Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel   Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Icon_minitime22/05/11, 07:11 am

Quote :
= the Elites begin talking to others in their squads. Discussing why there only seems to be one human on the vessel. the Super Carrier draws near. The ONI vessel begins to be drawn toward the vessel, the SuperCarrier is drawing it into it's docking bay.
As it draws near the Doctor realizes that Sophia is in a Data Pad in the armour case, inside the Helmet.... The Solace has now been captured by the Covenant=

=the Solace is docked on the SuperCarrier=

Why isn't sophia responding? did I mess up again?

=The Doctor is led off the solace and onto the supercarrier, where the Elites take him to a temporary holding cell.=

what have i done? I'm all alone now, at least i have both of my suits, maybe i can break out....

=onboard the Supercarrier=

Sangheili, all i see are Sangheili. no Unggoy? no Kig-Yar? not even a Mgalekgolo... is this an Sangheili only ship?

=Elites return to the temporary holding cell and retrieve the Doctor, and lead him to another section of the ship.=

Where are they taking me?

= The Sangheili lead the doctor into what appears to be a Laboratory of , obviously, alien design. The doctor recognizes an Elite with the Rank of Arbiter, wearing the ceremonial armour. The Elites who walked the doctor to the lab leave, leaving the doctor with the Arbiter. There is silence. The Arbiter turns around and looks at the Doctor. The doctor gasps. as he recognizes the Arbiter, one of the sangheili who pulled him from the flood outbreak, one that he and his team of scientists inadvertently caused. One of the Elites he managed to gain sample DNA from.=

Dr. Oehlberg - "you"

Arbiter- "Me."

Your an arbiter now

yes

how?

you.

me.

yes.

why me?

=the Arbiter is silent and looks away=

The councilors want you to make something.

you haven't answered my question

your going to be working with one of the Scientists .

this is a separatist ship, is it not?

=at this the arbiter turns=

This is Ship is not part of the Covenant. We are not Separatists. We are Sangheili.

So what does that mean, exactly?

It means what it means.

Right, well then who is this scientist I am to be working with? and do you know exactly what i'm doing? or is he, or she, going to tell me.

the scientist will tell you.

and when will the scientist be here?

when we pick up the scientist.

ah, and when will that be?

=the Arbiter turns to look at the doctor.=

It will be when it is.

=the ship master speaks over the intercomm telling us that we are going into slipspace=

Doctor, you better find a chair to sit in, this may be rough.

what? al-al-alright then.

=I find a seat to sit in=

what on earth is going on?who is this Sangheili scientist?

Last edited by Legendarystory on 27/05/11, 01:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel   Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Icon_minitime22/05/11, 11:42 pm

I feel a slight tremor, and then everything seems to blur for but a moment and then as quickly as it had begun, it stopped. I looked around, I felt a little dizzy, it was my second time on a covenant ship, my first on an Assault Carrier. at this moment i felt that if it weren't for the Great schism, the UNSC would have never had a chance at defeating the Covenant. I looked at the Arbiter, who was looking out into space, and remember the first time we met. all those years ago. or, it seemed like years ago, I can never keep track of time, not since that slipspace mis-hap.

=I look at the Arbiter, with pity, and with guilt.=

I'm sorry.

=the Arbiter turns=

It was not your fault

but it was! had we not been so curious, had we not been so reckless, it would have never happened!

that is in the past. what's done is done, what matters is that you have learned from your..... misdeed.

=His resolution shocked me, and i noticed i was panting, as if i had just run a mile, and it was then i realized, the real mistakes, the ones i made, the ones Peter Mitnov made.=

I....... Understand... but i am still sorry for what i put you through, what i nearly did to you...

as you should be. your friend suffered for both his and your actions, and you are still suffering.

since when did you, Arbiter, grow to be so wise?

Since they made me Arbiter. we're almost there.

and where is 'there' exactly?

the destination where the scientist is located.

so i finally get to meet her then.

yes.

I've never seen a female sangheili before.

no. you haven't.

what should i expect?

=at this the Arbiter chuckles=

well, you haven't changed that much after all these years.

= i laugh=

no i guess not.

= we both have a laugh =

she is brilliant, almost as brilliant as you, or perhaps more. who's to say? maybe your genetic endeavor will earn nher interest.

ha, only part of you genome was absorbed by my body, I don't think i could 'mate' with any of the sangheili females

neither do I, you're too soft, and squishy.

oh, ok, i see how it is. that could change.

That....would be interesting....

so what are we doing, researching, working on or developing? or is she going to tell me?

She will tell you.

right then.

=the ship draw near a planet, I get out of my seat and stand next to the arbiter looking out the window into space. I stare in wonder at the planet, not recognizing it. it looked so much like earth, but at the same time, looked so different. the Carrier began to descend into the atmosphere of the planet, smoothly, gracefully, no UNSC ship could ever enter atmosphere with such grace. Its no wonder they took Reach with such speed. I don't even feel the slight tremble of gravity taking hold of the ship. The ship begins to slow, and eventually stop, over what appeared to be a Forerunner city, still intact, and being used by the Elites. or was it some sort of base? the Forerunners always did confuse me, probably why i never studied them, like the half of the other ONI scientists. Pricks. well, most of them. I have a feeling my stay on this ship will be... interesting.=
Back to top Go down
Tenébrís
Apprentice Story teller
Tenébrís

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel   Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Icon_minitime23/05/11, 12:35 am

Do you need a pic of a female elite or are you okay. (I'm serious)
Back to top Go down
http://www.haloroleplay.com
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel   Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Icon_minitime23/05/11, 03:51 am

=vid/audio documentation=

Day 1
=the figure on the screen is Dr. Nikolaus Oehlberg, in his lab coat. His figure is slim, his blue eyes tired, his short hair flat, as if he hasn't showered in days=

we picked up the Elite scientist a few days ago, female Sangheili are very similar to the males, but, there are a few obvious differences, but you would only notice them if you studied lizards. She is not what I expected at all.

We did preliminary research today, basic stuff, on sangheili genetics and their genome, and then we tested me, and what genes were absorbed from the sangheili.

today was interesting.

day 2
=the doctor appears on screen with stubble on his face, but looks well rested=

Today was amazing, well, sad in a way but amazing too.
i found out how warlike the Sangheili are, first hand, and how few scientists they actually have. i also found out how scientists are frowned upon in their culture, so that is why she had to be picked up. she's not in the military.
I learned more about the forerunner building i saw from orbit, they just recently uncovered it, untouched, even by the flood, it was just abandoned, they are still looking through it and clearing out some of the wild creatures that moved in. but everything is intact and operable.

Today we did the same as yesterday, but with a little more testing, I think i've grown an inch or two.

Day 3
= the doctor looks pale, there is more stubble on his face, and his eyes avoid looking directly at the camera.=

today was interesting, we, uh, did more genetic tests, and uh, some of the genes are 'turning on' as it were. so, we don't know what will happen.

but other than that things ran smoothly, were testing some of the forerunner technology, some of it is going through the weapon master first, which is ok, he knows what he's doing. i respect him.

had a thought, i don't really know how old i am. humans live to be between 50 and 100 years old, a Spartan doesn't live more than a few years after training, so it is possible that they will live longer, but what about me? how long will i live? and again, how old am I?

Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel   Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Icon_minitime25/05/11, 02:13 am

Day 13
=the Doctor appears taller, and the background is no longer that of a ships interior - it is that of a forest, with a Forerunner construct behind him.=

it's been 13 days since I began working with her. thirteen days. mostly studying genetics, we have made a lot of accomplishments. but, i don't know, it feels as if i'm doing something wrong. I don't think she notices when i notice when she frowns at me behind my back, or swears under her breath.
When i'm not in the lab the Sangheili are teaching me to speak there language, and there history, and sparring with their warriors. I think this is the Arbiters doing, he doesn't want me appearing weak to the other Sangheili on the ship, less likely for me to to be challenged and killed i guess. or something like that.
Today was much the same as yesterday. more research some trial testing.

tomorrow we will be excavating the Forerunner construct, so i'll have to make another log the day after, or when we get back.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel   Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Icon_minitime27/05/11, 01:57 am

=day 47=
=the doctor appears taller, more muscular, he is not wearing a shirt, his beard is full, his surroundings are the inside of a forerunner building, he looks tired, but his eyes are energetic.=

I lost track of the number of days I've been here, in this.......building. the scientist and i have.....gotten to know each other. Vera and I have become friends, I've learned so much about the sangheili culture, and about her.
I've been changing more and more, i no longer fit in my old SPARTAN armour. I've managed to modifiy my old spec-ops gear to fit me, and i've been granted armour from the Sangheili. but i've grown at least a foot. i'm almost as tall as an adult Elite. at least i'm still human looking.... still light as a tooth-pick though. which is strange. my BMI doesn't make sense...

anyway. we've made progress. Elite super-soldiers. gonna be something else. not that elties would join the program. their to stubborn, and view it as unnatural. which is good, i suppose, i wish we never came up with the SPARTAN program, all those lives we destroyed. But what is done is done. all we have to do now is win this war. and it'll be over. hopefully.

but then i'm forgetting about the flood.

I won't be posting another vid entry. we're leaving soon. so i'll be able to return to my ship. with one of those Forerunner engineers. things are amazing. not going to experiment on it though. that would be... cruel.

So this is Dr. Nikolaus Oehlberg signing off.

=connection lost=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel   Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Oehlberg during the end of Saga II - beginning of Saga III whilst aboard the Elite vessel
Page 1 of 1