Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robert Prescott

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir_BushWookie
Not cool enough for a real rank
Sir_BushWookie

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 04:36 pm

Name: Robert Prescott
Race: Human, Celtic (Think a paler/creamier white)
Nationality: British
Birth date: 31/10/2532

Skills/trait: Skilled marksman, experienced hunter, able to disconnect emotionally(meaning that he doesn't have to feel certain emotions depending on the situation), loner, good scout, stealthy, not overly fast but can keep a set pace in most terrain, not particularly fond of social interaction.

Role: Sniper/Designated Marksman
Appearance: Emerald green eyes, with messy brown hair. I'm not good at descriptions.
Armour appearance: When able he wears the ODST Sharpshooter BDU, but in all other circumstances he wears a standard ODST BDU with a Dark Green colouration.

Background: I'm rewriting it so here is a list of events for you all to critique  
Born in Watford, Hertfordshire to an ex servicemanwho now lives as a civilian.
Having withdrawn from most social events during childhood, Robert took to hunting to fill his free time before joining the military.
Excelled during the marksmanship and reconnaissance exercises, and even scored above average on the squad based exercises, though it should be noted that relations between him and the assigned squad were straoned at the best of times.
Elected as a candidate for the ODST training regime.
Successfully passed the training and graduated into the ranks of the ODSTs.
His 6th and 9th drops were plagued with failure as the squad he was assigned to died during the operation.
During the Fall of Reach he partook in his 28th drop.

Last edited by Sir_BushWookie on 30/09/15, 04:51 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 07:05 pm

So he's like 47 at the time of Reach's fall? And he's an expert archer? He's on his fifth drop too? at 47?

There's just too much wrong with this.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 07:37 pm

The age itself is fine, considering real world rules and the higher average human lifespan in Halo. Being on his fifth drop is unlikely though, at 47, during the human-covenant war, he'd be a grizzled veteran who has seen hundreds die after hundreds of drops.
Back to top Go down
Sir_BushWookie
Sir_BushWookie

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 07:57 pm

I am a tad rusty on my halo knowledge, so please forgive me.
I've made him a regular marine since it just makes things easier.

The war started in 2525 correct?
If so being born in 2505 would make him 20. Unless no RP operates before reach in which case I'll change some of the dates so he fits in.
I've removed the nickname and any form of rank so he's pretty much a rookie who did well during the training.
Is that better or should I just get a mod to delete the thread and try again?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 07:59 pm

But I said FALL OF REACH. Which is around the time nearly all of our RP's are based. Which is set in 2552.

Archery is basically such a useless trait that I doubt it would actually even be taught in the Halo Universe. It's nearly extinct in our current society, never mind one 500 years ahead of us with energy shielding and plasma weapons and FTL travel.
Back to top Go down
Sir_BushWookie
Sir_BushWookie

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 08:03 pm

I'll remove that, but it could come in handy as a survival trait.
Bows in combat don't make sense anymore but someone who can hunt using a bow can come in handy should the situation call for it.
It was a little bit of flavour anyway.
I will change his age to bring it in line with the RPs.

Last edited by Sir_BushWookie on 24/09/15, 08:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir_BushWookie
Sir_BushWookie

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 08:08 pm

As for him possibly being an ODST, do they select candidates during their training or are their candidates veterans?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 08:13 pm

Both.

And seriously. Archery is outdated and useless at this stage of the universe.
Back to top Go down
Sir_BushWookie
Sir_BushWookie

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 08:21 pm

But it's cool! And yeah I know it's horrifically outdated. Chances are it'd just be a hobby/something for him to talk about when he's not in combat.

Say he was inducted into the ranks of the ODSTs at 18, he would hane been an ODST for about a year. How many drops would you think he's been on?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 08:32 pm

But it would be a lost skill at that point in time. There's literally no point to it existing these days, never mind in 500 years.
Back to top Go down
Sir_BushWookie
Sir_BushWookie

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 08:36 pm

I shall remove it then, back to my question
Logically how many times would you say he has been dropped?

Also I'm sorry for trying your patience and making you deal with a new guy whose Halo knowledge is lacking.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 08:52 pm

You're way too polite. Ugh.

Shrug. Up to how experienced you want to make him. If it's bullshit, I'll call you on it.

I'm not writing your character for you, just pulling you up on the shit.
Back to top Go down
Sir_BushWookie
Sir_BushWookie

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 09:27 pm

I'm a briton who lives in Canada, my politeness stems from the fact that everybody loves the stereotype and tbh I love the stereotype. It's so much fun!
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime24/09/15, 10:05 pm

Myself, K and Sen are the only Brits here. Fuck politeness.
Back to top Go down
Sir_BushWookie
Sir_BushWookie

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime26/09/15, 03:22 am

You sound just like my group back in the UK, minus our lack of sanity of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Robert Prescott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Prescott    Robert Prescott Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robert Prescott
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Role Play Characters-
Jump to: