Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Empty
PostSubject: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 04:38 am

Quote :
NOTE: the beginning of this will start in the Main Halo Story, just will be written in at a later time. For the sake of this sidearc, simply go along with what happens, until explained later. Everything will be explained, I promise. Also, anyone who joins in this sidearc who is not me is a new member, or has permission from me to post in this thread. If you want to, ask. I might not say yes, but it's better than not knowing.

=So as I powered up the Slipspace drive of my new fighter, I couldn't help but feel like I might not see these people again. Now, while I told them that I might, I hadn't believed it, not until recently. Not until I was actually in the process of going did that thought actually creep into my mind. I didn't have time to think about it long, though, before the Slipspace drive engaged and I shot into the void of Slipspace. As I went, I did another check over my new craft. Yes, it was Forerunner, but since when did you ever see something like this? The consoles were all holographic, but solid. And they were all interchangeable, so if I thought a control was a bit touchy, I could move it further away from me, or away from other consoles, or even closer or whatever. It was the perfect customization tool, a truly changeable mechanic. It was amazing, and a programming nightmare. I did a quick check up on my weapons and shielding system again, and then drifted off to sleep, leaning my seat back into the second seat that was included for almost no reason and fell asleep. It wouldn't take long to get to my destination, but it was just long enough to get me bored=
Back to top Go down
winit
Not cool enough for a real rank

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 05:44 am

jack started up the pelican, the convent were everywhere, his com started up "Jack we need that evc now!", jack shut the door, he had just run 4 clicks to get here, and now he needed to go back for his team. the pelican's engains were powering up when the com started up again "this is the UNSC Fire bird, we are ordering a full retreat in all AO's" . as jack took off he could see the lines of plama hitting the ground, they had started glassing the planet.

Jack was now over head and could look down on the fighting, "I'm going to do a touch pickup off the roof, be adviced i wont be able to stay there long" he radioed down to his team memebers. "understood" was all he got in return. jack brought the pelican down on the roof and could hear the plasma bolts stricking the side. he opend the door and looked back to see one memeber carrying another, "wheres jason!" jack yelled back. adain put down alice and started running back "hes shot and trying to hold them off." the armor was getting ripped off the side. he saw adain running back dragging jason, jacks hudd marked jason as dead and adain as crital, alice was also mark as crital. adain got onto the pelican; jack closed the door and jetted off towards the sky, they were lucky the plasma hadn`t burned anything more important.

most of the covanet was withdrawing and ether hadn`t noticed them or didn`t care. the pelican broke into space and jack could see the mess of unsc ships, or what was left of them. "Adain how are they doing" jack called back, adain put his hand on the back of jacks chair "they need a doctur, but they should be fine once they get it". this was when jack noticed that plasma had eaten most of his chest armor, and it looks like alot of chest as well.

there was only one ship left and it was moving out of system "UNSC ship Fire brid, this is spartan team Spector we have wounded in red zone, we need to dock asap" jack set a course to the ship at the same time he got a heads up warning from adains suit, jack looked back to see he had colaped.

jack finaly got a reply from the fire bird clearling him for docking. jack was about 30 seonds from the ship when it started up its slip space drive. "Fire brid, this is Spector team, we are on docking monuvers, please hold your jump" if they jumpped now, not only would they condem his team to death, but the pelican would get tossed across the system, and may tear it apart. there was a large flash of light and everything went dark.

jack woke up laying along the controls, the nav computer was derciting him to the nearest planet, which was about 400 years away. jack looked back at his team, his hudd marked them all as kia. "they left us,... again" jack turned on his tracking becon, not that he thought anyone was going to look for them. jack covered his team mates and sat in the cockpit. "now what?" he asked himself
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 06:03 am

=After a few hours, I arrived at my destination; a UNSC planet I had a feeling would hold some answers. I sat up and did a quick scan of the place. The Covenant were glassing it, a few Pelicans and other star-ships were drifting around the planet, and, more importantly, the Covenant had only just started, which meant that I had a greater chance of getting my information. I saw that a few Seraphs were moving through the wreckage, blasting at...something. It looked to me more like they were checking for survivors, blasting at random ships to see if anyone panicked and ran. I doubted anyone would. My arm plates slammed open and shut with an audible click-click. I closed my eyes and made them stop. I opened them and saw a Seraph or two turn in my direction, and move towards me. I powered up the shrapnel cannons and the Gauss cannon and sped towards them=

=Once I was within range of the Seraphs, I fired one Gauss round, then a cloud of spikes from the Shrapnel cannon. The round hit, took out it's shields, then the cloud hit, shredding it to pieces and causing a chain reaction that ended with it's engines going off. I guessed maybe a spike hit it's powercore or something, but either way, it went up like a firework. The other Seraph promptly turned and ran back to it's buddies. Which didn't help him at all, since I fired two Gauss rounds, one taking out the shields and the other punching through the armor, adding yet another ship to the debris field. I drifted and did another scan for any survivors. I found two Pelicans, one of which was promptly destroyed by Seraphs. I sent a directed comm to the second one=

Listen to me, if you can. Do not run, power down everything. Those Seraphs are moving closer to your position. Stay still, and do not do anything. Don't even respond to this. That'll just let them know you are alive. I'll take care of them.

=I increased my speed a bit and hurried to intercept those Seraphs=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 06:10 am

Jack received a message from an unidentified source, but he still obeyed the commands thinking "If he wanted to kill me he wouldn't have messaged me." Shutting down everything, and sat in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 06:53 am

=I managed to get up to the Seraphs, weaving in and out between the debris. I put my helmet on and pulled up next to one of them, and started a hack of his systems. It took a few seconds, of which we rammed each other back and forth, before I managed to gain access to his controls. I promptly flew him into a wrecked ship. I then got up behind the other two, I blasted both with clouds from the Shrapnel cannons. They were lost in the clouds, only a few sparks and flash-frozen liquids remained. I looked for the intact Pelican on my scopes and sent another directed comms=

You're clear. Now, name, rank, and then be prepared to answer my questions.
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 02:27 pm

There was a few ships coming towards him, he then saw another ship join and destroy them.

Jack received another message from the same source, he thought for a minute then flipped on his radio "S187 Jack Zeno, Captain, and what questions would that be?" He finaly got a good look at the ship, he had never seen anything like it.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 03:47 pm

Who are you, and do you know anyone or anything about these names? Albert Kuchinov, Joli Reprioski, Harper Guik, Frederick Supinsar, Jak Ikiskolinoi, Nikolaus Oehlberg, Revnik Ronviolio. I'm looking for them. Any info will be appreciated.

=i pull up alongside the Pelican, but stay concealed behind my cockpit window=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 04:21 pm

Jack was a little taken aback by the question "Isn't Revnik Ronviolio a scientist that use to be stationed here? Other then that I know nothing on these men". Jack thought for a moment "Does ONI not have data on them?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 06:50 pm

I'm sure ONI does, but I'm not with ONI. Do you know where they might have gone?
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 06:58 pm

"If you're not with ONI I don't see why I should tell you anything." Was all Jack replied.

(OOC: I assume this would be a spartans responds)
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 07:25 pm

Well, then goodbye. Have fun with the next group of seraphs.
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 07:28 pm

Should have thought that through better... Jack shook his head "alright. The last ship out of here went to Arcadia, it was doing some VIP pick up, that's where I would start."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 08:46 pm

Thank you. Now, how many people are in your Pelican?
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 08:48 pm

Jack looked back then replied "I'm the only one remaining, the rest of my team was doomed when we were abandoned"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 08:51 pm

Okay, well, you're coming with me. Open your back hatch and be prepared to jump over.

=I moved my fighter to his back hatch and waiting for him to open the hatch before opening my cockpit=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 08:54 pm

Jack depressurized the Pelican and opened the hatch. He looked at his team, "Hope they find you soon."

He looked at the strange ship and floated over to it, as he landing in the ship - "clear"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 08:55 pm

=I closed the hatch and looked behind me=
Spartan?
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:24 pm

Jack looked at the pilot, his HUD marked him as a hostilie. "Yes?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:25 pm

=I nod and begin to move towards the planet=
Don't touch any controls, unless I say otherwise. Got it?
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:30 pm

Jack looked at all the holo controls, and he had never seen anything like it "Understood. Who are you? And what kind of ship is this?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:32 pm

Dormii Fortuni and Forerunner.

=we entered the atmosphere of the planet and I went down to about 30m above the planet. I flipped us over so I could get a better look at the situation on the ground=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:35 pm

"Forerunner? Where did you get a Forerunner ship?" Jack asked as he moved to the window to look down.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:37 pm

Friend made it.

=I saw a relatively intact base and moved towards it, angling to land=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:41 pm

As they moved for a landing Jack turned "Your friends may be able to save a lot of lives." He thought for a moment "Why are you looking for these men?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:45 pm

A few questions.

=I landed the craft and opened the cockpit. I hopped out and started moving towards the communications area, in the hopes that I could get my data quickly, if not from there, then from someplace=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:48 pm

Jack reset his HUD to read him as a friendly, and hopped out with him. Pulling his DMR off his back, this was still a combat zone after all. "What ever you want here I suggest we don't stay long, the Covenant are currently glassing the planet."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:50 pm

We'll be here as long as needed.

=I go into the comm room and sit down at one of the terminals. I start a hack and search all directories, even those hidden from normal view, for any information on the scientists=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 09:58 pm

Jack followed Dormii until he sat down at the computer. "I will make sure no one decides to crash the party" Jack left the room to check out the area.

There was two Grunts and a Jackal kicking through the debris. Jack watched them move off and then checked if there was more. Finding there to be only a few he got up behind them and put a round into each of them. He searched the area but found nothing else alive, and headed back for the comms room "all clear." he said over the radio.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:05 pm

Got it. Thanks.

=i kept looking through the directories, finding few to none bits of information=
Fuck...
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:10 pm

Jack reached over and put in his ONI ID. "This didn't happen." He said as he backed off. Watching the screen blip in more info
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:15 pm

Thanks.

=i looked through the data, downloading what I could before shutting off the connection. I extended my arm blades and cut the console in half=

Let's go.
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:17 pm

Jack started to follow when he asked "Where are we going? I am used to being left in the dark, but I would like a bit of info."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:19 pm

Arcadia.

=I started walking towards the fighter. I retracted my arm blade with an audible ching as the blade scrapped across the surface of it=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:21 pm

Jack sighed but stayed quiet, he knew it was the best he was going to get, he climed into the ship and found a seat.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:36 pm

=I climbed into the pilot's seat and closed the hatch. I powered up the engines and started pulling up on a course for space. A few Banshees decided we were a good target and tried to engage us. I flipped us around and flew past them, reversing the manuever so we were behind them. I fired off a shot from the Shrapanel cannon and promptly laid the two of them to waste, even causing one of them to become ejected and plummet to the ground=

=I continued on my course and broke atmo not long after. I sped up a bit, no longer hindered by atmosphere, and got a good distance away from the planet before engaging a course for Arcadia. As the Slipspace drive powered up, I turned in my seat and looked at the Spartan behind me=

Specialty?
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:40 pm

Jack was amazed at the ship he was in, he would love to get one of his own.

As Dormii turned and asked; Jack replied "I'm a pilot, and work well in CQC"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:42 pm

So, you're the reverse of me. Congrats, you're the reverse of a monster.

=I hit the Slipspace drive and we shot into the nothingness=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:44 pm

Jack was a little confused by the comment but tried to push past it "There are upsides to being on a team with diffrent combat areas"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 10:46 pm

Yea, there is. Sadly, we only have the two skills. You have flying, I have CQC.

=I checked the console=
One hour.
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:10 pm

"Fast ship, if you don't work for ONI who do you work for?"

Jack slid off his helmet and put it down.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:12 pm

I don't work for anybody, and neither do my friends.
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:17 pm

"You really must telll me about your friends." Jack thought for a bit. "You wouldn't be a memeber of a rogue group of ex-UNSC members are you?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:21 pm

I would be. Why?
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:25 pm

"There's a kill order out for you guys." Jack said calmly "Don't need to worry about me though, you have done more for me than the UNCS has."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:27 pm

I'm glad. I don't want to kill anyone who doesn't deserve it.

=My arm plates started moving again, frantically, and I stopped them with my eyes again=
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:32 pm

"Not sure how I'm not already dead." Jack looked around the ship "Do you mind explaining the ship to me?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:38 pm

It's Forerunner. That's about all I know apart from the weapons. The weapons are Shrapnel cannons and a light Gauss cannon. Gauss you already know about, but the Shrapnel cannons basically fire a large cloud of spikes. As you saw with those Banshees, they shred through a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:41 pm

"Yes I would have liked that on my Saber a more than once, what's its top speed?" Jack was very fascinated by the ship.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:43 pm

Faster than most things. Honestly, I have no idea. I don't care what the speed is, as long as it's fast enough to do what I want it to do.
Back to top Go down
winit

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime12/12/11, 11:47 pm

jack decided to move on "tell me about the rouge group, at least what you feel safe talking about"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning   Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dormii's sidarc: Journey to the beginning
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next