Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Empty
PostSubject: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime01/12/14, 03:56 am

Quote :
Code:

Primary Mission Objective: Complete

Casualties:
    CPT Katherine Winters - One 14.5x114mm round through torso. Status: IN SURGERY.
    CPL Ryan Jackson - Confirmed KIA.
    LCPL Aaron O'Reilly - MIA, Suspected KIA
    CPL Nikola Ohno - 1 7.62x51mm through calf. Status: Treated
    LCPL Juliet Gallois -  Impaled by spike trap. Infected wound. Status: CRITICAL.
    PVT Marcus Weston - 1 7.62x51mm through upper arm. Status: Treated

<REDACTED> MIA
    <REDACTED> MIA
    <REDACTED> MIA
    <REDACTED> MIA
    <REDACTED> Multiple lacerations. Multiple burns. Status: CRITICAL

Because of her infection, Juliet Gallois will be kept on extended medical leave.

Because of his minor insubordination, Marcus Weston will be sent back to marine boot camp. He must also go through ODST selection and boot camp, should he wish to rejoin the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers.

Because of him disobeying a direct order, Nikola Ohno was almost discharged from the Marine Core. A short inquiry found that he had been attempting to aid his commanding officer, and was subsequently demoted to private and sent to a reconditioning centre for three months.

Gunnery Sergeant Eliza Thorn was promoted to First Sergeant.

Corporal Emma Rose was promoted to Sergeant.

Six Months After Viper Incident

The reminder of Sahara is called to the UNSC Prowler Midnight Dreary a week after Winters passes full recovery. After a short rest and relaxation they are approached by a high ranking officer from within the Spartan Corps. He passes each of them an envelope and leaves.

Katherine Winter
Spoiler:

Eliza Thorn
Spoiler:

Emma Rose
Spoiler:

Nikola Ohno
Spoiler:

Sahara team accepted on the spot.

Two Weeks After Invitation

Eliza stood in the hanger bay. It was deathly quiet after the pelican that dropped them here had left. Dim too. There was a large bay door at one end. She knew they were planet side, but she couldn't tell you where.

Eliza gave a sigh and hefted her bag onto her shoulders. The first week was training, running basic fitness tests and drills. Then on Monday, the worst bit came. They received their augmentations. It was Thursday before Eliza was able to walk again. They'd assured her that was normal.

She blinked out of the memory and stretched a little. She still felt quite stiff to be honest, and it was a little weird getting used to her new body. She could feel how much stronger she was, and even in the dimness of the hanger, her new eyes could pick out all the little details.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime01/12/14, 04:48 am

"Once upon a Midnight Dreary, while I pondered weak and weary, over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore..." Whispered Nikola. How clever of someone, to name a ship after such a depressing poem by such a self destructive poet. He sighed. Weak and weary indeed, a nap was in much need.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime01/12/14, 06:38 am

Emma stretched and yawned, 'cracking' her shoulder blades and many of her other bones. Ever since the augmentations she'd had trouble sleeping, but she'd been told there were side effects. From what she knew, she'd gotten off lucky.

She leant down and grabbed her bag, before opening the doors before her, as she entered the dimly lit hangar. It was busy, as ever, but something about it felt so different. Emma looked around and smiled, as she spotted a few buttons on the other side of the hangar bay.

"I'll never get used to these new eyes."

She moved down to the main area of the hangar, and smiled as she neared a recognisable face.

"It's nice to see you again, Captain."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime01/12/14, 12:10 pm

I stood in the brightly lit hangar, datapad in my hand as I went over the requisition delivered for my team. The Spartan Corps had a lot of freedom in terms of gear for its members, our armour had been fully customised, but that wasn't on board the Midnight Dreary, seeing as they didn't have the facilities to house an active Spartan Fireteam.

"You too, Sergeant Rose," I said, looking up at her from my datapad, "I heard you nailed the bastard that shot me. Thanks."
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime01/12/14, 12:28 pm

Emma simply bowed her head, smiling to the captain and stretching again, still feeling a little tight. She'd not gotten a good nights rest since Rio, and that had only been a few hours after her meet up with Rha'. It was always fun seeing her friends back home, even if it was only for a short while.

"Just doing my civic duty, ma'am. Not like I'm gonna let some innie get away with harming two of my teammates."

She smiled widely, happily. She was personally still quite proud of that kill; while innies weren't much compared to the things she'd dealt with earlier in her career, it was still hard to hit a target like a sniper, especially when moving.

"If you don't mind my asking ma'am, how've you been? I hope you recovered well from the injury."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime01/12/14, 12:35 pm

Eliza limped her way over to Winter and Rose and gave them a short nod. They were clearly in the middle of talking right now so she just stayed quiet.

Ohno was here too, but he hadn't come over yet.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime01/12/14, 05:30 pm

"I was given the all clear a week before we came here. The bullet somehow missed everything important, but I'm not complaining." I nodded to Eliza as she approached. "First Sergeant."
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime02/12/14, 03:38 am

Nikola saw a group of his squadmates gathering about. He turned and looked into some reflective surface. He looked tired. Bags forming under his eyes. Gaunt. The implantation process for becoming the Spartan he was not good to him. His body seldom did well beneath the knife. He hadn't slept well since training and implantation began. The psychologist had mentioned something about some PTSD as a result from the mission months and months ago. The sooner he accepted it, the better. Or so the Psychologist told him. He was still fit for duty, by the Psych Eval, but he had to take, on occasion, some form of sleeping pill at night. It was the only way he could sleep. The explosion that killed that spartan team still fresh in his mind. In a moment, some of the best soldiers humanity could offer died at human hands. He sometimes dreamed of the explosion. The suddenness of it. He could clearly imagine his body rolling over on the ground, debris falling and bouncing off of him. The look of the captain when he first saw her. Then her going back, and him attempting to follow. The sight of the gunship. The death of those spartans. The dirt falling from the sky, the smell of scorched earth. He closed his eyes, trying to clear it from his mind. It was always like this, once he started thinking of it, it just flashed before his eyes. His hands trembled a bit. He needed some rest. He looked again over at his comrades. Could he really serve with them again? Did he have it in him? Had he changed since the mission had time to sink in? Would they notice? He sighed. There was only one way to find out.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime16/12/14, 07:01 pm

[So, when are you guys going to post?]
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime17/12/14, 03:15 am

[OOC: I was expecting Skip or Kristy to take this somewhere. We've pretty much all said our hellos.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time   Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireteam Viper, Chapter 1: Training Time
Page 1 of 1