Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Administrator

Go down 
+7
Felix
Razgriz
Teria
Dewsaur
TrashClown
The White Wolf
N
11 posters

Restore Sui-Generis (or whatever his current username is) to Administrator?
Yes
Administrator Empty42%Administrator Empty
 42% [ 5 ]
No
Administrator Empty58%Administrator Empty
 58% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 01:33 am

Story:

Three months ago, or four, My administrative ability was removed due to an action that I, after realizing the childishness of, undid. The Admin who demoted me no longer wishes to be apart of this site, so contacting him over the matter has been futile.
His words, at the time, were "I'll restore it once "this whole thing blows over"." The response to the action that I soon after undid was purely emotional and had little to nothing to do with my actual administrative ability. He, the Admin who did this, demoted me to appease the sole person involved, instead of talking it out.

So now, after 4 months, I'm asking you to vote on whether you think I should be restored to my previous rank.

To those newcomers who joined after the fact:

I suppose I should formally introduce myself to you.

My name is Nicholas, you may, if you wish, call me "Nick", "Story", "Legend", "LegendaryStory" or whatever my current username is. I'm Twenty years old, born in 1992, March 1st 0310, in Evanston Hospital, Illinois. I moved to Arizona in 1998, where I live still.

I was in the BSA, Boy-Scouts of America, until I turned 18, without completing my Eagle. I needed 6 more months until I could complete my Eagle, That's how close I was. If you don't know what a boy scout is, here's a definition: (I love definitions)

Boy Scout
noun
A member of an organization of boys, esp. the Boy Scouts of America, that promotes character, outdoor activities, good citizenship, and service to others.

I was also a Venturer, another part of the Boy-scouts.

The motto of the Boy-scouts:
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

and Venturer:

As a Venturer, I promise to do my duty to God and help strengthen America, to help others, and to seek truth, fairness, and adventure in our world.

The before before mentioned motto's are what I live by, albeit unconsciously.

Scout Law:

A Scout is
trustworthy,
loyal,
helpful,
friendly,
courteous,
kind,
obedient,
cheerful,

thrifty,
brave,
clean, and
reverent.

If you follow most of these, i.e. what is italicized, We'll get along fine.

I'm an Academic. I'm currently working on majoring in Biology, I plan on at least dabbling in the fields of Biophysics, Biostatistics, and Bioinformatics. I love biology, it's one of my favorite subjects. Next in line are Sociology, Psychology, Latin, Greek, Linguistics, Human anatomy and physiology, Nutrition, Arabic, and more.

I have my CPR licence (or whatever they're calling it now, it expires in 3 months, so I have to get that renewed). I've been through leadership training, and I've been at the head of a research group at Scottsdale Community College.

I currently go to SCC, Scottsdale Community College, because the university I want to go to costs about 100,000$ a year, SCC only costs about 2,000$ a year. So, for financial reasons, I'm at SCC until I can get myself a scholarship. The University that I plan on going to is Loyola, the Chicago Campus. From their I plan on getting a PhD in biology. Though, that's subject to change. (see what I did there?)

Why do I feel that I'd make a good Admin? Other than the fact that I was one until I was demoted to appease someone.
I have experience in the "field". One of the most experienced ones here, on the site.
I've done it before, I enjoy doing it.
I generally do things quickly, if you ask nicely.
If you spam me with requests to do something, you're probably going to have to wait until the next day. (Spamming is childish, if you want something done, ask nicely or don't ask at all. If you're angry someone else didn't do it, don't take it out on the next guy, that'll lead you no where but to more frustration.)

Notes:

Now, being a scientist to my core, I understand the interpretations that this will bring. When writing about yourself, things will seem incredibly biased. I have no doubt that some of this is in fact biased in some way. Moreover, bias is not something that you can eliminate when giving opinions. For the most part there is no such thing as an un-biased opinion, especially if it's of a person. (unless it's your first time meeting them, in which case your opinion will be influenced by environmental factors as well as various social interactions that you notice while in their company. Among other things.)

Having taken Statistics, Psychology, and researched several related subjects, as well as research papers in these fields, I understand the doubt that comes with bias. I also understand how bias affects judgement. I'm not going to lie, I've made decisions based upon bias, and I know as a fact that you have too. This also means, depending on your academic standing, that you van learn from it. However, learning from bias is tricky. Why is it tricky? You don't know what goggles you are wearing when you learn from it. What does that mean? It means that you don't know how your bias influences how you learn from your biased choices. I've only recently, thanks to a Professor who teaches Sociology, learned how to counter this. it may differ from person to person, but the key bit is to remove yourself from the situation. Take yourself out of the equation. You have to remove your emotions, which is a task that is not only nearly impossible, you have to understand the processes that enable you to do it, but takes a great deal of effort. You may often think you've removed yourself from the equation, but often times you haven't. When I say "often times" in that sentence I really mean just about never.

You may have also noticed that I did not include my religious beliefs in this application. This is because, from my experience on this site, users here respond negatively to the expression of such. If you wish to have a discussion about this, PM me, and keep it out of the chat, the last time I expressed my religious beliefs I was insulted by other users, so this is a preventative measure.

you may also notice that I've not spoken about the chat. I'm applying for a return to Administration, not a return to Chat-Moderator. I will not act against a chat-mod unless 1 other admin and one other Chat Mod agrees with me and/or shares my opinion on the matter at hand. I don't particularly like being a chat-mod, as the chat can become quite biased, and where there's bias, bad decisions can be made. And they are. In such a case of certain users I will refer to others for appropriate action as I know that some biases are quite strong and hard to break. The same is true for them.

Empirical evidence suggest that there will be bias in the voting. I ask that you keep your personal biases out of this. If you can't, I suggest that you not vote. This is not a politicians game after all. Though some people wish to make it one.

I would like some feedback as to what I've written thus far as well.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 01:43 am

No. We have one admin,. it was said in the site changes. The admin power corrupts most people and it did to you.

No. Not now. Not again on this site. It causes too many problems.

EDIT: There is also NO REASON for you to be an admin more than you want to. We can do everything apart from create new boards already, for that we have a responsible admin to call upon when we need him.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:07 am

There is reason. Just because you do not see it does not mean it does not exist.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:11 am

If there is a reason, then state it here for all to see. Do not just put yourself forward for admin because you want it and you believe you should get it back because it was said so by a past admin to you.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:17 am

You seem to be taking this rather hard.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:19 am

Because all i see is you trying to win your way back to admin, simply because you seem to believe you deserve it. Especially with the site changes, there is no need or real reason for you to be an admin. The moderation team can handle Chat related incidents and both group moderation and board moderation has been doled out fairly.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:21 am

I will refrain from voting for the time being, however I will say this:

I am not entirely opposed to taking another admin on board, as there are times when I simply cannot be here, and it was suggested to me a while back (By Skip, I might add) that I should make a temporary admin for such times when I cannot be here for extended periods. I feel that if I were to promote a second admin, it would have to be someone who is trusted by not just myself, but the community as a whole. I'll sleep on this idea before I vote.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:21 am

That is your personal bias, Shelby.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:23 am

You still have not stated a real reason for you to be an admin.

As such, regardless of my personal bias, there is no point to this entire topic other than you refusing to accept you cannot be an admin.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:24 am

Once again, that is your personal bias.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:28 am

You are avoiding my point.

Also i would ask that any members who were not around during the time of the original incident, to not vote upon this. You do not understand everything that has happened, and as such, to vote upon it would be voting blindly.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:33 am

As much as I would like for nic to be admin again, skip has a point. There is no actual reason for another admin. We are doing just fine as far as I could tell. There really isn't a need for one.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 02:42 am

NEVERMIND WHAT I SAID!
I got my GW2 Account back, so I'll get back to yall on this in like a year.
(☞゚O゚)☞
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 04:50 am

If anything, just a temp-admin. Should this idea be suggested, I have my own idea to submit. Otherwise, I don't think we need a second admin. There is simply no need.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 06:12 am

There is a need. 1 admin is restrictive. you have one timezone to conform to, and thus limited time to interact with an admin. 2 admin's increases the timezone in which an admin is present. If one Admin is away, as in, not on the site, than there is no admin to administrate. If there are 2 admin, and one is away, one can cover for the other.

The ideal would be that there is an admin always present. Keyword being ideal. since that's not humanly possible, having more Admin's makes sense. Relying on the schedule of one person is irrational.

So, why submit my application? because 1 isn't enough. Personally, I don't think 2 is enough. but instead of sitting back and hoping for someone else to step up, I'm stepping up. I have the experience, I qualify.

You can't rely on 1 person. You need a team, a team that get's along and communicates.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 06:31 am

Look, as tempting as it would be to have another Admin, one is (for now anyway) enough. Hell, it'd be nice to have my short lived job back, but in all honesty it's not like we need another Admin. We have a 3:1 ratio of moderators vs Admin(s), and the moderators for their part simply Police the chat, and enforce chat rules as necessary, especially when the Admin is away. That is, to me anyway, ideal. Maybe if the number of mods was increased, then we could talk about a new Admin, if only to balance things out.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Felix
The Longterm Poster

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 06:49 am

Felix should be admin.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 06:56 am

Fel wrote:
Felix should be admin.

I really can't decide if I should say anything (other than this) to that, or let everyone else get the list of reasons why that wouldn't really happen.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Felix
The Longterm Poster

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 07:01 am

Twas a joke to lighten the mood, since everyone knows I couldn't be admin.
/failed jokes
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 11:33 am

What makes you so special that you can just jump back to being admin? Ohhh God I forgot, "I was one before so I should have it back" You don't see me making threads like this trying to get my admin back, but then again, you're soooo special right?

Guess what? The only thing an admin is needed for is to create boards, as Skip has tried to get through your skull. We do not need another admin, as the others have tried to get through your skull. So how about you get it through your skull that we do not need another admin.

"You need a team, a team that gets along"
Lemme stop you there

Xazhi: Admin
Skip: Mod
Alex: Mod
Myself: Mod

When have you seen a dispute between the above people? How many times have there been disputes from when you were admin and the other mods? Exactly
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime04/09/12, 07:44 pm

Dracotah wrote:
What makes you so special that you can just jump back to being admin? Ohhh God I forgot, "I was one before so I should have it back" You don't see me making threads like this trying to get my admin back, but then again, you're soooo special right?

Guess what? The only thing an admin is needed for is to create boards, as Skip has tried to get through your skull. We do not need another admin, as the others have tried to get through your skull. So how about you get it through your skull that we do not need another admin.

Woah Woah Woah. I can understand the point you're trying to make, but putting it like that is entirely unnecessary. There is a point at which you cross over from stating facts and opinions to just being mean. Try not to cross it again.
Back to top Go down
A Friend
Not cool enough for a real rank

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime05/09/12, 03:41 pm

Quote :
Notes:

Now, being a scientist to my core, I understand the interpretations that this will bring. When writing about yourself, things will seem incredibly biased. I have no doubt that some of this is in fact biased in some way. Moreover, bias is not something that you can eliminate when giving opinions. For the most part there is no such thing as an un-biased opinion, especially if it's of a person. (unless it's your first time meeting them, in which case your opinion will be influenced by environmental factors as well as various social interactions that you notice while in their company. Among other things.)

Having taken Statistics, Psychology, and researched several related subjects, as well as research papers in these fields, I understand the doubt that comes with bias. I also understand how bias affects judgement. I'm not going to lie, I've made decisions based upon bias, and I know as a fact that you have too. This also means, depending on your academic standing, that you van learn from it. However, learning from bias is tricky. Why is it tricky? You don't know what goggles you are wearing when you learn from it. What does that mean? It means that you don't know how your bias influences how you learn from your biased choices. I've only recently, thanks to a Professor who teaches Sociology, learned how to counter this. it may differ from person to person, but the key bit is to remove yourself from the situation. Take yourself out of the equation. You have to remove your emotions, which is a task that is not only nearly impossible, you have to understand the processes that enable you to do it, but takes a great deal of effort. You may often think you've removed yourself from the equation, but often times you haven't. When I say "often times" in that sentence I really mean just about never.

You may have also noticed that I did not include my religious beliefs in this application. This is because, from my experience on this site, users here respond negatively to the expression of such. If you wish to have a discussion about this, PM me, and keep it out of the chat, the last time I expressed my religious beliefs I was insulted by other users, so this is a preventative measure.

you may also notice that I've not spoken about the chat. I'm applying for a return to Administration, not a return to Chat-Moderator. I will not act against a chat-mod unless 1 other admin and one other Chat Mod agrees with me and/or shares my opinion on the matter at hand. I don't particularly like being a chat-mod, as the chat can become quite biased, and where there's bias, bad decisions can be made. And they are. In such a case of certain users I will refer to others for appropriate action as I know that some biases are quite strong and hard to break. The same is true for them.

Empirical evidence suggest that there will be bias in the voting. I ask that you keep your personal biases out of this. If you can't, I suggest that you not vote. This is not a politicians game after all. Though some people wish to make it one.

I would like some feedback as to what I've written thus far as well.

lol, did none of you read this part?

from what i've read so far none of you like him.

It's like y'all are the in-group and he's the out-group.

Not only does the voting seem biased against him, it's biased based on emotional feelings, not logic.

And looking through this site, none of the mods were voted on, and after conversation last night with some members, I think one should be held. It doesn't seem like Boxxy or Dakotah should be mods at all, not after what I've read.

I mean seriously, y'all are a bunch of teenagers.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime05/09/12, 04:40 pm

k couple things 1.i like him as a friend

2.a few members are biased

3.doubt they should either

4.enough with that teen crap several peope here actullly are teens and u make being a teen as if it a stigma
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Here we go.   Administrator Icon_minitime05/09/12, 05:04 pm

@A friend.
Yeah. We are a bunch of teenagers, so what? We can't just instantly mature or anything.
Also, this is very biased. As you've said. I agree with you. But we can't just put that aside, we're humans.
Especially when we think of what he's done as an admin when he had it. Which we've explained to you.
That kinda ends what I have to say. That and you're probably going to be insulted. Brace yourself.

Just to put it out there, I do think we need two, calm, level headed admins.
And I think Boxxy and Dakotah shouldn't be chat mod. But that's only the thought of one guy.

Last edited by Fel on 05/09/12, 06:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime05/09/12, 05:41 pm

Busiest topic in a while and is not a rp one.

Well.

How odd.

Hmm.

BORIS
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime05/09/12, 09:16 pm

A Friend wrote:
lol, did none of you read this part?

from what i've read so far none of you like him.

It's like y'all are the in-group and he's the out-group.

Not only does the voting seem biased against him, it's biased based on emotional feelings, not logic.

And looking through this site, none of the mods were voted on, and after conversation last night with some members, I think one should be held. It doesn't seem like Boxxy or Dakotah should be mods at all, not after what I've read.

I mean seriously, y'all are a bunch of teenagers.

Fel wrote:

Just to put it out there, I do think we need two, calm, level headed admins.
And I think Boxxy and Dakotah shouldn't be chat mod. But that's only the thought of one guy.

If anyone ever feels that a change should be made to the site, they are free to call a vote. The Voting Area is for EVERYONE who feels change is necessary, not just the mods and admins.

EDIT:
Okay, I need to get this off my chest. NOBODY speaks to another member like that. EVER. Especially a Moderator, who is supposed to be setting an example. If this is the kind of example you're going to set, then CLEARLY you are not capable of handling such a responsibility. Let me make one thing perfectly clear: If you speak to another member like this again, I WILL remove your moderator status, and you will receive further disciplinary action depending on the severity of the incident. And that's after MUCH convincing of myself that I shouldn't have done so right when this happened. I'm not going to claim to be a perfect human over here, I've said some shit, but I'm drawing the line in the sand right here.

/Elementary school principal mode
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Administrator   Administrator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Administrator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Voting Board-
Jump to: