Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell

Go down 
+7
K
Janitor
Apothecary
zeru
Xion's Memory
Razgriz
FallenSanity
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/03/14, 07:57 am

--Victoria--

Trudging through the swamp, the squads made their way to the rebel base, relying on their VISR's to help see in the low light of the night-time jungle. With two clicks to cross, they didn't waste much time.

--Outpost World--

Helix Platoon was making its way to the outpost, stuck in a loose formation that made it so that if they were made, they wouldn't all get killed. Well, at least not all at once. Dawn was starting to come to the planet, and the light was rendering their VISR's useless. Thankfully, no one needed to worry about the lack of oxygen for the planet's atmosphere: everyone in Helix had oxygen tanks mounted on the rear of their suits, and one of them commented it made them look like the Bullfrogs, the group of ODST's specialized in use of jet-packs. There were a few chuckles, but beyond that the platoon was relatively silent.

Then they saw it, the Covenant outpost in the distance. Essentially a larger version of a Covenant firebase, the facility had some extra features like large, Tyrant turrets and a sizable communication array. Taylor, one of the snipers of Helix, hunkered down behind a rock (as did the rest of the platoon, among various other outcroppings they could find) and peered through the scope. "Got several patrols sir," she said. "Grunts and Jackals mostly. None of those Elites."
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/03/14, 05:08 pm

Dan was looking out the window at the Covenant ship.

"So we're under their shields. We should try boarding them once we're out of slipspace. This ship might have the info we need on the package and I don't see a better chance for us to take."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/03/14, 01:10 am

we'd blow our cover so most we could do is sit and wait

=sighs slightly=

btw where'd serah go had some information for her figured she might wanna know
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/03/14, 11:18 pm

Lindsey trudged through the thick swamp, making sure to hold her grenade launcher higher than needed so no gunk got inside and risked jamming the weapon.

Serah, aka Anna had made her way to the armour. Every time she was not needed to teach them something blindingly obvious through her rather confused eyes who seemed to just know it she made her way here. Something about the weapons made her feel at home, safe, protected... Like it brought back memories...
Once more she laid claim to the shotgun, running her hands across the weapon, the cold steel weapon providing a comfort she found unequalled. This weapon made her feel something, or like she was something rather than just lost.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/03/14, 06:38 pm

--Outpost World--

"Alright," Daniel said. "Taylor, hold your position with Estel and Clyde; keep a low profile and provide support for us when needed, but primary goal is to keep an eye on our asses." He got confirmations from the three of them, and Estel and Clyde rallied on Taylor's location, while the rest of Helix pushed forward. "Silenced weapons only, and don't draw an encounter out; can't risk them alerting the base, so take them down quick and quiet."

--Victoria--

Dragon was the first to see the Rebel base, standing atop a small hill. A wall surrounded the base, spotlights aimed at the ground and moving in regular patterns. She peered through her scope, and saw several patrols; soldiers toting HMG-38's and MA3 assault rifles. In addition to that, bulky attack dogs and MAKO Drones were also in use, with snipers and look-outs on guard towers spaced evenly along the wall. "Base spotted......and this should be fun," she said.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/03/14, 05:06 am

Bridge, Prevailing Conviction, Paradiso
12th May 2551 by the human calendar

His steps were loud, harsh, the sound of alloy banging against alloy reverberating around the bridge. It had been a longer trip than the Shipmaster had expected, especially with dealings with that human in his quarter. They'd spoken before long, discussed many things and he had to admit that he'd learnt a fair amount, but it hardly mattered now. As he looked at the projection before him, he could see the lush, green planet of Paradiso. And his newest target. Barely populated by the looks of the hologram, with a few spots of civilisation near the seas and beaches of one of the megacontinents.

In a moment, the whole taskforce confirmed they'd arrived, and Rha' took a deep, heavy breath, his mind racing. No defences. No human ships, no stations, nothing. It seemed like a forgotten planet. If the human had led them to an abandoned outpost...
Activating the intership communications, the Shipmaster began to give his orders.

"The western bays of the continent will be the duty of the Rigid Splendour, Expected Providence, and Peripheral Kindle. Padira 'Gajatee will stand as commander. Ensure all communications and military defences are eliminated."

Soon, the three DAV-class light corvettes formed before him, ready to move out as soon as Rha' gave the word. He waited for a moment, checking all of their systems were in check before moving on to the next designation.

"The eastern bays of the continent will be the duty of the Sacrament, Prudence, and Entreaty. Xyrrta 'Falee will stand as commander. Ensure all communications and military defences are eliminated."

As the three CAR-class frigates moved in below their sister force, Rha' moved on to the third, final, and most important aspect of the attack force.

"The Repentance of Iniquity will be tasked with the elimination of any and all human reinforcements that come to aid the planet. Dehl 'Mdamaee will entrust his prepared legions to both assault forces, to support the invasion."

The RPV-class light destroyer hovered overhead, as it began to deploy in large numbers transport vessels, carrying Sangheili, Kig-Yar, T'vaoan, Mgalekgolo and Unggoy to the soon-to-be invasion forces.
With the press of one small holographic button, the ships began to move on, and down towards the planets surface.
It was time.

"Dehl 'Mdamaee, I trust you will be able to handle yourself. You shall be the shield for this mission of the Hierarchs."

There was no response. Not that Rha' had expected one.
As the seven ships moved on, the Shipmaster activated his luminary - as always. A quick scan of the planet revealed the same thing as always, dozens of artefacts apparently in the exact same spots as cities. Simply nonsensical.
Until Rha' noticed something on the other side of the planet. Something much bigger than he'd expected. An isolated area of artefacts, too far from these other cities and metropolitans to be anything like them.

"Send us to the other side. That is where our artefact is."

The Shipmaster moved with a dominating elegance as he headed to the screen at the front of the ship, his duties already complete. He would get constant feedback from the other ships on their progress, and from Dehl 'Mdamaee on the status of the human reinforcements, if any even came.
In a flash, they were through the void, and back out again, facing the other side of the planet. Judging by the murmurs of his crew, he had been right.

Here, was the artefact.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/03/14, 05:17 am

=shortly after exiting slipspace the prowler had detached from the destroyer and moved into a position to monitor the small fleet=

looks like things are about to get started so might wanna be ready there dan
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/03/14, 11:24 pm

--Victora--

"Alright, any suggestions on how to get in there?" Lin asked.

Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/03/14, 11:46 pm

Lindsey shook her head. "Not unless this shoots high explosive bombs" She tapped her grenade launcher twice with her finger. "Perhaps an airstrike? Maybe they will let us walk in? Say we are deserters though I've heard rumours that other groups help out UNSC forces so they might just let us in" With Lindsey's tone it was unclear whether it was a sarcastic suggestion, a serious suggestion or a comment about her distaste for a certain mission that had fouled up, cost the lives of good humans all for the benefits of rebels.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/03/14, 11:50 pm

Lin sighed, sensing that Lindsey had just given her a rebuke about Cesaro. She really did not need this right now though, and ignored it. "It's just us on this op," Lin said. "So no airstrike. Intel says the people here are hostile to the UNSC, so the second option's a no-go. Our best bet.....is to lure them out, and away from the base. At least the bulk, if possible."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/03/14, 11:52 pm

"There isn't enough of us to lure them out, evade or combat them" Lindsey objected before suggesting. "One of us should light a fire away from the base and set up a lot of trap, someone with a sniper rifle where they can strike at long range"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 12:49 am

"Gee, wonder who that could be?" Lin said almost sarcastically. "It's worth a shot, but even if we get them far away enough, the moment I fire they'll sound the alarm over their radios. If we do that, it needs to be a synchronized hit." Chris shrugged, and said "We can probably do that; but there's still the problem of those lights. We should take them out, along with the spotters on the walls."

"And how do we do that without getting spotted?" Phillip asked. There wasn't exactly an easy answer to that one. "We need to find a weak point in their patrols. Study their pattern, and exploit it."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 02:31 am

The December was loitering in an asteroid field...when every UNSC ship in range, ranging from December to every warship in the Kagatsuchi fleet, like the Iris, was given the same distress call.
"This is Paradiso Defense Fleet Frigate Endurance! We have multiple covenant vessels - no, the Denton! We're under attack by one light destroyer three frigates and multiple corvettes. We have lost three corvettes and the frigate Tanner is breaking apart! Enemy forces are landing on the planet! Garrisons are...are...Oh my god."

The message disolved to static amidst a scream.

The December turned and powered to the edge of the field as the Kagatsuchi battlegroup formed and prepared to jump.
Admiral Monroe left his stinging comments to himself; but he was sure who was the assaulting fleet...
"This is Admiral Monroe. We head to Paradiso."

Siri sat up. There floated the Huragok...and they held something.
She blinked, and silently let them grab her.

Then they put the device on her.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 09:41 am

"You have a sniper rifle if you don't want to do I will be glad to" Lindsey retorted. "I am trying to suggest ideas but if you don't like it don't ask" She stood and moved off to keep lookout, clearly done with the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 09:45 am

Lin made a growling sound, stood up and placed a firm hand on Lindsey's shoulder, firmly twisting the other woman around to face her. "You got something to say to me, then say it right now dammit."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 09:48 am

"I have a problem with your attitude but no not with an officer so with respect ma'am let go now" Lindsey snapped, keeping a slim hold on her temper.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 09:50 am

Lin let go, not afraid of what Lindsey might do. She just wanted whatever this was, diffused. "And what exactly is wrong with my attitude?"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 09:53 am

"You know what is wrong with it now if you'll excuse me I have a look out position to take up" With that said, she moved to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 09:56 am

Lin was about to turn and scream, but Chris placed a hand on her shoulder, and said over a private channel "Don't. I'll talk to her." With that, Chris let go and walked over to Lindsey, standing a few feet away and asking over another private channel "So, what was that about?"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:02 am

"I cannot trust my commanding officer" Lindsey admitted. "How can I fight when I doubt the one person who holds my life and my squad mates in their hands? How can I know that I will be dying for the UNSC and not for the rebels?" Lindsey found herself unable to trust Lin, it was a fact that she found herself a shamed of. Normally she had no trouble with officers however... Trust was a fragile thing and it did not exist between her and Lin.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:08 am

"I get that, I do," Chris said. "But go easy on her, okay? She hasn't been the same since Cesaro, and with good reason." She was probably breaking an unspoken agreement between her and Lin....but fuck it, Lindsey deserved to know the truth. "Her girlfriend, an AI scientist, was kidnapped by the Covies at Cesaro. That's who we were risking our necks for back there.....the person she was--is--in love with, though don't ask me why. After everything that's been going on where that girl's involved, I can't help but think she'd be better off finding someone else, but don't quote me on that."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:24 am

"That AI scientist is also a wanted criminal for crimes against the UNSC" Lindsey corrected Chris. "I don't like risking my live or losing people for the sake of one traitor" She was still hooked up on the fact that they had all risked their lives to try and rescue someone who did not deserve it. Ideally they should have just destroyed the Covenant ship along with the traitor, because the loss of one human traitor would mean little to Lindsey. Even if said traitor meant more to other people.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:27 am

"Yeah well.....for now, it's the past. Can we keep it that way please?" Chris asked Lindsey. "Because right now, we can't have it here. We need to have cohesion for the squad."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:32 am

Lindsey looked at Chris and shrugged. "How can I? I cannot fight effectively when I doubt my leadership as it is a terrible shame to admit when you cannot trust your superiors when you should" She sighed before speaking once more. "I'll do my best for the squad but after this mission I am transferring out because I can't operate effectively nor efficiently when my mind is concerned about command"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:42 am

Chris was a bit hurt by that last statement, that Lindsey didn't trust Dragon. Then again, she barely trusted Lin. So she sighed, and said "As long as you do your best......but let's get through this alive, before you finalize any decisions."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:46 am

"I trust the squad I like to think you get on with the rest of you but I cannot seem to operate with Lin" She shook her head.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:48 am

"Well, like I said she's different now. Trust me, the old Lin.....I'm sure you would have gotten along fine. But that's not important, so let's get back to the job."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:51 am

"I am keeping lookout" She answered.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:54 am

"Good, keep at it for now," she said before returning to the group, and nodding. "We're good," she said over the team channel. Lin sighed, and said "Alright then, back to business. I'll talk to the other squads, set up a recon of the patrols. It won't be as good as the recon we normally get, but it'll have to do. We're going to find a weakness, and exploit it."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:56 am

Lindsey kept herself quiet and concealed observing the enemy position from the safety of her hidden observation post, a rotten tree stump.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:04 am

Bridge, Prevailing Conviction, Paradiso
12th May 2551 by the human calendar

Rha’ looked over the screens before him, showing the defences of the human facility. No reinforcements leaving the base. No soldiers or dropships heading out to aid the now burning cities. Nothing.

“Cowards… Tragic. Hovering over their sciences while their planet burns. They will suffer for such a thing.”

The outpost was quite large compared to other the Shipmaster had seen in his time. More often than not they were more tucked away, underground or hidden. This one jutted even above the nearest mountain, as if it was meant to be a message to nature itself.

As time went by, a human aircraft came into view. From it came a few, and into it went many, as the ship seemed to return to the skies. Whether this would be a patrol ship or aid to nearby settlements was yet to be known.
Not that it mattered – it would hardly stand against even one support craft. Let alone the deadly dropships that would be escorting his teams down there.

Rha’ activated his comm, speaking to Commando Set, Special Operations Officer Dosze ‘Taydumee, and General Dehl ‘Mdamaee.

“Special Operations Officer Dosze ‘Taydumee, you will command all forces in the designation of our base of operations. As soon as we have land claimed, we will begin the operation.”

With that, Dosze and Set were left to their work, and the General and Ultra began to speak.

“How fares the battle, General?”

The veteran of countless battles grunted, as he waved a hand lazily over his crew.

“It is hardly one worthy of note. We have yet to even fire at these human ships; Tuhil 'Samamee and Noga 'Sumtamee have momentarily disengaged the Prudence and Entreaty to deal with the humans on their own. I have deployed my soldiers planetside to assist in distracting the local defences. You had best make sure you retrieve this artefact, Rha’.”

The Shipmaster nodded, shutting down the comm again, sighing. He was sure this would be a success, but it didn’t mean they’d be without losses. Surely they’d lose Unggoy, possibly even Kig-Yar in the city assaults. And here… possibly even Sangheili.

The Shipmaster made his way off of the bridge, towards the drop bays. As he came into the hangar, he saw in two rows, all ten of his Sangheili Commandos, in wait, eager to be deployed.

“The artefact is our goal. If we can retrieve it with as little issue as possible, all the better. Understand?”

They bowed, saluting, hands over their chests, as the Shipmaster led them forward. The best in his crew. The best he had ever come across.

“We will be deployed as always. Two strike Legions will go in to both identify the human facility and to begin the assault. As soon as they have completed their relative tasks we will drop in from above and unleash our burning flames upon them.”

The Commandos spoke in their native tongue of Sangheilios, swearing themselves to the Covenant and to Rha’, and that they would fulfil their task.

Around the hangar he saw T’vaoan and Kig-Yar scuttling about into their Files and Lances, climbing up into their dropship, while across the room Special Operations Sangheili proceeded to do the same. Not far off, Unggoy and Kig-Yar were boarding the many transport vessles that would carry them planetside to establish their base of operations if things go wrong in this upcoming act.

Slowly, two Huragok floated over to Rha’ from behind, between them walking the human. The Shipmaster did not look at her, holding his head high and frowning to himself.

“Huragok.”

They looked at him with their long, unique heads, before following the orders he’d given them not long before, wafting away and escorting the human with them. He noticed her rather unique outfit, one that the Huragok had fashioned under his orders, for the sake of her own decency.

“Shipmaster, what will we do with her once we have received the artefact?”
Officer Thul ‘Undanee stood next to his Shipmaster, looking over the hangar, but keeping the human ever in his view. He was the one who would be leading the expedition to set up base, just in case the mission went wrong. He wasn’t glad to be the Sangheili on the back burner while Dosze lead the assault, but he had to deal with it.

“I will do as I see fit, Officer. She is my prisoner – not the Covenants.”

The Officer huffed, heading for the nearest dropship to lead the ground forces as their marshal.

Rha’ knew there was no reason to divulge her fate. Not yet.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:40 pm

--Victoria--

The team waited in silence, minutes passing by as they, and the other squads observed the base. It wasn't long though, before Lin got a call and said "Alright, Falcon and Shark squads are moving in for a distraction on the west side. Dragon and Griffin are going to take that gate, with snipers hanging back to take down their lights and gunners. Lindsey, I want you to go with the group then hang back when you are well able to use that launcher at it's longest operable range, and shell the enemy. Sound good?"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:43 pm

Lindsey nodded having heard because she was within talking distance. Her radio was still messed up and not working, she could speak with through it but not hear the responses. "Solid strategy..." She sounded pleasantly pleased by it.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 10:59 pm

"Yeah well, it'd be better if we actually had artillery, but this is the best we've got," Lin said, a grimace hidden behind her visor. "We attack in ten minutes, so get ready to move out. Check your ammo, gear, and make sure you have the right stuff loaded."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:01 pm

Lindsey nodded, she was ready to go the ten minute wait was not needed. The wait only ever saved to sharpen the nerves and put strain on the system, everyone hated the wait. Nothing could be worse than waiting for the battle, the battle however always seemed to be less stressful than the wait.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:03 pm

Lin, then as if to apologize, said "We're only waiting so that Eagle and Shark can move into position. Once they give the signal, break for the wall."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:05 pm

"No need to apologise... The wait is what I hate I doubt there is a ODST who likes waiting" Lindsey admitted, it was her way of saying that she need not apologise.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:11 pm

"Yeah well, not much that can be done about it now," Lin said. Minutes ticked by, and a green light winked on her HUD. "Okay, signal is given. Dragon squad, charge!" Chris and Phillip nodded, and immediately broke into a run towards the gate. At the same time, explosions could be heard from the opposite end of the base, plums of smoke visible as Eagle and Shark fired their rockets at the towers. Lin laid down on the ground, rifle in hand, and took her shots at the lights and guardsmen on the towers facing her, paving the way.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:14 pm

Lindsey ran forward and dropped to one knee bringing her launcher up and firing a grenade into one of the towers. It detonated a second later, she reloaded quickly sighting another tower and firing once more. The round exploded short of the target doing no damage.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:28 pm

Chris and Phillip--along with Griffin squad coming up on their right--ran for the gate, still closed tight. It wasn't going to be a problem though, since Chris had a satchel filled with C-12 charges. It was just a matter of getting there. So far, no one took any shots, since they were unable to shine a light and preoccupied with the attack on the opposing side to boot. They reached the wall, and both Chris and Griffin's demo-expert placed their charges on the gate, before running to a safe distance. Thunder boomed from the gate as the charges exploded, ripping the metal apart and creating a wide hole. "Alright Dragon, move in and secure ourselves a beachhead!" Lin said, though she knew this wasn't a real beachhead; that implied they had an invading army behind them.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:31 pm

Lindsey moved forward once more firing another grenade launcher round at a tower. The round flew true and struck down a tower, blasting the occupants into several chunks. She reloaded again, this was all with practised ease.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:52 pm

Once the hole was opened, Chris and Phillip, along with Griffin, rushed for the breach to get in. Chris stopped and looked back to Lindsey and waved her hand, gesturing for her to get over there now since they'd need the grenade launcher.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/03/14, 11:55 pm

Lindsey sprinted over skidding to a halt beside them. "What needs to be blown up?" She demanded eagerly. "Or does someone need saving?" She said with the same eagerness.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/03/14, 12:02 am

Almost as soon as she spoke, a modified Warthog wheeled into view from around the corner of one of the buildings inside. It had been elongated, cut in half with an extra section installed between and turned into a light APC, the turret atop it firing and peppering the ground and metal of the wall with bullets. "Take out that APC for starters!" Chris shouted.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/03/14, 02:19 am

Set, leader of ground forces, commando. The T'voaon gathered his men aboard the ships that would head planet side, armed with their long range rifles, their plasma pistols, and other arms for stealthily taking down the humans.

"On your Order, Rha'." Set commed with dignity.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/03/14, 03:01 am

The next few days were gonna be hell. "Aid" was all that they were anymore, not the high flying ace squad since Gerry and Kyle died because of the rogue Spartans. John grumbled, lying in his rack. Doc read his books, and Barnes wrote in his notebook waiting for those sirens to ring once more. The compartment had been silent for past few months, not a single word spoken to each other. It seemed as though they all were drifting apart from each other on their home ship. Maybe something will change.

Last edited by Doctor Deadpool on 31/03/14, 06:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/03/14, 04:59 am

Siri was being quiet as the Huragok floated beside her. These things knew how to do shit. And hell...shields? These things outdid themselves.

As the Long and Dark December entered the extreme edge of the system, where the Cherenkov Radiation wouldn't be detected, Requiem sent all power to engines. The four Spartans mostly alone, except for Commander Ryan, the ship flew forward, and soon approached Paradiso's closest sister planet, Valhalla. And that's when it happened.

"Approaching vessel, this is the UNSC Oracion. Covenant forces are assaulting Paradiso, and we've lost all of our fleet. We're almost ready to retreat, so get out while you can."
"This is Long and Dark December to Oracion. We are here to rescue the daughter of Admiral Monroe of the Kagatsuchi. We're going in."
"...rebels..." The word hung in the air. "...You're the ones who boarded a Covenant frigate for a package not two days ago."
"The word already's arrived?"
"Yeah. Rumors Monroe was an idiot."

Merely Two days ago

"Lord Hood, let me explain."
"Please do."
"The only way to retrieve the December intact was to place marines loyal to the UNSC onboard. With them desperately needing that package, I took the initiative, then went ahead and placed enough forces to force it into surrender. But instead you tell me down, and I find out I have fucking Osman sulking around my fleet."
"Calm down son. What is this package."
"...Sir."
"It's her, isn't it." Hood sighed. "I can't deny your plan not only served yourself, but would have succeeded where ONI and multiple UNSC ships failed. I'll give the orders to follow your crazy plan, if the chance arises. Next time, tell me."
"I would have. But I had no time."

Hood sighed. "I'll tell Osman off your back. Good luck, Kieran."

Present

"So. The package he was trying to get was his daughter."
"It was."
"Many died I heard."
"Fourteen ODSTs, and lost two Scorpion tanks and one Falcon."
"Wow. The rumors made it sound like an entire battlegroup."
"Pff. Idiots." Requiem seethed. "He knew better."
"What now then?" The man paused. "Who is this, by the way."
"Ai Requiem."
"Commander Kyoshiro Yamato."
"Commander Yamato. I need your help."
"Oracion has seen many die. We've lost our own, and were forced to watch once while an Elite butchered marines. He then took a nurse, and as she begged for mercy, he sliced her legs off...as she bled out, he slowly cut open her stomach, and as she coughed up her own blood he ripped out her heart after sawing her chest open."
"...I..." Requiem couldn't find a response. "How?"
"We broke in. As he looked up, her heart still beating, we pulled out a rocket launcher. We blew him to pieces, and after the pieces settled, we took a rifle and shot every bit until it was paste. And you know what the UNSC said?"
Requiem knew that one. "Casualties happen. Suck it up. But I didn't ask for your story of tragedy."
"You asked for my help. And now your Spartans know why my crew will help you. What must we do?"

Requiem actually smiled. "I'll need every ODST you have, and how much longer until you are battle worthy."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/03/14, 08:22 am

"Consider it already dead" With that done she sighted the apc, adjusted her aim and then pulled the trigger. The round detonated on the side of the apc rocking it heavily and peppering it with shrapnel.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/03/14, 05:35 pm

While it was effective, the grenade didn't really kill the APC. Shrapnel tore into the metal, and in some of the weaker spots it even tore through it. But the gunner was still alive, albeit injured, and they continued firing. "Dammit, try again!" Chris shouted.

--Outpost World--

As the rest of Helix advanced, Taylor and her sniper team did what Daniel asked and provided cover. As she peered through the scope, she spotted a patrol of grunts, and was surprised to see it being led by an Elite; and it was close to Daniel's group. "Sir," she whispered over the team channel, "Covie patrol coming up on your ten a'clock, grunts and a single Elite." Daniel held up a fist, stopping the group while whispering over the comm for everyone else that wasn't in his vicinity to keep moving. "On my mark Taylor, drop the Elite and we'll handle the grunts."
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime03/04/14, 03:43 am

The Wasp was silent. Floating in space waiting for the Admirals orders to proceed with sending troops topside. The Captain called over the 1MC, "This is the Skipper speaking, all Spec Ops teams report to the bridge immediately! Skipper out!"

John grunted getting out of his rack,"Now what? We're just doing a peaceful aid mission... nothing fancy.." The rest of Achilles and the other 8 spec-op teams went to the bridge as ordered. Talking amongst themselves and asking why they were here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell   HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP reboot - Chapter 3: Freedom's Bell
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next