Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime21/08/12, 07:27 pm

Year: 2547
Name: Benjamin Durrett
Current rank: Gunnery sergeant
Current location: UNSC Clearidas, nearing Skopje
Current Unit: Oxen squad. Oxen squad officer: Lt. Daniel Barnes

Mission objective: Evacuate Machinery, tools, and personnel from the Traxxis headquarters shipyard, on the planet Skopje.
Mission officer: Lt. Daniel Barnes.
Warning: Covenant in area.
Personnel: Ninety seven Orbital Drop Shock Troopers are in effect.

Ben ran down the halls of the Clearidas, to the armory where his team "Oxen" already were, waiting. The grates sounded beneath his boots as he jogged through the large destroyers small tunnels. Nearly tripping over a lip in an opening, where caution tape and letters saying "WATCH YOUR STEP" had been laid.

Durrett stopped in front of a door with the words "ARMORY D-3" over it. He caught his breath, and punched in a series of numbers, then pressed Enter. The door made a beeping sound, then hissed open, revealing a larger than normal sized armory, wall-to-wall full of ODST, Oxen squad made up near half of the soldiers in the room. "You're late." Durrett heard the voice come from his right, he knew exactly who that voiced belonged to, Ben quickly snapped into a salute, turning to the source of the voice. "My apologizes lieutenant Barnes, I was. busy" Durrett replied still in a straight salute. "I didn't know oversleeping was considered busy." Lt. Barnes returned his salute "At ease, sergeant". The lieutenant had brown combed back graying hair, and tired grey eyes.

Him and the rest of the Helljumpers in the room were already in full gear, most of them were armed with M7 SMGs and M392 DMRs, though he noticed a few with prototype BR55s, that was said to replace the M392 in the next couple years.
"Gear up, and we'll meet up in the hangar." The lieutenant said to Durrett, Ben nodded his head recognizing the El-tees order.

Durrett had one of his squad mates help him get his armor on. Ben wore standard ODST combat armor, with the exception of his custom paint job. He grabbed his favorite S-99 Anti-mat sniper rifle, And four magazines. He strapped an M7 to his hip, three clips, and two grenades, one smoke one frag. He had faith that his rifle was still sighted, from the other day he shot it.

Ben hated it, they got the easy ride job, all they had to do was ride in on a Pelican help load up the machinery and workers, then fly right back to the ship. He would rather have dropped with the rest of the Helljumpers than to ride shotgun with Oxen and the other twenty ODST. Out of my control I suppose.

When Ben was fully geared, he jumped up and down checking for any noises and fixing any he found. After everything was checked, he scratched his red beard, grabbed his helmet and started making his way to the hangar elevator. He made to the lift and waited for it to stop at his level. Ben heard that there was already a ship at Skopje called the UNSC Chares, and it had already dropped a small force marines with just about the same mission objective the ODST have now.

When the elevator doors opened Durrett came face-to-face with another Helljumper, he hadn't recognized the ODST so he wasn't Oxen, it must have been one of the other marines on the same mission. When Ben entered the lift his guess had been correct, the lift was going to Hangar-B01, where he was going. The elevator doors parted showing the crowd of ODST that had been in the armory just minutes ago, plus a few more marines. All checking there gear, and going over the mission objectives. There were eight Pelican being stripped of some of the seating to fit more equipment they pick up from the factory.

Durrett walked over to where Oxen had made a circle, and was greeted by a pat on the shoulder from another Ox named Dominic Bontempo, who was going to act as his spotter for this mission.

"Sergeant Durrett" Lt. Barnes said "Just in time, I was just about to go over the mission objectives. When we enter orbit of Skopje in say fifteen, the first wave of ODST will be launched from pods. When they clear a Landing Zone for our pelicans, we come in and cover the workers as they load up the tools machinery, and what have you. We grab the ODST that dropped, and we have a nice long trip back to Reach. Understood?"
The entire Oxen unit spoke "SIR, YES SIR!"

(If anyone wishes to be apart of the Oxen just write yourself in)
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime21/08/12, 10:15 pm

Year: 2547
Name: James H. Freon
Current rank: Medic
Current location: UNSC Clearidas, Hanger - BO1
Current unit: Oxen ODST squad. Oxen squad officer: Lt. Daniel Barnes

I found myself in hanger BO1 after I visited the armory. I had put on my armour. Which is pretty standard, nothing really special.
Maybe besides the Ox insignia on my shoulder pads, but that's about it for cutomization. Anyway. I also took an M90 shotgun with me,
along with a M6D sidearm weapon. A fancy pistol basically. Three frag grenades and some medical supplies.
Then I made my way to the elevator and rode it up to the hanger. That's just explaining what I did in the last ten minutes.

This mission doesn't seem too greatly exciting but orders are orders. Nothing I can do much about.
Besides, those workers need cover, help and evacuation. Someone's gotta do it. And hey, we get to kill more of those covenant bastards.

Last edited by Fel on 23/08/12, 08:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime23/08/12, 08:20 pm

Benjamin slid his helmet on and tested his comm. After he got a thumbs up from his squad members, he felt a jolt beneath his feet, a sign that they exited Slipspace. Ben then checked his gear once again to make sure he had what he needed, Good to go he thought. A female's voice from the ships AI sounded in his ear "SOEIV Pods away, wish them luck"
Ben always did, entering orbit in a pod was stressful, for the fact that you had no control, you just sit and pray your braking rockets don't fail.

Five minutes passed of marines checking and re-checking there gear. Ben saw James enter the hangar with shotgun in hand. Ben turned and said "Hey Doc, not sure if those coveys are gonna let you just walk up on them with your shotty, so you can blow 'em in half"

the AI's voice came on the comm once again. "No ODST casualties on drop" Some cheers broke out among the marines. Ben felt relieved even if it was on rare occasions an accident happened, it was still a nerve racking situation. "Multiple Covenant ships inbound". In that moment Lt. Barnes said "You heard her boys, load up. We can't wait for those damn Seraphs to blow us outta the sky".

The Helljumpers climbed into the Pelicans. Ben sat down in the seat closest to the cockpit, and watched the other ODST take their places in the dropship. Lt. Barnes moved to the front of the ship then turned around "Is everyone geared up with everything they need, 'cause I ain't coming back if one of you forgot your favorite teddy bear" Barnes asked. Durrett looked around looking for a thumbs up from all the ODST "All green, sir" Ben responded.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime23/08/12, 09:23 pm

"Not a problem really, I'm better with my pistol."
Once I made it into the pelican, I sat down next to several other men. And of course the lack of space from our suits made me uncomfortable.
All part of the job I suppose.
I point both my thumbs up, signally that was I ready to go. I notice all the other ODST's thumbs up also. Meaning that the pelican closes it's rear door and we begin to take off. Flying out of the ship's hanger and down at the planet below. Me though, I'm disappointed I was able to drop down here. Would've been a lot faster to drop. But it's out of my hands.

