Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idea Board Rule

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime11/02/15, 10:47 pm

So this is a new rule that was asked for specifically for this board, which in a way is overdue as it has happened far too often.

If you are both a new user and have yet to contribute to existing rp's (i.e. make a character and join a running story) then you cannot post an idea here for making a new rp.

The basic premise is as follows:

To suggest an idea you must first have been a member for no less than two months. In addition, you must have joined an existing rp on this site and posted in it to allow other members, including the senior members, to see how well you as a writer perform. After this requirement is met, feel free to post any ideas you have in the Ideas Board.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime12/02/15, 06:23 am

This isn't an entirely fair rule. Some users who are inexperienced with this site may benefit from posting ideas here and having the idea dissected by other members. There is also the chance that going with the new users idea as something small, 2-3 people, will help improve the new users writing skill, as other users will be able to analyze, to some extent, the ability they have. 

All in all, this is a shortsighted rule. 

It would be, perhaps, more beneficial to ask that a new user PM an idea to an Admin for purposes of dialogue and improvement.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime12/02/15, 08:52 am

I don't think it's shortsighted at all.

If you aren't contributing to the site at all yet, or have proven that you can actually write well, why should you be trusted to come up with RP's?

For this part:
Quote :
Some users who are inexperienced with this site may benefit from posting ideas here and having the idea dissected by other members. There is also the chance that going with the new users idea as something small, 2-3 people, will help improve the new users writing skill, as other users will be able to analyze, to some extent, the ability they have.

That can easily be done in the chatbox, in PM's to admins OR by just actually posting in current existing RP's.

This rule is completely fair IMO. You shouldn't get to make an addition to the site without first being an active and contributing member, proven to write well. (Because my fucking god, there's no way I'd let Zeru make an RP)
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime12/02/15, 08:53 am

I also think that locking that topic just because of your opinion is unfair. This is an ideas board where things are meant to be discussed by the users. So don't lock it unless requested by a majority.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime13/02/15, 02:00 am

Skippy wrote:
I also think that locking that topic just because of your opinion is unfair. This is an ideas board where things are meant to be discussed by the users. So don't lock it unless requested by a majority.
 First of all, Razgriz posted this and locked it after posting in it. I then commented on it because I can, and then he unlocked it. So your accusation is unfair and unwarranted.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime13/02/15, 03:47 am

I don't remember locking this topic Nick. Though in the event that I did, then I apologize for that leading to you getting blamed for it.

Also, commenting on it because you can (your words not mine) kinda sounds like a......well, stupid reason. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the extra idea or suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime13/02/15, 05:13 am

Oh, when I posted in it, it said it was locked. So idk. 
I didn't know it was locked when I posted in it. I discovered that after-the-fact.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime13/02/15, 08:50 am

I assumed you'd locked it because I didn't realise it was locked after I read it the first time, then it seemed to be after you posted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idea Board Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea Board Rule   Idea Board Rule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea Board Rule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Ideas Board-
Jump to: