Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Evacuation of Arcadia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

Evacuation of Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime29/06/13, 06:15 am

As the people of Arcadia do about their business, and the tourists enjoy the beaches and sand. At the military outposts a few kilometers away, they have picked up strange radio interception. It sounded familiar to the creatures that attacked Harvest but no one was sure.

As the children and adults played in the sun, a loud boom hit one of the many towers in the city. People screamed or stood in their positions in total and utter shock. As drop ships and drop pods dropped from the sky, the Elites and Grunts began to kill off multiple civilians. The Military outposts got the reports, and geared up. One of many of the soldiers there was a man named Mark Gallegos, or his 'official' name, Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1) Gallegos. But most people called him, Doc. He and his company, geared up, loaded up, and stormed into the city.

Unfortunately the men here were out numbered and out gunned. Most of the Frigates in space were fighting the Covenant cruisers. It was a losing battle either way. But the evac ships were on stand-by just incase. As the drove towards them, they noticed they needed reinforcements to protect the ships from crashing.

Gunnery Sargent Bernstein, "DOC! GO WITH ALPHA SQUAD! HELP THEM OUT WITH GETTING THE CIVILIANS OUT OF THE METRO TUNNELS! GO!"

"Yes Sargent!" I ran towards the tunnels. Everything was in chaos. The people were screaming and running, plasma mortars were hitting sides of buildings. Worst of all, the tunnels were flooding with people! If anyone could have pulled that off, it would of been our Company of Marines. No ODST's or Spartans. Just us, our weapons in hand, and the bond we all shared.

(BTW anyone could join this RP... IDGF!)
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime29/06/13, 07:50 am

"Hold on ladies, we're going in hot!"

I tried to do everything I could as I pulled back on the controls, as hard as I could in hopes of lightening the landing as the nose very gently lifted up before, at breakneck speed, it slammed into the ground with a bone shattering collision. It seemed like I'd done something right, coz the whole God damned thing had managed to turn and wedge itself between two buildings, blocking off an oncoming payload of Covenant troops.

As well as the Wraith that had taken us out.

"Alright Marines, get up and get packing, coz we wont be in the air anymore!" I clambered out of the seat, coughing a little as my copilot pushed me forward, handing me my pistol which had fallen out in the crash.

Most of the Marines seemed fine; some where a little bruised, but all capable. They unloaded and the whole Bravo Squad broke into a jog as we headed over towards the entrance of the metro. It would be an understatement to say this was in fucking shambles.

"Kowalski, Jetsen, you two lead the new guys around to start funnelling civilians. The rest of you, we're backing up Alpha and Charlie squad. Eyes and ears open for any bugs." The group acknowledged and split into two, as I led my team into the tunnels. "Alpha Squad, this is Luitenant Soren Taylor reporting. How's the situation going?" It was kinda something else. We'd been on planets during invasion before, but this time we hadn't been deployed properly, hadn't been given a proper SitRep, and well... we had to deal with the civilians for once. It wasn't fun.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime29/06/13, 08:02 am

I got to the Metro Tunnel, chaos, blood, bullets, and covie pouring in from all directions. Alpha and Charlie Squads were leading the civilians and shooting up some grunts. As people moved passed me, I waved down the Squads Sargent. Sargent Parker.

"Doc! We have Civilians needing some medical attention. Plasma burns... Bad ones at that. Hold on, yeah this is Parker of Alpha! Everything is going well so far, Sir. Don't know how many civies we've got left but... looks like it is quite a bit."

I ran towards the wounded Civilians, all of them traumatized. As I helped them a loud crash from the tunnels was heard. It also sounded like explosions, and some screams.
"Sargent! Shouldn't we go down there? Help the Civies? They may be trapped!"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime29/06/13, 09:09 am

I was there helping the civilians before Doc had arrived. But there's so many wounded it's insane.
"What're we doing to get these people to safety?!"
I yelled out into the madness, hoping that somebody will answer.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime01/07/13, 08:09 am

I looked at the other medic, "We gotta get them to the evac ships! No other safe area's!"

The civilians screamed, and ran outside. Fires were engulfing the entire Metro and the trains full of people. The smoke had gotten thicker. If anyone went in there, all they would see is dead lying on the floor. Also there was a teddy bear sitting on one of the benches. A sad site to see, and also unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime02/07/13, 02:57 am

I had readied Gold Team for the inevitable drop, and we were waiting in the drop pods for the word for us to go ballistic. The term seemed appropriate, since we were going to be sent hurtling down in SOIEVs, loaded with gear for the drop. Everyone was on a knife edge, but still utterly focused. Dan kept the channel open, and the lack of griping from him was a good sign, in my opinion. Three was silent, but that silence was a good thing for her: it meant she was good to go.

Of course, I was less than pleased with my other two teammate. Nick, my explosives man, was once again going with his tendency to argue. If he was silent, that was when I was worried. Silence meant that man was really mad. I also gauged his level of focus by his level of bitching: the more he bitched, the more focused he seemed to be. My number five, however, was the one that grated on my nerves the most. The only time I liked her was when she kept her mouth shut.

I then hear it over the comms, Gold Team, this is HighCom, Gold Team, this is HighCom. You are clear for drop, I repeat, you are go for insertion." I nodded, "Solid copy," I then switch to TEAMCOM, "Alright, Gold, you heard the man. We're going ballistic. I repeat, we're go for drop in 20 seconds." I see acknowledgement lights wink on, and watch the countdown timer drop.

I then hear the pods drop one by one as our pods scream toward the planet. I thought to myself just another day in the office... as the pods continued their descent toward Arcadia.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime02/07/13, 05:59 pm

As the metro was become more and more empty, the covenant elites were closing and throwing more and more grunts towards them. Drones swarmed up above them, along with banshees. The place was a mess.

"This is Sgt Parker, to Gunnery Bernstein... I request we get out of here... now! Covie's are swarming us, hardcore down here! Repeat! We are be-" A sniper shot Parker through the head, brain matter everywhere.

"Oh Shit! Now who is the highest ranking personnel here?" I asked around trying to find someone who was higher then an E-6. Hopefully someone was.

Last edited by Doc on 03/07/13, 07:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime02/07/13, 08:27 pm

We screamed downward in the drop pods. Everyone felt the same way before every op, because HIGHCOM never gave us the easy stuff. Dan piped in, "Sir, I'm picking up dirtside comms...and the news ain't good." I give a deadpan remark, "Never is, Two." I could see him nod and say, "They're really going to need us, and fast." I nod, bracing for when we hit atmosphere...and it was long and jarring two minutes of stark silence on the comms, the only sound being the roar of the entry outside.

Two minutes later, the pods punched through the atmosphere and we popped the chutes out to slow down. Now...we needed to firm up our plan. Our orders were simple: Aid the civilian evacuation, round up surviving units, and kill anything that wasn't human--a now basic rule of engagement.

I braced for the landing. Not a word was said as we screamed into the LZ: everyone knew their orders, and a plan was best saved for when the shooting started. Then the retro rockets kicked in and the impact was brief, quick, and jarring. Now all I had to do was wait for the rest of the team to come in.

And right as I was about to bang out of the pod, a Covenant patrol spotted my pod. When my team landed...every alien and his brother would know we're here. Well...a little theatrics never hurt... I'd figured that if the Covenant wanted a fight...my team and I would be more than happy to give 'em one.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime03/07/13, 01:14 am

I fire at a couple grunts who got too close with my AR. Then look at Doc.
"Wouldn't it be you sir?! I mean I'm only a E-3"
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime03/07/13, 05:17 pm

I looked at the Corpsman, and looked around at everyone else, "Alright, well what we need to do is get some barricades set up at the entrance of the Metro. We'll camp in there and call in some support... if any is out there. We'll get the remaining Civilians in there, and the wounded. I want Alpha to cover fire for Bravo as they get the civvies in there. Let's do it! GO GO!"

The Covenant drop ships were bringing in more troops. The UNSC Belfast was comm'ing all channels, "This is the UNSC Belfast! We are taking heavy fire from a Battle cruiser! Don't know how long we can hold out! I repeat this is a mayday! We'r-" A large explosion can be seen from where the Belfast once stood. The battle cruiser moved into where the Belfast was. Debris and casualties were all that were seen if you got close enough.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime07/07/13, 06:33 am

As more and more Covenant drop in, the metro station begins to get over run by them. AA guns and Wraiths surround the area. Along with Elites and grunts. A large scaled building topples over in the middle of the city. Cries of help and screams, along with plasma rifles and pistols heard in the background.

As the Marines hunker down inside the metro, bombs are heard from up above. Pieces of debris fall onto the ground, and the sound of flames from the train behind them also.

"Anybody got a working radio on them? We need reinforcements or something to get us out of here, and the civilians. We also need to get some news on Gunny and see if their situation has gotten any better!!" I look at the men and the civilians near me. All scared, some wounded. Alpha and Bravo took heavy casualties so only a few riflemen and two medics are here. Not much to work with but it'll have to do in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime07/07/13, 07:09 am

I'd finished a couple barricades, They were crumbly and wouldn't last long, but they'll have to do.
"I'll just take it off Parker..."
Pretty gnarly, having to take it off his dead body. But I can't say I knew him very well. I click the button and hope it works. Seeing as how I haven't used it before.
"Hello?! This is Alpha company and I'm requesting assistance! I repeat, this is Alpha company and we need some help, now!"
I let go of the button, hoping somebody will answer. Funny how much hope is here today...
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime07/07/13, 11:47 pm

No sooner than I had imagine, my team's pods coming down in a stagger as each pod impacted with a loud crash. As if we had silently commed the orders, we opened our pods simultaniously, my pod door hitting a Grunt with a loud, wet WHAAACK! The patrol turned as one animal to see what had happened to it, and was greeted with a fusillade of gunfire.

Two was the first to give me the dour news, "We can't go back to the Belfast, sir. We're on our own." I nodded silently as a distress call came over the comms...marines. And they were in some really deep shit. I look to Dan, "Two...get me a fix on that signal, NOW."

Two nodded and gave me a thumbs up as soon as he got a fix, "Alpha Company, this Gold Team. We read you Lima Charlie. We'll be at your position in 40 seconds. Hold your position. Gold out."

I cut the signal and gave Gold the signal to move out. We moved as one and beat feet to the distress call. I turned on TEAMCOMM and said, "You heard them Spartans, let's move it." As if shocked, the we made for the metro as fast as our feet would allow us.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime08/07/13, 03:59 am

The sounds of Wraiths became louder, and louder. Elite voices carrying out orders to the Grunts. A few civilians ran out of their safe area, and were shot. Not even a wince of mercy for the poor souls. "I want 5 men at the entrance, and the rest with the civilians. We need to hold out here for as long as possible. Our main objective is to survive, and protect the civilians. Nothing get's in here unless they have authority. Everyone clear on that?"

Being in charge was very stressful, but exciting. Of course, it could be better circumstances but might a well take what I can get. Hopefully moral isn't going down either, if so... Then things aren't going to look very good.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime08/07/13, 05:23 am

Me and a couple other men (Joseph, Lars, Damon and Ash) all decided to move to the civilians. Immediately we're under plasma fire.
We run back to where the civilians are holding up. Thankfully we weren't hit that bad, just a few minor burns.
"Alright, guys listen up. We're gonna have to lay down some cover fire. Anyone still got grenades?"
Lars nodded.
"Good. When I say three, you throw it at the nearest split head group. The rest of us fire at whatever's closest."
I look at the Civilians, all of them scared to hell and back. I can't blame them, I'm just as terrified as they.
"Everybody! Listen to me! Whenever I give the signal, run to the entrance!"
All I got was a few heads nodding. That was good enough for me.
"On three! One... two..."
Shit.
"Three!"
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime08/07/13, 05:52 am

We ran. God only knows what happened as we did it. Every kind of blue and purple and even some fucking pink flew in over us.

I could see Anders running by my side, trying to shoot down the sudden wave of Drones overhead. He did good at first, golden blue chunks hailing over us like some kinda shitty fireworks show. We were doing good, some of us were burning up though.

And then a bright blue ball landed in the midst of us.

I didn't know where it was, who it was stuck too, who was screaming, all I knew was we needed to move and get this shit done, and a plasma grenade wasn't gonna help.
"Break off! Kilo Squad, to me! We're gonna give Alpha and Charlie some time!"

We broke off and away, and began to shoot. We weren't doing much, but we were doing it well.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime20/07/13, 09:39 pm

Joseph dove out the door and threw his grenade at about the time he landed. It landed near two grunt squads and I'll let you guess what happened to them.
As for me and the other two soldier ran out, firing at anything freakishly ugly. Laying down the covering fire the civilians needed to escape.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime06/08/13, 12:13 am

Doc ran out with the Civilians, and the couple of soldiers with him. All they needed to do was get to the escape ships, and hold back the waves of covie.
"Let's move! We don't have much time... Also Marines... Good luck. We'll see you on the other side! I'll let you know when we've made a good headstart!"
As I yelled at them, explosions and plasma flew past my face. One of the Marines with my fell down, shot in the leg, then stabbed by an Elite. I pushed the civilians to run faster, and then around a corner, through some alleyways, then to the ships. Unfortunately, one of the alleyways was blocked by a wraith and a couple of Elite squads. We didn't have the fire power to take that thing down. Left the rocket launcher back with the others.
"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation of Arcadia   Evacuation of Arcadia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evacuation of Arcadia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Halo RP-
Jump to: