Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars

Go down 
+6
Teria
Janitor
Felix
N
Xion's Memory
FallenSanity
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Empty
PostSubject: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime06/01/14, 01:48 pm

Approved Characters:

Cejiso Ljcien – Fallen
Nikolaus of Uzeduel – Nick
Akihira Nagase – Ruby Rose
Talmira – The Meta
Rúcina – The Doctor
Fila Stithos – Moose
Lora – Yoshino
Anotheyn Tasthomh'aebheyr – ArbitraryByPolar
Aesop Anastasius – Felix
Gejeel – Green

3981 Cultured Era – Autumn
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime06/01/14, 01:50 pm

Cejiso Lcjien, Jazierih of Halid
3981 Cultured Era
Izantin, Shaeh Road

In a sudden loud billowing of noise and a single yelp from a man, one of the horses of the large convoy bucked up into the air, rearing itself before coming crashing down on the dunes. Many of the animals had been left without food or water for the past few days since the last checkpoint, and they’d already lost a fourth of the cattle.
As Ironkitoi rushed down to help the man in hopes the sand had in some way kept him uninjured, Cejiso Ljcien kept at the head of the group, not looking back once. He didn’t like how rough this journey had gotten, but as long as the people believed they’d make it in one peace all would be fine.

“Jazierih Cejiso, we must make rest soon. If you rush us to Jiyiyad, many more of the flock will die, and not just livestock.”

Sijil was the Capital Steelbyziar under Cejiso, one of the favoured subjects of the Ljnn. He’d often partaken in missions with Sijil alone, and they’d come back victorious more time than he can count. He was one of few people that the Ljnn would take council from, but right now was the worst time for it.

“We are running out of food very fast, Sijil, and this journey has already taken twice as long as intended. If we can make it to Jiyiyad, Shayrüsh will give us place to rest for a few days as well as a new batch of food and hopefully stock to carry with us. If we’re lucky many of these people will also depart there to meet those beloved by them. If we do not move fast, then we will stop moving all together.”

And with that, Cejiso snapped the reigns and broke off into a gallop, to see just how far his target was.

The long empty dunes rolled for miles on all sides, desert having engulfed sand and tree long ago. It was like the wildlands of Otaizen itself really, which was why so many of it’s people settled here. But Cejiso new that unlike Otaizen, many beasts roamed these deserts, some darker and more terrible than any others in all the world. Some still yet unknown to it’s victims.
The long travel worn path that snaked through the dunes lead Cejiso further and further, past oasis, past skeleton, past everything, before finally in the distance he could see it, a great dark stone wall, with towers on every side. The city of Jiyiyad, home of Prince Shayrüsh Indoín. Cejiso smiled, pulling his turban down as he felt the hot glare of the sun on his flesh. In an instant, he felt as if all the water in his body had simply evaporated.

“Blasted heat. Of all places they had to live out in the burning firestorm of the desert.”
Cejiso looked down into one of the nearby ditches, seeing a few skeletons clutching at spears and swords. Caspialga most likely, cut down by the defence force of Uzeduel.
He turned for a moment, pulling out of the saddlebag a wooden pole, fixed to it a banner of the house of Halid. He spent a few moments attaching it to the backplate of his armour, before he rested again, and awaited the caravan to arrive.  

Many minutes later, the sound of horses and cows and people came into earshot, and the convoy was there. Cejiso barely moved the reigns and began to trot, by his side both Sijil and Kaijis, his most trusted troops. In the hands of Kaijis was the great banner itself, of Halid and the Daëlízh family.
As the great party grew nearer and nearer to the gates, with no sight of anyone on the walls or garrisons, the large wooden doors began to part, and let them make entrance.

Cejiso let out a sigh of relief.

---

It had been near a week since they arrived in Jiyiyad so long ago. People had been given rest, bath, and more importantly the fleet had been given a great many months of food, more than enough to quell them. Cejiso had given his thanks to the Prince, in both word and in the form of one of the four 'gifts', which had been cleaned and even redressed while in Jiyiyad. But despite the kindness and the positives of the rest, though many people chose to remain in Jiyiyad with their loved ones or to head to the nearby villages, many had also joined with their convoy, taking advantage of the safety of the large force.

Cejiso took a swig of his flask, enjoying the cool water as he thought on the princes words.

“There will not be a future in Izantin if the Caspialga dominate any of our capitals, Cejiso. They’re not tribals who bare sticks and stones and nothing more. They’re soldiers. They’re an empire raised to defeat us. And unless we do something fast…”

Shayrüsh had a way of making people rethink things. He wasn’t stupid or arrogant, like so many rulers out there. He was still young, but he was a genius tactician. Inexperienced, yet one of the greatest political men out there. Cejiso smiled to himself at the thought of the young prince ruling over Izantin, and indeed the whole Empire one day.

This journey was so different to the last. Walking through the heat, the rain, the winds of a peaceful land was one thing. But now the force was faced with passing through a warzone. They were nearing Uzekidan already, but still the threat of Caspialga was on all sides. Indeed, they had passed the old battlefields more than once and seen the torn corpses of men too butchered to identify.
He could hear it in the murmurs, people were growing wary.

They needed to move. Uzekidan was so close… so close…
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime07/01/14, 07:44 am

Akihira was sitting at the feet of Thesia. The slave was sleeping peacefully under a blanket, her head pillowed on her arm. The Kayva sighed softly. Her compromise sucked, but at least she could have them treated as humans.
She nearly lost it when some guards started to perv on them. Rude comments, touches. Thesia looked so broken.

Aki sung softly as the slaves slept, waiting for the convoy to resume their journey. She was wanting to end the slave trade, but right now...was not the time.
Those eyes.
Those amazing emerald green eyes. Full of nothing but hopelessness.

Her guards had warned her of such things. They only could disrupt the trade when they had the advantage.
Sayoko had said nothing; she merely stayed close to her, being her closest bodyguard in both literal and mental senses.
"You can't save everyone, Aki."
"I can damn well try Yoko. I can damn well try."
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime07/01/14, 08:37 am

A week had passed since my encounter with the chirjun. My wounds had fully healed, and small village of Az had thanked me for discovering what had befallen their friends. However, knowing that a chirjun was so close to them, put them on edge. Unless I caught the beast by surprise, I had no chance in killing it. Even if I planned out the attack, planned it out during a haboob, it would still pick up traces of my scent, and especially now, it knows my scent now.

Bah, I can not change that. Maybe a Mentalist could help out. If they specialized in beasts. Which is a very big "if".
I let out a sigh. I still had to catalogue some of the Arcanic Manuscripts. The Scrolls would write themselves. Writing about what I have learned with my master, a master of Arcanics. He was kind of strange. Explaining the world in a way entirely new to me, and foreign to other people. Or anything really, his explanations had to be shown after they were explain, and they made sense. Plus, after fifteen years, his view made sense. How could it not.

Sunlight shone through the stone slit, it was daylight, and mid-afternoon. One of the slaves should have been here by now. Alba flicked her ear and looked at me. "What?" I said, talking to my feline friend. Alba just curled up into a ball on my bed. She basically told me to go be busy elsewhere. That is, until she needs me. I rolled my eyes, and told her I was heading out to see where the slave is. She didn't respond, but I knew she heard me. I stepped outside into the hot Izantin sun. My adobe was hidden to the untrained eye, built into rock, with wild life growing around it. It was small, but it was home. I set out into the dessert, staff in hand, food, water, sword and dagger, and all I needed.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime10/01/14, 05:35 am

The trip was a little much for Aesop and his crew, they weren't used to the heat. At least on the sea they'd have the breeze to cool them off. But they'd pull through, this wasn't the worst they've been through. And the money they'd be making for crap they got, it was well worth it. Now it was only a matter of getting there without dying by tribals. Doesn't seem so hard.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime10/01/14, 06:05 am

-Fort Jiyiyad-

Get up.  Get up.  Get up, fool!  Jorgen had been sound asleep, resting his head on one of the bar tables, before he felt a violent prod in his ribs.  "Get out of my tavern! I can't have you sleeping on my furniture when the lunch crowd comes in!"  Jorgen's head felt as though it was splitting in half, he may have been regretting those last few drinks he had last night now.  After a couple of moments, Jorgen was able to decipher what the demanding barkeep had just said to him.  "Lunch? is it that late already?"  Jorgen said, before he remembered something.  He quickly stood up, hitting his knee on the table but ignored the pain.  Grabbing his bag and weapon he rushed out the door and down the street, toward the maingate.

Jorgen heard that a group of travelers or soldiers had come into town and were planning on heading to Uzekidan, which is exactly where the mercenary had been planning on heading to for some time, but needed a few more bodies to make the journey with.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime10/01/14, 06:07 am

Airo looked around, keeping his arm up infront of his face so he wouldn't inhale any sand that might blow in. He had a perfectly good mask around his neck he could use, but he knew what that mask would do if he put it on. Moyar spoke to him in his mind. +How much longer till we get there?+ "I don't know Moyar." Airo said outoud. "Hey captain? How much longer do you think?" He then asked to the main a little ways ahead of him.

Last edited by Ammo on 11/01/14, 05:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime10/01/14, 08:22 pm

Aesop turned his head to answer. "I'm not entirely sure where we are right now." He laughed heartily before looking ahead again. He thought about asking how much longer but decided against it. If there's even a hint of a chance of being found out he wasn't going to risk it. And talking to soldiers probably wasn't the best way to stay undetected...
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime11/01/14, 12:27 am

After the morning walk back in Cantai and seeing the groups of soldiers and citizens gather up, Rúcina had decided to sneak into the convoy aswell, hoping for many a chance of looting and stealing his way to a couple of riches.

He wasn't wrong about that, but the walk to Jiyiyad had almost killed them all. Now the convoy was preparing to move out again and Rúcina had to question whether it was worth it. His gold purse was more full after finding a fence in Jiyiyad and he could stay, but rumors were coming out that the city was in danger.

"I just don't know"

"..."

"What do you think I should do?"

"..."

"You're no help. You've never been a help."

Rúcina flung the tankard that he was talking to across the room and stood up, staggering to the door.
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime11/01/14, 02:25 am

Fila kept focused on carrying on with the convoy of merchants, making sure to act casual. Being discovered wouldn't be the greatest thing, so carrying on undetected would be much easier, and much more profitable.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime11/01/14, 05:14 am

+Tell our captain he should figure it out before I slice him up the gut.+ Moyar thought at his counterpart. -No. I won't say that, he's our captain, and you wouldn't dream of doing that to our paycheck. You love the money we get too much.- Airo thought right back. +Tell him anyway!+ Airo sighed. "Captain? Moyar would like me to tell you he's getting impatient about our current location." Airo finally relented, as Moyar sighed angrily inside.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime11/01/14, 06:23 am

"Ah, right. Moyar... Well tell him I'm working on it." Aesop sighed a long, drawn out sigh. He didn't want to risk it but... he was also curious how much longer. He looked around for the person in charge, probably the most decorated soldier on a horse. Aesop thought he had found him somewhere in the front leading a bunch of other, similar looking soldiers.
He wasn't sure if he should bow or any of that other crap, so he just walked up behind him and asked very plainly.
"Where are we? And how much longer until we get there?"
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime13/01/14, 05:47 am

Rúcina walked to the stables. He threw a bag of gold on the table in front of the stabler. He walked over to the horses while the guy counted them out and picked out the two that he wanted.

"There's not enough here for two horses"

"You want to sell these horses?"

"500."

"3"

"No way. I can sell one of those horses for more than that."

"Good luck, from what I hear around here, this town isn't the safest right now. If I lived here, I'd look to get as much gold as I could and get out quickly."

"I guess you're right"

Rúcina gave the man a nod and saddled both horses up then walked over to the table. He split the coin pile and pocketed one half. He smiled and walked out with both the horses, leaving the stabler with an open mouth.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime13/01/14, 06:27 am

Cejiso heard behind him someone talking at him. Judging by the accent they were Otaizen, though he could hear that they were far from raised among his kind. Perhaps in the eastern islands where Otaizen had only recently begun their new attempt at breeding out locals. Cejiso did not turn to look back at the one questioning him, but smiled all the same.

"Traveller, we are on the Marianis Gap, now. We passed a mountain some time back, Mount Zaszad. We saw no signs of tribal presence in the area, and my scouts confirmed none up ahead, which means we will walk until sunrise. If your men are feeling ill or sick or tired, perhaps you wish to join the contingent I am sending to Anhara."
Cejiso nodded to one of the men riding by his side, and suddenly, a massive number of their own soldiers split off from the group and made it's way through the desert. Overhearing Cejiso, dozens of men and women rushed to join the group, pushing and shoving to ensure they could join in. Cejiso knew these were more than anything family men and women though.
Those with a lust for adventure or gold headed to Uzek, as was custom.

A few Kayva flicked their ears back as they saw on the back of a camel, the tied up figure of one of the three remaining slaves. She seemed far more tired than the rest, and those few soldiers going with her shot her dark, cruel glares and smiles. Her fate would be one Cejiso would wish upon no man or woman.  
"Emissary, perhaps send some Kayva to accompany the girl."
Cejiso looked back for a moment to see who had remained. Amazingly, it seemed that the numbers had almost halved. Zedubiun was the home of many people though, and many of them were far healthier than those in Uzekidan. Families had fled to the state after the plague arrived, and now, though it's populace did not rival that of Uzekidan, still it was a lively land.
He then saw the 'merchant' still walking behind his horse.

"Young man, simply wait. Can you hear that? Surely you cannot, but that is running water. The First River. Once it is crossed, we will be in Uzekidan."

Cejiso took a deep breath, and smiled again. It was a lovely day, despite the heat.

---

The heat slammed down over them now, as the sun let itself out fully upon them. People were fighting the desire to simply collapse and give up, those few who had taken their chance at the river wishing they'd taken more. The water was already evaporating, the heat ruining them all. Cejiso wished he'd gone on ahead at this point. He looked back at his most important cargo and swore under his breath.

"Everyone, mount up. Anyone on foot, try to sit up on the cargo movers and trailers. We are going to speed up. Only the tired, young or elderly should not run."
His commands confused more people than he'd hoped, and as people clambered up into wagons and trailers, others were scared. How fast would they move? How far?

And suddenly, Cejiso broke into a sprint, his horse bolting over the sand and leaving them all in the dust.

---

The group had been forced to stop long ago, when two people fell over in tired heaps, their skin burning. After mounting them up, the group had finally began to move again, and finally, as the sun set over the horizon, had met up with Cejiso, mounted on the highest dune in the region.

"Welcome, my weary travellers. Welcome..."

The massive group came up over the hill and saw in the distance the great carved cliff face of Uzek.

"To Uzek."

Cejiso and his people walked slowly up to the large, carved gate at the head of the canyon. It was here that Uzek began, and all good things in the world ended. Though, only Cejiso here truly knew that.

"Open for the Host of Halid and Izantin. We have come for good, to deliver hope and ensure your victory of the Caspialga."

There was dead silence, and then suddenly the loud spine shaking scraping of stone, as the gates opened up. Cejiso lead the many hundreds of people, and to the horror of the visitors, they saw the Outer Uzek for what it truly was.

Thousands of people, densely packed and sick, coughing and choking and running at the sight of soldiery. Many houses shut as they passed through, and others opened in curiosity only to shut up tight again. Cejiso spoke up, smiling cruelly.
"There is a reason this place is called the Rim of the Plague. Touch no one and no thing."
The group moved on through the canyon for many minutes, before it opened up into a great vast valley, and before them, a brilliant stone wall.
Cejiso stopped and turned, to face his host. His smile was gone now.

"To those of you with family in the Outer Uzek, I am sorry to say to you, farewell. I wish unto you and your families the greatest of health, and that you will see peace, in some form, if we are to meet again. To those of you who are allowed to, can afford to, or are invited to Inner Uzek, enjoy yourselves. You will be safer than most any beings in all of Easthur."

As the wooden gate behind him began to open, along the wall dozens of soldiers clad in chainmail and leather came out of nowhere, holding great rods of fire and death down at the crowds to hold them back. These were called by their inventor, hand cannons, and they were the greatest tool the Otaizen had ever hoped to have.

As the final remnants of the vast travelling company made it's way into Inner Uzek, Cejiso could head swords being drawn by the guards in the streets, many of them pushing back against the people of Outer Uzek so desperate to get inside. The Jazierih turned back for a moment, his host travelling by him as he dismounted and drew his own sword. People were begin to look around.
"Do not stop. Keep moving, ensure the gate can be closed."
It did not take long after that for the large wooden gates to slam shut. But Cejiso had still seen it, the blood of innocents drench the streets. Uzek was no haven.

The Ljnn looked at his people, or what was left, and was dumbfounded for a brief moment, when he saw all but a few merchants and businessmen were left amidst his army, the Kayva and Otaizen force split down the middle, despite any attempts either races officials ever tried to make to show their friendship.

"Whichever of my men remain, we are heading to the Mayja Höpha, to meet with the Exarch. He wishes to meet us and his new soldiers."
Cejiso eyed the merchants, raising his brow a little, but turning it aside. They were an odd bunch, and though many of them clearly were looking for places to sell, others seemed a little more... on edge.
"Let us move."

Last edited by Fallen on 13/01/14, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime13/01/14, 12:46 pm

Talmira, because of a small importance as both an archer and scout, had been given a horse by the militia. Of course, Talmira's threat of tripling her payment seemed to have crossed their minds. She had kept up her hood even as they passed through the gates, her keen eyes watching to see if they made any sudden moves.

It's not like I have anything against them. I don't know them personally, so I have to be suspicious...

Not a second more, the cry of a falcon split the sky as a small shadowy spec came down in a power dive. The feathered creature swooped over the convoy, letting out one more cry as it buzzed the Kayva contengent at great speed.

It finally slowed down as the bird of prey dropped what looked like a small animal into the hand of the hooded Ljnn, settling on Talmira's right shoulder in a sound of flapping feathered wings. She tore off a small piece of the falcon's prize, giving a reward to the hardy creature.

"Good work, Vietor. You did well to find this," giving the falcon an affectionate stroke on its feathered head. That the bird made it this far, twas indeed a great feat from both itself and its master.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime13/01/14, 09:39 pm

Akihira flicked her hand. A contigent broke off immediately.
"Any wrongdoing will be dealt with swiftly." She advised him. She resumed watching the road, her guard glancing around warily. It was quiet.
But not too quiet really.

As tye gates opened, Akihira nearly threw up. It was disgusting, inhumane.
"Thats ridiculous." She muttered. "Wrong."
She forced herself to keep looking ahead...knowing reaction could mean she would deal out her charity.

Last edited by Xion's Memory on 14/01/14, 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime13/01/14, 10:47 pm

I found the slave I was looking for. He was lost in the sands, he'd strayed from the runes that marked the way to my adobe. He had no book with him, nothing of scholarly interest or value, and he had no money. I looked at him and asked what was his reason for bearing no thing for me. His response was not one I was expecting, but it did not surprise me. He brought word of traveling men, of warriors, merchants, and Soldiers, marching to Uzek. War with the rebellious Caspialga had begun officially. This was interesting news, but it was not news that I thought was worthy of him coming to me empty handed. I questioned him as to why he had nothing, again. His response, again, was that of the marching soldiers, the warriors, the city, he could not get entrance to. He had been blocked by the event. I scowled, and sent him on his way to the town of Az, then returned home.

I drew up several maps of the region, some local, some not, some drawn by me. I looked at the roads, and the markings on the map that signified where the plague was most prevalent and where the rebel attacks had taken place in the past. I cross referenced these attacks and the plague spread, because I felt like stalling. the real reason I drew out the maps, was to find this, army, who by now will still be in the City of Uzedual. I took out a letter, an old, slightly damaged, bloodstained, ink stained, letter, inviting the "Hermit who lives somewhere by Mount Zaszad" to the Palace for inquiry. The messenger bearing the letter was eaten by the local wildlife. Apparently he was never told that he would be passing a den of a certain large, winged, beast. I discovered the letter, days after the man had been ravaged by the scavengers of the land, and read the letter that had been written weeks prior.

The letter was written by a guard, who believed in the stories that the people of Az told about me. Whatever the stories were about, interested this guard enough to send a message of inquiry. I read the letter again. Noticing the letter seemed different from before. In fact, the more I read the letter, the more things stand out. After an hour of reading the same thing over and over, I realized that it was a hidden message, written by a fellow Scholar. This letter was not written by anyone related to the Palace at all!

But I can not look into this right now, I was doing something. I do not remember what I was doing.

I looked over at my feline friend. Who stared at me like I was an idiot.

Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime14/01/14, 03:34 am

I stared at Alba for a minute. Before I sighed, and folded the letter and put it back on the bookshelf. I was just being dramatic. The letter was a letter of inquiry, but it was not one from the palace, but from Uzek, a family member of one of the Azians (people from the town of Az), had requested that I attempt to cure an illness his son had contracted. I had gleaned from the letter that his daughter was sick as well, but he was more worried about his son. That was why I was looking at the maps and cross referencing the plagued areas with the Caspialga attacks, to plot a course through the wilderness and avoid going through all of small towns who were sick with the plague, and avoid the possibility of running into a caspialgan. Despite the task at hand, I felt that my life had stagnated to helping out the village of Az, using my magics to heal, protect and otherwise be a thankful slave to the great and wonderous people of Az.

I tried to wipe the negative thoughts from my mind. I choose to help these people. Though, less to help them and more to practice the Art. I rolled up the maps, and placed them in their storage container. I knew what markers to look for while traveling the great and expansive desert. I left my humble adobe, leaving my poor Alba to fend for herself. Like she usually does. Without my help.

My journey across the hot sands was a long one. Walking to Uzek by foot would take some time, but with the right route, and favorable weather, I would make it relatively quickly. Relative to me taking the roads to Uzek. I walked west, towards the River Torezim, from there I would boat into the Tot lake, and sail Tot until the First River, and then walk to Uzek. The whole journey would take many days and nights.

---

I spent much of my coin hiring a ferry on the river Torezim heading towards Uzek, not many of the locals wanted to head that way. It took many bribes and many assurances to secure a boat. I did, however, and we sailed down the river. Though the view was beautiful, I could not help but wonder at the conditions of the surrounding area. We passed a few unnamed towns or villages with small fishing harbors, but we never docked at them for fear of the Plague. Many of these places seemed devoid of life, abandoned. The ferryman and I fished for our food each night, and we only just sustained ourselves this way.

By the time we were in Tot, I was sick of fish. And by the time we reach shore, I was positively sick of the smell, taste, and look of fish. I almost could not stomach the fish meals we had left.

The Ferryman left me on the shore, and departed, taking what little fish there was left for himself. I did not mind, I was sick of fish. The rest of the way to Uzek would be difficult. Avoiding the local wildlife all but impossible. Unless they were frightened off by a large force heading towards Uzek. That would make things somewhat easier.

I walked the desert for two days before I saw any sign of sentient life, apart from the occasional animal that was attracted by my scent, and attempt to eat me. Many of the animals I came across looked sick themselves, probably from eating the diseased. A few miles after seeing the third or fourth diseased animal I came across a shallow grave. A shallow, mass grave of dead, formerly diseased people. The animals in the area must have gotten sick from eating the putrid meat. Which says to me that food on the whole is pretty scarce right now in the desert. For an animal to resort to eating the flesh of the diseased dead. I did what I could to bury the bodies more completely, so that animals could not consume of the infected meat, thus protecting them from themselves.

After I had put many miles between myself and the grave I found signs of life in the form of horsemen, riding away from my position, I did not recognize the armor right away, but I thought it would be a good idea to follow them. In a short time they were out of my sight, but I kept my course, following their horse tracks all the way to Uzek. Where I saw what must have been outer Uzek. A current haven for disease. And people.

I entered outer Uzek, and brought a cloth over my mouth, so I would have at least some protection from the diseased air here. I followed some men all the way to the wooden gate, and saw a man, or Ljnn, on a horse, speaking with his men. I cut through the various Kayva and Soldiers, as they split themselves, and tried to blend in with the remaining crowd.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime14/01/14, 08:42 am

Cejiso and his force, and the few remaining salesmen and travellers, walked up through Inner Uzek, and Cejiso sighed to himself as he looked around. Somehow, since his last visit, it had actually gotten nicer. The plants were green, the slabs were carved and polished, and everyone wore beautiful silk as music played throughout the area. How these people lived with themselves, he did not know.
Or at least, he did not think he did. The sad truth was he lived in the exact same way, above those who he ignored.

"Merchants best set up around here. If you're not selling your best goods, do not expect to sell any goods. These people are... rather picky, one could say, and they get some of the best goods in the world. Some you'd all wish to see."
As the group made it's way through the group, Cejiso kept his gaze ever upon the rising stairs that led them up every level of the city. Merchant rings, living areas, nobility, and then all the way at the top, the grand palace and church of the lords of Izantin.
Cejiso moved up the stairs slowly, as a few men came to gather the horses and lead them to the stables. As all of his men followed close, Cejiso let out a loud sharp whistle.
"Akihira. Come, join me as we walk."
He wished to speak with her, and also keep her away from the slaves as they were taken down from their podium and chained up, as they began their walk.

Cejiso let out a light sigh to himself. He'd given up two hundred men on this journey, an exarchiani for both Uzeduel and Zedubiun, leaving him with a meagre three hundred men, and however many Kayva were left. But still, Ironkitoi and Steelbyziars were more than most gave them credit for.
By the time the Kayva joined his side, Cejiso cleared his throat, speaking as they entered the housing area.

"This trip must have been hard for you. The desert of Easthur are not like those of your home, I hear."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime14/01/14, 07:18 pm

Days before, when Jorgen tried meeting up with the small army that had been passing through Uzeduel, he had been too late and after trying to catch up with the group, he finally excepted that wasn't going to happen and he was already so far out that he decided to continue the trek on his own.  Thankfully, Jorgen was used to the extreme conditions that Izantin had to offer and was able to survive such a journey, with the help of a pack with pretty much nothing but trail rations, water and a map of the area.  But, Jorgen had never been far into Uzekidan, the one time he had been in the diseased land, he only got to the first village, never even making it to the city before turning back to Uzeduel.

For many years, Jorgen had been putting off this trip.  Going to Uzekidan to retrieve a good bit of coin some of the local sailors of the city owed him for handling not-so legal goods, back at the old district he was from.  The only reason he was doing this now was because there was a lack of jobs back in Uzeduel, so Jorgen needed a little extra gold for basic living expenses, such as food and drinks at the tavern.

Jorgen was coming up on his destination.  The stone doors weren't far now.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime15/01/14, 12:11 am

"It is nothing like the forests." She said. "But we are a strong people. The heat doesn't really affect us. Fire magic and all." She frowned. "They raped that slave. The tired one. But due to their status i couldnt risk war." She clenched her hands. "Next time, diplomacy be damned, Jazierih." She rinished.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime15/01/14, 12:27 am

"I do not chose to identify myself with the lowlives that commit such acts, Emissary. If they used her, abused her, or in any way harmed her, then we will find out. If the gift is accepted, then it means she will be fit for use by the Patrician, and that was all that I hoped for. If she is turned away, then you and your host will be able to enact your bloodlust on the fools who may cost us a war. Understand?"

Cejiso did not take the time to hear her response, and instead made his way to a nearby jewellery stand where he picked up a small gem. It was crystal clear, and entirely uncut. As the soldiers walked by him, now following the momentary command of Sijil, Cejiso turned the gem in his hands slowly.
"What is this? Some new form of graphite?"
The salesman laughed to himself, before gently taking the gem out of Cejisos hand.
"No no, dear Ljnn, it is far greater than any gem anyone has ever found. Unbreakable, beautiful, and eternal."
The man held it up, letting the suns rays shine through it.

"It is a diamond. Rarer than any gem in the world, and costing more than most cities. This... this is the jewel that will rule the trade routes soon."

Cejiso raised his brow, nodding. He only came to look at it, but he would remember that name.
"Thank you, sir. I merely came to look, and you gave me far more than that. You have trades then, with these diamonds?"
But, he was already distracted by a customer. Cejiso let go, as he hurried up to his regiment, sighing a little.

"Diamond..."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime15/01/14, 12:50 am

"Good." Was all Akihira said. Her own hand tightened on her sword.
She silently prayed to the goddess, that she would have her turned away. The Kayva desp...no, hated slavery. And their very blood now called for retribution.
Akihira wanted that retribution.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime15/01/14, 01:13 am

Rúcina had been late to catch the convoy and they were already ahead on their march. By the time he reached Uzekidan, it had cost him both horses. At least the vultures would have eaten well, judging by the corpses on the way.

He'd actually almost beaten the convoy there, which shocked him. It provided some good pickpocketing chances though and he walked away with another bag of coins, adding to his growing pile.

There was the obvious leaders of the convoy up in front, and Rúcina decided to bring some attention to them too. After all, it wasn't fair that only the poor paid for him. He slowly sauntered up, acting drunk and chatting away to himself as he got closer.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime15/01/14, 02:22 am

By the time Cejiso had joined the group, they were at the top of the stairs. The men he had lined up in groups of fifty, Steelbyziars at the front, swords and shields up in show, while Ironkitoi formed up behind them, their axes and spears held firmly in both hands. After a moment, Sijil, Mehhid al-Darim, Ali Cavys, and the Bearer of the Sigil of Daëlízh, Kaijis, stood by their respective units, each the leader of fifty men, with Cejiso standing at the head of all four, looking over his regiment for a moment. After a while, Cejiso cleared his throat, and begun to give out commands.

"Men in the second rows, raise your bucklers, it will give a more defensive impression than offensive. Archers, move to the very back, that way the Exarch will be able to see you more appropriately from his seat... Kaijis, hold it higher. We need them to know that the Daëlízh family is here to support them to the very end."

Again, he did the patrol, and nodded to himself and his men, smiling. "Not perfect, but it will do us fine for the moment, I am certain."

Cejiso looked over to Akihira, and beckoned her to his side.
"Your men should look organized, as ours do. There are few of them, so perhaps position them as a support behind our units."
As Cejiso watched on, he groaned as he saw the merchants and travellers still standing by them, confused and seemingly intimidated.
"Sikim."
The Jazierih made his way down to them, sighing and scratching his chin a little.
"I'm sorry, but do any of you have any actual invites to the palace? If not, I must turn you aside. I apologize for the inconvenience. Those of you here for family best make your way, and the rest of you should set here for a while. Once the festivities have calmed down, I am certain you will see a boom in your businesses. Many people reside in the palace with pockets fat with Ger. More than enough to pay you all several times over."

Cejiso grabbed the hilt of his sword, smiling as a soldier came over to him, handing over the Jazierihs helmet, which he held under his right arm, his left rest still on the hilt. He noticed from the corner of his eye a man pushing a seemingly drunken Ljnn over into the concourse.
"Well?"

(NOTE: To those of you without invites/specific reasons to be allowed within the palace, contact me preferably through chat or Steam, and we can figure something out)

Last edited by Fallen on 16/01/14, 09:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime15/01/14, 02:28 am

Akihira snapped her fingers. Immediately the Kayvan troops rallied behind Ceijso's forces. They entered a simple square formation, the outside lined with shield-bearing Kayva, the biggest and strongest, while slightly taller ones with lances. The rest carrying swords or axes while the center had archers. Akihira turned to Ceijso. "Will that do?" She asked calmly, her nine tails laying over the back of the horse.

She then trotted over and cut Thesia down. "Up."
She pulled Thesia in front of her. "You deserve more respect then that." She rrotted back to Ceijso. "If you disapprove, then be advised i do not care." She turned her horse. "On your lead."
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime16/01/14, 02:40 am

Aesop nodded and turned around, barking orders to who stayed to set up shop. Honestly he wouldn't have followed for so long if he hadn't been awestruck. "...Fila, Airo, One-eye and Splicer, I want you all to guard while they unload..." By now the people he told to get the stalls up had already started moving. After he finished giving orders he left the staircase and followed his crew.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime16/01/14, 08:42 am

Exploring Uzek, I discovered that the man with relations in Az, was actually some sort of wealthy merchant or noble. I was not sure, for all I could see was the wealth he had; the fine linens, rigs, vases, quantity of slaves, size of home, the clothes he and his slaves wore. Truly, the reason beyond this mans request was lost on me. This man could easily afford to go to a doctor, as opposed to asking for assistance from someone who lived many days away.

I must have looked in awe, when he showed me around his home, before taking me to his son, for he asked, "you have not been to a place filled with such grandeur as this, have you?" Indeed I had not, for I told him, "I have lived alone in the desert for many years, more often than not, I am not inside of a house." Although I knew that was not a direct answer to his question, he seemed satisfied with it, though what he took from it, I could only guess.

"Now, before I take you to my boy, you," he paused as he looked me over, "you need to bathe, and your clothes, ugh," he held up his hands, "I will not have you ruin any of my fine items with your uncleanliness, I shall have my slaves bathe you, and wash these rags you have come in with. You won't be needing that stick, or those weapons," Funnily enough, the staff I carry is more of a weapon than the sword and dagger, more deadly too. "Don't worry, we'll put them in a safe place and return them to you." He called for his slaves almost as soon as he finished talking. He was a very talkative person. "Alright, now, while the servants prepare the hot water for the bath," I almost began to tune him out, as I observed the surroundings, and watched some of his many slaves walk about, doing chores I could only guess at. As the man talked, we walked to a garden he had. There were two small ponds, adorned with tile or stone. He had a few plants in it, but they grew large, not wildly with abandon, they were trimmed and kept neat, but they filled the space well.

"...And then, after this ceremony you'll have to be introduced to the heads of the noble houses. You might get to see the Sultan tonight." Perhaps tuning out this man was not the best decision.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime17/01/14, 07:05 am

Cejiso stands for a moment, taking a deep breath. He ignored the Kayvas words, and could hear behind him the movements of the travellers and traders. It took him a few more moments of preparation, steadying himself, before he nodded to the two guards by either side of the grand doors. With all their strength they pulled the doors open, and the army made it's way in for a grand entrance.

The sounds of music swept over them, as the light of the grand palace shone down upon him. The grand pillars of ivory and marble, the glass windows stained with purples and greens, the ceramic ceiling and walls that were made to display the victories of the Otaizen Empire, and the many seats and walkways and thrones of the nobles and lords that resided here. And at the back, the grand throne of Izantin, upon which the Exarch of Uzekidan and all Izantin Jahéed Daëlízh sat, his trophy-wife Amina of Uzekidan standing by him, looking down with a smile so fake it was practically haunting. The Exarch spent a split second with his eyes on Cejiso, and instantly his face went to gloom.

As Cejiso stepped forward, he felt his body heat up as he saw the crowds already gathered, dancing and singing and moving around. The party had begun early it seemed, and Cejiso felt his teeth scraping together as he snarled. After a moment, the people nearest him stepped aside, letting him through as he held a hand out for his men to stay back.

Moving through the crowds, Cejiso finally saw in the centre two women dancing to the music, laughing and smiling and, painfully enough, recognisable. Cejiso closed his eyes, held his breath for a moment, and simply watched. He was the only man dressed his way in the whole room, and he was hard to miss.

He knew she'd recognise him, at the least. He smiled a little on the outside, but he had to do everything in his power to keep himself from exploding.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime17/01/14, 07:24 am

Akihira stayed close to Ceijso, but kept Thesia with her. Hiding her against her side, under her long cloak, Akihira kept near Ceijso, three of her nine tails wrapping around the scared girl comfortingly.
Akihira waited, ears tweaking and twitching as she drunk in the sounds, scanning.

Then she heard it. The unmistakable sigh of annoyance, that particular fluctuation.
"So. This got interesting." She said to herself.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime17/01/14, 08:47 am

The merchant, noble, or noble merchant continued to fill my ears with the sound of his voice. After some time listening to the man, his voice became a vexation. I did not let it show however, keeping my head leveled, I smiled and nodded when I thought it was required of me. Playing the good ear, while I explored the rooms with my eyes. I waited patiently for the man to stop, and when the opportunity to interrupt him came, I asked about his son that needed healing. The expression on his face went from jovial to almost neutral at the mention of his son. "Yes, yes, alright. Let me show you where he is." I gave a shallow bow to him, and followed him out of the room to his sons'.

The room was dark, and at first I thought it was empty, save an odd shape in the bed that was built across from the door. The noble-merchant lit a candle, and walked toward the bed. I followed on his heels. When I saw the face of his son, just his face, I began thinking about what ailed him so. He was pale, and sweating. He was covered in layers of blankets, I had to see the rest of his body to remove my suspicion of a snake bite, or other sort of poisonous bite, but the noble-merchant stopped my hand. "What are you doing?!" I looked at him confused, "You wanted me to help heal him, right?" He looked very emotional at that point, he was breathing heavily, "Look, I'm not going to hurt him, I need to see what's wrong exactly, so I need to remove the blankets so that I can see more than just his face." In the dim candle-light, I could see the distress on his face, and the shaking of his hands. "hold the candle still, I need to get a good look at him." He must not be sure if he can trust me. His actions are out of worry for the safety of his son, the heir to his legacy. He should be afraid.

I stripped away the blankets, and the under clothes of the son, and examined his body by the candle light. He had no bite marks, that I could see, on his body. He also seemed to be in a sleeping state, unstirred by the undressing of his body. His heart rate is high, and his body warm. I turned to the noble, "When did he become ill?" I asked. "I am not sure, a few days ago, a few weeks maybe?" He must not be home very often then. "Is there anyone in this household that can give me a better answer?" This was a little out of line, he was the man of this house, and in a way, the king of his house, asking this question I basically told him that what he told me was not good enough.

He looked at me, scowling, and thrust the candle unto me and stormed out of the room, leaving me and the sick boy alone. "Now that it's just the two of us, let's see what you've been up to..." I said quietly as I continued my examination of the body. He opened his eyes, to look at their color, and I saw nothing out of place, other than his lack of a response. Holding the candle so that I could see into, but not let the candle drip into, his mouth was difficult, but I managed, and noted some abnormalities. Then, I touched him. I felt his bones, his muscles, his body, looking for a physical sign of change, I found none that I could detect, but in order to know for certain, I needed him to be awake. However, in his current condition, that was impossible. Thinking of what else I could do, I listened to his heart beat for a few minutes. It was beating fast, he was sweating, he wasn't conscious, he had white specs in his mouth. I closed my eyes and thought.

The noble-merchant disturbed me when he re-entered the room, now with a slave. "Do you know when he fell ill?" I asked immediately upon seeing the slave woman. "I-it was about-t two and half weeks ago, he complained of feeling ill and went to see a healer, by himself, then he came back and he's... been in bed often ever since." What. He went to a man who could heal him, and instead of being healed, he is worse off. That makes perfect sense. Not. "He didn't eat anything while he was here, or drink anything that you saw or do anything unusual when he got back?" Her eyes flicked to the noble-merchant and then to the ground. She knew something. "N-no I didn't." She is shaken, I need to calm her down so that she's comfortable speaking with me. "Sir, if I may be so bold, could you go to the market, or send some of your servants to the market, and obtain some herbs for me?"

He looked daggers at me, I, a common looking vagrant whom he had asked to heal his son, asking him, a noble merchant with infinitely more wealth then I, asking him to do something for me. My people skills are flawless. I need to get out more. "I'll give the list to one of my servants." He sat as flatly as he could. "Excellent, I've already compiled a list." I handed the list to him, and he arched an eyebrow, "What is this, a grocery list? These are fed to the goat or put on our most exquisite platters!" I nodded, "That's what I need. The sooner the better." Giving the man orders, disturbing the caste system, today is a good day for peasants nowhere. He left the room, and as the slave turned to leave I bade her to wait, and she did, "What more do you know?" I asked, hoping that I was right in thinking that she knew more than she revealed when the noble-merchant was present.

"I-I don't know what you mean..." She tried to evade the question. I grabbed her by the arms, and held her closely to my face, looking her straight in the eyes. "You're sure, you know nothing of what illness he has, or what caused it. He did nothing unusual other than going to that healer. Or, you did see something, or were involved with something, and wish not to reveal it for fear of punishment." Her brown eyes were mere inches from mine, and as she looked into my eyes I saw it. She knew something. She stepped away from me and peaked back at the entrance to the room, then back to me, "There's a vial of something in his dresser, he didn't have it when he left, so I looked at it after he drank from it, I couldn't read the label though." His dresser. I looked around the room before seeing the dresser she was talking about, I opened it up and went through it, looking for that vial she mentioned. She stood idly in the center of the room, watching, unsure of what to do. I knew how that felt.

My fingers brushed up against something hard and smooth, I groped for it and withdrew a small glass vial, half full of a clear liquid. I opened the top and wafted it's scent to my nose. I turned to the servant standing in the middle of the room, "Did he ever complain of any stomach pain in the past few weeks?" She looked at me confused, "I- yeah he did." her voice was almost a whisper. "Alright, I need you to do me a favor and bring me some water." I asked. I needed him to drink water, it would help flush out whatever is in his system. She did as I asked, and in a few minutes I had an urn of water, and a small cup. I pour the water into the cup and first doused his head in it, then I took the cup to his mouth, tilted his head, and poured it down his throat.

The result was not immediate, one of my suspicions was true, he was dehydrated. I made him drink more water and he slowly stirred from unconsciousness. I gently slapped his face, and told him to wake up. He opened his eyes, but they rolled around, he could not focus on anything. I took some of the blankets and made a prop, and made him sit upright. This helped, and as his body adjusted to the new position, he began to be more alert. "What is your name?" I asked him, and he mumbled a response, so I repeated my question until he could give it to me more clearly. "Ahmed," I said his name, "What was in that vial you drank?" If he knew, he could not say, for he looked like he was struggling to remember words other than his name. Whatever it was that made him ill was affecting his cognitive skills. I slapped him. "Snap out of it." I said flatly. His head lolled to one side and the back to erectness. I gave him more water to drink, and when he tried to refuse it, I forced it down his throat while the slave watched. I made him drink the entire contents of the urn, the water helped bring him around, but I needed more to get him healthier. Not cured, that will take weeks, but healthier. "That healer has no idea what he's giving out." I said under my breath as I looked at the bed-stricken young man, who was many years my senior.

The noble-merchant did not come back into the room with the herbs I requested, but a slave did, he handed me the the herbs and before I took them I ordered, "Fetch me a mortar and pestle please." I brought the herbs out into the garden, so that I could see them properly. I refilled the urn with water from the small ponds in the garden. The salve returned to me with the mortar and pestle, and I began work making a paste that I could further dilute into something drinkable. After many minutes laboring away with the stone in my hands I created my solution, the work of alchemical practice and medicinal understanding. I re-entered the room to find the noble-merchant sitting by his son, tears in his eyes. I walked in the room and stopped, the man seemed to cradle his son in his arms, "is something the matter?" I asked plainly, as I held the solution in my hands. He turned to me and I saw anger in his eyes. "You!" He said loudly, I did not step back, or react in kind, I just stood there, "Me?" I said dumbly. His voice quivered with anger, "What have you done to my son, my beloved son!" What is he on about, "I beg your pardon? What are you talking about?" He stood up from the bed and took two steps towards me, and in those two steps I looked over at his son, who seemed to have fallen back into the sleeping state he was in before, only different. I could not quite place the difference though.

The noble-merchant walked towards me with such gusto that I thought he'd run into me, but he did not, he stopped right in front of me. He was breathing hard and shaking, clearly a very emotional man. I did not say a word. He pushed passed me and walked out of the room. I have no idea what's wrong with him. The vial was sitting on top of the dresser, where I had left it before. That's good, I thought, as I sat down next to the son with my medicine in hand. I put my hand on his jaw and the first thing I noticed was the temperature change. I furrowed my eyebrows, and force fed him the medicine I had made. He swallowed weakly. Something has changed. I thought to myself. I listened to his heart, yet again, and discovered that his pulse rate was dropping, and that his breathing was short and ragged.

I sat and listened for a while, not certain as what to do. So I waited for the medicine to take effect. It would not take long, I chose specific herbs that would be absorbed easily by most people, or at least the parts I needed to be absorbed quickly would be. I sat by, and watched. His breathing worsened, and so did his heartbeat. I began to worry, these changes were not good. I removed the blanket prop, and began to lay him down on the bed, and then I changed my mind, and dragged him to the floor. I searched the bed for anything that could give me an extra clue, something I should have done before asking questions. I found nothing. Then he stopped breathing. The silence in the room was palpable, I rushed to his side and slapped his face a few times, but it did not work. I closed my eyes and thought, quickly, what do we do when we are alive, we breathe, and how do we breathe: or chest rises and falls, and air comes out of our mouth. Inspiration hit me, I straddled the man, and put my hands in the center of his chest and pushed down and then let up, pushing his chest in and letting it rise on it's own to simulate breathing, I did this for a few minutes, before he started coughing. I got off him, and looked at his face for signs of change. Color had begun to return to his face, and his temperature returned to what would be considered normal.

"What is your name," I asked him once more, "and what was in that vial you took?" He groaned, and looked around, "do you need me to ask you again?" He looked at me, following my voice. "I, what." He was confused. "I am a healer, your father sent for me to cure you of your illness." He nodded, understanding my words, or I hoped, and responded in a sluggish manner, "I don- how long have I been in bed?" I frowned, "I'm not sure, what is your name?", "Ahmed, Ahmed Bihaar." Well, that's good, cognitive function seems to be returning. "Why am I on the floor?" Well, have I got a story for you. I told him what had happened, but not the methods I had used to resurrect him. Then he asked me why he was naked. my mind kind of just, left. I did not answer him. then his father came in a saved me from that awkward moment. "Ahmed?!" The man said, his voice held disbelief and relief, as well as confusion.

"Oh, Thank you!" The man cried to me, clutching at his still naked son. The slave who was here earlier, came in and made her presence known quietly. "Ah yes," he was breathing hard again, only in excitement and joy, as opposed to the emotional roller coaster of anger and grief he had been experiencing earlier. His rapid change in emotion was strange. "You're bath is ready, the servants will see to you." He turned to his son, and began praising the gods he worshiped, and smothering his son in paternal love.

I left the room and the slave whom had helped me, in her way, led me silently to the bath. He had two slaves in the bath, one checking the temperature, and the other standing idly by, waiting for me, I guessed. The servant I had questioned left me in the room almost without word, but as she left I said thank you, and she paused for a moment before leaving with the door to the room closed. The slave standing idly by approached me, as I stood feeling awkward there, with no clear direction to head in. "Let us take care of you." The last time someone said that to me, I was getting my face punched in. This was a strange and unsettling difference. It was also a new experience, and an arousing one. I shook my head, hoping in vain that the physical action would throw the thoughts from my head. It did not, but the slaves looked at each other in the form of nonverbal communication that spoke of worry, in the sense that they thought I was insane. Or might be insane.

(why am I writing this)

With the help of the slave I stripped down, and placed my clothes and weapons aside, where the other slave woman picked them up and left the room, leaving me without sword, staff, or clothes, as I stood naked with the still clothed slave woman and hot bath. I coughed, and looked away. I was slightly embarrassed to have this girl in charge of bathing me. Typically I bathed in sand, which was good, to a point, it was not as cleansing as water. I also felt a little shamed, having not taken a traditional bath in years, I could only imagine how I smelled. "Are you just going to stand there, and wait for the bath to get cold?" She was waiting for me? "you wanted me to get in now?" She just looked at me like I was stupid. Honestly, slave-master relationships confuse me. I stepped, nervously, on jelly legs, into the tub, the water was almost scalding hot, but it felt good. I sand down into the water. The heat was so relaxing. I closed my eyes as I rested in the stonework. While my mind was distracted the slave girl stripped down, and arranged soaps and what I assumed to be bathing items near the tub so that she could access them without leaving the tub. Only when she was satisfied with their placement
did she step languidly into the tub. the warmth of her flesh against mine roused me from me comfortable stupor in the warmth of the tub. Her creamy flesh was smooth and soft to the touch. She laid almost on top of me in the stone bath for a while, letting the heat seep into my bones. And when I thought I was going to fall asleep, she went to work.

She began to rub my skin, kneading into it with muscle. Working my muscles into a relaxed state. "You're so hard." I turned my head, looking at her confused, until I realized that she meant my muscles were tight. I closed my eyes, I was really relaxed. The girl worked my body, relaxing me to the core. Then she scrubbed the dirt from my skin, what had not come off from the massage she gave me. I must have fallen asleep in the bath, because when I woke up I was fully clothed and laying on a bench outside the bath-room. My head felt a little foggy, and my muscles did not want to move. I felt heavy as lead, relaxed, but heavy. I brought myself to a sitting position, and steadied myself as all the blood rush from head to my feet. When the bout of light headedness passed, I stood up, slowly.

Suddenly a pair of slaves turned the corner, I yawned as they approached, exhausted from the bath. The warm water was too relaxing, it seemed. The slaves came to a stop before me, "How do you like your new clothes, sir?" I rubbed my face and looked down, beholding the new vestiments as gifted to me. I thought the clothes were reasonable enough, "They're fine." I said simply, not thinking that this was a noble household and that the words would carry more insult than what I meant to intend. The servants looked at me, at first their mouths were open in shock, that shock moved to a somewhat neutral face, composing themselves in such a way only noble slaves could, or slaves who've been exposed to such a thing for a long time. "Well, it's time to take you to the party, where you'll be introduced to some other nobles." He seemed almost insulted by the fact that someone who was not of noble bearing was being taken to a party where only nobles, the upper class, and select generals could attend. Perhaps the man felt his lot in life was unfair. Before I could finish the though, I was ushered to the party, being lopped in with the noble-merchant himself, and a young woman, whom I have not seen before.

Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime18/01/14, 01:12 am

Talmira took Vietor to the festivities with her, having tied up her horse before she ventured inside behind the pair at a close but discrete distance. She pulled down her cloth mask, a smile decorating her features.

Heh...seems being a mercenary has its advantages...

Her eyes gazed with wonder at the beauty that was dazzling before her very eyes. She resisted the temptation to pilfer a few of the items, all the while staying close behind the pair. The falcon squawked in complaint at the lack of open sky, and Talmira gave the bird a bit of meat for its troubles. She then grinned.

Wonder what they will make of him here?

Talmira came up along Akihira's other side, giving the Kayva a small smile. She said, "Pleasant meeting you again, Akihira. Fate seems to have thrown us along the same path." She then gestured to Vietor, "And don't mind him, he doesn't bite."

Last edited by The Meta on 18/01/14, 01:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime18/01/14, 01:12 am

Fila kept watch as the stalls were set up, in a rather rough fashion. Each one was simply piled with what it could hold, and then left, leaving it in a mess, to put it simply. But it would do, and despite the supposed high expectancies of the people around here, they would eventually break, and buy what they needed before they were shut off.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime20/01/14, 03:43 pm

Leading Thesia through the crowd, she found herself before a pair of girls that looked nothing like the Otaizins around them. They had fairer skin and light hair, a lovely strawberry blonde hair. They were dancing together, the older of the two in an elegant purple dress while the younger was in a more shorter dress of a pink color.
The older one looking a bit annoyed, but the young one? She was having the time of her life, dancing around with...
"Saoirse."
The two slowed and stopped. They turned, and a flicker of a smile appeared on the older one.
The younger one? With a cry of happiness she threw herself onto Akihira. The Kayva smiled and hugged back, but then she pulled away.
"Aki, who's this?"
"Thesia..she...she's...a slave." She said softly. "She's to be given to someone here I believe."
Anastasia McKenna frowned, then placed a hand on Thesia's head. Saoirse moved closer. "Hmph. You are a strong person, Aki."

She nodded. "I have to get her to Ceijso -"
Saoirse looked...stricken...and her cheeks flushed. Aki noticed and said nothing. "I have to go." She swept away, leaving Ana to wonder what the hell just happened.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime20/01/14, 04:02 pm

Cejiso watched as the dancers stopped, and cleared his throat before stepping out into the now empty floor, arms wide as he spoke loudly over the noise, his voice quickly dominating the room. Few were going to speak over a stranger dressed in unfamiliar garb and coated in weapons. At least, few of the 'honourable and proud' that decorated the area.

"People of Izantin! Lords, Ladies, and of course Honoured Exarch! I come to you now with the aid of the great state of Halid!"
As he spoke, the army began to move up, people parting around them as the whole force of Ironkitoi, Standurr, and the few militia that were amongst them occupied the main floor. Despite this, the palace was still far from packed, and it gave people a chance to really realize just how large this building was.
"The Reinforcive Army of Halid! As dictated by Governor Solúmn Daëlízh, this force has come to aid in the conflict against the Caspialga! We, and our Mohol allies, come in hopes of restoring an everlasting allegiance, and in quelling the threat of an enemy that has proven itself at the very least capable! I, Jazierih of Halid Cejiso Ljcien, come to you now to turn the tide of war! Men have been deployed in Uzeduel and Zedubiun, to ensure their activity in the conflict, and so with a full force of these four states united together to the enemy, I am certain we can see an end to this bloody and unnecessary feud!"
What came after could be seen as applause, but that was far from what Cejiso aimed for. He saw before him as the Exarch got to his feet and stroked his beard gently. The Ljnn grinned evilly to himself.

"I, Exarch of Uzekidan and all Izantin Jahéed Daëlízh, welcome this support from the dear state of Halid! You and your soldiers shall be given room and rest, and you will join the offensive shortly. I am sure that with the aid of your army, we can see the Caspialga eradicated once and for all!"
This was what brought applause, the word of the Exarch. But still, the eyes were on Cejiso, for he had been the one that garnered everyones attention, ending the parties and festivities so swiftly.

"And dear Exarch - let me honour you once more. This army, and all it's weapons and might are a gift to the people of Izantin. But this..."
Cejiso stepped to the side as his army separated, a large cart drawn in through them by a trio of strong guards, the wooden wheels creaking as it was drawn in.
"... Is a gift to you."
The beautiful woman looked up at the Exarch, and then down to Cejiso, before dropping her head again. Her bright golden eyes carried the same luster they always had.
"The Princess of the Anica Islands, she was once known. A gift from Halid, from Governor Solúmn Daëlízh, and from me to you, to show our respect and dedication to your reign."
The Exarch grinned widely, clapping his hands together. He was clearly pleased.
"Wonderful! Take her to my chambers and get her cleaned up! She will make a fine addition!" The woman was taken down from the slave wagon and escorted around the large elevated throne, into the alleys behind the hall. Cejiso was glad to see the Exarch so pleased so easily.

"Now then, dear Cejiso, I am certain you will not neglect the people their festivities, especially now that they have been witness to the victory for Izantin?"
The Ljnn smiled and nodded, stepping back as the music began again, louder than ever as people all around began to dance and sing. The army quickly backed out, as they were guided to their barracks. Cejiso looked back, watching his confused men. They were not used to this bizarre treatment.

Cejiso swerved through the crowds, feeling the eyes of the Exarch on him the entire time. Before long, the Ljnn had finally found his target, and ducked out of the side door of the palace, taking a deep calming breath as he saw a guard looking him over.
"Guard, bring me the Kayva girl in there. She'll be accompanied by a-"
A hand quickly silenced him as Akihira walked past him, Thesia close by, and judging by the sounds behind him, the Kayva forces was also with her. So, Cejiso was surrounded.
"Good. You've brought her to me. I must ask you to hand her over so that I may present her for her purpose. Her status of the utmost importance to this operation."
The Kayva sighed, as Thesia walked over to Cejiso, who took her by the arm gently enough to not anger the Kayva. No more words were spoken as Cejiso made his way through the hall and into the passage ways that led to the keep. He could tell, simply from her eyes, that Akihira knew more than he'd hoped for.

The walk was a few minutes long, before Thesia and Cejiso stood at the top of the Pinnacle of the Majya Höpha, the room of the princess. Opening the door, Cejiso heard rustling before finally the princess herself appeared. Ajah of Izantin.

"Dear Princess, it is good to see you again."
She clapped eagerly as she saw her new pet pushed forward violently. Cejiso grinned to himself patiently, awaiting the words of the princess. She walked around Thesia a few times, biting her lips finally before nodding and smiling.
"She looks perfect. This will be so much fun. I thank you, dear Cejiso, for your honourable gift."
The Ljnn scoffed, eyeing both of them.
"No need to be formal. She's a slave, Ajah, nothing more."
The princess laughed, as she attached a collar to Thesia's neck.
"I assume you know what's happening next, dear Cejiso?"
The Ljnn nodded and turned, heading out of the room on his own and closing the door, as he saw the canines of the princess emerge from their kennels at the sight of their new friend.

Cejiso stood at the back of the crowds, his eyes scanning the field for the strawberry hairdo. It didn't take long before he spotted it, and began to dip and dive, heading straight for it.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime20/01/14, 05:04 pm

Thesia shook with fear. The Princess was smirking, then lifted her chin up. "Good...you know exactly what you can't do."
Thesia kept her eyes down, then she felt the Princess tug her forward. She went with the Princess, then felt a forceful tug. She tripped and fell to the ground. She was starting to get on her hands and knees, and...she was allowed.
She didn't get up, and the Princess chuckled. "Good. Now crawl to the dogs, where you belong."

As Thesia crawled, the Princess laid back down on her bed. The dogs sniffed her, but mostly ignored. The Princess watched, then smirked. "Good girl. Now crawl back to me."
Thesia did as asked, and now was below Ajah. The Princess chuckled. "Good. Now away with those clothes. When we leave I will clothe you...but in my chambers, my toys don't get clothes."

Thesia slipped out of the clothes given, and then the Princess grabbed her hair and gently lifted up. Thesia went with it, avoiding eye contact.
"Well trained. Very good. Maybe you do deserve to sleep at my feet." She let go, and Thesia let her head drop. Ajah flicked her hand to a corner. "There is a bed there. Bring it over."

Thesia crawled over and grasped the dog bed. She pulled it towards the location specified, and once it was there, she held away as told.
"You may climb in."
She crawled in and curled up obediently. The Princess clapped. "Ceijso always gives the best presents."

The strawberry-blonde haired woman and her sister, Anastasia, were at a far wall. Saoirse was quiet, but Ana was jabbering away to her sister. Behind their dresses, they held hands.
They dislike Otaizin's cultural crap, as in Boveskerund they held hands in public openly.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime20/01/14, 08:03 pm

Talmira stood there and took a look at the diverse crowd. She raised an eyebrow as her militia liaison Kalid waved her over to the growing militia formation. Talmira sighed, once again deferring to the man that was paying her.

The Ljnn then took her place in the formation, noting with humor that not only was she the only female in the militia formation, but the only Ljnn female in the formation as well.

The irony is amusing, isn't it?

Vietor then gave a squawk of complaint, to which Talmira gave him a small piece of meat and a pat on the head for his troubles.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime21/01/14, 08:39 pm

Jorgen entered the city gates and walked in, seeing many sick yet seemingly happy folk trading in the market.  Happy might not have been the word, perhaps unbothered of their conditions?  Still, Jorgen held his hand discreetly over his mouth and nose as he moved through the city streets.  He made his way toward the docks and once there, saw the many ships floating  still on top of the calm water.

Jorgen began walking down the docks, reading the names of each of the boats before finally seeing the one he was looking for.  "The Undine" the small shipping/fishing boat was anchored onto the dock and seemed quiet.  Jorgen approached the ship, but still he hadn't seen any activity on it.

"Hey! Anyone in there!?"

There was no response.

"Hello!?  Dabir?"

Something must have heard Jorgen, because he then heard rustling inside the cabin before a man stumbled out, not seeming to be able to catch his footing and almost tripped as he moved to the edge of the ship, toward Jorgen.

"What'd ya say, lad?"

This man obviously wasn't from Izantin.  He wore ragged clothes and was as clean as a pig's shit corner, the ship seemed to be in similar condition.  "You're not Dabir." Aidan said, to which the man responded, "Nope.  Dabir died from the plague a few years back.  But he sold me his ship before he went.  What, did you have some sorta business with 'em?"

Aidan was a bit shocked, this was the whole reason he made the journey.  "Yeah...  He owed me some coin."  The man laughed, "Well ye ain't getting it now.  Besides, Dabir was broke a long time before he finally bit the dust, probably wouldn't ever had gotten payed anyway! haha!"

Aidan gave the man a forced smile before turning and walking away. "What the hell now?"
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime21/01/14, 10:31 pm

I was ushered into the fray. One of the man din's that I fear most. A social gathering. The beat of the drums mimic'd my heart beat. But as soon as we entered, the festivities had stopped. I looked over the heads of some Otaizin's looking at the man who seemed to look the most responsible for the swift end to the festival at hand. The man responsible was the same one I saw on horseback entering the city. He had blonde, almost white hair, pointed ears, and was in his armor. He was of the Ljnn, the pointy-eared humanoid race. The Ljnn had with him a slave, or, prisoner whom he offered to the Exarch.  

The woman herself looked quite beautiful. And she held a fire in her eyes that made my heart skip a beat. The Exarch bore this pleased look on his face, that had underlying currents of pleasure of a different sort. I frowned, the Ljnn was gifting this woman to the Exarch. Bah, slavery, such a thing should not exist. Perhaps Hidde- no, not now. She will not be killed in this place, she'll be safer than with the other group. The caspialga could kill her on the road. The goal was to not get freed slaves killed here. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

The festivities returned to there former enthusiasm. The merchant-noble brining me with him to speak to some other nobles, telling them of my good deed today, while simultaneously insulting my methods and my people skills. In his conversation he turned me into his yes-man, agreeing with him over opinions of the lower classes. Almost ignoring the woman he brought with to the party. Though, my attempts to speak with her were shut down, as she would look at me and then look away when I tried. Eventually, I found the courage to excuse myself from the merchant-nobles presence.

