets just hope they are following traffic law right now."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime24/10/14, 07:59 pm

"Sir," the driver said to Sanders. "We've got a tail," he pointed out, seeing the running guy in the mirror. They were fast to be able to keep up. "Damn.....wait, it's no trouble: there's a Hercules gunship on patrol, there see?" Sanders said, pointing to the vtol craft moving over the buildings. "Just need to place a call, like any concerned citizen..."

Less than a minute later, Hercules received a call from the police. An individual falling under their jurisdiction had been spotted.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime25/10/14, 05:01 am

"Thats the van. You sure?" Marcus said as he eyed the van, his mask was out and shined more white than before.

Yea thats where the smell comes from.

"Alright then." Marcus said as he continued to follow but he could hear the noise of a very annoying vihicle.

"The Darkness, put your hands up and stop chasing the vihicle or we will fire." sounded a microphoned voice that sounded a little too confindent.

"Dark chances of blowing this one like the last one?" No, not with how we have been running. "Great, I have an Idea." What no, you know that those wings will only take you so far. Marcus ignored him and took a turn into a dark alley asorbing all the power he could before before forming the wings on his back and boosting into the air. Turning to the Vtol he moved above it before dropping on its back and pulling all the darkness he needed, he threw it int the blades before hardening it making a block of darkness around both blades and covering all the vents that let out air or anything else that helped it to fly. Jumping off, he forming his wings to soften his landing. He turned to see the vtol crash into the street, people were running and some close people would have gotten a fright or hurt but he didn't have time to look for injured.

I'm sorry human I lost it. "God damn it, alright lets hope Rev or his friends if he has any give us a call." With that he looked at a camra before running though another alley way to escape futher forces.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime25/10/14, 06:56 pm

James was all set to have Gestalt or Amy simply hack the VTOL and disable everything except the engines, to keep it stuck in the air and do nothing. But then the arrival of Shadow and how he dealt with it, shattered that idea. And what's more, it made James divert his attention to the people put in harms way, diving off the side o the building he was running on and using a able to anchor himself to the edge, moving like a pendulum in swing as he had to grab someone and get them out of the way of the falling gunship, putting them on the sidewalk further down.

But that was one person, compared to one fatality, crushed by the nose of the gunship as it landed on the sidewalk, and two injuries from cars that were crushed beneath the gunship as they drove. Mother of god, James thought. Gestalt do we still have a read on the van?

No, we lost it. Moved to a grid without cameras and now.....well it would appear there are two vans of the same make and color moving from that area, I can't tell which is which.

That was the last straw. In a fury, James shot off after Shadow, running at near full speed before he saw the familiar individual, and shot a cable at him. The end of it hooked itself onto Shadow's body, while James shot another cable to attach to the edge of a building roof. The cable attached to the roof was soon coiled back in, the nanites absorbing themselves at a rapid pace and making both James and his catch Shadow shoot up like fish on the line.

As he crossed over the edge, James swung his other arm that was attached to Shadow, and in an arc that sent the no doubt surprised man into an arc, brought him crashing down onto an AC unit. James wasn't worried though, about killing him. The guy had already displayed an ability to recover from being impaled, this shouldn't be any worse. Besides, he was too angry to care. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?" James screamed at the man.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/14, 12:31 am

Zeru eventually remember what he went out for so he decided to find a supermarket or grocery store to pick up the ingredients"hopefully they don't cost oto much"he said as he started off"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/14, 01:19 am

Marcus was going to rethink his plan, going to continue sniffing out the van but as luck would have it, he felt the grip of a very familiar cable. [You don't think. I'm sorry human it's him.

And with that he felt himself getting taken from the ground and slammed into a object. Luckily Dark had activated his amour to protect the area that got hit. Getting up he cracked his neck and simply said. "Quite possibly."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/14, 01:21 am

"Your little stunt just killed someone and injured two more people," James snapped. "Not to mention I just lost the trail of a van carrying a kidnap victim. Why were you even out there chasing it in the open where they could see you?"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/14, 01:27 am

"Well me good sir, that's why I am A vigilante people get hurt when something get's in my way and I was chasing down that van in the open because I decided too, I may not be the brightest page in the book but I sure has hell could have found her scent if you didn't smash me into whatever you did. I think you ripped my shirt." Marcus said back to him as he felt around his back to only feel skin and his tattoo.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/14, 01:33 am

"YOUR FUCKING SHIRT?" James roared, and lashed out with a nano-whip tipped with a block of the nanites, condensed into a solid hammerhead that slammed into Shadow's chest, forcing him back into the unit. "You think this is some kind of game? Here's a reality check: we screw up, people can die. We don't use our heads, and people can die! You go knocking fucking gunships out of the sky....!" James ranted, waiting for a response as if this was a lesson and he wanted to see if Shadow was learning. It was a surprise for himself really, but then.....when it came to his friends, the very real fear he could lose someone he cared about, the gloves came off.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/14, 01:54 am

"well my life has been one fuck up after another, dying, waking up in a strange city, fighting a demon that could have taken control senice I was 15 so that it wouldn't kill everything in site." Marcus said as his rib's cracked back into their original places after that attack. "I know what you mean but I an't a hero like you, I'm just a man whose lost everything and been left with a power that could destroy if left unchecked."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/14, 04:56 am

"Cry me a river Bruce Banner," James snapped. He was wasting time though, and walked back to the edge of the roof. "If I'm lucky, I'll be able to find those guys again and rescue the hostage. Now, doubt you'll listen so no point in telling you to butt out, so here's some advice: if you want to help, use your head, play it smart, and don't be overt unless it's safe for it."
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/14, 06:09 am

"Hahaha, arr funny you call me this citys version of the hulk and why do you keep calling her the hostage mate it's ovious you know her because if you didn't notice you and her smell falmilier, you should hide your scent mate." He was about to hop down when he thought of something. "Hey, I know we have a bad partership but.. when you find her and if you need help, give me a call. If I find something I will stand infront of a camra until you find me and.... I'm sorry." as he said that he dropped down and made his wings to drop to the ground swiftly and he ran.

Bella had seen the events happen before her, the man flying and taking down the Vtol with not much effot to the Revanent whipping him onto a roof. She decided to run to the cars that were half crushed by the fallen Vtol and help the people out. She didn't want to get inbetween what they were doing and as soon as the civilians were out she ran for it. Jesus this place is full of cool people.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 03:12 am

zeru found a nice little store and walked in and started browsing before pulling out his cell and dialing shadow to see if he had anything he needed.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 05:48 am

"Marcus was trying to figure out where the van had gone before he felt a vibration followed by "Tucker Did it." He loved that ring tone. Picking it up he pressed the green phone and held the phone to his ear. "Ello, this is shadow speaking."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 06:15 am

"hey dude i'm at the store and i was wondering if you had any ideas for that feast for later today"zeru said as he entered the the snack aisle.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 06:59 am

"Arr I wouldn't mind some fried Rice if you could get the ingredients." Marcus said back as he looked around the street. "To be honest mate I might not be back in a while."

Bella was part shocked and part excited. She saw two meta humans in one day as she liked to call herself. As of now she was doing what she needed to do, get some food and cloths and she was already at a little store that had some aisle's. "Food, cloths have money." She said to her self as she entered the store.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 08:23 am

"come on bro it's gonna be a party won't be fun if no one joins in"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 08:46 am

"Yea well, you know how I spoke about that Vigilanite Rev, well his friend is being kidnapped, friend, sister one of the above and I'm gonna try and help him." Marcus said while feeling his bare skin were cloth use to be on his back.

Bella look though some aisles before coming to the food aisle. There were two people, A man on a phone and a woman with a baby. Something smelt off about the man but as of now she was just too hungry to care and looked for the cheapest food she could find.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 08:53 am

zeru sighed after he heard that"dude you really need to be careful getting dragged into those people's issues"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:02 am

"Mate if you didn't notice I am one of those people." Marcus said with a grin on his face. "Look I will call you back when I'm done, take care." With that Marcus hanged up the phone and continued to try and track down any left overs of a scent or a call from Rev or one of his friends if he had any.

Bella was looking though the different types of food's before she found her favourite food, only to realise she didn't have enough money for this and others. "Shoot." She said to herself as she looked around, the lady was gone and the man was still on his phone. She took this as a chance to think her plan out. To run with all the food she could carry or to sneak it out.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:07 am

zeru tucked away his phone and decided to get get the rice and get everything finished
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:16 am

Bella had it thought out, she was going to move quietly to the check out and place what she could buy on the counter while she kept a kilo of grapes under her shirt as it was still a little baggy from size issues. The man had gotten some of his food so she decided to just walk past him, she was a little nervous as this would be her first time stealing but hey, she didn't have any parents to scold her if she was caught.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:26 am

zeru noticed a girl walk past him with what looked like something hidden under her shirt so he began to turn around to confront her on the issue.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:37 am

Her ears picked up on the man turning so she stopped and tried to act innocent. "Something wrong Mister." She asked, the grapes were fitting into her shirt quite well to make it looks like a big shirt or a fat stomach.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:44 am

"why do i smell grapes yet there the aisle they're in isn't near this one?"zeru asked bluntly.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:49 am

"Maybe you can smell them from here which means, you have a really good nose." Bella knew she was losing this one so she was getting ready to run.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:52 am

"that would be the case if there wasn't alot of other foods inbtween that would make it hard"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 09:55 am

"Yeaaaa, look I gotta go and pay for these." She said holding up her basket with the food she could pay for and needed, mostly cans and a bar of chocolate. She then turned and began to walk normally before she felt a tug at the side of her head. Please don't act up now.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 10:11 am

"i gotta pay for mine as well then"zeru said heading to checkout also
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 10:22 am

"Well I have too to." Bella said to him while racing ahead to get to the check. Not only was she stealing but the cougar was starting to toy with her, If she wasn't careful she would be having cat ears soon.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 10:24 am

zeru wondered why she was in such a rush but decided to just finish paying for his items.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 10:31 am

She was in the middle of paying when she squeaked. Her ears had disappeared and were slowly being replaced with cat like ears on her head. The Animal's were not always controllable and sometimes they played with her by giving her features. The human eye wouldn't see the cat ears straight away but anything focusing would notice.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 10:44 am

zeru had just finished paying when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye and saw what looked like cat ears coming from the womans headwhat the hell he wondered in his head.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 11:16 am

"Would you like a receipt." the man asked after Taking the correct amount of money.

"No I'm good." she said as she took the bags and jogged out to the front door before leaning against the wall outside not far from the entice. her eyes were narrowing into cut like eyes. "Stop it now you stupid beast." she said to no one and thank god no one was close enough to hear her say that, or at least she thought no one was close.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 11:20 am

zeru had wondered what was going on when he heard the comment"and who may i ask is a stupid beast?zeru asked exiting the the store.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 11:25 am

Bella almost freaked out when she heard the man's voice. She immediately turned away from him and cover her eyes. "Just a dog, thats all." She said as she began to walk away but her legs were in pain now. You want to transform huh, well screw you. she thought to herself which basically went right to the animal instinct that wanted out.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 12:09 pm

"but there are no dogs around here"zeru replied
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 12:16 pm

"Oh you missed it." she said with a grin, even if he couldn't see it. Her new ears were poking out now. "Now mister, Hope you are not squeamish because I am one site." she turned around, showing off 6 whiskers on her cheeks, an ear that had the teal colour of her hair and cat like eyes and canines. She just hoped it would scare the man away as she didn't have the time to explain anything.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 12:25 pm

zeru was pretty surprised but maintained his composure"how is that supposed to make me squeamish"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 12:44 pm

"Well most people would probably freak out by the site of a teen girl looking like a cat" She said with a shrug. "Name's Bella by the way and I'm a Meta human that can shapeshift into a cougar." She said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 01:01 pm

"interesting to know and the names zeru"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 01:15 pm

"Your taking this too goodly Zeru." As bella said this the cat gave up on her and her face started to retract the whiskers and her eyes returned to normal but her ears stayed where they are.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 01:19 pm

"this woulan't be the first time i've met a super and given what going on in this town doubt will be the last"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 01:23 pm

"Wow, you met one too, I actually worked with one called Revenant but I can't call it working together more like just trying to take down the same thing." She said with a Grin before lowering her grin to a flat face. "I may have stolen some Grapes from the store but I didn't have enough money and they are my favourite food plus I'm homeless so you can't blame me, ok?" She said in a quick speech.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 01:46 pm

"technically i can but i doubt i could do anything about it"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 01:51 pm

"Well I guess I'm free. So I guess we part ways now" She said to him with a slight grin on her face.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/14, 01:54 pm

"sounds about right"zeru said as he walked off to the long treck back home.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime28/10/14, 06:53 am

After she had been tasered, all Chris had been aware of was a void. An empty blackness that was without dreams, no sound or sight, no taste. Now however, as she slowly came to, she was aware of the physical sensations. Her arms hurt at the shoulders, bent back and wrists behind her, cold steel around each wrist in what was no doubt handcuffs. They didn't quite touch her back, a barrier of wood between the shirt on her back and the skin of her arms, and that her legs were bent and her ass numb, ed her to the conclusion she was sat on a chair. She assumed, because she could not see, a cloth around her eyes and another around her mouth to silence her. The memory of her kidnapping jarred the rest of her into being fully awake, and she struggled against her bonds. "So you're awake, finally," said a voice she didn't recognize. Male, older than her. She craned her head to hone in on it, but it had a strange echo to it. They were in an empty place, and large judging by the quality of the echo. There was a musty, damp smell to the place, like mold or rotting wood. "Sadly, we won't be able to have a conversation while we wait," the voice said again. "But at least I can present proof to your dad that his daughter is alive."

A hand grabbed her blindfold, yanking it off and exposing her eyes.....to blinding light. They set a lamp up, the white bulb burning brightly and keeping her from seeing the face of her captor. "Smile," the voice said, and there was the sound of a camera shutter clicking. "Not bad, and no makeup on you too. It'll have to do for a proof of life photo," they said as though distracted.

Michael had been stuck in his office, worried to the point he may puke. In the Marines, in Force Recon, they had trained him for all sorts of scenarios. Moving through hostile terrain with enemies everywhere, patching up wounded in a firefight, and even the possibility of staring down death......and none of it seemed to prepare him for a man kidnapping his flesh and blood. When his phone rang and he saw Chris' number, he immediately picked it up. "I'm here," he said quickly. "Good," came the man's reply. "Since you've been good, here's a reward." A few second later, Michael received a picture of Chris, alive and awake. She didn't look scared. Dazed maybe, but not scared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next