Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Halo 4-era Improv RP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CommonKaos
Not cool enough for a real rank
CommonKaos

New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Empty
PostSubject: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime21/09/13, 08:23 pm

Heya all. I'm a new guy.

Since posting on another's topic when it's already 20 or so pages into the RP is a little odd for me, I figured I'd try to start my own thread in the Halo RP branch of the site.

I've never been one for long-term plans or plot lines, thus why I'm calling it improv. The setting would be Requiem, before its destruction, and the plot would follow the various branches of the UNSC during their quasi-war with Covenant Remnants on the shield world. Simple, right? That's the point. There's an entire war to RP. We all know the framework: After New Phoenix got got there's still a bunch of Covie-terrorists who need to be dealt with, so Infinity (and her corresponding fleets) go off to war. Fun fun fun. While that's played out in Halo 4's Spartan Ops, that's only one team's side of things. The point of this RP would be to fill in all the other blanks.

Want to RP a pelican pilot? 'Kay. A whole squad? Sure, just make sure you can manage that many NPCs. It doesn't matter, but the point of the RP would also be to weave stories together. To build a strong tale out of the chaos of war.

If this were to be approved, I would begin the thread with a squad of four (or five) general infantrymen trying to recover some Spartan Lasers from a downed resupply pelican on the ass-end of Requiem. Not complex, and very much open for other posters to get involved. Maybe you want to play some elite zealots tracking the unlucky troopers, or their air support, or the unlucky guy who has to radio them to say they have no air support. If human posters don't fill in the roles then by all means, create your own NPCs. But if you think that, for just a moment, someone's post may intersect with your own (you hear their gunshots, you have the same communication handler, etc.) then by all means link them together! (With the OP's permission, of course.)

And yeah. That's that. Thanks for listening!
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime22/09/13, 07:04 am

You've piqued my interest. I'm curious to see your writing style.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime22/09/13, 10:13 am

Hmhmm. I always like when RPs are semi-canonical, so this seems rather promising. My only issue would be this - do a few Grindell/Galilean rifles really warrant a squad to reclaim them? People didn't get sent on missions to even reclaim corpses, so I don't think there'd be much need for a few super guns.
Back to top Go down
CommonKaos
CommonKaos

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime23/09/13, 02:23 am

That was something I asked myself. I really don't know if retrieving some high-end hardware will really be how I would start the thread, but it was just the most worked-on idea at the time and so I figured I'd post it. It'll probably just be some reconnaissance, or maybe their looking for something larger. Who knows, but it probably won't be the Grendell hunt.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime23/09/13, 05:33 am

There have been numerous experimental weapons in the UNSC history. They could be a team tasked with simple observation of an area, or they could be sent to try and reclaim nuclear warheads.
There are tons of big-ass objects that would warrant search ops.
Back to top Go down
CommonKaos
CommonKaos

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime23/09/13, 03:02 pm

Welp, a nuclear warhead would certainly get the drama going. Let's go with that. Hell, I need some more substance anyway, so any suggestions on how to make this less chaotic would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime23/09/13, 06:20 pm

I like the sound of this, it seems really good to me.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime24/09/13, 04:35 am

I don't really care, I'd do it : P
Back to top Go down
CommonKaos
CommonKaos

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime25/09/13, 02:51 am

Okay, so I think I'm going to set this up (if it gets approved, or however things work on this forum) like I have with some previous forum RPs. I like to describe it in terms of a spinal cord, and a rib cage. The 'vertebrae' of the spine are the backing, overall stories. Usually these are what sort of get things going. The first one would be, as mentioned above, the nuclear warhead, its retrieval, and its pickup. The 'ribs', or surrounding substance, would be the stories of the characters that revolve around the vertebrae. The first rib being my squad (I'm thinking along the lines of Force Recon) trying to find said warhead, and the various messed up things that happen to them along the way.

A vertebrae may have multiple ribs surrounding it, multiple stories about or related to this one thing, that are close and maybe interconnect, but are strong enough to stand on their own. Eventually a backing story must end, and thus another vertebrae is added to the storytelling 'spine.' There can be multiple vertebrae at one time, and even those can become interwoven to make a truly massive narrative, if people are feeling up to it.

And yeah. Also, I thought up a ship (just a frigate.) and a few NPC's so that my little squad aren't just alone on Requiem:

Just as an aside: I didn't include ship service history or character backgrounds, just names and ranks. That's the point of an improv, you make up stuff along the way.

Here's my source: Sourcy source

Ship Name: UNSC Backlash (may or may not change)
Class: Strident-class heavy frigate
Role: Management of forward operations in unfamiliar territory, reconnaissance, transport, command ship.

Technical specifications:

Length: 575 meters (1,887 ft)
Width: 124 meters (407 ft)
Height: 112 meters (368 ft)
Engine(s): Deuterium fusion engines
Slipspace drive: Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine
Other system(s): Energy shielding

Armament:
[ul]
[li]Mark IV, heavy coil - 94B1E6/MAC[/li]
[li]M42 Archer Missile Delivery System[/li]
[li]M870 Rampart 50mm Point-Defense Network[/li]
[li]M4093 Hyperion nuclear delivery system (3x)[/li]
[/ul]

Compliment: (Didn't include official titles, but you get the idea)
- 671 UNSC Navy personnel, among them:
Rear Admiral. Abejide Idowu, the Backlash's captain
-432 UNSC marines, among them:
Captain. Darwin "Roadie" Grant, Force Recon team leader
Second Lieutenant. Howard "Gold" Love, Force Recon mid-range rifleman, second in command
First Sergeant. Richard "Fritz" Manning, Force Recon demolitions expert, close quarters expert
Corporal. Quante "Messiah" Goode, Force Recon marksman
Lance Corporal. David "Foghorn" Platz, Force Recon communications expert, logistics, location responsibilities

-92 UNSC special forces, ODSTs, additional Force Recon teams, etc.
-3 ONI personnel
-1 SPARTAN-IV

And that's all. If any of the non-named roles are open if you want 'em.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime25/09/13, 09:18 am

That sounds really cool to me, how many Spartan-IV's can there be? As often they are in teams or is it just one sole Spartan?
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime25/09/13, 01:25 pm

Woah, Strident class? I needa get my hands on this new visual guide.

And this is pretty cool I suppose - are we not allowed to make our own characters, but rather attend the RP as ones you have 'created'?
Back to top Go down
CommonKaos
CommonKaos

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime25/09/13, 02:54 pm

For the SPARTANs, if you want to make your own (or a team) then by all means, I only included one on the Backlash because I figured they'd have one. I'd be more than happy to add you to the crew as a Spartan, or if you want to make your own from someplace completely different. Makes no difference to me. If you want to make a team of Spartans with other posters, or just RP a group of NPCs like I'm doing with the recon guys, go right ahead. Just remember, Spartans are usually assigned to a ship, or a post, or what-have-you, so make sure you at least have a name ready in case it's brought up. If you want to make up an outpost, or even your own ship, go ahead, but... don't go -too- crazy with it.

As for the second question, heavens no! I never meant to make it seem like you were limited to the dudes I made up :( so sorry about the confusion. Make up your own dudes, or bring in people from previous RPs. Just have a character and go nuts. It's improv. But make sure they have a reason for being on the ass-end of Requiem.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime25/09/13, 03:48 pm

Okay :) I think I might add to the crew as a Spartan if it becomes an rp, which I hope it does :P
Back to top Go down
CommonKaos
CommonKaos

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime25/09/13, 04:30 pm

Do eeeit.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime25/09/13, 05:01 pm

Haha Okay I will
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime26/09/13, 03:40 am

We're aiming for canonical right? I can't give my guy the X-12 ULTRA BOOSTER GRENADE ATTACK NUKE LAUNCHER MACHINE GUN?
Back to top Go down
CommonKaos
CommonKaos

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime26/09/13, 03:46 am

Haha yes. Keep it well within the Halo canon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Halo 4-era Improv RP    New Halo 4-era Improv RP  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Halo 4-era Improv RP
Page 1 of 1