As I walked through the festivities, not partaking of them, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I was being followed. It was not something that happened often, so I tried to lose them in the crowd. Knowing who was following me would have helped, so I did not bump into him or her, and that I did. It was the woman who had been brought by the Merchant-Noble. She saw the look of confusion written plainly on my face. She frowned, but finally spoke to me. "What are you doing?" I scratched my head, and told her that I was trying to lose her in the crowd, because I did not like being followed. She gave a short laugh. "Why are you laughing?" I asked her. She looked at me, and said plainly that she was my payment. I blinked a few times, rubbed  my chin, and then said "What." It was not a question, but a statement of my unknowing. This time she looked surprised, and then asked me if I knew that she was my payment. I said I did not, and I was being honest, the Merchant-Noble must have clearly forgotten to mention to me what my payment would be for healing his son. And so did I, now that I think about it, I never did ask him for payment. He must have assumed the form of payment I would most need.

I was not sure if I should feel further insulted or what I should feel. This man had paid me in life. Giving me his daughter as payment for healing his son. I rubbed my face. "Okay," I asked her a question, "What is your name?" She told me her name was Azera. "Well, Azera, I'm not interested in having a slave. So, you're free to do as you wish." I said, to which she looked shocked, and insulted. "I can't go back to my father, he's already cast me out of is house, to be your slave. And what, am I not good enough for you? Am I not a beauty?" She sounded hurt. She also sounded like she was brainwashed. But I knew that it was the culture, and did not pass judgement. Or tried not to. I looked at her and replied in a softer tone, telling her that my decision has nothing to do with her looks, or anything but principle. Then I explained to her what I meant, and what I thought.

Slavery, in my eyes was wrong, so was giving people as payment. I cared not for the gender of people, I treated all people the same, or as they treated me. I believed not in the social status quo, I lived differently and as a hermit for a reason. I sought not the company of man nor their societies. I saw some of my ideals and ideas not take root, as they were so alien to her. It mattered not. But, I saw her point, her father had gifted her to me, and one does not look a gift horse in the mouth. I settled for taking her on as an assistant. I told her that she would learn some of the herbalism and alchemy that I performed and knew of, in my medicinal practices.

From that point, we conversed about what education see received, if any, and if she knew how to read and write. I learned that her education was minimal, which I found frustrating. She knew how to write a little bit, and she could read. Most of her learning revolved around doing household chores, cooking, cleaning, and other tasks that are require to help run a household. During our conversation I looked her up and down, and mentioned that she needed more practical clothes. I was not fond of how the Otaizin showed off their women. There was nothing I could do about that, however, so I did not worry about it. If a man let everything he could not control worry him, he would be worried all the time. what a pitiful life that would be.

I turned from her, and looked around the festivities, and looked for a place to sit, so that we could recline and speak, but I found that the few places that were available to sit, were already sat in. So I had to contend with standing a while longer. As we walked around the room, in the fruitless search of a place to sit, Azera tapped me on the shoulder, "What do I call you?" She asked, and I realized that I had never given her my name. So I told her that she could call me Nikolaus. The name was foreign to this land, so much so that she struggled to say it correctly. In her struggle, I gave her the shortened version of my name: Niko. this too was difficult for her untrained tongue, so then it was shortened to Nik, which she could say reasonably well. I told her that in time, as she grew used to me saying my own name, that she would be able to say it in it's proper form. Such was how language was taught after-all, by speaking it and listening to it again and again, through repetition.

So we grew silent, and I watched the crowd of people go about their festivities. In time, Azera asked me why I did not join in the festivities, and I told her that I was not of the social mind, and that people like me found such gatherings as irksome and tiring. We preferred our silence and solitude, however, this did not mean we did not like company, we just liked small meetings, one or two people at most. As she was of the kind that enjoyed the social climate of nobility with the frequent parties and social gatherings consisting of twenty or more people, this was another thing she found strange. In her eyes, I could see that she thought that being my assistant was going to be difficult, and that I was not like the people whom she had been paired with in the past. I knew that she thought I was strange and that my lifestyle was even stranger. I might have been the first culturally foreign person she had ever met.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime22/01/14, 07:25 am

Cejiso looked through the crowds again, his eyes spotting many familiar builds and clothes - it wasn't hard to spot the people who had crossed deserts in this crowd of nobility. Perhaps, he wondered, if it would be worth getting to know any of these people. If they'd been allowed in the hall they must've held some weight, and the many plans of this Ljnn required as much influence as possible.

But he still had his mind set on finding that Boves women that he remember so well. The strawberry blonde hair drew closer and closer, and finally Cejiso saw her, with her sister as always. The Ljnn grinned to himself as he looked at them through the crowd, both of them looking away, unaware as the Ljnn emerged and stood by them.

"Hello there, dear Saorise. It's been a while."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime22/01/14, 07:38 am

The Boves blushed and looked over.
"Ceijso. It has been awhile." She refused to look at the Ljnn. "You are not going to use our past to make my life hard now, are you? I would appreciate if you can be respectful about that, and leave it alone." She said.
Saoirse watched Ana dancing with some guy, laughing and giggling happily.

She sighed softly.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime22/01/14, 07:52 am

Cejiso stood next to the woman, watching as the younger girl enjoyed dancing. She looked quite a fair bit like her sister, but Cejiso had always understood the boundaries that Saorise put in place - despite any hostilities, to some extent he saw her as an equal, one of very few he'd ever encountered. But, right now, it wasn't her equality he was interested with.

"Of course. This is a gallant event. I'd not want to ruin it for you."

But, his hand acted differently as an arm curled around her waist, pulling her to his side. The few eyes that had been on him and turned to him for brief moments all seemed interested, to some extent.

"One of the most renowned soldiers in the Boves army and the most renowned in all of the Otaizen lands. Imagine this as a diplomatic interaction, Saorise. Now tell me, how has everything been on the continent?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime22/01/14, 08:03 am

She looked away a bit more, but didn't resist the pull towards her. "It has been fine. I was sent because we like your trade, despite our want to abolish your slavery." She flipped her hair from her shoulder. "And good. Because...I will not be repeating that night for you. I...have someone now." She muttered. "Understand? I'm only letting you be this close out of respect."
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime22/01/14, 08:22 am

"My oh my. Another one trying to get in the way of an Empire. Let's see then..."
Cejiso raised a hand, counting on his fingers as he spoke each word.

"Kayva, Mohol, Kharaphid, Mydara, and now the Boves bring it to five. How do you expect to stop something that has been practiced by these people for more time than we can count? The first traces of slavery date back to before your empires even existed."
Cejiso grinned, shaking his head. It wasn't important, not right now.

He lowered his hand slowly, grinning as he groped her backside softly. It brought back all manner of memories, and for a brief moment Cejiso forgot that the Exarch was watching him so intently.

"I've heard about that. I've heard a fair bit, actually."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime23/01/14, 05:43 am

She actually blushed.
"It's time to change tradition then. And..." She looked at him. "These people would throw us out. That's the only reason I'm allowing you to have your fun. You and your damn contacts." She muttered. "So. What's your price for silence?"
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime23/01/14, 05:50 am

Cejiso turned to face the Boves woman, a calm smile on his face as his eyes met hers. He let his mind run wild for a moment as he began to speak, his tone cool and his demeanour pleasant.

"My price for silence? Come now Saorise. Surely you of all people would know."
He grinned, holding her against him tighter than before and looking back at the party, nodding at a few nobles that he'd made deals with years ago now, and a few he'd met on his last visit. It seemed he knew more people here than he'd realized.

"You'd remember, given this conversation, my terms for peace. Let's just say I value peace and silence both equally."
He looked back at her, his cool, calm look gone, replaced now by a cruel grin, and a look of what could be interpreted as evil in his eyes. For all it was worth, he would not give Saorise any degree of satisfaction here. He loved far too much one upping his equal.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime23/01/14, 06:01 am

"You should know for a fact that I don't cheat. So I'm sorry, but your price is unacceptable." She didn't pull away though. "Touch all you like. This dress will not fall. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime23/01/14, 06:08 am

"Oh, dear Saorise. That's too bad. Tell me, does your young sister know of the congress we held back then? I assume of course she'd be aware of the conflict, but I doubt she'd know the true reason it ended. If my sources are correct, even back then the two of you were notably close. How did she feel then, hmm, knowing I'd ravaged you? Knowing that she and I had shared the same body in the same bed? How does she feel about it now?"

Cejisos lips curled, as he continued to smile, waving at the nearby Grand Generazi of Uzeduel, Tindum Indoín. Funnily enough, he too had been present during the conflict that led Cejiso and Saorise to meeting each other. Funny, Cejiso thought, how these things work.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime23/01/14, 06:17 am

Saoirse looked down.
"...Please, Ceijso. Don't make me betray her. Please." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime23/01/14, 06:22 am

Cejiso shook his head, sighing. "Oh it's no fun when they get all sad." The Ljnn looked over the crowds, tapping his foot a little with the music.
"I will give you the chance to think things through, Saorise. I'm not above telling those closest to you about your past. Or even those far from your heart, but close to your rank. I'm not above that at all."

The Ljnn looked down at her, and smirked a little.
"But for the sake of the party, and of course national relations, I'm not letting go. I hope that's alright."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars   GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GDRP - Book One: The Caspialga, and the Tribal Wars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next