Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The tale of two bases

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyatt-937
Not cool enough for a real rank

The tale of two bases Empty
PostSubject: The tale of two bases   The tale of two bases Icon_minitime26/07/12, 08:41 am

Spartan-937 or Wyatt was sent on a mission to eliminate three squads of Covenant forces. The first squad consisted of an Elite and five grunts. The second was a Brute and three jackals, but the third and final squad was where his assignment became more intersting a squad of two Zealots and a Field Master. The field master was a high value target and was directing all offensive manuvers agianst the UNSC in the area. Taking him out would turn things in the favor of the UNSC. They only had one shot at this, the Field Master was visting a very small outpost for an inspection, at least that is what the intel said. But Wyatt wasn't sure that was why the Field Master was there. If they needed an inspection why not send someone who wasn't as important. Tge spooks said it was intended to boost morale but he stillnwasnt convinced.
Wyatt was dropped off with his sniper rifle and shotgun at 10:30 PM just a few miles from the first squads patrol route. He was able to cover that  amount of groud in a short amount of time. When he found the first squad the Grunts were asleep and the Elite was on over watch. They had set up camp in a very heavly wooded area. 'This should be easy enough. All I have to do is kill the elite and then I'm through the firt line of defense.' Wyatt thought to himself as he creeped around to the right of the Elite. He could see that the Elite was getting tired and was about to fall asleep. Wyatt waited about seven minutes until the Elite had fallen asleep then he snuck up behind it knife ready to strike. He shoved the knife into to the back of the Elite's neck cutting the spinal cord. There was barely even a struggle and the rest of the squad was just as easily dispatched.
'One squad down two more to go.' Wyatt thought just as he was ariving at the second squads location. Wyatt was on a ridge looking down at two Jackals and a Brute on patrol. 'Wait intel said three Jakals where is the third.' Wyatt laid on his belly and very carefully began to look for the third Jackal. Wyatt finally saw it just a few feet from him holding a needler rifle it's head moving like a crows when it was on guard duty. Wyatt began to sneak around to the jackal's back when he steped on a branch. The jackal turned just as Wyatt lunged at it. It was able to fire off one round before Wyatt broke it's neck. 'Great now the rest of the squad knows something is wrong.' He creeped up to the edge of the ridge and looked down at the brute and two jackals. The brute was yelling at the two jackals, it pointed up at the ridge and the two jackals began to climb up the ridge towards Wyatt. 'Shit this isn't good , I got jackal number one but I can't afford to lose the element of suprise.' Wyatt looked around for something to hide behind. There was a fairly good sized boulder near by so Wyatt stepped behind it and hid. After a few minutes Wyatt heard chattering that he recognized as the Kig-Yar languge. Although he couldn't understand a word he could tell they were nervous. He could here grass, leafs and branchs being moved or broken as the Jackals came closer to his hiding spot. Then he heard more chattering and then more movment towards the body of the dead jackal. They quickly moved from a phase of mourning to one of let's see if he had any vaulables. Wyatt took this chance to attack he ran up towards the pair ready to pounce. The jackals turned to defend themselves but it was already too late. Wyatt punched the jackal right in the middle of it's ugly face with so much stregth he left a crater where the jackal's face should have been. Number two died on impact so Wyatt turned his attention to number three. He grabbed the jackal's neck and began to crush it's wind pipe it didn't even have enough time to make a sound. Once again Wyatt crawled to the edge of the ridge and looked at the brute. It was pacing and moving it's fingers as if it was thinking about breaking the jackals' necks. 'Well your too late their necks are already broken pal.' Wyatt thought to himself. Wyatt needed to dispose of this brute to get on with the mission. Wyatt reached back and grabbed a needler rifle aimed and fired. The brute jumped as the first round lodge itself in his breast plate. Wyatt just kept unloading on to the brute as it began to return fire with a spiker. The brute wasn't even trying to find cover it just kept jumping around trying to avoid the needler rounds it didn't take very long before there were one too many needler rounds in the brute. Once that last round hit the brute it exploded into a shower of pink mist from the needler rounds and blood.
'Two squads down one to go.' Wyatt had made his way to his next and final target. Wyatt checked the time in his HUD it was 11:23 Wyatt still had a lot of time until dawn. Wyatt was on a hike looking out at a small round ravine which held a tiny little covenant command station and three not so tiny elites talking over what looked like a map. Wyatt laid out hus sniper and sighted it in aimed right at the field master's head and slowly pulled tge trigger. Unfirtuney one of the zealots leaned in to point out something on the map so instead of the field master dying Wyatt got one of the zealots. The other zeaolt imeaditly jumped behind a make shift barrier as the field master did the same. 'Damn, things just got a whole lot more difficult.' Wyatt zoomed in as close as he could looking for a clear shot. He found one near the base of the barrier there was a gap and he could see a foot. Wyatt fired off a round and the zealot fell out of cover clutching the stub that used to be a foot. Wyatt fired again this one right into the head killing it. Wyatt couldn't get a clear shot of the field master but then he noticed a few fusion coils near the barrier. Wyatt fired one round and the fusion exploded destroying park of the barrier. Wyatt ran down the hill shotgun in his hands and keeping his eye on the area where the field master would have been. Wyatt did a wide circle around the barrier as he did he saw the field master his arms burned and broken and a long piece of metal from the fusion coil's casing striggt through it's chest pinning it to the barrier. It was still breathing barely and it looked at Wyatt. It's eyes said it all the field master must have hated all humans but what he feared probaly feared were Spartans. Wyatt opened his outer comms so he could relay his voice to the hinge-head. "Your going to hell for all the humans you've killed or had killed on your command." Then it looked into Wyatt's visor and said in near perfect English "No, demon you will pay when you die and j hole I am there to see you suffer." and with that the field master died. Wyatt walked over to the table where the map was and noticed something it had all squad and base locations in the area. 'Wow better send a picture of this back to base... Hold on there is another covenant command post about forty miles from here...' Wyatt opened his long range comms and said "This is Spartan-937 requesting that any nearby UNSC personnel randevu with me at my current cordinates. I wish to pay a vist to a newly discovered covenant base. I am relaying my cordinates now for pick up..."
Back to top Go down
Kal Skiratamee
Kal Skiratamee

PostSubject: Re: The tale of two bases   The tale of two bases Icon_minitime04/08/12, 02:59 pm

Covenant Keep 0980-893
Barracks Section 28-3
'Kal Skiratamee : 3rd Squad
1300 - Noon

The plasma scorched Kal's hand as he charged it up. He wiped the wound across his armor, paying it no attention and smearing purple blood across his gear. All the more fearsome. Even his Unggoy seemed excited today, the stubby creatures were usually sad or had something else bothering them, but not now. They were chattering quietly to each other and preparing their own gear and weapons for combat. Most of them had needlers, a recent upgrade 'Kal had paid at his own expense. He would not allow his experienced troops to have such poor weaponry. Only the yellow-clad Unggoy had plasma pistols, the lesser inexperienced Unggoy.

As he slipped on his armored gauntlets and helmet, his two Sangheili warriors arrived. 'Ord and 'Zey were loyal and both exceptional fighters. 'Zey was more of a brute force kind of soldier, whereas 'Ord liked to take cover and advance with support by fire. And that was why 'Ord was his Assistant and 'Zay was not, the Minor had some learning to do.

"Brother, Kal" the Sangheili spoke in unison as they came up to him.
"It seems the humans will arrive shortly and our forward observers have spotted a 'demon' with green armor and a golden face visor. I don't know what those Kig-Yar mean, but I'm sure it will test our skill." 'Zey reported.
"I'm sure it will. Notify the other squads and prepare the vehicles. I was notified that a human soldier contingent was spotted moving towards our base." 'Kal replied.

There was a pause as the 3 Sangheili finished putting on their armor.
"Notify the rest of the base and report back to me." 'Kal ordered, spinning to check on the rest of his squad. He hoped his troops would be up to the task of holding off those wretched demons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xSSxProd
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: The tale of two bases   The tale of two bases Icon_minitime05/08/12, 05:24 am

Wyatt was riding in the passenger side of the warthog towards the new covenant base accompanied by two squads of marines in thier own warthogs. They were coming up on the coordinates of the base when Wyatt relayed a message to all of the members of the squads. "Come to a halt a few hundred yards ahead I want to go ahead and scout everything out." All the marines agreed and the warthogs came to a stop. "Ok, keep an eye out for any enemy activity." Before he left he grabed an assault rifle and put his shotgun in one of the warthogs.
Wyatt climbed to the top of a ridge and used his sniper's scope to scout out the base. The base was full of movment grunts and a few elites moving around. Wyatt opened his comm channel "Ok, it looks like their getting their defenses ready. I think one of their scouts must have spotted us and now their getting ready. Try to find a hiding spot and stay there until I find a weakness." "Sir yes sir!" Replied one of the marines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The tale of two bases   The tale of two bases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The tale of two bases
Page 1 of 1