Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue

Go down 
+3
The Meta
Xion's Memory
FallenSanity
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Empty
PostSubject: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime19/12/13, 03:59 am

The cool winds of change settled over Halid, the realms of Mainne resting into a subtle peace, as the sun began to set itself beyond the horizon. As the blanket of speckled darkness began to engulf the lands below it, the people beneath it's reach slowly made their ways into the dream lands, and nestled into the comfort of their minds. The smoke pillars of New Monali began to dissipate, and the fishers of Trinidad slowly came into dock. The lights of Del Mantis were put out in their homes as the cities citizens went to sleep and it's workers awoke, and in Cantai, the city began to dim, as it awaited news.

"Another calm night. Another boring day on the way."
Cejiso did not move as his partner spoke, leaning lazily on the side of the large pillar flanking him. Emin Yatól was one of the Jazierih who, like Cejiso, had been in training since he was a young boy, growing up on an out of town farm and learning the importance of wielding a blade. He never did learn the importance of a life, though.
"Just a few more moments, Emin. The messenger will be here, say that not tribals have been spotted in the area, and we'll be able to head off to rest."
The Otaizen nodded half-assedly, barely listening to his Ljnn companion. Cejiso thought about what he would do next - he knew the Governor was making plans to get involved in the Tribal Conflict, and that Cejiso, being one of his most trusted advisors, would be heading out there too. He needed to make the most of the next few days it seemed, before the long journey to Izantin was made.

"Did you see that Kayva diplomat earlier, Cejiso? Weird looking ones them."
Cejiso nodded, smiling softly, thinking back for a moment. Indeed, they were peculiar - the Standurr and Maeyr were very different to the Otaizen or Boves people that inhabited their lands, yet the Kayva looked strikingly similar to the Mohols that dominated their continent, to the point that they could have very easily blended in with the typical people if they tried.

"Word is that the Boves are already making way into the Masuma desert. Otaizen, Boves, Standurr, Ljnn, and now Kayva. One can only hope the Mohols don't bring their path of destruction in there too."
Cejiso nodded, looking over the walls of Cantai, out into the lands beyond. What fates lay out there for him, he feared to find out.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime19/12/13, 04:29 am

Akihira Nagase opened her eyes. Sunlight would soon filter through the window, but right now Akihira wanted to beat the dawn. She hated getting up early, but Aki had plans. Rolling out of bed, away from the sleeping figure of her best friend Sayoko, she stretched. Clad in a simple nightgown made of wool, she picked her clothing from her bags and hid away in the washroom. As her nine snow-white fox tails laid out on the cool floor, she slipped her clothes off and began to wash up a bit. Not one to ever leave home without basic hygeine, she washed herself and then pulled on practical clothing - panties, then simple shorts, perfect for climbing. Putting on her wool shirt, a dark green one that flowed to her thighs (and could pass off as a minidress) she tugged boots on and slipped out. Grabbing her sword, she lid it onto her back, securing the strap. She then grabbed her bow and arrows, as well as seperate lengths of rope and one big coil. Hooking them to her shorts, she opened the main window.
"Aki...?"
Sayoko was up, her red hair flowing over her shoulders. Wearing a matching wool nightgown, Aki's best friend and current bedmate (not sleeping with her like that, they are just friends) was also her head of guard. "Just stay here. I'll be back, alright?"
She jumped from the window backwords, grinning. Sayoko facepalmed. "Dammit."

The arrow snagged a roof and went taut. Swinging onto a lower roof, sheyanked hard a couple times until the rope fell. She pulled it in and retied it before ditching the broken arrow.
Running across the rooftop, she leapt and scaled the man-made jungle with reckless abandon in the night, until she finally reach the eastern wall.
Settling on the edge, the Kayva diplomat relaxed, and waited to watch the sunrise.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime19/12/13, 05:03 am

Talmira had woken up just a bit before, her body used to having erratic sleep patterns. The jobs she has taken over the years have caused this erratic pattern in her sleep. Never the less, she was pretty alert as she got up, and knew the layout of the city as good as most citizens. She got up and dressed in her armor and boots, her bow and arrow quiver slung over her shoulder.

She got onto the window ledge and leapt onto the next roof, jumping from building to building. She then jumped onto the wall when she got close.

Overall, Talmira admired her successful handiwork before moving along the wall. She then spotted a figure sitting along to wall's edge, unmistakably a Kayva. However, what stuck out to her was the nine tails that this one had. She decided to approach this one cautiously.

"Pardon me, I hope you don't mind my intrusion," Talmira said, her tone even, but friendly, "Do you mind at all if I join you?"

Last edited by The Meta on 20/12/13, 02:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime19/12/13, 11:59 am

Rúcina stood up from his bed.

Then he stumbled to the left.

Then he stumbled to the right.

He took a step forward.

Stumbled to the right again.

Took a few more steps.

Rúcina looked in the mirror. Sighed. Raised one hand and flicked his hair out of the way.

Then he stumbled to the left.

"I might still be drunk."

"Chance would be a fine thing." Came the reply from the drunken mass of bodies scattered around the room.

He walked over to the jug of ale on the side and took and long drink from it.

"Much better."

He pulled on his daggers after having slept the night in his clothes and took a run, falling off of the balcony into the street below with drunken grace. There he straightened up and began his morning walk around the streets, looking for targets. Before dawn was always the best time. Caught the merchants loading and unloading and they were always too distracted to notice yesterdays takings walking along the stand without them.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime20/12/13, 01:38 am

Akihira looked over. Two of her tails raised cautiously, as the Kayva regarded the newfomer warily. She was alone. Her guards were back at the tower without her. She was alone.
"Go ahead. Not like I own the wall." She stated bluntly, then looked back to the rising sunset. "Sunrise is always my favorite time of day. Promises of a new morning. A new chance to live." She looked somewhat sad before looking back to Talmira. "My name is Akihira." She stated, a third tail rising. "You are?"
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime20/12/13, 02:17 am

Talmira gave Akihira a nod of the head in respect, "My name is Talmira," she said, sitting down along the edge of the wall. "Funny thing is...I come here for the same reasons you do." She remembered her old home in Cathad, and enjoying the sunrises there.

As for Akihira's purpose her...she didn't ask. Talmira wasn't going to pry. She added, "I mean you no harm, of course."
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime20/12/13, 02:50 am

Cejiso looked down at the crumpled piece of parchment in his hand, his scowl intensifying as he reread the note, snarling a little before looking up at the orange sun over the empty landscape. There, way out there, in the empty abyss, were Tribals.

Sijil, Capital of the Steelbyziar and Capital of the Protections of Halid Act

Early morning, no noise. No movement. No tribals
Late morning, large snake-like creatures moving through desert, no tribals

Early midday, storm picking up, moving into nearby caves

MIDDAY, CAVE PAINTINGS FOUND, TRIBAL, DISTINCTLY TRIBAL, TRIBALS ARE IN HALID

Cejiso curled his fist into a ball, eyes shut tight as he felt the warmth of the sun begin to cascade over his body. Tribals had made it this far, which meant his and his partners rest wasn't going to be coming any time soon.
"What is it? News of the tribals?"
Cejiso nodded, handing the parchment to Emin, who read slowly many times. It was clear from his fact that he was as pleased as Cejiso was. Neither spoke as they felt the heat of the new morning bleed in, as the note carrier took back the parchment and made his way into the Grand Hóuis, to tell the Governor of this news.

"So... will the Governor send an army out do you think?"
Cejiso nodded, rubbing his chin gently. It was unlikely he'd send more than a regiment or two, considering this was simply cave markings, but he would certainly send aid to the war effort now. There was no denying it.

"Ever been to Izantin, Emin?"
The Otaizen man shook his head, looking over at the Ljnn partner. Cejiso just smiled, as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime20/12/13, 04:56 am

Akihira's tails did not lower.
"Cautiuosness is a way of life. I am unable to trust so easily. No Kayva trusts so easily. My apologies for it, but by Kaya's grace and the protection of Raz'Griz and Canes, we shall never return to the Exile." She looked grave.
"But yes. Many come to the east to watch the sunrise back home. It is not a thing only one race can claim. For one of the greatest mysteries is how the sun never fails to rise."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime20/12/13, 05:21 am

Talmira nodded, "There's no need to apologize. I understand your caution. And everyone is cautious these days. Seems you're not the exception." She pulled down her mask, revealing a smile on her face. "And I agree with you that the sun's unfailing promise to rise is indeed a mystery. It's captivated me since I was a child."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime20/12/13, 11:26 pm

Rúcina strolled through the streets, watching the merchants load and unload. Occasionally one would turn to unload a heavy barrel or crate. Rúcina chose these moments. He'd walk up, knock into the merchant "accidently", help him load the barrel or crate that the merchant had dropped, apologies profusely and walk away with the merchants purse. It was a simple rinse and repeat and his drunkardness only added to the charade.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime21/12/13, 12:02 am

Swinging her legs back onto solid ground, Akihira stood, all nine tails poised at the ready.
"It has been fun. But alas, my guards probably are cursing me." She gave a two-fingered salute. "May Kaya guide your path."
She fell to the side and off the wall. Looking down, Talmira would see Akihira rubning down the wall, holding onto ropem with a gracefull leap, she swung close to the ground then back up, letting go at the apex. Stringing another arrow, she created another vine and swung again, landing on a far roof.
Pulling her rope back and leaving the other one, she jogged to the end. She could see her tower in the distance. Not too distant.
Nocking another arrow, she fired, and then continued her roofborne trek back to bed.

Which was just one more arrow away actually. Distance was weird in a city, Akihira found. Such ineffective streets! Travel by roof was so much faster!
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime21/12/13, 06:14 pm

===Cantai, Halid===
==City Gate, Sunrise==

=Sunrise over Halid and the Western Gate of Cantai, where a young man stood before a group of city guards. He took a step forward, his walking staff tapping against the cobblestone road. One of the Guards spoke up, calling out to him in an authoritative, almost aggressive tone=

"You there! What say you?"

=The cloaked figure approached this guardsman, speaking in a soft, coarse voice=

I am friend, sir.

"Where are you from?"

I do not come from anywhere.

=The guards looked at eachother, their grips tightening on their spears.=

"What's your reason for coming here?"

My reasons are my own.

=A pause=

But if you must know, I seek rest in the city.

=Another pause=

"If you carry any weapons, remove them now for inspection."

If you would consider this a weapon...

=The man removes from under his cloak a bowie knife which has a few chips in the blade and a worn-down grip, clearly intended as more of a tool than a weapon. The Guards hesitate for a moment, looking the cloaked figure over. After a few minutes of silence, they decide he is probably no threat, and that they're just hassling him, so they let him pass. As he comes past the gate, the light of the sun hits his eyes and he winces. Drawing his hood forward some, he begins to wander the streets, looking for an inn, and quite standing out in the crowd...=

Last edited by ArbitraryByPolar on 23/12/13, 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime21/12/13, 06:28 pm

Lora walked through the streets of Cantai as the sunlight slowly crept up over the buildings. She had hoped to have found information on the local slave trade sooner, but so far any leads had been too drunk to be of any use to her. One had managed to slur something about a cheap whorehouse that'd keep slaves before they were taken to be sold, but had passed out in his drink before she could ask anymore. She paused outside a large building, which, judging from the drunkards' description, was the whorehouse.

She knocked on the door, and was greeted by an Otaizin woman, who was easily in her late forties.
"A woman?" She asked, glancing Lora up and down, "Here for work? Young, a pretty face, other than that scar... You could do well," Stepping aside, she invited Lora into the building.
"Not that kind of work," Said Lora, stepping through the door, "I've heard that you see several slaves pass through here, and that you might know how I can get to one of the markets," Lora held a handful of coins out, which the whore accepted gladly.
"So, you're a slaver? I should've known from the weapons, no whore would carry swords and knives," She said, "There's several markets, any in particular?"

Lora smiled, this was easier than she'd expected, "There's a particular slave I'm interested in, her current owner is a Boves, named Albrecht Kalb. Do you know where I might find him?"
"There's a market not too far from here, just take a left when you leave, go past the inn and you should be able to see it, Albrecht usually heads to that one,"

Smiling, Lora walked for the door, "Thank you for your time, but I need to hurry or my slave might be sold,"
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime22/12/13, 07:20 am

Cejiso felt a hand clap him on the shoulder, and as his eyes drew down along the arm of the man next to him, he silently returned to gazing over the horizon, sighing ever so softly as the city began to wake.

"It is not good news, Cejiso."

The Ljnn nodded at the Governors words, sighing yet again.
"I know. The Caspialga have already made it to Halid... We must simply be glad they've not decided to raid us yet."
Solúmn nodded, removing his hand from his guardians shoulder. The two Jazierih and their Governor stood silently as stalls were set up, and the streets began to bustle. These people who believed they were incomparably safe, these people with links all around the world had no clue what was setting against their borders.
"They cannot know. I've sent word to the Sultan. He will be closing all borders to Izantin with this news. I want you to lead a regiment of men to aid our allies and Empire. A Kayva diplomat arrived recently with her own regiment, and I intend to send her with you in hopes of forging an alliance with the Empires of two continents. I'll make an announcement later, that the war is escalating, and then that the Sultan does not want to risk them reaching us. Any merchants or others who have desires to make it to Izantin, they will travel with you."

Cejiso nodded once, looking at his Governor.
"Very well, Solúmn. As you wish."

The Governor sighed, turned around and made his way back into the Grand Hóuis, to think everything over. Emin looked at Cejiso and then back to the Governor, before finally speaking.
"Seems he's a little worn out. So, will you be going this alone then, or bringing some of your little toys in the military with you." Cejiso frowned, and nodded.
"I'll need dedicated men to come with me, so yes. More than likely... I wonder what that Kayva regiment is like."

Cejiso had met many Kayva in his time, emissaries and diplomats. Strong, adaptable, but he'd never seen them in desert combat before.
"The Governor said 'she' right?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime23/12/13, 05:22 am

As Akihira climbed into the window, the red-haired Sayoko was already dressed for battle. "Messenger from the Govenor. We're leaving soon. Said We'd be helping with some cleanup."
Akihira nodded, already stripping. The two had bathed together since birth, trained together, and hugged under the stars since forever. They were like sisters.
"Said we would be talking to some Ljnn named Ceijso."
"The Casanova of Cantai? Bedder of ten thousand virgins?"
"Dunno. Ask him yourself."
Laughing, Akihira secured her combat tunic. Dark green like her other one, it had hooks for her armored pauldrons and chest armor. Tugging on boots and other pieces of armor, Akihira slipped her sword and bow on. "If he flirts with any of your girls - or boys, for that matter - don't hesitate to kick him where he should have balls."
Sayoko giggled as Akihira's tails spun and held as if a single tail. "As you wish Aki."

The two departed, ten female and twenty male Kayva filtering from various hiding places around the tower and inside as the two descended from the room.
Aki stopped before one. "Teshiro."
"Akihira, Daughter of Onokei." He bowed. "As always, our honor to be your guard."
"And my army. We will be assisting Halid against some tribals. Ready yourselves. Here's to hoping nothing happens."
She raised her hand. "May Kaya lead you to victory."
Echoed, Akihira took the lead, and headed for the gate.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime23/12/13, 05:48 am

Talmira smiled, dropping down to the nearest roof, and then dropped from the roof to the street; Talmira pretended to dust herself off, replacing her mask as she walked down the street. To her surprise, she managed to meet the militia man who had hired her, an Otazine named Kalid who was a few inches shorter than she was.

As a result, Talmira found it a bit hard to take him seriously. He said, "Talmira...mind coming with me?" She shook her head, "Of course not...you're the one who's paying me, after all." Kalid sighed, "Right...I'll make this brief. We got a notice early this morning from the Governor."

Talmira's brows shot up, the Ljnn intrigued. He then handed her the notice that the militia received from the Governor. Talmira read and let out a brief chuckle, "We're teaming up Ceijso? Well...I'm not one to complain about my company."

Kalid noted Talmira's expression throughout, "So...you know you're heading out with the main force. RIGHT NOW." Talmira nodded, "Well...you pay me, I fight. Direct me to the militia, Kalid the Short." She chuckled, the Otazine's face red with annoyance. He motioned for her to follow him, and she did so, meeting up with the militia a minute later.

The militia--along with Talmira--then joined up with the main force at the gate, jumping at the opportunity to fight with the regulars.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime23/12/13, 10:09 am

There seemed to be a lot of activity going on for this early in the morning, and for once, it wasn't because of Rúcina's exploits. He followed the crowds, mainly soldiers, that were scattering everywhere.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime24/12/13, 10:16 am

Cejiso tightened the buckle of his single pauldron, grabbing his long thick sash and tying it around his waist, running his scabbard through it and through the small holster attached to his leather belt. Tucking his dagger into the small scabbard hidden in his sash, and latching his gauntlet blade to a small hook on his belt, he proceeded to grab his cape and lower it down, feeling it hug firmly around his neck and flow down his back, before grabbing his head piece and holding it under his arm.

"Leaving so soon, Cejiso?"
The Ljnn looked back at his partner, the beautiful Investigator who had damn near caught him out numerous times before. Mavirh sat up, holding the blanket over herself as she looked on at the fully armoured Jazierih, who was already making way to the door.
"I told you already Mavirh, this would be brief. It was nice to see you again outside of work though. I deeply hope that I return here, so we may spend these times again."
The Otaizen woman nodded curtly, watching as the soldier made his way out of her home, and into the bustling city outside. He had his mission, and she had hers.

Cejiso looked at the sun, now near halfway through the sky. Dealing with his affairs had taken far longer than expected, and now he didn't have the time left to deal with his last one. No matter, he was sure that it would sort itself out. For now he needed to head for the Grand Hóuis for the announcement.
Making his way towards the rising hillside, he could already hear the people gathered for an announcement from the Governor and his Councul. Cejiso stood behind the crowds, watching on as the Governor Solúmn Daëlízh made his way out, flanked on both sides by Grand Generazi of Halid Matmúd Búliën and Grand Kalizan of Halid, Head of Taxes and Treasures Adím Cëlik. The crowd began to go silent as he looked over his subjects, and audibly sighed.

"My dear people, citizens of Cantai of Halid and of the Otaizen Empire, I bring to you know dark news in the history of our great and ever growing empire, one that rivals all others."
He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath as people began to murmur, silenced as his voice began again.
"Our brothers and sisters in Izantin, our home and passage to our beloved homeland, is riddled with unrest. The Caspialga, the Tribals, are sewing deceit and destruction, burning down homes and butchering people in their sleep. The Empire is doing all in it's power to bring down this rebellion, but there is trouble. Plague is ravaging their land, and conflicts with the Boves people are distracting our forces while the Caspialga grow. For such reasons, the Empire has declared that the borders of Izantin are to be closed until the threat of the Caspialga is quenched."
This was not welcome news, as people began to roar in fury and sorrow. Cejiso could see mothers and fathers break down in tears as others began to push through the crowd, not willing to accept this. The guards were quick to push back, hammering people down as the Governor tried to cling to control.
"My people! Please! Please! Listen! They have given the people of Mainne an opportunity, so that any people who may wish to head to Izantin, whether to be with their loved ones or simply in hopes of joining in the conflict against our enemies, may travel with our own force which is heading to supply and support the armies against the Caspialga. This will be your only opportunity, and I hope that any who wish to take it do so."
The crowd was silent, some already trying to push back, hurrying home to pack what few things they held dear.
"My people... this is a dark day in our Empire. But we shall prevail. To those of you who remain, you will see Izantin glow again. To those who wish to leave, good luck to you."
The Governor turned and made his way back into the Grand Hóuis, his Councul by his side.

Cejiso was already heading to the gatehouse by the time the Governor had finished. He had sent word to the barracks to ready four hundred men to ride out to Izantin, and he expected them to be more than ready by now. Cejiso did not expect this travel to go the way his Governor hoped. So many people and so few horses or carts, it would be lucky if they all made it to Izantin alive.

The Jazierih stood by the side of the barracks, which were located next to the western gate of Cantai, looking at the people already there. Militia built a nice majority, with the Kayva supplying the rest. Along with his own men, this would likely be at least a welcomed sight by the people of Izantin.
He'd heard word that the farmers and animal keepers had been reading as many horses, donkeys and mules in hopes of supplying this army with it's necessary transport, as well as the many people who would soon be travelling with them.
Cejiso sighed, rubbing his head softly, as he saw the first signs of travellers coming to the gate. Already, this looked futile.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime24/12/13, 02:46 pm

Lora walked into the slave 'market', if it could be called that. It reeked of unwashed bodies and was filled with the noises of slaves being sold, bidders calling out as each one was brought onto the stage set up at the front. It looked more like a gallows than a stage, and for all Lora knew, it probably was a gallows before the slave market arrived.

Pushing her way through the crowd of slave traders, Lora walked across the market, keeping her eyes open for the Boves man, Albrecht Kalb. It didn't take her long to find his face in the crowd, bartering the price of one of his slaves with another man. Lora pulled up her face mask and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Albrecht Kalb?" She asked,
"Yes," He replied, "If we have business, I'll speak with you in a moment," turning back to his buyer, he continued with his price discussion. Lora reached for her dagger while he spoke to his client, it would be dangerous to murder him here, in full view of these slavers, but she had no option. She hadn't stocked up on poison, and there was nowhere to throw a knife from. Unless...

She picked his pocket, deliberately allowing him to notice, and took off sprinting. As she'd guessed, he followed. Smiling to herself, she rounded into an alley and stopped at its end, turning to the entrance as her target entered.
"Give me my money, and I won't have to kil-" He never finished his threat, one of Lora's knives saw to that as it lodged itself in his throat. He fell to the ground, gagging on his blood and reaching up to the wound, as Lora approached him and retrieved her knife. She took another money pouch from his body, adding to what she had already stolen and what she had been paid for his life.

After wiping her knife on his clothes, Lora stood, smiling, and walked out of the alley.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime26/12/13, 04:41 am

Aesop stood at the helm of his ship, The Medusa's Shadow, as it was unloaded. In the days before he had raided a merchant ship filled with strange but valuable items. He decided it would be better to port sooner rather than later. He'd only be in Cantai for a day and night before hearing Izantin, the land to the west, was under threat from the  tribals. Normally he wouldn't care about wars, accept for when he could sell weapons to their militaries. This time was different, Izantin is undergoing a complete lockdown. Which meant no trade, which made supplies even more costly, which meant that he could make fortunes off of nothing. It was almost even natural to pack up and head there for him. But what was uncommon was travelling by land to get there. He heard that there was a group heading there all together which he could blend in with. It was a mix between soldiers, families of Izantin and merchants. He'd fit like a glove.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime06/01/14, 12:00 am

The farmers grumbled angrily as they were ushered away, Ironkitoi taking from them cattle and horses in full, leaving the farmers with fewer than most of them had ever even seen in one farm. Cejiso gave his commanders a few orders, as the army was split into regiments to be lead out towards Uzeduel in five groups along five different roads in hopes of avoiding tribal ambush. If all went well, the whole army would arrive to wreak it's havoc. If all went poorly, at least two of them would surely arrive.

The Ljnn watched as the cows and bulls were fitted to lead the caravans and wagons, and the horses were fitted with saddles and mounted upon by any of the elderly or the women, just as with the wagons.
"Jazierih, I have what it is you requested."
Mehhid al-Darim, a Capital Soldier, stood before the Ljnn commander as the two brutes behind him pulled forward a spire of wood, with four sides with chains connected to them, holding in place the four prisoners that Cejiso had asked for, gifts for the lords of Izantin.
"Perfect, al-Darim. This will be a fine gift for the Prince and his lords. Ensure you tell the Kayva they are purely diplomatic - in no way must we address them as slaves. Understood?" The soldier nodded as he made way into the army beyond the gate.

Cejiso looked over the four women carefully, smiling to himself before stopping before one of them, a sly smile curling over his lips.
"She'll like this one, I think."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime06/01/14, 12:44 am

As she rounded the corner back to the main street, Lora felt uneasy. Something felt off, and she couldn't tell what it was,
"There!" someone shouted, it was the whorehouse owner from before, "That's her!" Lora glanced over, and saw two armed guards approaching. Lora let them approach, her hand slowly floating to the hilt of her dagger.
"You're coming with u-" said the guard closest, slightly ahead of his friend, until Lora's dagger caught him in the throat, warm red blood splattering her hand. She ripped the dagger away, and began to run, hoping to lose her pursuer in the streets before she got out of the city.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime06/01/14, 02:42 am

Over the many years of piracy Aesop and his crew have had plenty of practice to unload a ship, which was good lest they miss the caravan. With all of the goods readied for travel the crew made their way to the front gate. They were glad the rumors were true otherwise they'd have to undo the work they did. And in the process loss money and that's never a good thing. Aesop looked at the people he'd travelling with. There were others like him, only leaving to take advantage of the people there. But others looked worried... probably family members. He looked up to the sky and scratched his chin, wondering when they would be leaving.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime06/01/14, 03:03 am

Akihira grew still as the chained girls were wheeled over. She moved forward, all nine tails raised. A guard immediately moved in front of her, hanss raised. He silently pleaded to every deity that she woulsnt kill him; the Kayva Battle Mages were a force to be reckonned with.
"Madame Consul-Emissary -"
"How dare you treat people like this in my presence."
"Ma'am. We are using these people to negotiate. Izantin is considering dispelling slavery, and hoping we can grease the wheels with goodwill tokens"
"Hypocrisy!" Aki seethed.
The man grimaced. "Please ma'am."
Aki snapped her fingers. Two men hurried forward, ears perked. "Water. And the best bread we have."
They saluted, and in a moment the items were delivered. Calmly shoving the guard out of her way, she began to fees and give the girls water. She spoke kindly and encouragingly, joking to elicit a few smiles. She finally got too an extremely young girl who's white dress was a godsend.
"Hey. Look up." Aki smiled. Lovely green eyes looked at her.
Aki slowly fed her the food, then helped her wash it down with water.

Those eyes. So beautiful, but empty. No hope, no faith. Just empty.
"What's your name?" Aki asked softly. "It's ok. I'm your friend."
The girl looked at the Kayva, and said one word.
"Thesia."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars: Prologue
Page 1 of 1