Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?

Go down 
+6
TrashClown
Dicemaster
N
Teria
zeru
Kabnit
10 posters

Should there be dice rolls for combat in HRP?
Yes
Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Empty20%Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Empty
 20% [ 2 ]
No
Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Empty30%Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Empty
 30% [ 3 ]
Maybe with some tweaking (Post Tweaks)
Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Empty50%Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Empty
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Empty
PostSubject: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 06:39 am

Should there be dice rolls to decide the fate of a combat-type scenario in the HRP or maybe even others should it catch on? Melee-fights, firefights, flanking opportunities, being spotted, etcetera. I'll leave the poll open until a verdict is decided by administration.

If it were a life-or-death situation for the author's character and he did not consent to his or her death, they could avoid it.

EDIT 1: Advantages would be given to those more experienced. S-IIs would have an advantage over S-IVs, etcetera. Also potentially negating space combat. Comment below your thoughts.

Last edited by Kabnit on 10/01/13, 07:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 06:42 am

i vote no and the info u described would appear to be in ship combat as well
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 06:42 am

Non-melee. Those are mainly just plot devices, and should be agreed upon who wins, since it's skill on skill, with very little variables.
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 06:46 am

Any combat scenario, Zeru. In theory that would work Garth, but the majority of combat-based scenarios are close-quarters. I'll see if people agree with you, and if that's the case I'll revise the original post.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 07:06 am

Hmmm. I think this bears more thinking on. Details on, well, everything. I'm being vague because i have a long list.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 12:01 pm

I once tried building an RP around dice-based combat, and people were not having that. Although, I do think its a good idea, however:

It would have to only apply to RP's where Dice Combat was planned from the launch
The Rules of Dice Combat would have to be different based on the RP, as each one works on different conventions
and there would have to be a pretty big post on how exactly it works so there is no confusion.

EDIT:

And then there's also things like Stat Modifiers, which can be brought in via the Character Sheet (Those of you who have used the MERP site for those 10 minutes it lasted know exactly how that works).
Then there's also things like Health and Mana bars and the like, which can be incorperated incredably easily, as you can see from mine right here.

I have a ton of experiance using the character sheets Forumotion provides, as well as the RTD function, and having come from Dungeons and Dragons, so I would be up for this under the conditions I listed above.

Rolling an Insight Check to see what the Merchant thinks of all this.
(Xazhi has a +4 to Insight)
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
Not cool enough for a real rank
Dicemaster

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 12:01 pm

The member 'Vigil of Spite' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D20' : 13
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 02:05 pm

Everything would need to be taken into account here. Not just skill, but weapons, armour, etcetera. I'll vote yes, but only once it's been properly tuned.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 04:59 pm

MY biggest problem is, and the reason why i suggest we keep modifiers as simple as possible, is that if it's too complicated then people might not want to join in.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 07:56 pm

I will take a screenshot of how it works in the MERP site and post it here so you guys can get an idea for what I had been aiming for back then.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 08:03 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime10/01/13, 11:39 pm

i agree with xaz it should be implemented during start not part way through to hope it fixes things
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime11/01/13, 02:00 am

Xazhi, that's a great idea. You need to teach me how to use those later.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime11/01/13, 04:13 am

I would love this, it would make it so much simple-er
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime12/01/13, 04:40 am

but giga some things like ship combat have too many variables to use the feature
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime12/01/13, 05:32 am

Nope. Too complicated. I rather just go play xbox. <.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?   Combat Dice Rolls in HRP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat Dice Rolls in HRP?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Voting Board-
Jump to: