Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Halo: Frontlines

Go down 
+2
shadowoof
Razgriz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Halo: Frontlines Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime05/01/15, 07:14 pm

The story of this rp would be centered around the early years of the Human-Covenant war, with the timeline starting in the year 2530. Frontlines' premise is centered around the Marines and ODST's fighting on the ground in the early days of the war which is something of a big deal, since it's around the first time the majority of UNSC ground forces saw the Covenant ground forces, so one concept to remember is have them respond in a semi-realistic manner (i.e. you're either a ten year Marine or fresh out of boot and you're just now seeing a Grunt/Jackal/Elite)

As far as story plotlines go, for the moment there is no grand plot. Simply move from one battle to the next in the war, fulfill (or fail) at objectives handed out. Characters can be killed, either by the choice of their writer or if the GM/DM/This Writer Right Here throws something fatal their way, so make sure to keep backups. However, for character creation: No. Spartans. You are just regular human Marines or ODST's, EMBRACE YOUR VULNERABILITY!

Beyond that, could use some ideas on plot because I'm not a hundred percent sure going from battle to battle is effective at keeping interest.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime05/01/15, 08:50 pm

have prisoners of war or a base full of leaders held captive to us taking a covvie base
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime05/01/15, 09:42 pm

Just do what I did with the original 2HRP. Cove is hitting a planet and we're unlucky enough to be stationed in defence
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime05/01/15, 09:49 pm

Okay, Skippy's idea could work and Shadow I still don't know what you're trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime06/01/15, 10:59 pm

As far as ideas go for this, here's what I've got in terms of a plotline, thanks to some input from Skippy and Kristy.

Story starts off like Skip suggests, where the majority of the cast is stationed on an Outer Colony world during the early years of the war, and we end up having piss poor luck when the Covenant arrive. Starts off as maybe a small or mid-sized exploratory force perhaps, and it becomes the job of the UNSC forces stationed there to split into multiple objectives:

-Defend civilian evacuations
-Launch counter-attacks on Covenant beachhead/prevent beachhead
-Secure geographic locations of tactical significance

From there the story progresses to engagements on other colonies after the battle of the starting colony. No ideas yet for Forerunner relics or dig sites though hey could always not involve them. Personal ownership of ships......seems kinda pointless, personally so probably none of that. Rank promotions can happen though for the love of god have it be a promotion with reason and not just "Oh you survived the battle?" or "Hey he's getting a promotion where's mine?"

(Unless of course surviving engagements is merit for a promotion, idk)
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime09/01/15, 10:55 pm

So, important background of note for this RP:

Date of the rp would be set in August 12, 2532 on the UEG Outer Colony world of Scipio. Scipio is essentially a rocky, desert planet akin to Mars, however it still retains water in the form of several small oceans and massive lakes scattered over the surface. Characters are stationed on the planet as part of the UNSC defense force, when the Covenant arrive in an exploratory force.

Objectives from there are stated above, including to hold out for nearby reinforcements. From there, the story is set to move from colony to colony as the UNSC engages the Covenant.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime09/01/15, 10:59 pm

I'm down for this
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime09/01/15, 11:01 pm

How are you going to handle character deaths?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime09/01/15, 11:09 pm

Character deaths are stated in the second paragraph. Character deaths can be done either by the writer for that character, or if the GM (in this case me) throws something big their way that is potentially fatal. I say potentially because there may or may not be a chance to survive, however:

-IF YOU TRY AND SAY YOU HAD A PORTABLE BUBBLE GRENADE HIDDEN UP YOUR ASS, THAT WILL NOT WORK.
-iF YOU ARE GOING TO ESCAPE DEATH, IT MUST BE IN A PLAUSIBLE WAY. HIDING BEHIND THE WRECK OF A WARTHOG AS A SCARAB SANDBLASTS IT WITH A PLASMA CANNON IS STILL A DEATH SENTENCE.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime10/01/15, 07:20 am

What about if I curl up in a small ball and hug my teddy bear, surely that will stave off death?
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime10/01/15, 07:25 am

What if I just don't want to die? Just by sheer willpower I don't die from the plasma grenade on my face?

ALSO, I dig this
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime10/01/15, 08:02 am

Apoth, the teddy bear will help for comfort but not sure if it can stand up to a plasma beam. Further testing required.

GLaDOS! We need your services!

And Felix, in recognition of your question, I award you this video.

Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime10/01/15, 08:03 am

Talos will protect me from the plasma beam!
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime10/01/15, 08:18 am

You named your teddy bear Talos? That's kinda cute.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime10/01/15, 08:20 am

Oh no since you said that it wouldn't protect me I decided to see if the warrior god would. He said he would, provided I kill a few elves so no real issue.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime10/01/15, 09:56 pm

Well we're kinda getting off topic here so......think I'll just send this to the voting board unless there are any more questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Frontlines   Halo: Frontlines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo: Frontlines
Page 1 of 1