Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run

Go down 
+11
TrashClown
117derek
K
Apothecary
Janitor
Doctor Deadpool
The Meta
Razgriz
Xion's Memory
zeru
Teria
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
K
The Longterm Poster
K

HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/01/14, 10:38 pm

>S.G103> Your face is familiar
>S.G103> Didn't one of the others disarm you?

Skye smiled at the memory. One of the other Spartans had grabbed the trainers' Humbler before it had hit him, and then hit the trainer with it. He'd been punished for it, quite harshly. Skye remembered that he had been one of the other Spartans pulled from the company when she was.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/01/14, 10:57 pm

David pondered for a moment, trying to remember if he had been. Normally he'd been pretty damn good with the shock sticks, and he didn't quite remember ever being disarmed by a SPARTAN. He had however been tricked by a SPARTAN and easily caught off guard. Still not something he was totally proud of.

>D> Officially yes
>D> Technically no
>D> Really... sort of
>D> It was more of a trick than anything
>D> And I had to defend the kid and prove to the others that he wasn't just some brute

David remembered that boy quite noticeably. He'd heard the kid was pulled out, just like this girl had been, and in no way was he surprised considering that he'd been able to suppress one of, if not the most well trained member of the entire unit, even if he had been equipped.  
the Lieutenant pulled out a cigarette, lit it up and began to smoke slowly, looking down at the data pad as he tapped the glass screen.

>D> Maybe if I put on some more recognizable gear
>D>
FILE B.2441-F8PI:

David thought to himself for a moment, about how he was trying to convince a fourteen year old teenage stranger somewhere else in space that they'd met many years ago.

"The fuck am I doing?"
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/01/14, 11:12 pm

>S.G103> He disarmed you
Skye put the data pad down, the face was definitely familiar. If he had been one of the trainers, then he probably did know her. She began to type another message, before her watch began to beep. She checked it, sighed and stood up. She needed to go and take her injections. She was glad for them, she was sure that they'd saved her life a few times, but the routine injections were terrible. She showered and dried herself quickly, threw her bag over her shoulder and walked out of the gym.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/01/14, 11:46 pm

Requiem's hologram paced the bridge.
He paused, which made Lina pay attention.
"I want Daniel Lambert up here with Rika at once." He then turned a shade of red. "Lambert. Rika. Bridge, now. Things have gotten...interesting in the fight for Cesaro."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 12:41 am

After the pelican had docked with the December, Daniel had made his way up to the bridge while Chris and Rin dragged Lin to the med-bay. It was a bit of a walk, but Daniel finally reached the bridge, finding Requiem looking.....well, scarlet. "Got a fever there Requiem, or do I really make an AI blush?" Daniel asked.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 12:46 am

Lindsey separated herself from her squad mates and headed into the ships gym to work out, to vent her frustrations out on something. If she could not fight then she would punish herself for it, train harder, push herself to the limit so that when she could once more take the field, there would be no doubt.. Victory would be her's.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 12:56 am

"Cute, Lambert. I should see if that works on Chris. Maybe I can score with a human." Requiem parried dryly as Rika entered.
"Help is one hour away. Three UNSC Battlegroups are coming. We have to hold the planet for a single hour. It is possible, but the real problem lies in who leads the fleet." He frowned.

"Admiral Monroe is on his way."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 01:07 am

"Siri's dad?" Daniel said. "I'm surprised he's leading the charge......you'd think he'd be told to sit this one out, since it is his daughter that was just kidnapped."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 01:09 am

After Marik and Dan intercepted a Covenant ship that they had met and severely damaged before, back on the planet they were on last.  The two Headhunters fired their weapons upon the ship that wasn't much more than a skeleton of its former self.  Without much of a fight, the Covenant ship was left almost completely destroyed, save for the back portion, which was mostly just the ship's engines and maybe storage.  

After their victory, the Headhunters went into slipspace.  Dan was in the armory of the Sahara class Prowler, warming up an MRE while inspecting and cleaning his gear.  A helmet sat on a bench in the armory.  In its reflection was a fully armored Spartan except for his headgear, sitting on the bench, cleaning the slide of his pistol with a grease rag.  His face looked as though he wasn't very focused on what he was doing.  He was lost in thought, thinking of the future, if he'd even have one.  He tried burying these thoughts, but they kept surfacing.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 01:20 am

"You do realize not a single soul knows Siri is captured off this ship? Actually fucking think for a moment." Requiem stepped up to him. "I just informed him what happened. And we are not going to inform anyone. We cannot afford to lose any single man in this engagement. Right now, Monroe is the only hope we have for saving Siri."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 01:21 am

=walks into the armory and sees dan befe sitting on the other side of the bench=

how's it going?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 02:05 am

"So the secret underwater ship I'm sure the Covies don't know about isn't an advantage at all?" Daniel said. "Look let's cut to the chase: Why'd you call me here?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 02:23 am

"I was getting to that. Im sorry securing the help of over thirty UNSC Warships, as well as sending all battle data gathered by our pelican, makes you impatient." He looked to Lambert. "You are Dragon's leader. Still. And as such, i need you to coordinate with Rika and the rest of her team. For what? Simple." The AI grinned. "We are going to commence a boarding operation. Our job is simple: Save Saoirse Monroe. We have two hours before Admiral Monroe will nuke the ship she is on. The Kagatsuchi will also provide us more marines and two Grizzly battle tanks for the operation. Along with our own Scorpions, we can create an effective distraction for Dragon and Blaze teams to head for the location of Saoirse's transponder. But you must hold the hangar long enough to plug in a hacking suite ONI provided me, and upload schematics to me. Is that clear?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 02:30 am

"Crystal," Daniel said. "Though I hope that'll be enough, since who knows how many Covies are going to be in there."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 02:30 am

Josie came to as the Falcon was landing at the marine base. the floor of the falcon was covered in vomit, but one of the marines had at least cleaned her face up. He turned and looked at her.

"Sleeping beauty finally awake? You caught it rough out there. Sorry about your squad."

Josie nodded and took slow breaths. The Falcon gave a shudder as it touched down to rest and she stood up from the seat and stepped down. There she was lead by another marine over to the command tent.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 02:42 am

Dan hadn't noticed Marik enter the room, but he then heard him speak and looked up.

"Hm? fine... just heating up a meal."

Dan gestured to the MRE packet that was in the heat bag. He then retrieved the MRE from it. The bag let out steam as he ripped the top part off and grabbed the eating utensil that was included in the food kit.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 02:43 am

"Right now, we're going to first move towards the UNSC and attempt to get more troops before meeting the Kagutsuchi. Get all your people ready. We are rising from the sea in one minute." Requiem turned away.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 02:45 am

"All me people?" Daniel said. "The only people I have under my command, is Chris, Lin and Lindsey. And in case you haven't noticed, I had to sedate Lin because she damn near tore her knuckled open trying to bludgeon her way through the pelican. No way she'll be in shape for a rescue mission anytime soon."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 03:10 am

yeah suprised those things are actually good,hey remembert that one time we were dropped in middle of nowhere to survive for a week and we did by hiding under the buildings back at camp?
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 03:56 am

"Heh... seems like forever ago."

Dan moved the food in the bag he was holding around with his spoon.

"Will those be the only memories we'll have? Training for war, then war itself? Hell of a life."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 04:09 am

i don't think so we got our whole lives ahead of us

=sighs silently=

finally came up with an idea for our business
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 04:12 am

"That new girl, Lindsey whatever. As well as the ten ODSTs currently onboard the December. They will help.comprise Dragon Squad. Your team will be that big due to the insanity of this plan. Siri will be hurt, so i suggest you find a way to carry her back efficiently. You will need plenty of high explosives to break through the doors; i highly doubt my hacking programa can hack through doors."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 05:09 am

"Yeah... guess we do."

Dan put a spoon full of marinara and meatball in his mouth.

"Hm?"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 05:21 am

figured since we want to help people maybe do a search and rescue thing
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 05:47 am

After he finished chewing, Dan swallowed his food.

"What, like looking for missing persons?"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 06:00 pm

yeah i mean we always wanted to help and we could also rescue people who are kidnapped too,but i dunno bro
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/01/14, 07:20 pm

Skye walked into her quarters and stopped, dropping her bag onto the floor. There were three bunk beds in here, but only her's was used anymore. This had originally been her's, Oliver's, and Neil's quarters, but with the two of them dead, it was empty. She opened her footlocker, and after a bit of rummaging, she took out a small box, containing two needles. One was filled with 009127-PX, and the other 009927-DG. She had to take one injection of each every three days.

She bound her arm, and jammed the 009927-DG needle into her arm, injecting the drug before repeating with the 009127-PX.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 04:32 am

"So that will make around 14 ODST's total......and what about Rika? What'll she be doing?" Daniel asked, gesturing to her.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 04:42 am

"She and Fireteam Blaze will be with you. Three Spartans. Jaryd will keep the December ready. I know this is insane. But..."
he paused. "Sorry. Had to take down a few Phantoms. Seventeen men and women. All you'll get to charge in. Four tanks and hopefully fifty Marines causing a god awful ruckus in the hanger aided by our autocannons to keep the upper decks cleared. Any other problems?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 04:50 am

"Not as much, no. But refresh my memory; how long do we have before we attack?" Daniel asked.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 05:01 am

"One hour." Requiem said.

As the December appeared over the UNSC Base, Requiem opened up a hail.
"This is AI Requiem onboard the UNSC Long and Dark December. On the orders of Admiral Monroe i require at least fidty marines to immediately board transports and come aboard December Actual. We are commencing a lightning boarding of a Covenant ship and require a massive force to act as a distraction while a smaller team infiltrates to.locate a package. Everyone available is to report here now; Kagatsuchi Actual is deploying reinforcements in one hour to relieve those who need it."

December's hangars opened, and Requiem prepared to retrieve any forces who could come.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 05:26 am

Josie had met with her squads handler, completed the reports and handed over the AI. After that, she'd eat something and managed to lie down for 20 minutes. It was more than she got most nights.

She'd been woken up by a marine and she could hear the broadcast outside. Her handler came into the tent that she'd been resting in as the marine left.

"Josie. I want you on that mission."

Josie nodded, expecting that order to have come.

"Except. I want you on the infiltration team. The fact is, you need another squad and you're not going to get one in this base. We can't just waste your talents as an ODST in the suicidal distraction team."

Josie nodded again. Her handler looked her up and down, gave a grunt, and left. She followed him, heading on over to the armoury to grab another ODST helmet. After that, she boarded the ship. It felt good to feel the hum of a ship again beneath her feet. The rest of the marines boarding seemed to be grouping in a corner of the hanger, and although Josie knew it was way out of line, she cut around them and headed for the bridge.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 05:34 am

As Josie cut around, nothing stopped her.

She would find a Spartan and the AI, Requiem, on the bridge. Requiem toying with a rose as the spartan's purple hair spillee over the shoulder armor. She glanced over at the footsteps, hand dipping to her pistol. Seeing an ODST, she hesitated, looking at Josie.
"Who are you?" She asked. Her voice echoed in the mostly empty bridge as Requiem silently directed the forces. A civilian brushed past Josie hurriedly, heading over to scoot under a console.
"Rika. Your team wants to go prep weapons. We will meet the Kagutsuchi in five minutes."

The Spartan nodded and started to head out.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 05:45 am

Daniel turned sharply to look at whatever it was Rika was looking at, he saw another trooper in armor. "Huh," he said, mildly surprised at the newcomer. After everything from the past day, he had reached his limit of being surprised.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 05:58 am

Josie stopped and stood to attention, saluting.

ODST Josie May, requesting permission to enter the bridge.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 06:02 am

Requiem waved his hand, his hologram turning blue for a moment.
"Granted. What do you need Corporal?" He asked. "And do keep it to questions I can answer."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 06:04 am

I've been sent to request placement on the infiltration crew.

Josie stayed stood at attention, keeping her eyes forward but no longer saluting.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 06:15 am

"...why? We have that team selected. We just need the distraction. Unless Lambert thinks he needs an addition or replacement, you're needed in the distraction. It will be hell, but you will have a lot more support then the infiltration team. Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 06:16 am

Permission to speak freely?

Josie readied her words mentally.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 06:17 am

Daniel remained silent as he watched the exchange, unsure if he should speak at all. The newcomer, an ODST by her armor, looked like she was about to fall asleep. Which would have been surprising given that she stood in a rather alert way, her posture showing she was ready to move.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/01/14, 06:19 am

"Granted." Requiem said, aomewhat amused.."not the tightest run vessel in the Navy."

-------

http://www.haloroleplay.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1136
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20