Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another important vote.

Go down 
2 posters

New Rule?
Yes
Another important vote. Empty89%Another important vote. Empty
 89% [ 8 ]
No
Another important vote. Empty11%Another important vote. Empty
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Another important vote. Empty
PostSubject: Another important vote.   Another important vote. Icon_minitime02/08/12, 05:00 am

Recently it has been brought to my attention that some user(s) have been, well, basically bullying, harassing, and insulting the fuck out of others. This user(s) have been defended on the grounds that They are 'only joking', and that such a rule does not exist to prevent such behavior. So, what I propose today is a rule that I personally back, and has been presented at the request of a few of my fellow site members. Make a rule against such thing. Here is how I propose it should work:

They should be handled case-by-case to ensure that each is a fair trial.
It should be similar to the Three-Strikes rule in the overall rules section, where if the 'attacker' is asked to stop three times, they receive a strike. If they persist to earn two more, they should be temporarily banned. If they return after said banishment and earn another ban, this one shall be permanent. If they make another account to get around it and continue, IP ban. If it is proposed that such a banned user has changed for the better and should be allowed back, I, and I'm sure my fellow admins and moderators, will gladly hear the case presented.

EDIT: Additional information: This rule will apply to Chat, PM, and Post.

What say you on this matter?

Any spam posts in this thread will be deleted. Serious talk only, this is a serious issue.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Another important vote.   Another important vote. Icon_minitime02/08/12, 05:44 am

I recommend making the rule say something along the lines of:

Any user who says something that is taken as an insult must apologize for each and every insult given. Anyone who does not do this get's a mark against them. Any further insults will be acted upon in the same way. Three marks, and action will be taken.

The action bit will be determined later, I just wanted to give an idea of the rule

It needs to be said, clearly, that it has to be heard as an insult, not given as one. Any insult can be a joke, and any joke can be an insult. It has to be interpreted, by the person hearing it and to whom it is directed, as an insult, for it to count. Otherwise, we'll just end up getting everyone in trouble for simple jokes, when both people know it's a joke.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: Another important vote.   Another important vote. Icon_minitime02/08/12, 08:33 pm

By near-unanimous vote, the rule shall be added to the Overall Rules section now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another important vote.   Another important vote. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another important vote.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Voting Board-
Jump to: