Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime31/12/12, 03:37 am

This is a Sangheili-only or Covenant-only roleplay which is going to be made for fun for a few of my friends on the site, or for anyone in general in fact. It's not intended for seriousness, but then again, who's roleplay is? So yeah, enjoy.

Basic setting:

We're on Sanghelios, living our normal lives, going about our daily routine as we do, basically doing what we want. We get called up to war after a period of time. Many, have already done their training and have returned from training, whilst others are beginning the training.

Generally, it's just something to do for Covenant roleplayers as my friend and I seemed especially interested so yeah, here we are.

The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Bohl10

The world is your oyster, and you are to enjoy such a privilege.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime31/12/12, 04:35 am

One more rake then I am finished, these crops will survive the strong winds on this Arctic Circle. I wipe my forehead, cleansing the water droplets from there. It is hard to believe that I am doing this, from the work I used to do. They are both very different, fighting wars, and fighting weeds. Very different, indeed. I needn't complain about it though, I enjoyed being back here with the family. The amount of crops planted here will feed the youngling breed for a few months until the crops must be replanted. Seeing my Mother in this condition is horrible; however, I fear the blessing of the gods will see here on the fixture.

"Veer?"

I turned around, releasing the agricultural tool with my right hand, holding it with my left. I looked towards the voice calling me, the distant, but beautiful, voice of my wife.

"Yes, dear?"

"The storms are on their way!"

"Let me finish up here, I shall not wait around for too long. Ensure all of the bloodline is safe indoors!"

She turned, rushing for the indoors quickly. The storms near the Arctic Circle were treacherous; always. Everything would need to be locked up, the crops sealed, the bloodline to safety. I finished with the crops, thanking that I was on the last section before running to the ice-capped dome, circular and small, and placing the tools inside there before sealing it shut. I ran outside of the structure, running to the "shed's" keypad. Here, I typed in its code and it sealed in underground, fertilised, ready for the months ahead. There was much still left to do, but I knew the storm would not be upon us, or would not take immediate succession, before ten minutes had passed, so I had enough time. I leant into my "werewolf" posture and sprinted towards the vehicular building. A corner, with deadly ice made me slide off-course for a good few seconds, until I regained my strained posture and began successfully moving in a straight direction. Furthermore, one...two...three more corners turned now. Wow! Here, lucky it is not too far away from the vegetation storage. I took the water-skimmer and stored it inside its spot, where it lowered into the floor. I quickly moved outside into the freezing cold, turning to the keypad, entering the code. I took a few steps away from the building as it sunk into the ground. This next part would be a long run to the front gate to say that the village was closed. Quickly now, time is of the essence.
Back to top Go down
Esro 'Velasee
Not cool enough for a real rank

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime01/01/13, 03:37 am

I looked towards the holographic screen as my mother called me, drawing my attention to the weather reports. It appeared that Arctic storms were surging around the Artic Circle, where 'Zamam and 'Makur states were situated. "Mother, what does this mean?", she replied "Well son, the Arctic winds are incredibly strong. They will most like damage a lot of structures there, as well as vegetation if it is not taken care of." I looked back towards the weather reports, taking my eyes off my mother. "Will it affect us?", "No, not unless it turns incredibly violent which is unlikely." I was fascinated and felt the need to be there, to feel the force and to feel what it would be like to be in an "Artic Circle storm". Of course, this is an unrealistic judgement as I have no possible way of reaching there. Never mind...maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime01/01/13, 03:57 am

I grind to a halt as I near the sign that I had to change. I looked up as I reached the destination, and I could already see the thick clouds forming; the formidable clouds. The storm would be upon 'Zamam State within minutes, I needed to hurry. I began running in my "werewolf" posture, picking up incredible speed, grinding to a halt when I reach the sign. I reached for the controls, ramming every single one of them down. The barriers, controlled from the panel inside the secure watchtower, here, had also come down and locked, the sign changed, and everything electrical outside of the Keep had been shut down; excluding a few major functionalities.

"Sire, this is Major 'Tolamen. Where are you?"

"I am at the entrance to the State, why?"

"The storm will be upon us within minutes, you will not make it back in time!"

"Are the rest safely indoors?"

"Yes, sire."

"You will be safe, but the storm will consume me."

The Major looked around in confusion, distraught with this. The wife of Veer looked around before rushing up to the Major, grabbing his arm as she had heard what had been said, as did everyone else, congregated in the main hall.

"Sire, I will bring the Spectre to retrieve you. It will be a lot faster than you walking."

"As you wish. Hurry! The storm will soon be upon us."

I began running as before, back in the direction I came from. The watchtower sank into the ground as all of the structures did. Let us hope that the Major reaches me in time, or the lives of two will be claimed within the beginning stages of this storm.
Back to top Go down
Esro 'Velasee

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime02/01/13, 04:46 am

I continued to look as the weather reports updated, how the storm was almost upon the state of 'Zamam. I just hope they are all safe, and that there isn't too much damage caused by this storm. "Son, come and be useful. Watching the weather reports isn't going to wish the storm away. Now, take this to your farther immediately!", "Yes, mother.". I got up, grabbed the note and headed towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime02/01/13, 10:27 pm

I slid to a halt on the icy tracks which used to be covered with lush vegetation, as I heard the Spectre speed resiliently towards me. I catch my breath here, as the sound of the boosted gravity propulsion drive heated up the ice. The Spectre came grinding to a halt, skidding even when the propulsion drive had been deactivated. Once the Spectre came to a halt, the Major got out and ran towards me.

"Sire, Major 'Tolamen reporting for duty."

I looked towards the Major, before making my way to the Spectre.

"Thank you for venturing out here, Major. Quickly now, or shall we be consumed by the storm?"

"Yes sire, right this way."

The Major got slightly ahead of me, mounting himself in the driver's position. He opened up the doors in the side of the Spectre via the control panel in the driving position and I grabbed hold of the door and jumped inside. The doors quickly shut, before the Spectre spun around and sped off back in the Keep's direction.

I looked out of the vents in the doors and I could see the storm's clouds, high above some of the largest glaciers in this region. There it was. The first bolt of lightning, which would soon be followed by a blizzard.

"Quickly, Major! The first bolt of lightning has struck. The blizzard will soon be upon us!"

"I am going as fast as the ice will allow the Spectre, sire."

I gripped the seat I was sitting on hard, we would not make it to the Keep in time.
Back to top Go down
Esro 'Velasee

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime08/01/13, 09:35 pm

"Father, mother told me to bring this to you." He took the note out of my hands befores studdying it throughouly. "Interesting, very well. Return to your mother and inform here that I am leaving on business." I stood there for a moment longer, "Where are you going?", "Shopping. Go, return to your mother." I began walking back to the house. I was confused.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime08/01/13, 10:08 pm

The second crack of thunder came, followed by two lightning bolts in separate positions. The Keep was within sight, a few hundred meters ahead.

"Sire, the Keep is within sight."

"Excellent. Head straight for the entrance!"

"Gremlak, open the gates."

"Major, gate one: open. Gate two: open. Gate three: open. The Citadel's doors have opened. Quickly, the storm will be upon you within a matter of seconds!"

The Major put everything he had into closing the final stretch of ice, even over-accelerating which strained the engine. I could hear the propulsion drive sizzle as we accelerated usual speed. We had passed the first door, where I looked behind to see the whirlwind of snow, rain, wind combined swirling right towards us.

"The blizzard...it is upon us!"

The Spectre started shaking slightly, before shaking violently. The front of it lifted up, at first, I thought it was the storm; however, the Major pushed the lever forward which made the Spectre rapidly accelerate, moreso than before. The noise was far louder than before, but it seemed the Major did not care about that. We passed through the second gate, before reaching the third. I looked back as we neared the Citadel as the whirlwind drew near.

"Gremlak, lock the gates. Put the shielding up...now!"

We passed through the Citadel's gates, as the Spectre skidded into the Citadel rapidly, spinning and turning over as it hit into a giant grey morphing pillar. My head felt dizzy, I looked up as my head lay against the floor...where a head mark was imprinted into the wall...gods above.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime22/04/13, 12:15 am

I got up as the Guardsmen quickly shut the gates, as winds howled against the door and tidal waves of collected dust, snow, water and trees hurtled toward the door. More Guardsmen ran to the door as the already situated Guardsmen were having trouble. I ran over to the door and assisted them, pushing all my weight against it. "Heave! Push, there is no time". More and more joined us at the door as we eventually closed it. The Guardsmen breathed heavily now, it being a very heavy door with wind pushing back at them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1   The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sangheili .:. Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Halo RP-
Jump to: