Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw

Go down 
+4
N
The White Wolf
Teria
Razgriz
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime02/09/15, 10:49 pm

"Next assignment, Sir?" Jay snapped off smartly, seemly unfazed by the long list of dead.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime02/09/15, 11:23 pm

"In seven hours, you are being deployed to the Outer Colony world 'Sedra', where members of the URF have overthrown the Colonial government, and are currently preparing to use our own munitions against us." He paused, "The five of you will be deployed into Sedra city, and will act as a guerilla force until an invasion is launched."
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime02/09/15, 11:36 pm

"Y-yes sir." Eva says in a depressed tone. Despite her tone, she goes into a crisp salute. She looks visibly tired beyond repair and hadn't slept a wink on the travel. She did try to sleep, but the terrors kept returning and now she was being redeployed to face even more horrors. She cannot exactly say no to orders, so she goes on with it.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime03/09/15, 05:18 am

Nikki moved as if on an automatic pilot. His body knew where to go, what to do, but his mind was elsewhere. Every step of the way on Grasping Maw. He couldn't fully process it, and that may have been a good thing. He witnessed a lot of people he trained with - grew up with die. They were going to be deployed again in 7 hours. Plenty of time for sleep.

Not that sleep would come easy. When he closed his eyes he saw their faces. Before they went out on that mission. Then during. Then after. They called out, not to him, but to someone, for help, to save them. He was there but not there. He could not move throughout this dream. The dream moved around him. The earth moved, he took no steps. People came and people went. smiling faces, sad faces, dead faces. torn up faces. ruined faces. Then came the aliens. The long necks, the short legs. the gas masks. The giant Hunter pair. The orange worm things that wriggled about inside them. Then thoughts turned to Skippy. The scene appeared again, the hunter's back was turned and Nikki had a clear shot at its back, he walked out of cover and emptied his gun into the exposed orange flesh. The hunter died and fell onto Skippy. Skippy seemed to look into his eyes, was it his fault? Did he kill Skippy?
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime03/09/15, 06:34 am

Izzie spent much of her time in the ship so far keeping the medical staff busy. Her injuries were quite simple to heal, even her hand once the cybernetics took hold. Medically she was fine, the spartan however did seem to be unnaturally quiet and her voice box appeared to be healthy. This led the medical team to the conclusion that the traumatic images of her squad mates and fellow spartans being killed and injured resulted in her being either unable, or rather unwilling to speak.
At least the spartans should be safe from her poor jokes now.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime05/09/15, 04:29 pm

"You have seven hours," Swain repeated, "Dismissed."
My hand automatically snapped to my forehead, and even though I looked fine outwardly, I was in pain, worse than any wound I'd taken in the field. I had been in charge of Karma squad for that mission, and half of us were dead. We hadn't lost anyone with Skippy leading.
We had a mission and we finished it. Everyone gave their lives for it. Then, why was I sad? I knew the possibility of dying was high, it was childish to think that everyone would get out alive.
The others must hate me. I thought, snatching glances at the survivors. There was Nikki, Eva, Izzie and Jay. I'd killed our family, there was no way to avoid that fact. Nikki, Eva and Izzie were all I had left. I didn't know Jay very well, she'd been in a different squad, but now she was family too. I owed it to everyone I'd killed to keep the survivors safe.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/09/15, 05:07 pm

Eva's hand stays at her forehead until Swain gives the dismissed order. Her hand drops to her side and she looks at the line of Spartans beside her. She contemplates heading back to her room, but what's the point? Just to shut herself away with her nightmares again? A tinge of restlessness comes over her. The need to move around is greater than the need to sleep. She decides quickly to walk up to Rosie. "H-hey, R-Rosie. How is y-your arm?" She stammers.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/09/15, 05:33 pm

"It wasn't serious." I answered flatly. "It was just a few burns."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/09/15, 05:38 pm

Jay looked across to the other Spartans in the line. She knew their faces, but they were still strangers to her. They had begun to talk to each other. She didn't want to join in. She was out of place here and alone.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/09/15, 07:00 pm

Izzie remained silent, listening to the idle chatter of her fellow Spartans. In her mind she repeated the names of all those who had fallen during their operation. So many lives lost or believed to be lost. She kept to herself, reluctant to engage in conversation with the others. Not that she could anyway, even if she wished to.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime08/09/15, 03:11 pm

With the short debriefing over, I immediately left after Colonel Swain. As I was currently acting squad leader, it was my duty to keep my squad safe, and for that, we needed better protection against Covenant weapons.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime08/09/15, 11:08 pm

Despite Eva's struggles with her restlessness and the night terrors, she retires back to her quarters and tries desperately to find some kind of sleep. Her eyes close slowly and the next thing she knows she is in a different location entirely. Much like the time she had been abducted and she had awoken aboard one of the ships in the UNSC's fleet, the same feeling of loneliness and dread cover her. She sits up and looks around, taking in her surroundings and notices many people walking quickly to their destinations within a metropolis like city. "C-Casbah?" She stammers She barely recognizes this place, granted the last time she even saw her home was when she was six, but as she looks around, she can see certain landmarks that brings fogged memories to her.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime08/09/15, 11:48 pm

Colonel Swain had, surprisingly, listened to me quietly as I made my request. He almost looked amused as he told me that he'd "Take it into consideration."

I avoided the others for the rest of the time on planet, moving to the back of the facility. There was a blind spot in the armoury roof cameras that I'd found when I first came here. I came here when I'd wanted to be alone. I found the spot easily and climed up. Pinning my back to the wall of the main base and bringing my knees to my chest. I sat there, waiting for the time to pass.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime08/09/15, 11:51 pm

Jay focused all her time into training, pushing herself to her limit every single day. She ran back to back combat drills and live fire exercises with any personnel that would join her. By the time they were approaching the day of their second mission, Jay felt stronger and faster than ever. She wouldn't be too slow to save a Spartan anymore
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime09/09/15, 06:29 am

Izzie mostly kept to herself, though she made a point to attend as many drills as possible she focused the majority of her training on electronic warfare. She was keen to master a new skill. Assuming she was selected for the new operation, Izzie would be able to used her improved skill to help the team out. After all there was no reason as to why she might not be joining her fellow Spartans.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime10/09/15, 12:37 am

The images in front of Eva begin to slowly distort. The only comparable thing she can think of is when a screen slowly begins to die out and static begins to take the screen over. Then a feeling as if someone is pulling her away from said screen overcomes her. A hand is felt on her shoulder followed by muffled words. Then another hand shoves itself onto her mouth, cloth between the skin. She feels a dizziness within a dizziness and then hears what sounds like someone banging on a door.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/09/15, 03:23 pm

12 Days Later
04:07 (Local Time)

I was already in full gear, wating in Drop bay C. We'd come out of Cryo around 18 hours ago for our final mission briefing. I hadn't seen any of the others since just after we'd woken up, and even though the Commander had recommended sleep, I couldn't. There was too much to go over. Maps of the city, Innie troop strength, supplies and equipment. Our new armour, unofficially referred to as the Mark III SPI, was up-armoured, had improved camouflage abilities, and personal energy shield, similar to what the Elites used, though the shield couldn't run at the same time as the camouflage. Overall, I was pleased with it. It didn't limit maneuverability much and offered much more protection than our previous armour.

The mission was due to begin soon, we had an hour long window to insert via SOEIV during a meteor shower.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/09/15, 03:36 pm

Jay came walking into the Drop Bay in her new armour. It lacked the flair of her old armour and she surmised that she'd have to reapply it. The new shielding was annoying too. If it was active, she couldn't walk too close to the wall or she'd feel it scrape and flare up.

In fact, she did this exact thing as she walked into the drop bay, bouncing off of the corner as she tried to slip around it, much to her shame as she caught a wry glance from her new squad leader.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/09/15, 03:40 pm

"You can deactivate the shield when it's not needed, you know?" I said to Jay as she came in, her shield flaring as she did.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/09/15, 03:42 pm

"I know but. I need practice with it. I'm not used to these systems and I'd rather not have it fail in a firefight because I bumped a wall" Jay replied as she walked on over.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/09/15, 03:43 pm

"We have time to practice on the ground." I replied, "The UNSC invasion force will be ready in a week, at that point they'll wait for our signal."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/09/15, 03:45 pm

"We're not just sitting on our arses for a week though." She said curtly. "I still don't like this espionage stuff. Feels like we're being wasted."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/09/15, 03:54 pm

"If we're the only ones who can do it, it's not a waste." I said. "Most of the week is going to be spent preparing, and then we have another week before the Navy arrives, which is when we'll start carrying out attacks."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/09/15, 04:28 pm

Izzie kept silent as she sharpened her knife, the blade was a dull black colouration so the metal would not gleam in the light.
She kinda liked the new and improved armour, the shielding might take some getting used to but it may come in handy. After all who was to say when they it might be needed? Izzie wished at first that they could have had this armour on the last drop, but with the way the shielding and the cloaking system worked, it would not have mattered. She still would have lost her hand to plasma.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime12/09/15, 02:14 am

During the time between Eva's cryo sleep and now, she had been at the shooting range once more. The times she had fired in Grasping Maw had, to her, been just dumb luck. She wanted to be prepared for this operation and training was the only thing that would help. Of course, taking a break to eat and having a quick sleep. She walks into Drop Bay C donning her new armor. It was better than what they had before, and she especially liked the upgraded camo feature. The shield would be helpful for going loud as well. Overall, she can't complain.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime04/10/15, 07:09 pm

Nikki had spent some time getting used to the new suit of armor. Checking gun placement, camouflage time, shield strength, and mobility. Tools do not make a craftsman a master, skill does, but quality tools help. He walked around with the shield off, there was no point in having it on while in the ship. or outside of combat. He would active camouflage when he heard or noticed people coming his way. Blending into the surroundings, testing the effectiveness of the camouflage. Some people didn't notice - until they walked into him. Some people didn't notice even when he stepped around them before they walked into him. Some noticed but shook their heads, perhaps thinking they were seeing things. On humans, the camouflage seemed to be effective, moreso when not moving.

Now he stood at the entrance to Bay C looking at what was left of his squad. Who would die on this mission?
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime04/10/15, 07:44 pm

"Our window's opening, let's move." I said as everyone arrived, packing my equipment into my SOEIV. We'd been issued gear with more stopping power for this mission; standard issue magnums, and an MA5C or M392. We had one sniper rifle, which I was stowing inside my drop pod.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime04/10/15, 10:16 pm

Eva places her loadout in her pod. She is equipped with the standard magnum and the designated marksman rifle or the M392. While she had a exceeding luck with the MA5C during Grasping Maw, she feels as though she'd be able to handle this weapon much better. Once all of her weapons and other things have been secured, she goes in herself. The last time, she was confident in their success. However, she had no idea the losses they would incur. She still isn't ready for whoever will perish. Split seconds will be the difference makers on who lives and dies. She understands that now.

My life isn't more important than the others. I was selfish last time, that's why they died. I'll do what I must to prevent any more deaths. She thinks.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime05/10/15, 04:01 pm

Nikki put his guns into his pod. They had been re-calibrated recently, so he wasn't worried about them jamming or being off their mark. The mission objective felt the same as the last one. Only with non-spartan backup. Standard UNSC armor didn't stand a chance against that plasma the Covenant used. They would die quickly in an open fire fight.

Nikki double checked the ammo he was bringing with. He had enough, or more than enough. He climbed into his pod and gave the green light. He was read to go.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime05/10/15, 09:51 pm

Izzie inspected her MA5C before storing it in her pod. She wasn't overly concerned about how the mission might go, they had a job to do and that was that. If anything she happened to be pleased as it would mean that she could escape the company of the ship's doctors. Izzie trusted her team, after all they were Spartans and they would find a way to triumph here.
She climbed aboard her pod, also providing the green light.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime06/10/15, 07:43 am

Jay packed her things and climbed inside, taking a moment to get as comfortable as possible in the pod. After all, she was going to be rocketing down to a planet and she may as well be as comfy whilst doing it. She flashed her green light when she was done. This whole mission was different, and despite what Rosie had said, she still didn't feel comfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/15, 08:34 pm

"Nikki is my second." I said as the door to my drop pod closed, "If I go down, he's the leader." With that finally decided, I could at least have something other than 'What happens when I'm killed?' on my mind. "Hopefully, we'll land about a hundred miles south of the city, in a forested area," I paused, remembering my last drop in hyper-detail.

Sitting inside my personal oven, my armour's temperature regulation unable to keep up with the flames outside, and smashing into the ground, sending it spraying upwards over the transparent door. The hiss from the door as it prepared to detach, the crash when it did. Diving out into the open, being able to breathe comfortably, followed by the paranoia of being in enemy territory.

I shook my head, banishing the thoughts from my mind. "Gotta focus," I thought, returning my attention to the team.
"Move to my position ASAP."

The pod lurched as it was swung to the side, dangling over open space. "If you have anything to say, say it now."
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/15, 09:55 pm

"Nikki is my second.If I go down, he's the leader." Nikki stared through the side of his pod. He was staring at the black inner lining of the pod. In his mind, however, he was staring at Rosie. If she died, he would be leader. That bothered him. He didn't want the trappings of command, but if it happened, it happened. He would just have to make sure she didn't die.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime08/10/15, 12:12 am

Eva nods at Rosie's decision. Another new change of command wouldn't be a surprise, but she would prefer it if no one was lost on this mission. "R-Roger." These were her last words as the pod shifted and readied itself over the planet below. Another wooded area is their target. She cannot help but have a sense of deja vu. Every movement she makes now is the exact same movement she made the first time around, but this time it is less mechanical and just a bit slower.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime10/10/15, 02:34 am

My pod jerked again as it made its way into the open space below, leaving my heart in the ship. I plummeted towards the surface of Sedra. I felt the fear of myself, or one of the others, being inside their coffins. I pushed it down. "Stay focused, I told myself, "Keep the others alive."

I felt the heat as my pod started to enter atmosphere, the temperature rising too fast for my suit's temperature regulation to keep up with. My pod was pulled upward. I wasn't going to die. I crashed into the dirt.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime10/10/15, 04:34 am

The pod rocked back and forth as it fell towards the surface of Sedra. Nikki just looked at the interior of his pod. Waiting for it to hit ground.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime10/10/15, 06:47 pm

The feeling Eva had on the last drop rams back into her as her pod drops. The fear, the nausea and as the pod breached atmosphere, the heat. Her very own microwave as things start to heat up. She looks outside of the window on her pod to see the meteor shower they're using to mask their drop. It's a very lovely sight, but she can't gaze into it very long as the pod rockets towards the ground, eventually breaking it. It takes a few moments for it all to register as she begins to check herself for any injuries. Feeling satisfied, she begins to load up. As the door flies open, she drops and looks around. She is surrounded by large, lovely trees. Once the awe passes, she makes her way to where she believes Rosie's pod landed.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime10/10/15, 08:23 pm

Izzie tried to keep calm whilst the pod shook as it entered the atmosphere. The pod hit the ground with a thump.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime15/10/15, 07:22 am

Jay sat in her pod, shaking around as the pod rocketed towards the surface. She kept her eyes closed for the most part, focusing on breathing and not vomiting. The heat flared throughout the interior as she broke the atmosphere, the pod engulfing into a fiery comet, streaking across the sky of the world below. Jay slowly peeked through her closed lids, she was off course and second stage was about to begin. Too late to make an adjustment. She felt the pod jerk as the drag catch deployed and the counter thrusters fired into action. A few seconds later and she shook once more, violently, as the pod smashed into the ground.

Jay gave a sigh of relief. She began looking through the pods limited instruments. She was nearly four miles off course. She lay back in her seat.

Then.

She noticed.

Slowly, the pod was sinking. She couldn't tell what into but the ground must have some subsidence and the impact of her pod had set it off. She quickly hit the door release button, only for it to fail. Her hands fly across the four shaped charges on the frame of the door, arming them and blowing the door clean away from the pod. She scrambled out and began running as the ground threatened to swallow her due to be weight of her armour.

It took her twenty minutes to reach solid ground, by that point, her pod was long behind her and long in the ground. She hadn't even had time to grab her weapons.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime15/10/15, 07:13 pm

Nikki's pod landed as projected, within 0.1 standard deviation from the projected path. Shortly after impact, Nikki opened up the door of the pod. The ground around the pod was crushed and blackened from the counter thrusters. He equipped his weapons from the drop pod and took a moment to look around at his surroundings. The other one, the replacement for Skippy, Jay, her pod looked like it had gone off course. Terrain suggests that there are subsidizing lands or something near by. Her pod might sink if the ground is too soft. Probability of drowning with the pod? Roughly 3%, low. Unlikely outcome. Probability of survival? 80%, likely. Deviate from course objective to see if teammate survived or needs help? No. Continue with objective. The objective comes first. Nikki looked in the general direct of Jay, and towards the objective. He turned and began the light jog towards the object, and the rendezvous point.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime16/10/15, 08:34 pm

I jumped out of the pod as soon as the door opened, grabbing my pistol as I did. I scanned the treeline, looking for even the slightest thing that seemed out of place. Nothing. I lowered my weapon, retrieving my sniper rifle from the pod. I could do nothing from here except secure the area and direct the others using the command pod's improved functions. I holstered my weapons as I approached the tallest tree I could find, and began to climb.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime29/10/15, 10:03 pm

Eva goes from tree to tree, acting as cover. There was no mistaking orders this time. She had been told to rendezvous at Rosie's location before doing anything else. Soon, she comes across a pod that she believes is Rosie's. She pulls up her weapon and scopes the area around the pod out. She calls out, "I-Is there a-anyone out here?"
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime04/11/15, 04:33 am

Nikki jogged for maybe a mile before reaching an empty pod. He stopped and looked around for a bit. There were footprints going away from the pod. should I break radio silence? The thought of Jay being stranded because of a pod malfunction bothered him, he wanted to contact Rosie to tell her, but wasn't sure if they had a secure channel. Going against his gut, he moved in the direction of the footprints. After going some distance Nikki saw someone darting from tree to tree before approaching another pod. He slowly crept up behind them, when they stepped closer to the pod he realized who it was. "Eva." He said under his breath. He lowered his gun and looked around for a sign of the pods former inhabitant. A branch rustled and he looked up. An armored individual was climbing a tree. There was a sniper-rifle on their back. Rosie. That's three of us, where are the others?
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime10/11/15, 09:04 pm

I saw Eva below me and whistled to get her attention. When she looked, I nodded towards another tall tree to the north-west of my pod. I did the same for Nikki, nodding for a tree south-east. We needed eyes and we needed to be out of sight.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime13/11/15, 01:29 am

Nikki nodded as he followed Rosie's order. He climbed up the tree slowly and nimbly. Trying not to damage the trunk too much.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime14/11/15, 01:14 am

Eva gives a quick thumbs up and makes her way to and up the tree. She handles it well, only nearly falling one time, but once she gets her footing, she is perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw   HRP -  Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP - Theta Company - Act I - Operation: Grasping Maw
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8