Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World

Go down 
+2
Razgriz
Xion's Memory
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime03/01/15, 09:15 pm

"New plan," James agreed with Effigy (though he felt Shifter was better). "They'll know we're here, so we press forward. Shadow and I go first." As he spoke, more thugs appeared, running up the stairs from ahead into the room, weapons training on them. "Crap, move!" Revenant barked, diving to the side as a hail of bullets came at them.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime03/01/15, 09:25 pm

Marcus looked up as he saw the hail of bullets rain down. Something snapped in Marcus metal mind. A leak of pure Darkness from Darks mind mixed with Marcus's sent him over and soon his armour grew over his body and tendrils surrounded him, lashing out at anything he came across. He stood up as the tendrils moved in front of Marcus to stop bullets and any that passed through lodged themselves in the armor he wore. "Fight all you want little piggys. You all will eventually be slaughtered." Marcus said in a demonic voice that boomed throughout the room while the tendrils, with a flick of Marcus's wrist charge at the shooters, taking three of the them down with chest and head shots with the force that they carried. But like all things his mind fought back against the lust for slaughter and realising where he was, Marcus dived behind a pillar that was to the left of him. "Did I kill anyone?" He asked almost jokingly in his demonic tone.

Bella moved from her spot where she knocked the guard unconscious and began to creep quietly towards the shooters. Shadow had taken three down in his mood and Bella had to stop thinking about what would happen if he turned on them when another one of his moods popped up.

Last edited by shadowolf on 03/01/15, 09:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime03/01/15, 09:39 pm

James flanked them, moving from the side as he came up on their right. He grabbed one of their guns in his right hand, and used his left to slam into the owner's throat, briefly crushing their windpipe and leaving them choking for air. Using the extra strength, he kicked the man's right shin, breaking the bone and sending him down as he yanked the gun out of his hands and used it as a club to smack the other with.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime03/01/15, 09:54 pm

Marcus stayed where he was to rest a little while trying to figure out where how he had moved to the open and why. Seems we melded together a little too much human. Dark informed him but Marcus only shook his head.

"You think."

Bella seeing how Rev flanked on of them and since she was left of them charged at the final gunman that was turning towards Revanant. When she was close enough she lifted her right leg and kicked the back of his knee, surprising and unbalancing the guard Bella then ripped the gun from his hands before using the butt of it to slam the guards head in.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime03/01/15, 11:29 pm

"Should be clear," Revenant said. He hissed a little, as the nanites finally took the pause to heal him. The bullets that had dug into his body were ejected, painfully and popped out from the nano-epidermis, clattering on the floor as the machines then replicated into his flesh, sealing the holes. "We keep moving down."

Further down in his lab, the Chemist could see on the monitors how his thugs were taken out so easily. Revenant, and his newfound friends, were here. He stood up, looking across the room to the line of men, six in total, standing there, waiting. Unlike the ones upstairs, these were no normal men, not anymore at least. The Chemist had perfected the steroidal compound he used for the Berserkers, and used his volunteers to successfully test it. Each stood six feet tall, and were heavily muscled. Unlike Berserkers though, they still had their minds, a valuable asset. "Well gentlemen," the Chemist said casually, "care to show our intruders the door?" They nodded, and left the room, leaving the Chemist to watch and enjoy the show.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime03/01/15, 11:40 pm

Marcus finally sat up from his break and moved towards where Bell and Rev where "Hate to ask again, but plans from here?" Bella nodded her head to this and waited for Rev. He was like a leader to this merry band of psychopaths and mutants.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 01:06 am

Before Revenant could answer, Gestalt screamed at him in his mind to dive, but he was too busy asking why when something big slammed into his back. It carried him past Shadow and Effigy, and through one of the columns in the room. That hurt, a lot, and whatever force it was shoved him away, giving him a chance to roll and see what it was.

It was a man, six foot tall.....and like a Berserker, laden with muscle, evident beneath the shirt he wore. And there were five more coming up the stairs, the rest going for Shadow and Effigy, while the first charged at James again.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 01:19 am

I stopped in the doorway, still hidden from view, my mouth open in excitement. The man in armour, the one who had just been attacked, had been one of the two people their when I'd had my throat torn out. The two with him I didn't recognise, but for them to be with him, they must have been like that girl. My mouth grew even wider as I came up with a plan, those things attacking them had no idea I was here, and as far as I could tell, neither did any of them. A blade, like that on a razor, formed along the edge of my little finger, and I used it to cut my head, the blood spreading across my face and completely hiding it.

I dropped down, a large, two-headed axe replacing the razor, and charged forwards, swinging it at the monster closest to me.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 01:31 am

Marcus almost gave a slight chuckle to what happened to Rev but he had his own problems. Two of them walked towards Marcus as he formed a few tendrils from his chest. Somethings wrong. He thought to himself as the Brutes began to charge. Marcus rolled to the side but the second one was able to stop himself and delivered a right hook into Marcus that sent him into a nearby pillar.

Bella backed up as one of the brutes headed towards her. Two with shadow, one with Rev and one with me and wheres the other two. Bella thought to herself as she saw a another meta run towards the fifth brute. Bella herself Ran around several crates and pillars with the faster more coordinated brute close behind but was still able to lose track. When it turned from her view she shifted. A muscled cougar now stood where Bella once was, the cloths ripped and shredded. She charged at the Brute, pouncing on its back with razor sharp claws and strengthen teeth piercing flesh. While Bella left a hefty Injury on the brutes Back it in retaliation rammed itself into a pillar with Bella taking the brunt of both front and back.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 02:34 am

Revenant quickly stood, forming a shield to block the incoming charge. When the Brute hit, he slid back a few feet as the bulk of muscle rammed against the shield.....then they got smart, grabbing the edge and lifting, swinging Revenant by the arm and sending him flying into a wall. He hit the tiled surface, denting it as the tiles cracked. Before he could even fall, the Brute came at him again, landing a punch in his gut with enough force to make James' eyes bug out beneath the mask, and Gestalt informed him of two rib fractures. Enough, I have to fight back!

He kicked off with two feet on the Brutes chest, sending them skidding back and giving him room to launch himself forward, a right cross landing on the jaw with enough force to break bone.....if they were normal density. The compound the Brutes took reinforced their bones, and all it did was make his head turn with the punch before glaring at Revenant, and punching him in turn.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 02:58 am

Marcus recovered from the attack and quickly moved as the brutes charged over. Marcus called forth two tendrils and shaped them into spear like vines that he sent into one of the approaching brutes. The two vines targeted the chest and hit digging in to where the lung and heart would usually be but from the fact the brute was still coming Marcus realised he missed. As the brute was about to swing upon reaching Marcus he quickly melted into the floor as a shadow and moved behind the mutant before sending more spear like tendrils into the brute, hearing it screech in pain. Marcus had all but forgotten the second one and soon was quickly sent into another pillar.

Bella although being crushed between two walls of muscle and crement was fairly untouched. And unusually for a cougar rolled away as the brute tried to slam her lying body. Bella quickly rebalanced herself and charged past the brute while slicing his leg with her left claw but only received a grunt of pain from the brute. Someone please help me. She thought to herself as she knew that one brute was going to be trouble to deal with.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 03:24 am

My axe cut right down on the thing's spine, even if it didn't go through, it'd hurt like hell. Yanking my arm away and barely jumping back in time to avoid the fist swinging towards me, I scanned for any chances to bring him down. I landed, kicking dust everywhere as I slid, and sneezed. Sick of being in this dusty place, I charged forward, swinging my weapon at my enemy's wrist, trying to sever it. I failed, and it grabbed me by the throat.

While I was trapped here, as it prepared to kill me, I noticed something. It was mostly a human. I smiled and pointed my index finger at its face, a solid stream of sharpened blood flying out towards it.
"Dead." I whispered as it tore through the left eye, where it would then, I had hoped, to go right through the brain. Instead, I was thrown into the wall, it cracking under the impact as the tendril ripped through the monster's eyesocket. It was injured, but it certainly didn't look dead. Annoyed by the theft of my win, I rolled away from the massive fist flying down towards my head.

Last edited by Kristy on 04/01/15, 03:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 03:29 am

Revenant was still fighting his own brute, and resorted to forming one hand into a blade, moving to stab the heart and make it quick. He was surprised though, when upon penetration, he did not go as deep as he had hoped. What the hell?

Like the Berserkers, these individuals have increased muscle and bone density. Penetrative attacks will have limited effect.

Yeah glad to know, Revenant thought. He pulled back, putting some space between them before letting his right hand form into a heavy sphere, before it dropped down, attached to a growing cable from his wrist. "Alright tiny," he growled. "Come and get some." The Brute gave a pause, which told James they weren't mindless like Berserkers. They could think and reason....which was bad, as evidenced by this one when tore a trash can from the ground, which was saying something since all the trash cans in the terminal were bolted to the freaking floor. He held it at the ready, almost like a shield, and charged. Revenant could only shout in challenge, swinging his arm and sending the wrecking ball at the brute, who knocked it away with the trashcan before using the weapon to smash into Revenant.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 06:09 am

"How.. many pillars are their?" Marcus asked himself as he rose from the second pillar he's been thrown at. The brute that threw him their was now charging at Marcus. Marcus waited their. And as soon as the brute was about to send a fist into his chest the brute did only it's fist went straight through Marcus's torso and into the damaged pillar where it's fist got lodged. Marcus looked down at the arm of the brute before laughing and summoning a few tendrils to restrain the brutes other hand. Marcus then walked forward a little with his torso still surrounding the brutes Arm he covered both his arms in darkness and started to push in the eyes of the brute before pulling both of the eye out.

Bella was deploying hit and run tactics. Swipe the legs or waist then hide. pounce the back then hide. The brute she was facing now had deep wounds all over with his body and his face was badly damaged. Again Bella had to be careful as the brute knew where she could pounce from and how after all the times she has already done so. She moved carefully around the smashed boxes as the nearly blind brute searched for her and she soon found her mar. The brute was turned away from Bella and left a Neck that had been weaken down. She pounced and sank her teeth into the brutes soft flesh and felt the bone of a spinal column. she started to shake her jaws until she heard the crack of a bone and the brute fell. "One... down."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/01/15, 07:51 am

The attack sent Revenant flying, but he reacted in time, firing his cables on either side of the brute behind them, securing into the columns before he sling-shot back into it, legs straightened into a powerful kick. He sent the guy down, crouched on their chest as he began hammering away at their head to knock them out. When the Brute was bleeding on the ground, Revenant stood up and contacted Paladin. "Paladin, time for your entrance! Blow the roof!"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 07:49 pm

"Hey boss... I got the girl just like you commanded, still want me to bring her to you?" A voice spoke through a radio to the Chemist. "She fought like a devil that one, we'd barely gotten away when one of those foolish heroes arrived... I think there might be a connection." The man seemed to crackle and spark with electrical energy, similar to how Lauren would or could with her gauntlets on. But where as Lauren could only use her powers then, he could not, he drove the van with rubber gloves on, he could shock anyone when the gloves were off.

In the back of the Van, asleep through the use of a chemical, lay Lauren, gagged, tied up, bag over the head, you know the typical Damsel in distress affair.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:00 pm

While the fight went on, the Chemist responded to the call. "Good work, bring her back here and get ready for a fight. The heroes are in my home and taken out some of your brothers. Take them down."

There were two of the Brutes down, and one blinded though still thrashing around in a rage. Revenant also finally managed to take notice that someone who was previously dead, was up and about......fighting the Brutes? He barely had time to think on this before another of the Brutes came at him, swinging with a left cross that made James move back and swing both his arms out at the Brutes neck. The nanites shot out as cables, both wrapping and bonding like a lasso around the Brute's neck, and Revenant then twisted with his hips, shouting in effort as he lifted the brute off the ground and spun halfway before releasing, sending it flying. It chipped off one of the pillars, and slammed into a thin wall, winding up in a bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:07 pm

"Save the silvery one for me if possible... I want to see if he can fry." He replied as he drove on eventually arriving at the fight. He dismounted picking up Lauren easily and slinging her over a shoulder. He walked off whistling out of tune, as if this was just another days work.

He avoided the fighting and arrived at the Chemist's lair where he deposited Lauren onto the floor with little care. "There she is one girl... Now you said something about a rodent infestation?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:15 pm

The Chemist took Lauren, tying her to a chair as he said absently "Da, in the main room upstairs. Just follow the sound of fighting." He moved to one of his cabinets, grabbing a vial and loading it into an auto-injector. "See what you can do."

They weren't down long, the Brute Revenant sent through a wall. Clambering back up to their feet, they growled and glared at him, murder in their eyes. "Bring it on asswipe, I've taken down bigger!" Revenant shouted. Breaking into a run, they came at him full speed, and he dodged the attack, dipping to the left and pushing off from a column, jumping into the air and forming a blade. Sorry about this.... he thought, a blade forming from his hand and landing down on their neck. And it didn't go all the way through, their bones stronger. "Crap!" he shouted, even as they turned on him, grabbing him by the sword and slamming him into the column.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:15 pm

Marcus feeling his body starting to recombine itself moved himself out of the Brutes arm. His body now very attackable he moved some darkness to his arms again and allowed his snakes to appear. Each one took a bite at the brutes face and started to crush the blind brutes face until it stopped struggling and slumped with a arm still in the pillar and Marcus finally released the other arm from the darkness. As Marcus thought he was done a Brute grabbed him by the waist and immediately threw him into a wall near Bella, Dark worked quick to armour his human host but Marcus still felt a lot of pain.

Bella done with her brute watched as Marcus was pegged at the wall near her and moved to him. Seeing he was okay and covered in armour she moved to the closing brute that had thrown him to distract. When Bella was within arms reach the brute had tried to punch her but Bella had lept to the right to avoid the attack and then tried to pounce on his side but the brute retaliated by swinging his arm back connecting with Bellas side and sending her flying into a nearby pillar where she then slumped to the ground feeling like her rib cage was broken. Her breath came in small gasp. She had tried to move but was in too tired and in too much pain to do so.

Last edited by shadowolf on 05/01/15, 08:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:19 pm

"Don't damage her too much or you won't get your cash." He looked at Lauren briefly before disappearing off. He opened the door climbing down slowly, dressed in a smart suit, slowly removing his rubber gloves, his hands sparking and crackling with electrical energy. "Ah... The violence is it not a thing of beauty." He could not see the shiny fellow who he wanted to kill so remained on the outside of the fight watching it.
"I say where is the armoured one with the silvery skin?" He called out. "But if he is not here I will fight any of you vermin." He couldn't see Revenant for he was out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:27 pm

They wouldn't let go, so the nanites retracted, flowing like liquid through their fingers as they went back into Revenant's arm. He dropped down, though landed ungracefully. Just as the brute was about to stomp on him, he rolled to the side, and shot his arms up, cables lashing out in a straight line and tipped by sharpened points. Their speed of expansion was enough, driving the points up through the soft bottom of the Brute's jaw and through the tongue, and still further through their palate and into the brain. And that wasn't enough, the tips then exploding with dozens of spikes inside the brain, killing it once and for all. It left James shaken, killing like that. His only comfort was to say over and over They were not a person. They were not a person. They were not a person.

He stood up as the Brute fell, getting his breath as the nanites retracted, and he headed for the stairs to face the Chemist.....only to face someone else. "Oh come on, how many are there?" he groaned.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:30 pm

"Ah... The shiny one I have been looking to slay you." He raised his hands, both of them crackling with balls of electrical energy. "If you yield now I will make your death swift... If not both you, your friends and the girl will die slowly, very slowly."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:34 pm

"Slay me? Jesus who talks like that?" Revenant shot back. When he saw the electricity though, he got worried. Uh Gestalt......how are you against electrical attacks?

Limited resistance. High voltages can prove damaging.

Suggestions?

Don't get hit.

Head on would be stupid, so James moved behind a pillar and cloaked. He'd have to use sneak attacks.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:37 pm

"Coward, you are nothing more than a spindle, a woman too afraid to fight! Fight like a man!" He yelled furious at his retreat, launching a barrage of electrical energy at the column, whilst slowly advancing on him. His attacks were wild, inaccurate but very powerful.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:37 pm

Marcus laid their on his back. He felt like rubbing his eyes and so he moved the mask off his face do do so, bring both hands he rubbed his eyes and soon finished, the mask regrown. Dark.

Yes human?

Did someone call us vermin.

Your not serious are you?

I'm very serious. Marcus finished to Dark as he leaned upwards to a sitting position and then proceeded to stand. Blood was facing off with one brute and Bella was with the other. His armour grew on him and he slightly limped over to Rev. "Someone mind taking back the vermin part and I may consider not killing you." He said in a demonic voice that sounded tired and worn but still had a taste of venom in it.

Bella began to feel her bones crack as her enhanced healing took place. Doing things that would take months to do only the state she was in was bad. The brute walked to her and she tried to play dead, hoping her bones would heal faster. It picked her up by the mid and rose her to his face before beginning to squeeze. Bella dint like the thought of becoming a toy that would soon burst and quickly with her good paw sliced at the brutes eyes with her claws causing him to drop her and instinctively cover his face.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:41 pm

Revenant used his stealth to his advantage, moving to the side and flaking......Sparkles. When he was in range, he dropped the cloak and swung his arm out, a tendril lashing out and ended with a hammerhead to hit right in their noggin.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:45 pm

The blow struck him in the head, knocking him from the stairs and onto the concrete floor below. He landed with a thud in a puddle of water, were upon he attempted to get up but his hands touched the water. Yeah, water and wild electricity do not mix well.
He fell back steaming onto the concrete, crackling slightly.
Well... That was that.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:48 pm

"Damit Rev. You left out all the fun." Marcus said to him as he went to go check on Bella. Rev needed to deal with the chemist person alone unless and he asked but Marcus felt like he needed to be alone.

Bella had dragged herself away from the thrashing brute and stayed quiet. Bella needed help and she needed it now.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:59 pm

Without thinking, Revenant rushed down the stairs, passing the unconscious Sparkles on the way as he headed for the next room. Bursting through the door, the first thing he noticed was Lauren, tied to a chair. She was out cold, but alive.....he hoped. Standing next to her, was he believed the Chemist. He was of average build, dark hair and stubble, and his eyes glinted with amusement. "So, you finally found me," he said, his tone thick with a Russian accent. "Revenant the Vigilante, how delighted I am to make your acquaintance," he said with no lack of sarcasm.

"Let the girl go or el--" Revenant said, but was cut off by the near bored tone of the Chemist. "Let's not waste time on these cliches, and get down to it, da?" he said. He raised a cylindrical object, which Gestalt observed was an auto-injector, and rammed it into his shoulder. "You may have taken out my men," he gasped, and his breathing seemed to quicken. "But getting to test out my creations more than makes up for it." The skin beneath his clothes seemed to.....ripple. Bulge and expand as he groaned and clutched at his chest. "So many failures.....all to reach this....perfect....moment!" he cried.

James, get Lauren away from him now! Gestalt snapped. He's using the same compound as the Brutes.

James whipped a tendril out and grabbed Lauren's chair, pulling her back just as the Chemist was about to smash a fist down at her. He.....began to grow, grunts of pain and even giggles of mirth spilling from his mouth as his body expanded on an accelerated rate. His clothes tore apart as his muscles grew in size and density, bones hardening and elongating until he stood seven feet tall, thick with enough muscle to shame even the Brutes. Then he spoke, his tone.....almost pained, but still layered with amusement. "Now....shall we begin?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 09:26 pm

Marcus made his way to bella only to see the Brute thrash about looking for an unseen target. That or it was blind. Marcus moved behind the poor sod and made a few tendril like spears that he aimed for the neck and sent into cutting quite deeply but not enough as the brute turned and tried to slam both his fist on Marcus which Marcus was easily able to back step. The smart brute now sore, blind and angry tried to bull rush him but only served to ram its head into a wall where Marcus decided to end his poor life by sending several more spears down its neck. Watching it slump to rest he moved to where he saw a Lying down cougar and look her over. "Damn Bell. You need to be careful."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/01/15, 09:39 pm

"Oh, shit," James breathed, pushing Lauren away right as the Chemist charged him, and he was fast. His shoulder rammed into Revenant's chest and sent him flying through the reinforced metal door. And the Chemist kept coming, a wild grin on his face as he lifted Revenant up from here he landed and threw him up into the ceiling, denting it and catching him as he fell. "How do you like it?" Chemist asked before throwing Revenant back full force. "All the strength of my Berserkers......but I'm still in control," he said. Revenant stood n shaky legs, standing his ground as he adopted a fighters a stance.

Moving fast, the Chemist came at Revenant again. Revenant tried using a move Chris taught him, but was caught off guard when the Chemist countered, following up by slamming his fist into Revenant's face. "Should have mentioned," the Chemist chuckled, "I know how to fight."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime06/01/15, 09:14 pm

Having chopped off my enemies right arm and left foot before I could get into a good place to kill it, I was pretty tired, and aching. It was over for it now though, seeing as I was standing on his chest, swinging an axe repeatedly into his face. I was also covered in blood, but either way, it was dead. Looking the way that the silver man had gone, I sighed.
"He better not have died." I muttered, an exasperated tone in my voice as I headed after him, ignoring the people left in the room.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime06/01/15, 09:23 pm

The punch sent Revenant staggering back, the faceplate dented from the punch, and the nanites reported fractures to his skull along with a broken nose. He's too strong, James said to Gestalt.

No, he is not stronger than us James. But he is clearly a better fighter and his augmented strength allows him to add to those blows. The enclosed environment doesn't help either, we must move somewhere more open.

Got it, he thought, then faced the Chemist as the nanites shifted over his face. There was a lot of pain, pain as the bones of his face were realigned and pressed together, the nanites fixing him up. His faceplate resumed its normal shape, and he couldn't help but taunt the overly muscled fighter. "That the best you got?" he said. It only made him grin, and the Chemist came charging. Revenant dodged, diving to the side. Right now, Lauren was safe where she was, not of interest to the Chemist and he wanted to keep it that way. Up the stairs....out of the terminal. He had to lead the Chemist into the open.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime06/01/15, 09:26 pm

Marcus was about to pick Bella's animal form up when he noticed blood heading after Rev. "He should have been done by now." Marcus said to himself and Bella as he knew Rev wasn't the type to throw him around. Especially when the chemist had no means of defence. He turned to Bella again and started to move some boxes and debris away to give her more space. "Stay here and heal ok. I'll be back. I promise." Marcus felt like kissing her forehead. Like he use to do with his other sister when she was going to bed but now wasn't the time. Standing and slightly sore, Marcus followed after the person he named blood and Rev to see who Blood was and what was taken Rev his time.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime06/01/15, 10:10 pm

The Chemist stood between Revenant and the stairs......which left him with no other choice, and praying this wasn't a suicidal move. Shouting in challenge, Revenant charged the Chemist, catching him off guard as he slammed into him, arms wrapping around and holding tight in a hold. Still screaming, he carried the heavy opponent in the charge up the stairs, even as the Chemist began hammering down on his back. The blows hit his shoulder blades and even with the nanites reinforcing his body, it hurt, making him wince.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 03:31 am

I stopped when the two came into sight, taking in what was happening. Silver man looked like he was losing, so after a second of thought, I swung my axe at the larger ones legs.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 03:43 am

The axe hit, but didn't go very deep, slicing through the cloth of the Chemist's pants but doing little damage to his skin. He glared at the blood girl and even as he was grappled by Revenant, swung his arm out and hit her, knocking her back. Revenant began punching his ribs, trying to break them but to little avail.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 10:13 am

Marcus followed after the blood person by laughed at what he saw. Rev was carrying what look like a super brute and the blood person was stabbing away at his. That was until an arm came out and hit her. Marcus didn't have time to react to that nor did he have a plan to help so he did what he thought would help. He picked up a small piece of rubble. a tendril appeared over his arm and connected with it. Giving his arm and hand the strength of his condensed tendrils, Marcus winded up his arm and Pegged the rubble with about 3 tons of force at the super brutes head. Marcus didn't know how to help when he was coming up the stairs but he knew what to do when he made it up here.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 04:38 pm

Since the Chemist was thrashing about in Revenant's grip, the pebble missed his moving head and instead hit Revenant, sending him flying away. He didn't even have time to call Shadow an asshole.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 04:51 pm

Even though I was still recovering from the hit I'd taken, I had to laugh st the sight I'd just witnessed. My ribs started hurting I was laughing that hard, doubled over and on the verge of tears.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 05:18 pm

Marcus couldn't help but laugh too. He then realised that the next fight he was in with Rev holding the bad guy. He had to throw something. "Rev How could you get hit, he's a fat ass." He yelled out to Rev while moving closer to the super brute. Tendrils raised from his back and latched themselves to the brutes arms. They then sent several chains to the ground in an effort to delay the Super brute.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 05:46 pm

Even with the tendrils, the Chemist used that to his advantage, closing in on Shadow and surprising him with his strength. He grabbed Shadow and slammed him to the side, putting him through the wall. Not making a dent or halfway, but through the wall of tile, concrete and re-bar. And he was about to deal with the laughing girl before a pair of cables shot up from down the stairway, latching onto both corners at the end. Revenant came shooting up like a sling-shot, slamming into the Chemist's side and sending both of them further up into the room with the columns.

They landed in a roll on the floor, the Chemist slowly standing up while Revenant still recovered. That pebble had done a number on the armor, including his body and while he reacted to hit the guy, it didn't mean he was ready to fight. "You've got a will to fight I'll give you that," the Chemist said, brushing off some dust as he slowly stepped over to Revenant. "And your suit is rather impressive....shame you don't use it more to your advantage." Slowly standing up, Revenant stared down the Chemist, fists raised as he readied for a scuffle. "The hell are you talking about?" he asked.

Spreading his hands, the Chemist said "What am I talking about? Money. Power. You could have them just like me, and instead you waste it being a hero. The world doesn't need heroes, Revenant. All it needs is for people to understand, that this is a world built on survival of the fittest." Revenant was silent, seemingly considering the words....until he said "Okay enough bullshit, let's get this over with."

While the fight went on and people  were distracted, a shadowy figure slipped in from below. The operative had been casing the Chemist's base for weeks, looking for an opportunity and finally found it, entering from one of the subway tunnels and entering the lab of the Chemist. They passed Lauren, still bound to her chair, focusing on the computers. A flash-drive was plugged in, copying every file the Chemist had stored.....and then wiping clean all traces of those files. It didn't take them long, and they were back on their way out.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 11:13 pm

Bella was still their. sore but better, she could feel one of her rib bones shifting into place. That was one advantage of learning to control your bones. She heard speaking and commotions in the background and tried to get up but failed again. So she laid there and rested.

Marcus took slow steps out of the wall. His back was in pain and he felt sore. "He's a stronger bugger." He decided to tell himself while testing his feet. Once he was done he started his walk up the stairs to go join Rev. "I probably shouldn't throw anything if Rev is nearby."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 11:24 pm

Revenant formed a shield as he ran, charging the Chemist and slamming into him with the side of the shield and forcing him further up the stairs up and out of the terminal. "Oh you wanna play outside?" the Chemist asked. "All you had to do was ask!" he shouted, grabbing the shield from the edge and throwing it and Revenant away up the stairs like a frisbee, following him up into the open street.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/15, 11:52 pm

Marcus reached the stairs only to see the super brute run up even more stairs. "Jesus." He said though his teeth as he ran after them, ignoring both Bell and the blood girl.

Bella decided to try one more time, her limbs felt numb but with pain as she arose from the dead cold floor. She tried moving and was still sore in some limbs so decided to do so with a small limp to her movement to follow Shadow. Please be okey.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/15, 12:20 am

Landing in the street, Revenant stood only to roll to the side as the Chemist threw a car at him, the Volkswagen beetle crashing on the pavement from where he had tossed it. Okay, thoughts?

The compound he injected is vastly different from what was used on the Berserkers. He retains full awareness and intelligence, along with increased strength. But he is not unbeatable: his skin density was increased but not enough to make him invulnerable, as evidenced by the blood girl's attack breaking his skin. And his bones are not unbreakable; at the right angle and with enough force--which we can achieve--it would be possible for us to break him.

God to know. Okay......we're gonna need to slow him down. Gestalt, there's still a construction yard close-by, correct?

Yes.

He dodged one of the Chemist's attacks as he swung at him, and said to Gestalt Let's lead him there.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/15, 12:28 am

Marcus had finally made it to the street where chaos insured. But instead was left with a super brute and Rev avoiding attacks. The super brute attacked Rev but Marcus saw an easy dodge and decided that his help was needed. He raised a few tendrils from the ground and formed them into spears before aiming at the super brutes back since the brute was looking away from Marcus he threw his arm forward and 3 shadow like spears went flying to the super brute's back.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/15, 12:43 am

Two of the spears missed, the third landing in his shoulder and making the Chemist shout n surprise and pain. He reached behind him and pulled it out, glaring at Shadow as he threw it back at him. The moment it left his hand though, he was yanked off his feet as Revenant, using the distraction to move to the roof, fired a pair of cables and pulled the heavy man up with him. "Get over here!" Revenant bellowed. "We're playing follow the leader!"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/15, 12:55 am

The spear was just a short moral drop for the super brute. As soon as the spear hit Marcus it just disappeared because Marcus willed it too. "I love games." He exclaimed to Rev even doe he thought it was said to the super brute. Marcus grew a pair wings and tried his best to follow. There was only so much these wings could do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next