Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remove the special permissions from rps?

Go down 
+4
The White Wolf
Moose
zeru
Teria
8 posters

Well?
Yes
Remove the special permissions from rps? Empty63%Remove the special permissions from rps? Empty
 63% [ 5 ]
No
Remove the special permissions from rps? Empty13%Remove the special permissions from rps? Empty
 13% [ 1 ]
Other (leave a comment)
Remove the special permissions from rps? Empty24%Remove the special permissions from rps? Empty
 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Remove the special permissions from rps? Empty
PostSubject: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime15/09/12, 08:49 am

Okay, so if you don't know, some RPs require you to be in a specific group to post, and some to even view. I'm not going to say what they are, because if you don't know, the owner probably doesn't want you to know for some reason.

What I'm suggesting is removing this requirement for all boards.

It doesn't accomplish anything but slowing down the time it takes for a new user to get into an rp. Also, if no one is on who can add them to the proper group, they have to wait even longer, wasting time they could've spent posting. And with some boards requiring admittance into the proper group, some users won't ever see a potential rp for them to join, and we will just be losing a potential addition to that particular story. It's unnecessary and fairly pointless. If a user isn't wanted in a story, you ask a moderator of that story to delete anything they may post, or work out the issue in PMs or other communication method.

We shouldn't run this place like a bunch of high-end bars, allowing entrance only to the right people. Instead, we should run them like a bunch of family restaurants, allowing anyone to come in and throwing out the bad apples.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime15/09/12, 08:59 am

am for it
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime15/09/12, 10:01 am

Well, considering there are only two hidden Rps I know of, which is the Alternate Role Play and the Mass Effect Role Play.

Now, the Arp, to my knowledge, was hidden because of the fuss over it actually being created.

As to why the Merp was hidden, I do not know, but there is no real reason for it to be un-hidden (?) Due to the fact there are nowhere near as many Rpers in the Merp, compared to the Hrp, Arp or Rrp.

So, I see no reason for the Arp to remain hidden, as it has plenty of Rpers, but the Merp due to it's small size, may as well remain hidden, but if people want it to be un-hidden, I see no problem, but I see no reason to have any of the hidden rps, well un hidden.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime15/09/12, 01:02 pm

As the creator and writer for the ARP, I wish it to remain hidden, and only be accessable to members that have my approval to join. It's nothing personal, I just want to try to keep the story within a small group, and only have people I know I can rely on to post in there. If I was made moderator of the ARP group (as I should be) I could put people into the correct group when needed. Other than that, there's no other RP's that need this.

EDIT: I'm all up for the removal of the MERP permissions and others. Just not the ARP.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime15/09/12, 07:04 pm

On the topic of the arp, at least remove the hidden status. If you keep that in place, you are preventing anyone from even reading it. That's a bit unfair, keeping stories from other users, dontyathink.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime15/09/12, 07:12 pm

Not really. It's a much different RP than any of the others on the site. One we don't often talk about either. No. i'd rather it stayed hidden. That way, it's more selective to join.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime15/09/12, 07:56 pm

Skippy wrote:
Not really. It's a much different RP than any of the others on the site. One we don't often talk about either. No. i'd rather it stayed hidden. That way, it's more selective to join.

That's the issue I'm bringing up, it's being way more selective than it should. None of the rps should be open to everyone, or at least viewable. We are writing full stories here, it makes sense to have them be readable.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 12:33 am

I made it hidden for a reason. That reason being a lot of people here didn't like it and originally only Shelby, one or two other people, and I would be apart of it.

If people are no longer hostile towards the idea then unhide it.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 02:29 am

Medic wrote:
I made it hidden for a reason. That reason being a lot of people here didn't like it and originally only Shelby, one or two other people, and I would be apart of it.

If people are no longer hostile towards the idea then unhide it.

People were hostile because it was hidden. Since everyone knows about it, it should be unhidden. There's no reason for it to stay hidden.
Back to top Go down
Anog
Not cool enough for a real rank
Anog

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 03:22 pm

Skippy makes it, she gets to do what she wants with it.

Fuck off now.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 05:50 pm

aren't we a new site and we vote to solve things skip u can't then go around and say ur stuff is an exemption and so far vote looking in favor of gmans idea
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 07:45 pm

I'm saying it's an exception because of what the ARP is. It's by far the most difficult one we have to actually RP properly in. As such, i want to keep it more selective to people i know can actually handle that RP-ing.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 10:24 pm

Skippy wrote:
I'm saying it's an exception because of what the ARP is. It's by far the most difficult one we have to actually RP properly in. As such, i want to keep it more selective to people i know can actually handle that RP-ing.

And you won't know until you let them in. You said it yourself, it's a unique rp here, doing good in the hrp or rrp won't give you the information to know if they can handle a high school rp.

And this discussion isn't needed, as if the vote passes yes, it will lose all special permissions, and if it passes other, then we can see if your suggestion works with other people. And, hey, if it passes no, then the merp and arp get to keep their permissions.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 10:35 pm

Actually i will. They prove it by EP-ing elsewhere. If they can develop their character in any other RP quite well, then they'd fit in with the ARP. As such, i'd then offer them a place.

I personally feel this is totally ridiculous, especially since the ARP is completely different to others, and should be treated differently.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 11:37 pm

skip u can't just go and promote a whole new way of doing things then claim ur rp doesn't have to follow new rules
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 11:45 pm

Zeru. I'm not saying that. I'm explaining why the ARP needs to have post permissions on it. Thats why i voted for other. I voted for the suggestion i put forward and i'm now explaining why i put that forward.

You clearly don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime16/09/12, 11:56 pm

With as small as the MERP is, it should be opened for new members to readily join.

The KSRP/AltRP section is meant to be a small group of people so it makes the RP flow smoother and with less bumps. It's this reason why it should stay how it is.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime17/09/12, 12:37 am

As it sits right now, the vote passes.

However, I would like to suggest someone call a vote for the ARP seperately, as it seems that some want to treat it as a special case. Until such time, this vote passes and shall be carried out as written.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remove the special permissions from rps?   Remove the special permissions from rps? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remove the special permissions from rps?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Voting Board-
Jump to: