Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Betrayal From the Past

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Betrayal From the Past Empty
PostSubject: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime17/12/11, 10:28 pm

(Miranda)
=Jason and Molly sat with me in the Serenity's bridge. It was strange though; Jason may have been sitting in the captains chair, but for the first time, it didn't seem like he was in charge. It was a fourteen hour trip, and for the first hour or so in slip-space, he'd look to me, asking what we were going to do, how we'd do it.........and most importantly, who we were dealing with. At first, I didn't want to talk about it, because of Molly. I felt like she didn't need to hear about my past, then I realized that she was family now. She deserved to hear my story. So, for the duration of the trip through slip-space, I told them my story=
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime18/12/11, 12:08 am

--Holetown, New Barbados, Emerald Cove. 12 Years ago. 16 years old--

=I was 16 at the time, and my brother Adam was only four years old. We lived on the streets, moving from alley to alley, cardboard box to cardboard box. Six months before that, I lived in a small house in Holetown. I was smart, one of the smartest in my class when it came to computers. Hell, I was getting a scholarship to some fancy University. Problem was, my family did not reflect my life in school: Dad was a drunk, prone to beating his family, and mom had died in a mugging. That may have been why dad started drinking, but I was never sure. Never really cared. One night, it got bad. Really, really, bad. He started hitting me, and Adam. God, it was Adam's birthday, and he was being beaten. I still don't remember most of what happened. All I remember from that night, was my dad lying in a pool of his own blood, and a knife in my hand, still crimson with blood, liquid rubies dripping from the tip. I grabbed Adam, and whatever money was in the house, and ran. Whatever life I could have had, was gone in a night. Fast forward six months later, and I was living as a pickpocket, and a hacker to boot. I didn't always hack though; you need tools and computers to hack, and a life on the streets seldom gives those items to you. Thankfully though, the people I stole from, had deep pockets, and I was a fast learner on how to steal without getting caught. So, we never really went hungry, and whenever I got enough money, we actually managed to get a motel room for a night or two. However, if there's one thing I know to be true, it's that the one thing in life that is always predictable? The fact that life will always surprise you=

Last edited by Razgriz on 18/12/11, 08:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime18/12/11, 01:51 am

=One day, I was out walking through the town, picking pockets and lifting wallets (hey, it sounded clever at the time) when I saw this guy, walking along the street. His clothes seemed expensive, unwrinkled with no stains. There wasn't a dry cleaning service in this part of town, so I doubted he was a local. And seeing as how he decided to walk through my neighborhood, I figured he could use a friendly little greeting. I tailed him, keeping my distance, making sure to not really be seen. I moved past people, though no one paid me any attention. As I got closer, I made sure I was directly behind him, and waited for my moment. I saw it, in the form of the light across the street going green for the crosswalk. I ran forward, bumping into the man, my hand moving into his pocket, and grabbed onto what I was sure was his wallet=

Excuse me!
=I blurted it out, and then kicked it into high gear, and ran away. I kept moving for maybe ten minutes, and found a vacant alley to hide in. I checked what was in my hand: it was a wallet, and small, paper covered package. I opened the wallet, and found some money, mostly in the form of credit cards, and bills. An I.D. was also in the wallet, but I only took a brief glance at it. The brown paper package though, intrigued me. I unwrapped it, and found an A.I. Data Crystal. It was right then, that I felt a firm hand on my shoulder=

*Voice*
I think I'll take that back now.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime18/12/11, 02:14 am

=I don't really know how I was still alive, because my heart had stopped beating, panic taking hold of me. I turned around, shaking as I did, and looked up. It was the man I stole from, the man in the picture, and his name escaped my lips=

James Fallon?

*Fallon*
That's what it says on my I.D. kid. I've got to hand it to you, there aren't that many people that can pickpocket me.
=I got a better look at the guy while he talked; mid-thirties, light brown hair, and green eyes, almost like emeralds. He had broad shoulders, which told me he was a strong person. His grip on my shoulder certainly felt strong=

(Miranda)
What's a guy like you doing with an A.I. core?

*Fallon*
I don't think that's any of your business. Now, hand it over.

(Miranda)
Or what? You'll kill me?

*Fallon*
Nope. Just knock you out, and take it from you. I just don't enjoy hitting kids.

(Miranda)
Fine.
=I handed him back the data core, which he quickly pocketed=

*Fallon*
Look kid, I can see you've got some talent, something I value. And like I said, not many people can successfully pickpocket me. So, if your interested, I have a job offer for you. Well, more of an internship, but it could, could, become a job. Interested?

(Miranda)
=it didn't take me long to consider. A job, and potential home, was much better than living on the streets=
Yes, definitely. But, can I bring my brother? I'm all he has.

*Fallon*
=that made him smile a little=
Sure kid. We'll work something out.

=he turned to leave, motioning me to walk with him, and I led him back to the motel that I stayed at=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime18/12/11, 03:02 am

=we arrived back at the motel, and I found Adam sitting on the bed, watching whatever was on the holo screen. When he saw Fallon, he jumped off the bed, and looked panicked. I raised my hand=

(Miranda)
It's okay Adam. He's friendly.
=that calmed Adam down, and he walked forward, looking up at Fallon's face=

*Adam*
Hello sir.
=he held his hand out=

*Fallon*
=he chuckled, and bent down to shake Adam's hand=
Hi there little man. Do you live here?

*Adam*
Sometimes.

*Fallon*
Well, good news: Your sister here accepted a job offer of mine, and you get to come with her. That sound good?

*Adam*
=his face lit up like a Christmas tree=
Yeah, yeah it does!

(Miranda)
=I liked seeing my brother like that. He didn't get many days where he was that happy=
Hey Adam, here's some money. Why don't you go and get a soda?

*Adam*
Okay.
=he left, and I faced Fallon in the motel room=

(Miranda)
Okay, now why don't we discuss what I'd be doing.

*Fallon*
Straight to business?

(Miranda)
Yeah. Considering the fact that you have an A.I. core, I think it's clear that you're not from around here. You're not UNSC, they don't dress that casually, even if your clothes are clean. Rebel?

*Fallon*
Hmmm, maybe. As for what you'd be doing......my superiors, are always looking for talented.....agents. You clearly have experience in theft, and know how to blend in. But you lack.....refinement. You're clumsy, and rough in your methods. I can teach you, hone your skills. And in exchange, your brother will be given a home, with a family. He'll be cared for.

(Miranda)
=it was a good offer. I mean, I didn't mind working as an agent, for what I was pretty sure was the rebels. And if that mean that Adam could have a family, then that was all the reason I needed=
Okay. I accept. Just one thing though. That A.I. core of yours? What kind of A.I. is it? Smart or Dumb?

*Fallon*
Oh, this thing?
=he pulled out two things: the data core, and an adapter. He plugged the little adapter to the screen in the room, and inserted the crystal=
He's a dumb A.I., but he's one of the smartest we've ever made. He's our ace in the hole for hacking and stealing information.

=the holo screen blurred, and a sphere of light appeared=
Say hello to your new best friend, Argo.

(Argo)
Hello there.

(Miranda)
Hi, Argo.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime18/12/11, 05:26 am

--Five Years Later, 21 years old. Eridanus Secundus--

=And so, for five years, I learned how to be an espionage agent, and a spy. Fallon served as my personal mentor. He taught me how to blend in, get in and out of high security locations, even threw in some hand to hand training, all of which I excelled at. My computer skills really shined though, even with Argo working with me. I had completed dozens of training assignments, an acceptable number of which I passed, and I had completed four real missions. I was becoming a very valuable asset to the Eridanus Rebels. I still talked with Adam, whenever I had time. He was happy with his family, which was good. And hey, life with the rebels wasn't all that bad; I made a friend, Gabriela Daniels, but she preferred Gabby. She was an engineer, and great with nearly any form of tech. Hacker she was not, but she was the goddess of mechanics. I was on my way to the central building, for a meeting with my superiors. Apparently, I was up for a promotion. Unfortunately, news from the rest of the galaxy was very bad: Most, if not all, of the outer colonies were gone, wiped out by the Covenant. The UNSC, despite what many of us may have thought about them, were putting up one hell of a fight. Rumors were circulating among most of my coworkers, that command was actually sending intel to the UNSC, discreetly, in the hopes that maybe they could actually beat the Covenant. Of course, those were just rumors. Truth be told, I don't think many people would have minded. At least the UNSC weren't intent on wiping out the whole Human race. I got to the Central Building, and was surprised by who greeted me in the lobby=

(Miranda)
Hey there Fallon. Didn't expect to see you here.

=Fallon was sitting on one of the lobbies chairs. The years, though small, had been kind; he was now in his early forties, and he was now getting some gray hairs. He was dressed in his usual suit=

*Fallon*
Miranda! Good to see you. I hear you're getting a promotion today.

=I didn't bother to ask how he heard that. He was a high ranking agent of the Rebels, and he was also good at getting information=

(Miranda)
Yeah, I guess I did something right.

=He laughed, and I blushed a little; I had a small crush on Fallon, even if he was twice my age now. After all, he gave me a new life=

*Fallon*
So, how's Adam?

(Miranda)
He's fine. Loves his new home of course.

Last edited by Razgriz on 18/12/11, 08:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime18/12/11, 08:25 am

*Fallon*
That's good to hear. Hey listen, I'm on station for a few days. After this, want to get a drink, reminisce?

(Miranda)
Sure, that sounds nice. Don't know how long I'll be in there though.
=we parted ways, and I entered the conference room. The meeting didn't last long. It was all just a series of congratulations, medals that would never see the light of day, and then I got promoted. It wasn't much, to be honest. Hell, if anything, I was going to be sent on more dangerous missions. I left the building forty minutes later, and saw that Fallon was still waiting outside=

*Fallon*
So, how about that drink?

(Miranda)
Sure.
=I walked with him to a popular bar in the city. We talked for a bit=

So, where you headed next?

*Fallon*
Can't say. It's classified.
=he took a sip of his beer=

How about you? What's next for you?

(Miranda)
They want me to go to the Inner Colonies, rendezvous with a contact. Nothing special though. A rookie could do this.

*Fallon*
Ah, you never know. Things always look simple on paper, then your cover is blown, and bullets start to fly.
=he got up, and paid for both drinks=

Look, take care of yourself Miri. You've just entered a dangerous world. I'd hate to see my star pupil died because she let her guard down.
=he left, and I sat in that bar, watching him go. I finished my beer, and headed out for the docks=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime18/12/11, 09:29 am

--Five years later, Eridanus Secundus. 26 years old--

=They had me waiting in the same conference room where they promoted me. I was eager to get out of there, and call Adam. I wanted to know if he liked the gift i got him for his birthday. I never suspected that day would become the worst day of my life, worse than the day my mother was killed. Fallon, and two other people walked into the room, and sat opposite me. The other two had remote business looks on their faces, but Fallon looked troubled, perhaps even.....nauseous. I tried to smile at him, but that only worsened his look, That made me worried=

(Miranda)
Uh, what's going on?
=to answer me, a hologram appeared over the table, of an underground base. I knew what it was: it was the residential complex where my brother and his adopted family lived=

Why are you showing me this?

*Rebel Officail #1*
Miranda, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but.......

*Fallon*
The UNSC hit the place Miri. They sent a Spartan team, and they killed a lot of people.
=he struggled around the next sentence, and what was said was embedded into my memory, forever=

Adam's dead Miri. I'm so, so sorry.

(Miranda)
No. You're lying. You said you'd keep him safe!

*Rebel Officer*
Miranda, I'm sorry this happened, I really am. But right now, we need to find out how the UNSC got this information. That base, was a closely guarded secret, and they found out about it from someone.

(Miranda)
Yeah, I can see how well kept it was!
=my vision started to get blurry, and I felt tears running down my cheeks=

*Fallon*
Miranda, we're going to get the son of a bitch that betrayed us. I'm already leading a team to find out who it was, and I'd like you to help.

(Miranda)
=I should have accepted. I should have helped them at the time. But I didn't. All I wanted to do right then, was crawl up somewhere dark, and cry=
No. I....I can't.

*Rebel Officer*
I understand. Take as much time off as you need.

=I ended up leaving the rebels soon after that. All contact with Fallon and the others was abandoned, though gabby and I would talk from time to time. I buried Adam, outside the base he had been living in. Then, I started free lancing for two years, until I met Jason=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime18/12/11, 07:35 pm

--Present Day--

=So, that was my story. Well, the parts that really mattered anyway. I told Jason what I knew about Fallon: He was smart, resourceful, and trained in both hand to hand, and weapons. Also, he had anywhere between five to eight alias for him to hide behind, so finding him wouldn't be easy. Thankfully, there was a contact of mine on Heaven's Bounty that might have the info I needed. I really didn't want to talk with him though, but it looked like I didn't have much choice. We dropped out of slip-space 13 hours later, and entered the Persephone system. Heavens Bounty was a large city located on the Inner Colony of Persephone. A garden world, it was one of the older colonies under the UNSC's control. We landed at the Heaven's Bounty docks, and we left the ship. Well, Jason and I did, Molly stayed aboard with Gabby and Kenny. Gabby wanted to come along, in case I needed any emotional help. After all, she was my oldest friend. However, I said no. Jason was all the help I'd need. Unfortunately, we couldn't walk around in our Combat Skins, so Jason and I had to put on civilian clothes: A white cotton t-shirt and my leather jacket, and some jeans for me. Jason had to wear something similar, though slightly different. Point was, we looked like civilians. We hailed a cab, and made our way into the city=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 12:54 am

(Jason)
So, we have a lead on where to go?
=I leaned against the door in the cab

(Miranda)
Yeah. It's a club in the city, run by a contact of mine. The name of the place is "The Dark Star."

(Jason)
=I nodded=
Okay. Do you think your contact will see us?

(Miranda)
Me? Yeah, he'll be delighted to see me. You.......he'll find you intimidating. He may ask you to wait outside.

(Jason)
Yeah......not sure how well that'll work.

(Miranda)
=I grimaced a little=
Sorry. He's had a......thing for me. He'll want you out of the way, just so he can think he has a shot at me.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 01:00 am

=The cab pulled up outside the club. Neon lights and holograms covered the entrance, with dark indigo letters painting the name, "The Dark Star." A large line of people waited outside, two massive, muscle covered bouncers at the door, a small, inconspicuous camera right above the door. It was already night, and steam drifted out of the drains to the sewers. It had rained recently, and puddles in the street reflected the lights=

(Miranda)
=we both got out of the cab, and walked straight to the door. The bouncers moved to intercept us, but then they both lifted a hand to their ears, nodded once, and then let Jason and I pass. There were a lot of complaints from the line, to which the bouncers replied with glares=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 01:08 am

(Jason)
I guess you're expected?

(Miranda)
Yeah. He always gave me a fast pass.

(Jason)
One wonders why he'd let me in at all?

(Miranda)
=we entered a hallway, that ended at a set of double doors. Loud music, muffled by the doors, pulsed along the hall=
He must have figured that if you didn't get past the first door, I'd have stayed with you. This way, I come in, and he blocks you at the next door.

Last edited by Razgriz on 09/07/12, 05:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 01:31 am

(Jason)
Great. Hey, you never told me this guy's name.

(Miranda)
=we stopped just outside the door, and the music became louder, and I could actually see the door vibrate, slightly=
His name, is Jake Thurton, though people just call him "Big J."

=I opened the doors, and immediately, we were overwhelmed by music=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 02:04 am

(Skip to around 1:10)

=The room was huge, maybe as large as a stadium. It was very dim inside, strobe lights, spotlights, and any other light imaginable illuminating certain areas. A dance floor dominated the main space, and it was covered in people, dancing, moving in time to the beat of the music. A large bar at one side of the room, was filled with drinks. Beer, whiskey, vodka, tequila.......if it could be made, it was there. Small clouds of cigarette smoke floated over tables in corners of the room, while private booths were built into the walls, stairs leading up to the booths on the higher levels. Most of the booths were filled with people doing a mix between legal and illegal activities: most simply had couples (or threesomes, foursomes, take your pick) making out, or snorting lines of powder, or using needles. At the far end of the room was another set of doors, with two guards in front, and the words, "V.I.P. Section," blazing above, in gold lights=

(Jason)
=I coughed as I took it all in=
Wow, this place is.......interesting.

(Miranda)
Yeah, this place usually gets some trouble from the cops, but Jake has enough money and influence to keep them away. Short of public murder, the cops can't enter.
=we walked past the dance floor, where some of the girls slid up and down against their partners, front and back. I drew a few eyes from some of the male patrons, and even a few of the girls stared at me, interest in their eyes. I ignored them, and kept moving for the V.I.P section, Jason trailing behind me. When we got to the doors, the guards took one look at me, and let me pass, though they put a hand on Jason's shoulder=

*Guard*
She goes in, you stay out.

(Jason)
=I put on my best grin=
Come on guys? I'm with her.

*Guard*
Don't make me have to put you in the hospital.
=he lifted his shirt, and I saw the handle of a pistol sticking out=

(Jason)
You're going to shoot me? Here?

*Guard*
Unless you turn around. Plenty of girls out there.

(Jason)
=I didn't even give the guy warning. My hands blurred, one punching the other guard in the face, sending him flying, the other grabbing the pistol grip=
Now, think carefully. You can let me in, and keep your jewels. Or, you can lose them, and I go in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 02:57 am

=he stammered for a few seconds, then yielded. He backed away from Jason, who proceeded to break the gun apart, throwing the pieces away=

(Jason)
Smart choice.
=I rejoined Miri, who simply rolled her eyes, a small grin crossing her lips=

(Miranda)
=we walked through the doors, and the noise from the music subsided. Another hallway, lined with doors, stretched in front of us=
By the way, one last thing. There's a reason Jake is called "Big J." You'll see soon enough, but try not to stare.

(Jason)
Uhh, okay.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 03:45 am

(Miranda)
=I walked through the last door in the hall, and saw Jake at the far end of the room. Now most people think the life of a spy is glamorous, with nights spent in expensive hotel rooms, and our contacts stunningly beautiful (or hot). They expect a lot of gunfights, car chases, and sex. Ah yes, they always expect sex. Most days, I fantasize about shooting the son of a bitch that first made those damn spy movies. In reality, there's no car chases, almost no gunfights, and sadly, if I wanted to feel physical pleasure, I had to use something run on batteries. Thank God I met Jason. As for contacts, most of them were average in appearance, with absolutely nothing special about their looks=

*Jake*
Miri! Good to see you again!

(Miranda)
=then, there were guys like Jake. At over 400 hairy pounds of fat, Jake looked like the son of a Wookie and Jabba the Hut. He was a slob, not even bothering to wear a shirt, bits of food littering his hairy chest. He was bed ridden, having to use a small version of a forklift to move around, and he had maybe four or six girls around him, all in their early twenties, all of them stunning to look at, and all them miserable. They worked for him as servants and maids, and they even had to give the fat bastard sponge baths. Full body ones, for every square inch, even beneath the flaps of skin, and whatever semblance of manhood he had=

Last edited by Razgriz on 20/12/11, 05:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 04:31 am

(Miranda)
=I heard Jason make a small noise, like he had just puked in his mouth. He was lucky-- I had to meet with Jake almost once a week, for a year and a half. That alone, should have gotten me a warehouse full of medals=
Hello Jake. Long time no see.

*Jake*
=he motioned to a freaking buffet table, covered in food of all kinds=
Have something to eat Miranda! You look famished!

(Miranda)
=I didn't want to eat. Mostly because if I did, I knew I'd puke it out=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 04:49 am

(Miranda)
Sorry Jake, I'm here on business.
=I walked closer, and out of nowhere, guards showed up, hands reaching for the insides of their jackets=

*Jake*
Now now boys, put your toys away. Miri want's to discuss business, then by all means, let her.
=the guards backed down=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 05:12 am

(Miranda)
=I continued to move closer=
I need information Jake. There's someone I need to find.

*Jake*
A missing person? My, that request is certainly less entertaining than your usual inquiries.

(Miranda)
So what? I've got the money for it, and even if I didn't, you owe me one for that piece of info I got you about your competitor.

*Jake*
Calling in your mark eh?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 05:37 am

(Miranda)
Yup.
=I pulled out Fallons folded up picture from my pocket, and tossed it to one of the girls, who caught it=

I want you to find this man. Don't go near him, just tell me where to find him.

*Jake*
I'll put some feelers out, see what I find. Now, after this is done, are you sure about my offer? I could always use another girl with your....talents.

(Miranda)
Oh, I'm fairly certain that will never happen Jake. When you get the info, call the number on the back of that picture.
=I turned to leave, and Jason moved to my side as we left the room=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 06:06 am

(Miranda)
=as soon as we got back into the hallway, I let out the breath I was holding. Jason walked close to me, a look of repulsion on his face=

(Jason)
That guy......makes me sick. You've dealt with him before?

(Miranda)
Yeah. I may not like him, but he's got a wide network of contacts and informants. He gets information, any at all, for a price. Of course, he never really goes for the UNSC info that much. Tries to stay away from them.

(Jason)
Are you sure you can trust him?

(Miranda)
I trust him to do the job. He owes me, and he has a habit of paying people back.
=we kept walking, and left the club. I hailed us another cab, and we headed back to the Serenity=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime19/12/11, 08:25 am

(Miranda)
=When we got back to the ship, Jason went down to the cargo deck, to check both sets of armor. I sat at the crew deck's table, constantly reading and re-reading the file on Operation: Clean Sweep. I didn't notice that Gabby had entered the room, until she sat down next to me=

(Gabby)
Hey Miri.

(Miranda)
Gabby.

(Gabby)
So, all these years of searching, and the last person you expect turns out to be the one that betrayed us all. Talk about bitter irony.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime20/12/11, 04:41 am

(Miranda)
=I chuckled=
Should have realized it sooner. I mean, he led the investigation into the leaks. Of course they never found anything.

(Gabby)
=I was quiet for a bit=
Miranda, are you sure you're prepared for this? I mean, Fallon trained you. Hell, he all but raised you. Are you really ready to kill him?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime20/12/11, 04:58 am

(Miranda)
I don't think I'll ever be ready Gabby. He was the father I never had. He taught me, everything.

(Gabby)
Then consider this a kind of, poetic justice: he taught you, trained you. Then he betrayed you. Now, you get to dish out some payback, with the skills he gave you.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime20/12/11, 05:37 am

(Miranda)
What happened to that whole, "student never beats the teacher" stuff?

(Gabby)
That's horse shit, and you know it.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime20/12/11, 06:46 am

(Gabby)
Miri, I may not have seen you in action, but I know you. I know that no matter what, you'll never let Fallon get away. And I also know, that even if he was your teacher, that something like that won't stop you from kicking his ass.

(Miranda)
=I stifled a tiny little sob=
Sometimes, I forget what it was that makes you such a good friend.

(Gabby)
That's what friends are for Miri. Friends support each other. They laugh with you, cry with you. We stand with you when you're at your highest, and pick you up when you're at your lowest.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime20/12/11, 07:39 am

(Miranda)
=I felt a single tear run down my cheek. It wasn't sorrow I felt. It was joy, that I had friends like Gabby. The moment was cut short though, when a message appeared on the table's screen: it was from Jake, and he found Fallon. Apparently, Fallon was living in a condominium, set up in a fancy building. He was situated on the second floor=
Okay, now I think it's time Fallon and I had a little chat.

=I commed Jason=
Jason, I'm heading for the cargo deck. I found Fallon.

(Jason)
Got it. Do you want the armor?

(Miranda)
=I thought about it=
No. I don't want to draw any attention. Pack a knife, and a pistol. We should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime20/12/11, 08:54 am

(Miranda)
=A few minutes later, and I met up with Jason in the cargo deck. We had more or less the same clothes on as before, though I could see that Jason had a pistol, a standard magnum in a shoulder holster. I knew he had a concealed weapons permit for it, and the same went for me and my side-arm, another magnum. He also carried a knife or two, one in his boot, another concealed somewhere in his jacket. We left the ship, and hailed another cab, giving them directions to Fallon's building=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 05:59 am

(Miranda)
=Jason and I sat in the back of the cab. It was a fourteen minute drive, and we spent it planning on what to do. Thankfully, the window between the rear and front of the cab, was closed=
Okay, let's run through this one more time: We get past the lobby, up to Fallon's room. I knock on the door, and Fallon will see me, and open the door wide.

(Jason)
You sure that will work?

(Miranda)
We have to assume that Fallon believes his cover is safe. If we're lucky, he'll assume that I don't know a thing, and he'll let me in.

(Jason)
Okay, so he lets you in. What about me?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 06:09 am

(Miranda)
Wait outside, and stay out of sight. Once I enter, wait for the signal.
=I gave him a tiny little ear-phone=

You'll know it when you hear it.
=the cab stopped outside a massive building, windows glittering from the city street lights. Jason and I got out of the cab, and we made our way past the doorman. Either we looked the part, or they paid their people too much. Point was, between the doors and the elevators, we got no trouble=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 07:06 am

(Miranda)
=we took the elevator up to the second floor. It wasn't a short ride, but believe you me, when you're riding up an elevator, to face down your old mentor, who just so happened to betray both you, and what you believed in......it felt like an eternity, and my heart was beating a tattoo inside my own chest=

(Jason)
=I noticed that Miri was tense, so I laid my hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently=
Hey, if you're not up for this........I can do it, if you want.

(Miranda)
=I glanced at him from over my shoulder=
No. If anyone's going to do this, it's me. But thanks.

=the elevator stopped, and we got out into a hall. Fallon's room was the middle door on the right side of the hall=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 07:22 am

(Miranda)
=we walked down the hall, each step taking a freaking hour. Or maybe that was my heart rate, I couldn't really tell. Jason stopped about halfway to the door, but I kept walking. Once I was outside the door, I pressed the little button next to the door frame, and waited. I didn't have to wait long though; within seconds of me pressing the button, the door opened halfway, and I saw my old mentor for the first time in two years. I struggled to think of something to say, but all I could think of was--=
Hey Fallon.

*Fallon*
Miranda? Oh my God! It really is you!
=the door opened wider, and Fallon had a smile on his face=

Come in, come in!
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 07:34 am

(Miranda)
=I walked into the condo. It was a nice place, well furnished, a bookcase along the wall, and a bedroom in the back=
Nice place.

*Fallon*
Thanks. Command pays nicely when you do your job.

(Miranda)
Funny, I don't remember being this well compensated for my work.

*Fallon*
Yeah well, you were still young. And, you left. So, to what do I owe the pleasure, of seeing you again Miri?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 07:55 am

(Miranda)
Something big. I've been spending my time, trying to get new leads on the traitor.

*Fallon*
=his tone never changed=
Huh, still going after our ghost then?

(Miranda)
Yeah. It took me a while, but I think I finally found them.
=I turned around to face Fallon, and was surprised when I saw the pistol in his hand, aimed at me. From this range, he wouldn't even have to look down the sights=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 08:08 am

*Fallon*
Did you know, I used to have a family, Miranda? I had a real life once, with a wife, my daughter, and friends. We used to live on Mamore, and I had a job in the UNSC. I worked as an intelligence officer, deciphered transmissions. My friends, lived in the Haven arcology, a massive residential building. My home, was close to the center, only a couple blocks away. Then low and behold, the fucking Insurrectionists detonate a fucking nuke! My wife? She was visiting one of her friends in the arcology, so she died in a flash. But my daughter? It took her years to die of the radiation poisoning! And every moment of it, was spent in agony. I only lived, because I was off planet.

(Miranda)
So you became a double agent for the UNSC? You inserted yourself into the rebels, just to get revenge?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 09:45 am

*Fallon*
I became an agent, so that I could make sure that the Rebels never did that again. I handed ONI the Rebels best secrets on a silver platter. Everything I did, was to cripple them.

(Miranda)
And what about me? If you were so intent om wiping out the Rebels, why take me and my brother off the streets? Why get me a job as a Rebel spy?

*Fallon*
=he was quite for a moment, and it looked like he was looking past me, to another time=
You reminded me a lot of my daughter. She was smart, and determined. I had hoped to groom you into my protege, an assistant, even a partner. But they sent you on mission after mission. I could never get enough time. Then when Adam died.........

(Miranda)
=the mention of my brothers name sparked a fire in me=
Did you know that the information you gave ONI, involved a civilian base?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime21/12/11, 03:56 pm

*Fallon*
Honestly? Yeah. I figured it was a good way to balance the scales, sending the UNSC to wipe out Rebel civilians. Then one of their people had to grow a fucking conscience, and ruin the whole operation.
=he saw the look of barely contained rage on my face=

Ah, you're wondering that if I knew what it was, that means I also knew it would result in Adam's death. Well Miri, I'm sorry to tell you this, but this is war. In war, there are always casualties, and your brother became one of them.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime22/12/11, 03:25 am

(Jason)
=I heard the conversation through the headset Miri gave me, and I knew the plan had hit the fan. I moved towards the door, and pulled my pistol out, and the second I was in front of the door, I got ready to knock it down=

*Fallon*
=he paused for a moment, something catching his eye=
What's that on your hand there Miri?

(Miranda)
Why would you care?

*Fallon*
I trained you, and all but raised you. Don't you think that entitles me to an honest answer?

(Miranda)
=I sighed, and raised my hand, the back of it facing Fallon. It was pale, smooth.....and the engagement ring Jason proposed with shining brightly on my finger=

*Fallon*
Heh, I guess congratulations are in order. Who's the soon to be unlucky groom?
=he raised the pistol, ready to fire. Imagine his surprise, when all of a sudden, the door shattered open, and in walked Jason, pistol already out=

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime22/12/11, 03:50 am

(Jason)
=Okay, just so we're all clear here: Even with the augmentations, and the years of training, kicking down a door, with no power armor, hurts. A lot. It was only because i knew how to be hurt, that I didn't limp into the condo, over the broken pieces of the door. God that would have ruined the moment=
That, would be me. Get that gun away from my fiance.

*Fallon*
=he turned to look at Jason=
Holy shit. Miri, you fell for Vigil's Spartan knock-off?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime22/12/11, 04:08 am

(Miranda)
=the second he was distracted, I blurred forward, my training kicking in, and I grabbed Fallon's pistol, jerking it out of his grip=
Not for a Spartan. I fell for a man, and a damn good one.

=I never noticed it when Fallon somehow made a detonator appear in his hand=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime22/12/11, 04:35 am

*Fallon*
=he pressed the button, and several sonic grenades spread about the room detonated. An invisible wall of sound reverberated around the room, mini sonic booms shattering glassware, mirrors, and windows, and knocking down Miranda, Fallon's pistol dropped, and making Jason cover his ears in pain. Fallon though, managed to resist the instinct to freeze and cover his ears, instead grabbing the fallen pistol, and fleeing out the broken door=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime22/12/11, 06:11 am

(Miranda)
=It took me a few seconds, but I managed to push myself up. Dammit, Fallon was getting away=
Jason, don't let him get away!

=I never waited for him to respond. I just flew after Fallon, my ears still ringing=
Come on Miri, think, THINK!. If I were Fallon, how would I plan my escape? Elevators are too slow, stairs are too obvious.......

=Then it hit me: Fallon chose this place for a reason. At the other end of the hall, was a wall, behind which was an alley, maybe eight feet across. On the other side, was a parking garage. I was willing to bet every credit I had, that detonator of his not only set off the sonic grenades, but a set of small charges he had placed at that wall, making an impromptu opening. I ran down the hall, towards what I hoped was Fallon's exit=

(Jason)
=I ran behind Miranda, my head shaking a little. Despite being faster, I slowed down to follow=

(Miranda)
=I rounded the corner to the hall that pointed at the parking garage, and saw a large, gaping hole. It was maybe an eight foot gap, and on the other side, I saw the parking garage, a ledge opposite the hole. I saw Fallon, still running down the hall, reach the edge, and jump. He flew across the gap, and managed to grab onto the ledge, and pull himself up. The second he was on his feet, he turned, saw me running down the hall, and smirked. That, more than anything, made me run faster, if only to reach him, and beat that smirk off his face. I ran down the hall, and right as I reached the edge, I jumped, flying across the gap. I almost missed the ledge, but I managed to grab onto it, pull myself up, and continue chasing after Fallon=

(Jason)
=I saw what Miri did, and it made me wonder that, of the two of us, which one was crazier. I decided both. I hung back at first, to giver her some room. The second I saw she got to the ledge, I ran, sprinting down the hall, and just like her, I jumped, and reached the ledge. Well, landed on the edge; it was only an eight foot gap, and for a Spartan running at full speed, that was easy. I landed, on my feet, on the ledge, Miranda already on the other side of the safety rail=
I didn't know you could jump that far.

(Miranda)
=I didn't pause to comment, I just kept running=
Come on! We can't let him get away!

=I saw Fallon turn a corner, and then seconds later, the sound of car doors slam close=
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

=engines started, and Fallon's car pulled out, and sped down the ramp=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime22/12/11, 06:36 am

(Jason)
=the moment I heard those engines, I ran to the nearest car, took off my jacket, wrapped my hand in it, and smashed the window open. I opened the door, and hotwired the car. Hey, they teach you a lot when you're in Spartan training=
Miri, get in!

(Miranda)
=I saw Jason in the car, and I ran over to the passenger side, and got in=
Come on,we can't loose him!

(Jason)
=I floored it, and the car sped off down the ramp, and out the door. Now, here was an unintended side affect of my hotwiring the car ( I still don't know how it happened): music began to play, non-stop, at almost full volume, and the volume controls were dead=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime22/12/11, 07:06 am

(Miranda)
What the hell kind of music is this?

(Jason)
I don't know! Who's this thing registered to?

(Miranda)
=we came bursting out of the garage, music blaring. I opened the glove box, and found the owner's license=
Who the hell is Lopez?

(Jason)
Don't know, and don't care!
=I swerved past a car=

Which one's Fallon?

(Miranda)
=I saw Fallon's car, almost at the head of the traffic=
There!

(Jason)
=The car sped up, and we got closer=

*Fallon*
=He was home free. As soon as he got out of the city, he was going to book transport to the near-- what the hell was that music? Then, something crashed into his rear=

(Miranda)
How's my bumper taste asshole!?!?!?
=I pulled out my pistol, aimed out the window, and started firing shots. Not blindly either; I made sure that it was only at Fallon's tires, and even then, once I was sure I had a good shot=

(Jason)
=I rammed the car into Fallon's again. I checked my rear mirror, and saw several flashing lights=
Miri, we've got cops!

(Miranda)
Keep hitting him!
=we left the city limits, and were on the road to the industrial zone=

Force him into the industrial zone. We kill him there, then ditch the cops.

(Jason)
You make it sound so easy!
=I edged to Fallon's side, and hit him with the car, sending him into a spin towards the industrial zone. He crashed through the fence, and his car landed upside down near the base of a crane=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime23/12/11, 04:18 am

(Jason)
=I turned the car into the industrial zone, the cops still a fair distance behind us. Frankly, that wasn't my greatest concern: the damn Pelican they had closing in was. Fallon's car was at the foot of a large crane, and I pulled up next to it. Miri was the first out though=

(Miranda)
=I checked the driver's seat, but there was no one there=
He's gone!

=I saw what looked like blood, leading to a large building, still under construction. Plastic sheets still hung over the empty windows=
Jason, he's in there!

(Jason)
=I got out of the car, and joined Miri, my gun already out. We needed a distraction, something to keep the cops busy. Which is why I had brought along something special from my weapons stores: a can of C-7. The can wasn't large, just big enough to fit into my jacket pocket. I sprayed the foamy substance over the car, and set up a small blasting cap=
Let's go. I don't want to be here when the cops show-up.

(Miranda)
=I nodded, and we both ran for the building=
Wait, you're not going to blow up the cops are you?

(Jason)
=I turned my head, waited until the cops were just parking their vehicles at the edge of the road, then I pressed the the tiny detonator gripped in my hand. The cars at the base of the crane were engulfed in an explosion of flames, the blast taking out the base of the crane, causing it to collapse. End result: a big, fiery pile of twisted metal between the cops and us=
Nope.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime23/12/11, 04:57 am

(Miranda)
=we entered the ground floor of the building, what looked to be an office building. The blood trail went to a flight of stairs, which we climbed, slowly, following the trail up to the third level. We got off the stairs, and headed for a series of room, still incomplete-- most of the walls were missing, and gaps were in the ceiling here and there. One whole side of the room's wall was gone, overlooking the future lobby. The blood trail though, ended rather abruptly, close to the edge of the room=
Jason, I don't know where he went.

=which was right about the time that Fallon, hiding on the floor right above us, swung down from the edge of the fourth floor, and kicked Jason, right in the head=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime23/12/11, 05:40 am

(Jason)
=Okay. Ow. Let the record show that even with the whole, 'virtually unbreakable' bones, Spartans, once given a freaking kick to their un-armored heads, are just as susceptible to being knocked out as any other normal human being. I went out like a light=

(Miranda)
=I spun around, gun already raised, but Fallon was too fast. With one hand, he knocked the gun out of my hand, while the other blurred forward, punching me in the face, and knocking me down=

*Fallon*
You should have just stopped searching Miri. Should have just let it go.
=he walked slowly towards me=

But no, you just had to keep digging for the truth.
=he knelt down, and grabbed my hair, pulling my head up=

Well take a good long look Miri. I want you to know how close you came to catching me, to killing me, right before I kill you. And if it gives you any comfort, just know that you won't be dying alone. Because as soon as I kill you, I'm going to kill your precious fiance over there.

(Miranda)
=I spat right in his eye, the moment he was close enough. Maybe it was the shock of the defiance, or maybe it really hurt. Either way, he recoiled away from me, letting go of my hair=

*Fallon*
FUCKING BITCH!!
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime23/12/11, 06:58 am

(Miranda)
=I pushed myself to my feet, hands raised and curled into fists=

*Fallon*
Alright then, if that's the way you want it.
=He came at me, his hands balled into fists. We traded blows, blocking and attacking. We stepped around each other, almost like a dance. We punched, we kicked. We fought=

(Miranda)
=I blocked each blow, taking some on the shoulder, shrugging them off. I punched him, right in the stomach. He jerked, then slammed his head into mine. A flash of white light filled my vision, and I stumbled back=

*Fallon*
You really think you can beat me? I trained you, taught you everything you know.

(Miranda)
Not everything.
=I sprang off my back foot, all my weight behind the punch. The attack caught Fallon off guard, and my fist slammed into Fallon's chin, my other fist slamming into his jaw. His hands came up, but I stepped in, pinned one of Fallon's arms, and followed with a hook, right to his rib cage. Something snapped, and Fallon let out a small scream. I stepped back, slightly, then spun, my leg leaving the ground, and kicked him right off the edge of the third floor. He flew backwards (or as close to it, considering the strength of the kick) and then dropped maybe a foot away from the edge. He screamed, then a wet, meaty sound was heard from below. I peered over the edge: Fallon had fallen onto a square of rebar, the spikes sticking up, most of them through his chest, and waist. Blood pooled from his mouth, and I saw that he was still alive, though dying. He made a gurgling noise when he saw me, then his head fell back, and he was dead=

Goodbye, James.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime23/12/11, 07:11 am

(Miranda)
=I walked over to Jason, and knelt down, shaking his shoulder=
Jason, wake up. Come on, wake up!

(Jason)
=I felt something shake my shoulder, and I opened my eyes to see Miri kneeling over me, concern on her face=
Miri, what happened?

=I suddenly remembered why we were here, and I sat up=
Where's Fallon?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime23/12/11, 06:08 pm

(Miranda)
Oh, he's downstairs, spending his time as a pincushion.

(Jason)
=I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just stood up. Miranda stood up as well=
Are you okay?

(Miranda)
=I shook my head=
Let's just get out of here first, then.......then, I just need some time to myself, okay?

(Jason)
Yeah, okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal From the Past   Betrayal From the Past Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Betrayal From the Past
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next