Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hey what about a fallout rp huh

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

hey what about a fallout rp huh Empty
PostSubject: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime17/01/15, 01:55 pm

huh guys huh what about it
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime17/01/15, 02:57 pm

I don't think this even needs to be voted on. Theres already a section for it, so If more than like two people express interest and this thread gets some ideas in it, I'll just move the forp out of the historic section.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime17/01/15, 04:20 pm

well, you know my answer
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 10:49 am

Because the last three or four times that this has been tried have been soooooooo successful.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 11:43 am

Skippy wrote:
Because the last three or four times that this has been tried have been soooooooo successful.

Much like 99% of the RPs on this site, the FORPs died only because at no point did two particular players keep beating the dead horses they were.

Cough fucking cough.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 02:34 pm

So it's better to waste time restarting this than actually developing a proper idea thats new?
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 04:14 pm

Skippy wrote:
So it's better to waste time restarting this than actually developing a proper idea thats new?

Ooh, like a high school RP?
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 05:23 pm

Alright alright now. How about this, eh? New idea: Who remembers the idea for a sort of non-earth-fantasy-ish-kinda-during/post-apocalyptic zombie rp? I do. The basic premise was that it took place in a country like the US during like the 1800s, but there was this massive plague that came and went like the early 1900s influenza pandemic. Killed a lot of people but a lot developed immunity and lived. Well the people who did die of this disease became undead, and now they come out every night, so towns are now like fortresses and castles and people in the country just have like night guards and minutemen to fend off the nightly attacks. Technology is mid 1800s, but swords and the like are also still in use. There's a little mix of fantasy in there with the ambiguity of whether or not priests of the high church can actually perform some kind of healing magic. There are cults which worship the undead, some going so far as to create mutants to serve the horde and volunteering to become monsters themselves. I might still have the first draft of the world map on my PC. If that sounds like a thing people would like, by next weekend I can have a fully fleshed concept to pitch. Thoughts?

Part of the reason I like this idea so much is because the zombie apocalypse hasnt destroyed the world, but is still a major part of it. Its become normal, almost mundane, to the people living in it, but nontheless threatening if you aren't careful. I've heard this idea referred to once or twice as "the zombie inconvenience", because again the world isn't destroyed, just drastically changed, but civilization has endured. People try their best to live a normal life, but still knowing there's that lingering fear that at any moment the fragile existence of humanity as they know it could be toppled. I think it leaves a lot of room to focus on the human aspects of surviving in an apocalypse world like few fictions do. The Walking Dead (particularly in season 3 and early season 4 with Woodbury and the prison), Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition (with their respective impending dooms), and Mass Effect (the collectors more so than the reavers, but definitely them too in 3) play on this kind of thing very well.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 05:46 pm

As a side note, because I feel like it'll be brought up, I have no issue being an/the orchestrator of that rp if it happens and still keeping up in the FRP. I'm really invested in it even as young as it is and I have no intention of walking out of it
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 05:52 pm

Right now. No. In a few months time, yes.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 05:54 pm

Oh, a zombie RP. That's an original idea.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 05:59 pm

I think I still have the document for that idea too. It'd be pretty cool, we'd have to revisit and go over a lot of the original content to be re-inspired.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 06:25 pm

I love that a suggestion for an RP set in a post-modern post-apocalyptic nuclear world turned into suggestions for yet another stupid zombie RP.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 06:38 pm

I love that the FORP is still trying to be revived despite how much it's failed.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 06:42 pm

Skippy wrote:
I love that the FORP is still trying to be revived despite how much it's failed.

The good FORP died almost purely because Cel and Ethan got banned, two of the more active members in the RP.

My FORP died coz I was silly and tried something way above my ability.

Numerous RPs have failed and been later revived - look at the ZRP, just popping back into existence every now and then. And the HRP, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 06:44 pm

We're a site based around the Halo RP. Created by a Halo RP. The HRP has every right to have as many tries as it wants becaus eit's our main RP. It's what people come here for at first.

Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 06:49 pm

Skippy wrote:
We're a site based around the Halo RP. Created by a Halo RP. The HRP has every right to have as many tries as it wants becaus eit's our main RP. It's what people come here for at first.

I personally still find it weird and a little sad that we've had to restart things so much, considering it's what the site is mostly based around.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 07:03 pm

People get bored and move onto other things. It happens. The actual glory days of the HRP are long gone. The proper HRP last for years before it finally died.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime18/01/15, 09:21 pm

Aight look here, if there are ideas on the table for a new FORP, by all means flesh it out, pitch it, see what people think. I already said I'd move the section out of historic if people want it back. I'd offer to help more, but I know bugger all about fallout :oL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey what about a fallout rp huh   hey what about a fallout rp huh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hey what about a fallout rp huh
Page 1 of 1