"How 'bout this guys? Going done nice 'n slow."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime24/08/12, 08:19 pm

The Pelican's doors closed and they each flew out of hangar B01 in groups, there was a slight shake as the Pelican lifted off the hangar's floor and into the dark and cold territory of Space. Benjamin connected a channel with the Pelican's external cameras to get a better view. A small screen popped up on the lower left of his Heads Up Display, showing the planet Skopje and its landscapes, then Ben switched cameras and saw the two, three, four specs at a distance but they were without question Covenant corvettes.

Ben smiled at what James had said, even if his squad members couldn't see his facial expressions, he then responded to James' comment "Ha. Just slow enough for AA guns to blast us to kingdom come". Ben searched the space around the planet looking for the ship known as the UNSC Chares. With no success he turned to Lt. Barnes "Sir, wasn't there another UNSC ship in the area?" He asked. "The Chares pulled back right before we got here, they'll be right back to cover our escape. Don't worry sergeant, one way or another there'll be a ship to pick us up." Barnes replied

Durrett's spotter Bontempo spoke "Shouldn't the UNSC have sent more ships so we could stand a chance in fighting?". "We're not trying to save Skopje, we're just salvaging it before there's nothing left to salvage." Ben responded

"Entering Atmo, hold on" Lt. Barnes said. The drop ship shook as it entered Skopje's atmosphere. Durrett held onto a handle located above his head, though this was a picnic compared to a Pod drop. Once the shaking stopped, Ben checked the camera's once again, and saw the surface of the planet. Though very similar to Earth it was made up of even more water than Earth is.

Benjamin stood and looked through the window in the cockpit. He saw the factory in the distance, it looked calm from where they were but as they got closer he saw flashes from muzzles and bright colors that flew through the air.
The factory was huge and had a large courtyard where they constructed UNSC frigates. It looked like there was a skeleton of a UNSC destroyer. Ben thought to himself Damn shame, that ship could have helped a lot.

Finely they saw the group of ODSTs fighting off a force of Grunts and Jackels, right outside of five large factory doors. "Get ready we're going in hot" Lt. Barnes snapped. The Pelican swung its stern and touched the factories cement floor, The drop ship then opened its hatch and a flood of ODST climbed out of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime24/08/12, 08:48 pm

I equip my pistol before jumping off the pelican, landing with a slight thud. Immediately I took out three grunts with head shots.
Then I run over to the other ODST's that had already been fighting. "Anyone injured?" One of them groan in pain and I go to work.
While putting my pistol in it's holster I grab a medkit and start to apply it on him. Getting another groan of pain in response.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime26/08/12, 03:30 pm

Benjamin waited for his other Helljumpers to leave the Pelican first, he slid his magazine into his sniper rifle's magwell, and with a satisfying click he pulled back the charging handle, loading the first massive .99 Caliber round into the firing chamber. He then rushed to the open hatch and jumped to the hard surface. When he landed he quickly checked his surroundings. There were ODST near everywhere you looked, except for where the Covenant were, he saw James working on a wounded soldier, then saw Lt. Barnes taking cover behind a large crate.

Ben ran over to where Barnes was, taking cover behind the same crate. "Sir, where are the workers?" Ben asked the lieutenant. "There in the factory behind the doors." They would have to eliminate the current Covenant threat before they were to start loading up the Pelicans. Durrett swung around the left side of the crate sniper rifle in front of him. he saw a group of Jackels, shields in hand and one with some type of rifle, he looked down his scope, and with two load thundering shots, he killed the one with the rifle and a shielded one that had stuck out his head for a peak, each shot felt like a horse kicking him in the shoulder.

Durrett leaned his rifle against the crate, and grabbed his M7 Sub Machine Gun, he then sprinted to where James was working. He slid into cover right next to him, and started to cover the medic. In small bursts he took out two Grunts, and wounded a Jackel before it fell behind cover. "How's he doing Doc?" Ben asked James.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime27/08/12, 07:56 am

"He's been hit by a plasma grenade, but he'll live."
I finish healing him and lay him against cover, a cement road blocker. Where others have taken cover too.
Then I equip my pistol and pop up from cover, taking a few shots at Jakels' hands. Making them lose their weapons.
But as the pistol isn't perfectly accurate, I miss a couple times. But if I did hit the jackels, the other ODST's took them out.

I duck behind the cement block and reload before hopping back up. I breathe in and out before firing again. Taking down a couple grunts.
Pain begins to flare up and I'm forced back into cover, just in time too. Because a overcharged plasma pistol shot flies above me.
That's when I notice that the workers aren't out yet. So I look at Ben and ask. "Why aren't the workers out here yet?"

Last edited by Felix on 13/09/12, 08:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime28/08/12, 04:28 am

Benjamin heard James, and responded "They're in the factory, waiting for us to clear the area." After he said it he realized that clearing the area wasn't going to happen, Shit, the damn coveys are gonna drop reinforcements before we can take these ones out. He thought. He looked around the area for his Spotter Bontempo, Durrett saw him taking cover behind a stack of small metal crates.

"Alright" Durrett said, but stopped to click on to the Squad's channel. "Bontempo, we're gonna get the workers out here to load up the pelicans. To all other ODST cover the workers at all costs, over?"
"You" Durrett pointed at an ODST that was taking cover next to Freon. "Help the Doc move this soldier back to one of the Pelicans."
Ben checked around his cover seeing Grunts and Jackels moving up and shooting there plasma weapons towards him and his fellow Helljumpers, when a voice broke over his Comm. "Attention ground forces, Covenant dropships inbound to your position, ETA five minutes" The transmission was filled with static but Ben knew it was sent from the A.I. aboard the UNSC Clearidas.

Durrett popped up from cover firing his M7 dropping a Grunt in the blaze of fire, he rushed to one of the factory doors, and dropped to a knee in a covering position. Ben reloaded his SMG's clip, dropping the spent one on the ground, and slapping the new one to the side of the weapon where the bullets feed in to. Durrett hit the metal door signaling the workers that they were coming in. Bontempo took a position next to the door, and nodded towards Ben, he returned the nod then grabbed the handle at the bottom of the door, and slid it up revealing a large room filled with machinery and things Durrett couldn't began to understand. Ben whipped in the room M7 ready to fire.

There were over twenty men and women in jumpsuits, most of them hiding but a few had there pistols out behind cover ready for a fight. Durrett stood down and so did the workers. It seemed they had already had crates and other containers loaded up on forklifts ready to go. One of the men approached The young Sergeant. "Finally some soldiers, is it safe to come out?" The man's head was bald and he held a M6 pistol in hand. "Safe as we're gonna get, we have more Coveys on the way though, so we need to load up fast and get the hell outta here" Ben responded. "Understood. The man turned around to the other workers and yelled at them "You heard him we gotta go, c'mon move!"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime31/08/12, 05:19 am

I wait a minute to breathe before popping back up again to fire. But another ODST taps my soldier and I look to him.
He grabs the wounded ODST at the arms so I grab his legs and we pick him up. Then we move over to one of the pelicans, taking a few hits.
But we make it there alive and climb aboard. Then setting the soldier in a chair and going back to the battlefield.
Making our way to cover again. I look around for Ben, finding him over by the factory, it's doors are opened.

I thought we were going to wait for us to kill off the Covenant. I guess this means a change of plans. Best if I try to cover them.
I stay behind cover and fire at any Jackels or grunts that get too close. I'm trying to conserve my ammo.

Last edited by Felix on 13/09/12, 08:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime01/09/12, 08:20 pm

Benjamin followed the workers to the Pelicans covering them best he could, though it would be hard to cover the forklifts. The workers that could, stayed as low as possible to the ground, the forklift drivers included, they kept there heads right on the controls just peeking up there eyes so they could see where they were driving. When they got to the Pelicans Ben got behind cover, he scanned the area and shot at any Covenant he saw with controlled bursts of fire. Bontempo took cover right next to Durrett.

When the workers were done unloading the first set of supplies they got back in there loaders and started to drive back inside the factory, Ben went with them still using burst firing for suppression. When the workers were inside Durrett saw multiple drop ships at a distance, they got closer by the second. Ben sounded in his radio "Phantoms inbound, repeat Phantoms in the air. get ready for another wave people."

Ben looked back at the workers loading up more machinery, convinced that they were clear for the time being he made his way back to Lt. Barnes, staying low the entire way. Barnes was still taking cover behind the same crate lighting up Grunts with his MA5. Durrett rushed into the cover of the crate. The lieutenant looked at Ben and asked, "Forget something Sergeant?" "Just one thing" Ben responded then grabbed his rifle he had left leaning against the crate.

When they got close enough the Phantoms started to fire there primary cannons, along with grunts firing the automatic plasma cannons on the sides of them. The alien drop ships start to hover the battlefield and began to deploy Covenant soldiers with there gravity lifts. Durrett moved to the left of the crate where he was taking cover and propped his rifle on a stack of cinder blocks. He looked down his scope to see what they were dropping into the battle.

Ben saw shapes float down from the lifts of the drop ship but couldn't make out what they were. He zoomed in farther with his scope so he might tell what the enemy was. Ben finally got a clear view of what the enemy reinforcements are, though he didn't like what he saw, The lightly armored hairy beast made a blood thirsty roar, and held his bladed weapon high above his head. Ben clicked on to his radio once more to notify his allies "Watch out we got Brutes in the area, over"
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937
Not cool enough for a real rank

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime02/09/12, 08:14 am

Name: Wyatt-937
Current Location: Skopje air space above enemy lines at Traxxis HQ
Current unit: None

Wyatt was triple checking his weapons like he always did when he was nervous it was one of his ways of staying sane. The Pelican he was on was headed for the Covey lines of attack. He was going to be dropped off right behind the front lines. His orders were clear draw enemy fire away from troops and civies for as long as possible giving them enough time to retrieve supplies and evacuate all workers. He had been a last second addition to the mission he had been scheduled to make a switch to another ship but ended up getting stuck on the UNSC Clearidas. "ETA two minutes!" Yelled the pilot from the cock pit. Wyatt finished messing with his Battle Rifle and loaded a round in the chamber he did the same to his shotgun. He put the BR on his back and held the shotguns in his hand. "Shit!" yelled the pilot "We got phantoms below us the LZ is too hot we will have to turn around and head back." "No!" yelled Wyatt "Every second I'm not down there the more good soilders die or get hurt. Get me directly above the nearest phantom and as close as you can!"
The pilot opened the pelicans rear exit and without a second thought Wyatt jumped. The fall was only about three stories which wasn't that hard to land for a seven foot Spartan in brown and gray MJOLNIR armor. He fell for a few seconds then landed on top of a phantom rolling when hit the ground to breack his fall. He got up and ran across the ships top then slide down the side to where a grunt occupied a plasma cannon. He landed on top of the grunt and snapped it's neck then mounted the cannon. He opened fire on a few brutes who rolled out of the way and ran for cover. Wyatt got a few grunts an elite. The phantom began to move so Wyatt jumped down to the ground and began to run. Wyatt didn't stop moving he just kept going killing civies as he went.
It was pretty easy at first until he rounded a corner and was meet by a brutes fist. The brute tried to jump on Wyatt but he rolled out of the way and got right back up. Wyatt fired on the brute but it just kept coming. When it got close enough it lunged at Wyatt teeth barred and guns blazing. Wyatt moved out of the way but was able to jump on the creatures back as it just went by. The brute tried to grab at Wyatt but before it could Wyatt slit it's throat from the brutes back. After the brute bled out Wyatt opened his radio and said "This is Spartan 937 reporting for duty where do you need me?"

((hope it's ok I join.))
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime07/09/12, 04:47 am

Benjamin watched a group of Brutes move out from cover, he waited for the pack to be in the open then started to fire, two shots sounded across the battlefield, Durrett killed one of the beasts and got the other in the stomach causing it to fall to the ground bleeding. Ben started to reload his rifle when a Pelican roared over head then hovered above a Phantom for a moment, Ben thought he saw something fall from the ship. Dropping a bomb on top of the covies maybe? He thought then looked down his scope to get a clear view, the Phantom started too move side to side then flew off.

There was multiple weapons being fired near the thing Durrett had seen fall. Ben heard a voice blast in his radio saying something about a Spartan, They dropped a trooper behind enemy lines? He thought and went over what the soldier said. Spartan-937? Ben heard of Spartans before, they were some sort of super soldier project that the spooks at the Office of Navel Intelligence came up with, though Durrett didn't think they were anything but a myth. Even before ONI announced there "SPARTAN" program earlier this year there were stories about super soldiers in advanced power armor, fending off legions of Covenant.

Real or not a soldier just dropped right on top of the enemy and survived to tell the tale, and Ben was gonna use that to his advantage. Durrett scanned the kill zone looking for a target, when he saw a group Jackels, though he noticed they weren't using there shields that they're always so fond of, that's when he noticed one of them was looking right towards him. There was a glare shining off the Jackel, Ben's heart and mind raced Sniper, take him out! He quickly aimed his sniper rifle dead on the birdlike creature's chest and squeezed the trigger, though it would seem the sniper fired at the same time.

Durrett's vision was quickly distorted by shattering glass from his scope, the sniper's shot traveled through Ben's scope and bounced off his helmet causing him to fall to the ground. Ben stumbled back into cover and checked his completely shattered optic, "Shit." He said then dropped the rifle on the ground. He grabbed his SMG from his hip, and clicked his radio on. "Alright soldier I got a sniper far in the back, I need you to take him out, I'll set up a waypoint, over?" Ben took a breath then leaned out from cover looking for the sniper. A shot fired and ricocheted off of the metal crate he was taking cover behind, with that shot giving the sniper's position away Ben set a waypoint on the team's Huds Up Display.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime07/09/12, 06:07 am

Wyatt was fending off a pair of brutes from behind cover when he received a message "Alright soldier I got a sniper far in the back, I need you to take him out, I'll set up a waypoint, over?" 'Alright better take care of these Brutes first.' Wyatt thought to himself. One of the brutes began to advance towards Wyatt. He rolled out of his cover shotgun in hand took a knee an blasted the brute's knee caps apart. The brute fell towards Wyatt turning it's back as it went. Wyatt took hold of the things neck from the back. The other brute fired a few spiker rounds into it's comrades chest. The brute Wyatt was holding was dead but it could still be of some use. Wyatt grabbed the spike grenade from the things belt stuck it to it's chest and push kicked it into the last brute. There was an explosion and the spikes went flying. Wyatt rushed over just in time to see the second brute push the first one's body off of itself. It had several spikes sticking out of it's body and it was unarmed. It's gun lay within arms reach Wyatt held his shotgun ready. The brute reached for the spiker and as soon as it laid it's hand on the weapon Wyatt fired his shotgun into the beast's head at point blank. Shortly after that Wyatt received his waypoint "I see him on my way." Wyatt replied
Wyatt had made his way over to the sniper this time trying to keep low so as not to alert the prey to his whereabouts. Wyatt switched to his BR and somed in on the group of jackals. One was up firing at the squads across the way. While the other two were fighting over the loot from thier fallen friend. 'I bet that body isn't even cold yet and they are fighting over who gets his valuables or whatever rations he has left. These creatures have no sense of honor.' Wyatt though to himself. Wyatt took aimed at the first jackal's head and unloaded a few rounds. Then shiffted his aim to the other two who started scrambling for cover they never stood a chance. Wyatt ran over and checked to make sure they were all dead. "Subject netrualized removing waypoint." Wyatt looked around the area the enemy snipers had set up. And it wasn't half bad "Hey this spot has some pretty decent cover and a good line of sight anyone want to get over and take up a position. Let me know and I will provide covering fire."
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime10/09/12, 08:52 am

I get up from cover only to get hit by a overcharged plasma pistol shot. "Dammit." I duck back into cover, avoiding several needle rifle shots.
I take a couple breathes before coming back up for more. I squeeze the trigger and find out I'm out of ammo. "Great."
I duck back down into cover again and equip my shotgun. Now I'm waiting for the brutes to get in close.
That's when the ODST next to me is snipes. Instant death. He should've stayed in cover. I activate my comms.
"Man down! Man down! Keep your heads down!"

Last edited by Felix on 13/09/12, 08:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime10/09/12, 07:27 pm

Benjamin's heart still beat like it was trying to get out of his chest, from the sniper shot. Breath Ben, just breath. He thought then looked around him looking for his fellow Helljumpers, seeing five in his immediate area, lieutenant Barnes among them. The new soldier's voice sound in Ben's radio, "Subject netrualized removing waypoint." With that Durrett was about to move to one of the other ODST when the Spartan continued on about a good position where the Jackels were holding up at. He was right it would be an ideal spot, giving them a slight advantage on the field, though it could be a tough position to hold.

Lt. Barnes' voice spoke in the squad's communicator, "Durrett, you and me are gonna take that position. Freon, you and the rest of the troopers are in charge of keeping the workers cover while they load up the rest of the cargo. Over?" Ben responded "Copy that sir." Benjamin then turned to the el-tee and nodded. "We're gonna need some of that covering fire Spartan." Ben said on the radio. Him and the lieutenant jumped out from cover and off the cement factory floor that turned to dirt, then started to sprint, staying as low as they could. They moved cover-to-cover trying to stay as unnoticed as possible.

Ben slid into the cover of two barrels that stood right next to each other. After waiting a few moments he took a breath then rushed out from cover straight for the position where the Spartan currently was. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a large hairy Brute blocking his path. The thing breathed heavily and watched Durrett, it held a gunlike weapon in his right hand that had blades protruding out of the sides of it.

Durrett froze in fear for a moment but found himself quick enough to raise his M7 and started to fire as it began firing on him. The beast barely flinched as the bullets pierced its tough hide. Ben ducked back into the cover of the barrels, then leaned out and started to shoot again but he was only able to get out five or six shots before his weapon clicked. Shit. He dropped the spent weapon then grabbed his fragmentation grenade from his belt, One shot. He pulled the pin and leaned out from his cover, the Brute took cover behind a cinder block.

Durrett pitched the grenade over the creatures cover, he heard the beast roar then heard an explosion. Ben slid his knife out then rushed to where the Brute was taking cover. He turned the corner to see pieces of the Covenant Brute all in different places. Guess that worked. He grabbed its weapon then proceeded onward.
Durrett met up with Barnes and they both made it to the area the Spartan was at. The position was on a slight hill far enough up to see most of the battlefield. Barnes walked up to the seven foot soldier clad in brown armor then spoke to it "What's the SitRep soldier?"
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime11/09/12, 06:03 am

A voice crakled over Wyatt's radio "We're gonna need some of that covering fire Spartan." the voice was the same one that ordered him to the sniper's nest. "Roger that I've got you covered." Wyatt looked over and saw two ODST troopers heading his way moving from cover to cover. Wyatt scanned right of the troops and saw a small squad of grunts advancing. 'This is too easy.' Wyatt thought to himself. He dispatched the squad easily but when he looked back at the ODST one of them was in mid battle with a brute behind cover. Wyatt's about to unload on the brute when a grenade went off killing the beast instantly.
After a minute or so two ODST showed up at the sniper's nest and one asked "What's the SitRep soldier?" "Only had a few grunts show thier faces other than that reatively quite." Wyatt replied "We have four covie sniper rifles left behind by their previous owner. We also have several clips go ahead and take them. By the way my name is Wyatt what are your names?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime11/09/12, 06:28 am

"Understood sir."
I reach over from cover and grab the deceased soldier's smg and say a small prayer.
I get up from cover and firing into a grunt squad, taking them out. Then aiming for jackels and taking them out too before my shields disperse.
I duck back into cover and reload the smg. Finding out it has only one clip left.

Last edited by Felix on 13/09/12, 08:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime11/09/12, 07:52 pm

Lieutenant Barnes looked at the soldier like he was any other, which was strange because this Spartan wasn't just any ordinary Jarhead, he stood seven feet tall and wore armor that looked inches thick. Barnes replied to the Super soldier "I'm second lieutenant Daniel Barnes, this is my XO Gunnery sergeant Benjamin Durrett. Now if you don't mind i'd like to cut the small talk and get to work on these blue blooded bastards." Ben looked at the Spartan partly in awe and part curiosity, Did ONI really create a super soldier, or maybe it's just a normal soldier in a power suit. He shook off his questions and grabbed two of the now Deceased Jackel's rifles. He leaned one of the rifles against a purple wall that the Covenant drop and use for cover, the piece of cover had openings so the snipers may put there rifles through.

Durrett laid down into a prone position to the left of the cover. He looked through the Covenant rifle's scope, it took a few moments to get used to the weapon's eye relief and the fact that the scope was mostly digital it hurt his eyes, when he eventually got used to it he watched over the battlefield looking for vulnerable targets. Ben saw the workers still loading the Pelicans, attaching machinery under the aft of the drop ship.

Durrett watched for any Covies that got to close to the loading area, he saw a pack of Brutes moving towards a ramp up near one of the Pelicans. Ben saw about six of them moving, he let off three shots out from the rifle. Two of the shots hit one of the Brutes causing it to fall, dying before it hit the cement floor. The other shot hit another in the head killing it instantly.

The weapons kick felt like an M6, if it wasn't for the scope he would take this over a ninety nine any day.
Before he could fire again the weapon over heated from the three shots. He sat the steaming weapon to the side and grabbed the other one he leaned against the purple cover. He swiftly scoped the weapon saw one of the Brutes starting to take cover then shot at it, with one shot hitting its leg it fell. He looked for the other Brutes but they were out of his vision.

Durrett spoke into his radio and said, "Doc, you have a Brute pack coming your way, watch yourself."

Last edited by Janitor on 13/09/12, 07:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime11/09/12, 09:20 pm

"Thanks for the warning. Time to put that shotgun to use eh?"
I get up from cover and look around for the brutes. A grunt or two takes a shot at me though its nothing.
I find them sticking to the building, trying to not to be noticed. They wouldn't have been if I wasn't warned about them.
I equip my shotgun and head over to where they're probably heading. The workers' entrance to the building. Soon they arrive.
The three brutes don't notice me though, because I'm sitting next to a black crate. My armour is black so the camouflage worked.
They move towards a couple workers but I get behind them and fire a shot into bone's back. Obliterating his spinal cord and thus he's useless.

I turn my attention to the other two who've now turned around. I point and pull the trigger at one of them, knocking it backwards onto the ground.
The last one takes quick action by swinging his bladed weapon down on my shotgun. Destroying it on impact. I keep cool and draw ky side arm.
I aim and pull the trigger again but this time hearing a click. I forgot I was out of ammo with my pistol! Then brute laughs a throaty laugh.
I flash a half smile and back up, completely unsure what to do. The brute charges forward and swings his weapon.
It hits me square in the face and I'm sent backwards by the sheer force of it. The brute laughs again before I land on my belly.
So I respond my pushing myself and use the momentum to swing my fist into it's face. It backs up slightly before laughing again.

Last edited by Felix on 13/09/12, 08:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime12/09/12, 07:20 am

Wyatt nodded his head at Barnes and Durrett "After this I'll have to buy you guys some drinks." Wyatt reloads his BR and shotgun to get ready to move when Durrett begins firing near the workers area. Wyatt grabs one of the jackals rifle and looks through the scope and sees what he is firing at a group of brutes. Durrett drops two and injures a third Wyatt took this one out with a clean shot to the head. "I'm going in to help with the mop up. Keep me posted on enemy activity." Wyatt put down the alien rifle and began to sprint over to where the pack of brutes were. When Wyatt started running he heard Durrett's voice over the comm "Doc, you have a Brute pack coming your way, watch yourself." Wyatt kept moving swiftly bolting across long distances faster than a normal human could.
In a short amount of time he made it the building the brutes disappeared behind. As soon as he rounds the comer he sees a black ODST try to hammer a brute in the face. All the beast dies is laugh luckily for Wyatt it is so concentrated on the medic that it doesn't notice Wyatt. So he rushes in and slams his right fist into the brutes jaw. There was a loud crack when Wyatt's fist connected and as soon as it did he raised his BR at the brute's neck and fires killing the beast by obliterating it's throat "Well he won't be laughing any time soon." Wyatt said over the com.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime12/09/12, 07:40 am

I laugh at the irony, which makes me feel better.
"Nice save there... Spartan."
They actually sent a Spartan here. Wow. I'm glad he was here.
I look at my now destroyed weapon. I'm kinda sad I didn't get to use it much more then I did.
"Hey? Would you possibly have a spare weapon on you?"
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime12/09/12, 07:55 pm

"Understood." Ben said to Wyatt
Durrett shot at a Jackel squad that was moving along side the wall of the factory eliminating each of them. Barnes took cover next Ben and said, "I'm gonna hold that giant to those drinks." Ben smirked then fired at a grunt piercing its breather apparatus, causing it to suffocate. The lieutenant spoke again "I can't do much from up here, watch my back i'm moving in to flank." "Understood, I got your back don't worry sir." Durrett replied. Barnes loaded a fresh magazine into his MA5 assault rifle, then rushed down the slope.

Ben heard a transmission from Wyatt "Well he won't be laughing any time soon." Durrett was slightly puzzled but took that as a sign that the threats were dead. The Brutes are really pushing, I doubt we'll be able to take another wave, those workers better get done soon. Ben followed Barnes in his scope assisting in any combat he got in. Lt. Barnes took cover behind a forklift where there were four Brutes on the other side. Barnes looked in Durrett's location knowing that he was watching him, and nodded to him. Ben spoke in the comm "I see em', I'll take the two far ones." He took a deep breath then slowly exhaled. The Covenant rifle was hard to keep steady, what with its lack of having a stock.

Ben repeated the breath and exhale then shot the rifle twice. At that exact time Barnes popped up from cover and lit up the two closer Brutes. Ben dropped the two far ones with chest shots, Lt. Barnes walked up to them and fired bursts into each of there skulls. With that he gave Ben a thumbs up then grabbed the grenades from the beast and kept moving.

Ben heard his spotter Bontempo speak in the comm. "Ben this is Dominic, me and another trooper are pinned down by some Brutes and we can't get any shots off, a little help would--" There was an explosion that broke in the radio. Ben jolted his rifle to where Dom was but couldn't get a clear shot. Bontempo continued "--Be greatly appreciated." Durrett then replied "I don't have a shot, Wyatt, doc, Dom is just off the factory floor past the large doors, I need you to assist him. I'll cover you on the way."
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime12/09/12, 09:33 pm

"I don't have a- nevermind. I'll be there."
I grab one of the brutes' weapons and took the ammo from the others. Then I run off towards our spotter where Ben had directed.
Finding a surprising amount of Covenant over here and a shit ton of plasma flying everywhere. I have to take cover a crate.
I try yelling over the plasma fire and the occasional grenade. "Are you wounded?!"
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime13/09/12, 05:45 am

"Roger that on my way now." Wyatt said over the comm then he turned and went with the medic to where they had been directed. "Here doc take my BR and use it to cover me. I'm going to go in and use some CQC to take out the brutes and any elites. You keep them off my back and take out any grunts I might miss." Wyatt ran out from cover and tossed a grenade into the midst of a two brute and three grunt squad. The explidion tore apart one brute and all the grunts as the second brute tried to stand he was meet with a shotgun blast to the face. Wyatt dropped behind cover and reloaded tge one round he had used. There were two spike grenades on the floor by the brutes so Wyatt picked it thinking that they might come in handy later. "Hey doc, am I clear to move I can't see much where I'm at?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime13/09/12, 07:53 am

I look down the scope of the battle rifle and look for a somewhat safe path from his location.
There's a large amount of crates near him that he could use for cover. But end somewhere behind their forces.
"If you look to your right you'll see a fork lift and some barrels. Once you head over there you'll see some crates nearby.
Go behind those and follow them until they stop. Then you'll be somewhere behind the Covies. You know what to do from there."

I put myself back into cover before I get hurt too badly. The plasma burns on my hands aren't that bad, I'll live.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime13/09/12, 08:00 pm

Bontempo yelled back at the medic "No we're all intact here, we just got pinned by these Covies." Lt. Barnes moved cover to cover eliminating Grunts with his M6C pistol. These guys are nothing, where's the real challenge. Barnes came face to face with an Elite after turning around the corner of a large shipping semi. Its armor shined with a brilliant gold, and it held a bluish purple glowing sword. All Barnes could say was "Damn."

Ben tried getting a clear view of the combat Freon and Wyatt were in, but had no success. Seeing no immediate threats Ben moved to a different location. There was a Covenant tower just at the edge of the battlefield that he made his way to. Durrett crawled under a thick sheet of metal that was held up by two cement blocks.

Ben scoped his alien rifle and saw three Grunts in the tower, two of them operating plasma cannons mounted on the tower, the other he could barely see. He adjusted himself then took a breath and exhaled, two shots fired into the Grunts that operated the turrets. The other Grunt made panicky noises then hopped up from the little cover it had and started firing its plasma pistol randomly. "To easy." Durrett mumbled beneath his exhaling breath. A third shot fired and the third Grunt lay dead.

Ben rushed to the tower in a full sprint. In a few short seconds he made to the tower and up the small ramp. Ben leaned his body into it knowing you don't want to go up these things by stepping in them because you'll end upside down if your foot goes first. He was lifted up by the anti gravity field and gently pushed to the side unto the purple metal surface.

Durrett quickly got into his sniping position propping his rifle on a corner to resemble a bi-pod. He scoped the area where the doc was seeing a large force of what seemed to be mostly Brutes and Grunts. They're being a little stingy on the Elites it seems. Save best for last I suppose. He thought to himself then broke that thought trying to get into his sniper state-of-mind.

Ben fired at Brute hitting its arm that held its weapon causing said weapon to drop and rendering the Brutes arm useless. He shot again at one of the Brutes comrades shooting this one in the head, dropping it immediately. Oh shit! Ben thought when he remembered he was supposed to be watching his el-tee's back.
He repositioned himself and tried to find where the Lieutenant was.

Benjamin was only fast enough to see Lt. Barnes with two long glowing blue spikes sticking out his back, and an Elite standing in front of him now withdrawing his energy blade from Barnes. "No no no!" Ben yells then fires at the reptilian creature, missing it twice then the third shot hitting its chest with its shield absorbing most of the shot.

The Elite stepped over Barnes' corpse and roared. Ben tried pulling the trigger again but the rifle was overheated, he kept pulling the trigger with nothing happening then he saw Barnes stumble up holding his wound that went through chest, he grabbed a spike grenade he took from the Brutes he killed earlier then got behind the Elite and wrenched the explosive in its spine. The Elite stood straight for a moment and slowly turned to Helljumper. The Sangheili's torso blew in half and Barnes fell backwards out of Ben's sight.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime14/09/12, 05:42 am

Wyatt made his way along the path the doc set for him. He leaned out from behind the crate just in time to see a Brute drop dead from q sniper shot. 'Well Barnes or Durrett are a bit busy aren't they.' He thought to himself. There was a brute fledging his arm which must have been shot. Wyatt ran from his cover straight at tge brute. He slammed into it throwing it forward into a group of grunts and brutes but at the same time he attached the two spike grenades to it's back. Wyatt rolled back into cover just before the explosion tore through alien flesh and bone. There were only a few wounded survivors that were easily dispatched. "Threat netrelaized here doc any other areas that need..." Wyatt heard someone yelling he looked in the direction the sound came from. It was Durrett on top of a covie sniper platform. He was shooting at something Wyatt turned and saw an elite. 'Shit where is Barnes?' That's when Wyatt saw Barnes stand with a spike grenade in hand. He stuck it to the elite which turned to face him then it blew up throwing Barnes out of sight. "Barnes!" Wyatt yelled then opened his comm link "Doc I need you at tge waypoint I'm setting ASAP I will cover you as you move. Barnes could be critically wounded so be ready. I will be right next to you the whole time."
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime14/09/12, 07:02 am

"Fuck! Barnes! I'm on my way! Just hang on!"
I jog over to the Spartan when I see the waypoint. From there I run as fast as I can towards it.
"C'mon Barnes! Stay with me sir, you can do this. Just hang on."
I say on opens comms incase he hears me.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime14/09/12, 05:49 pm

((Just a BTW, I do plan on killing off Barnes.))
Bontempo and the other trooper give the medic covering fire. Shit, this is not good! Benjamin thinks to himself then jumps down from the tower hitting the dirt hard but he didn't care, Ben ran in an all out sprint towards Barnes' location, ignoring most of everything else. An explosion hit Durrett from his side and sent him flying four meters then hitting a heavy crate. Ben fell to the ground, his head was ringing load, and all of his senses were distorted.

Ben could make out a large figure walking in his direction. Get up! Get up! He thought then reached for his rifle but couldn't find it. Just when his vision started to clear Durrett saw a Brute standing over him. It grabbed him and started to lift him up when Ben reached for his knife then stabbed the Brute in its leg then grabbed its Spiker it must have holstered. When Ben got a grip on the weapon the Brute punched him in his face plate leaving a large crack at the corner of it. The blow sent Durrett backwards landing on his stomach still holding the weapon he stole.

The Brute rip the knife out of its leg and threw it to the side, then started to approach Ben not realizing its gun was gone. Durrett pushed himself away from the ground and clutched the weapon in his hand. The Brute then grabbed Ben by the shoulders and hefted him up bringing them face-to-face with each other. The creature roared at him and Ben lifted the hefty weapon he could barely hold with one arm and pressed it against the beasts side and held the trigger down firing into its ribs. It yelled in pain then dropped Ben and itself to the ground. Durrett fired a shot into its head then continued to where Lt. Barnes fell.

Ben saw the truck where Barnes killed the Elite and ran over towards it. He turned the corner of the truck past the alien that was blown in two and saw Lt. Barnes on the ground. He rushed over and knelt next to the lieutenant then ripped his helmet off to check for a pulse. Barnes had two wounds from the energy sword that went through his chest near his heart, and a spike from the grenade in his stomach. Come on, give me something here...Shit! After feeling no pulse Ben said into the comm, "Doc, where are you? I need you buddy."
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime14/09/12, 06:25 pm

I run past several crates, boxes, moving equipment, barrels and a squad of grunts. I get a couple more plasma burns from them before they're killed by someone covering me. Finally I reach Barnes' and now Ben's location. I immediately pull out a biofoam canister but drop it.
My hands are shaking so badly now I can't keep a hold of things for long. Plasma burns on my fingers make sure of that.
Reluctantly, I pick it up and kneel next to Barnes' body. I examine his wounds and check his pulse, but it's already over before I can do anything.
This looks like a Energy Sword did this. But there's Brute spikes in him too. I guess he went out in a blaze of glory.
"The sword cut too close to his heart and burnt it bad. It's uh... cauterized. Not to mention it's also burnt his trachea. His windpipe. He's.. he's dead."
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime16/09/12, 06:16 am

Wyatt covered the doc as he moved along to assit Barnes. Once the doc reached his destination Wyatt ran across the battle field to Ben, Doc and Barnes just in time to hear Doc say that Barnes was dead. Wyatt shook his head it was hard to come to terms with, a man whom Wyatt had just talked to was now dead. And now it was time to rejoin the battle. "I'm so sorry for your loss, I wish I knew him better didn't. Even though i didnt know him that well I bet he would want us to fight on for him. With your permission Durrett I would carry his body onto a pelican for proper burial latter."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime17/09/12, 03:33 am

Benjamin watched Freon's hand shake from plasma burns then he dropped the biofoam he was holding but picks it back up and then he knelt down next to Barnes. Ben sees James check Barnes' pulse then he does nothing after that other then explain the damage done to the lieutenant, and that he was gone. Durrett simply stared at the medic in disbelief, his face almost as emotionless as the helmet he wears over it. He looked up to Wyatt that just got there and responded to him with a nod then said "Do it, let's get him out of here."

He then switched his squad comm on and spoke "Every body load up, I don't care if you can fit more in the Pelicans we're getting outta here. Bontempo get the workers on the Pelicans and fly to my location. Over?" A few seconds passed then Dominic replied "On it, moving back to the Pelicans now." Ben looked to the Spartan and Freon "Let's get back to the sniper position it'll be a safer pickup. James, you and I are going to cover Wyatt, understood?" He turned his back and held the Brute Spiker weapon in his hands, "We've had enough soldiers die today."

Ben checked around the truck looking for an enemy response, seeing none in the immediate area he rushed out then took cover behind a crate and scanned the area again. After feeling comfortable enough he motioned to James and Wyatt to get to the sniper position, or their extraction point now. Ben saw a single Grunt that waddled out from the cover of a large metal pipe. Ben fired a single massive spike into the short creature immediately dropping and killing it. With that a huge group of Brutes saw him kill the peon and opened fire on Durrett.

Ben saw a chieftain amongst the group of Brutes. The chief held a large hammer placed on his shoulder and wore a golden helmet on his head. Ben quickly thought himself I don't have time for this. After that Durrett ran out from cover into a dead sprint towards the extraction zone.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime17/09/12, 04:37 am

"Yes.. yes sir."
I don't know how helpful I'm going to be if I can't stop shaking. I thought to myself.
I equip my battle rifle and when Ben said it was clear I jogged over to him. Then watched as he put down a Unggoy.
Right after though many brutes found out our position and opened fire. I tried returning fire but barely hit any of them.
But in the present moment I'm providing cover fire for Durrett from the truck. Only getting their attention off him and onto me.
"You should get going with Barnes' body Spartan, I've got you covered."

I look at the Spartan, nod and do a small salute with a trembling hand. Then turning my attention back to the brutes. Finding one of them to be a Chieftain.
Golden armour and equipped with a gravity hammer, he could easily take out a squad of ODST's with ease. So I turn my attention to him.
Missing him completely unfortunately and hitting a couple of his kin. It brings his attention off of Ben and onto me, as I had hoped.
Now I have all of their attention. Good.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime17/09/12, 06:26 am

Wyatt returned the salute to the Doc then picked up Barne's body and took off reaching his top speed of 35 MPH in a matter of seconds. He passed up Durrett no problem and reached the Pelican in about a minute and a half. He handed Barnes over to some ODST troopers. Wyatt then turned and scooped out Doc's situation. He was holding back a group of brutes then Wyatt noticed it. The shunning gold helm and it's giant hammer leading the group of brutes. 'Shit a chieftan! I better get Doc outta there.' He thought to himself. He took off again at his top speed then opened his comms "Durrett when you reach the extration point I need you to cover me while I get the doc out of there." Wyatt reached the doc and kneeled next to him and started firing at the brutes to keep them at bay. "Ok, Doc I have an idea on how to get you out of here but you might not like it." Wyatt paused for a second then said "I'm going to have to carry you out. If you try to out run the brutes you won't stand a chance whether it be a spike round in the head or them overtaking you then pulling you apart. But if I carry you out you have a better chance at survial. So what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime17/09/12, 06:47 am

I laugh when the question ends and hear a click on my rifle. I reload and begin firing again. My shaking, burned hands take a toll.
"If I stopped these shakes I would've killed these guys off by now." I say with a smile plastered to my face. Knowing it isn't true.
The brutes get closer and closer which worries me. Do I actually have to be carried?
"Forget it. Just get me out of here. Preferably piggy back."
If I have to be carried, might as well make the most of it.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime18/09/12, 05:28 am

Wyatt nodded his head then opened his comms "Durrett when I and the doc start making our way to the extraction point I need you and the other ODST to lay down covering fire. I will signal you with a couple of explosives when we take off." Wyatt looked at the Doc and said "I'm going to throw all my grenades I have left which is two frags and one spiker that should give us some time to move. Now hop on." Wyatt shook his head as Doc got on his back he couldn't belive what he was doing. He was a highly trained and extremely expensive super solider... and now he was giving a piggy back ride to a medic. Once Doc was on Wyatt chucked his grenades over thief cover then stood up and sprinted towards the extraction point as fast as he could zig zaging as he went trying to avoid and enemy fire that might be aimed at him and the Doc.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime18/09/12, 05:38 am

I chuckle as we take off. This is brilliant situation. Riding a Super Soldier, definitely something I have to tell my wife.
I can't wait to get back home and see her. I think to myself.
I would try to fire back at the brutes but with my shaking hands and the constant movement I would only be wasting ammo.
So I just hold on the Spartan's neck and hope I don't fall off.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime20/09/12, 05:14 pm

Benjamin was running to the extraction zone when he heard Wyatt's voice say he would need covering fire, he then saw the Spartan rush back down to Freon's location. Ben reached his destination then turned around to give Wyatt cover. I'm not gonna do much with this weapon. He thought to himself then remembered that there should be another beam rifle from the Jackels Wyatt killed earlier. Ben grabbed the rifle then scoped it looking for the Doc's position.

Durrett saw Wyatt dart across the battlefield like a bullet towards the medic. Ben looked over Freon's piece of cover at the pack of Brutes and saw the Chieftain and shot at it. The first shot glanced off of it's helmet and a second shot hit it's chest plate causing no damage to the creature.

Ben let the weapon cool down for a moment then adjusted himself and aimed the rifle at the minors in the group. With two shots two Brutes hit the floor with a heavy thud sound. Ben heard Wyatt speak again asking for more covering fire, he then saw Freon climb onto the Spartan and then Wyatt started to run with the Doc on his back.

Even with all the death and weapons being fired Ben couldn't help but crack a smile and chuckle for a moment. "You have got to be kiddin' me." He said in near disbelief. Ben snapped back into reality and yelled to one of the other ODST that was out of the pelican to give the Spartan covering fire. He then fired at the Brutes dropping another two.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime21/09/12, 05:49 am

Wyatt ran as fast as he could avoiding enemy fire. In no time he had made to the extraction point. "This is your final stop may all passengers disembark... That means you doc oh and I would like my BR back as well. I kind of need it right now." Once the Doc had gotten off his back and given Wyatt his BR back he looked over at Durrett "Alright if that's everyone let's get out off this rock and go home. You and the other troopers get on I will cover you until your on board then get on myself." Wyatt aimed hus BR at the enemy and began firing at the brute chieftain keeping him pinned. "Once I get on board take off as fast as you can we don't want that giant hammer any where near us when we leave." Wyatt began walking backwards keeping the brute pinned as he went then he was on board.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime25/09/12, 05:40 pm

Benjamin nodded to Wyatt then climbed into the Pelican taking one of the seats closest to the hatch. He tried to get a shot from where he was sitting but couldn't see anything, the equipment hanging from the drop ships stern was blocking his vision. One of the Brutes stepped into view of Ben. Durrett raised his rifle quick and aimed it at it's head, or so it seemed. The crack in Ben's helmet that one of the previous Brutes put distorted Ben's vision, and when he squeezed the trigger the shot hit the Covenant soldier in the shoulder.

Ben adjusted his head so the crack wouldn't interfere. He fired another shot at the wounded Brute finishing it off with a head shot. Something large moved pass Durrett's scope. He looked up and kept his finger on the trigger, it was just Wyatt moving back. Ben heard a load rumble and the clouds started to part revealing a huge Covenant assault carrier descending upon the planet, a few miles out but still looked massive from there location.

Once Wyatt was aboard Ben spoke into his radio, "Pilot, get us outta here now!" The Pelican wrenched upward knocking Ben back in his seat. The hatch on the ship closed. Ben looked through the external cameras once again to see if there were any banshees pursuing. He didn't see any fliers but he saw the other Pelicans following. more Covenant ships descended and the huge gun starting to warm up on the carrier, then the other ships as well. The assault carrier's laser blasted down onto Skopje's surface burning it.

Ben switched to FLEETCOM on his radio and said, "UNSC Clearidas, come in. This is Gunnery sergeant Durrett from the ground team, over?" A few moments passed then a response came in "Copy ground team, this is captain Parris of the UNSC Chares. Do you need a pick up?" Ben thought for a moment UNSC Chares? where's the Clearidas? Never mind that now. Ben spoke again "We'll take that ride captain." "Proceed to docking bay A02 sergeant." The captain said.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime25/09/12, 06:06 pm

"So, I guess this is a mission success? Because it definitely seems like that."
I take my helmet off and scratch the back of my head. Then, with the same hand, I grab a medkit from my belt.
From there I try to apply it to my hands, having a bit of a time from my shaking.
"Did we lose any civilians?"
I ask without bothering to look up, too busy messing around with my hands.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime26/09/12, 05:29 am

When the pelican took off Wyatt put his arm on the top of the ship to brace himself. Wyatt looked around and found a seat across from Doc and Durrett. "So, I guess this is a mission success? Because it definitely seems like that." said Doc Wyatt looked at him and said "Well, I'm not sure my objectives were met but I don't know what yours were. Better ask Durrett." Wyatt was about to sit back and relax when Doc asked if any civies were lost "Sadly more than likely, if not while we were there then when we left. The planet is being glassed as we speak. It's sad but true there are bound to be casuilties of innocence when ever the covenante are involved." Wyatt leaned back and relaxed for a bit then started in his journal entry. Every day for the past couple if years Wyatt had kept an audio jornal in his armor's memory system. It was one if his many ways to keep from going mad. He closed off his comm output and started to record about the events that had taken place it only took a few minutes to finish. Then he turned back on his comm's output and adressed Durrett "Hey Durrett, this new ship we are going to. You think that there is a bar or something. I still owe you guys a drink."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime26/09/12, 07:27 pm

Ben looked at Wyatt then at Freon and said "Mission objective were to extract Machinery, tools, and personnel from the shipyard, then to delivery everything to Reach. So as long as we don't get blown up by one of those carriers the mission was a success." When Freon asked about civilian casualties Ben was about to say something but he let Wyatt speak first. "Skopje was home to few cities and was populated by millions of colonists. Even though they had warning that the Covenant were on there way not all of the civilians could get away. as Wyatt said, there will always be casualties."

Ben slid his helmet off and scratched his red beard, then looked at the crack in his faceplate. "They had better be." Ben replied to Wyatt then looked up at the super soldier and continued "We could all use a drink right about now." Durrett pulled out a cigar from one of his pockets and put it under his nose, it had a cinnamon scent to it. He then slid the cigar back in a pocket under a piece of armor.

The Pelicans exited the atmosphere bringing the UNSC Chares into sight. Ben watched the space around Skopje seeing dozens of Covenant ships now, though none of them payed any attention to the single UNSC ship, they were to busy glassing the planet. The drop ships entered the hangar of the Chares. When the ships touched down on the hangar ODSTs jumped out of them, some of them already began to strip there gear off. Ben waited for the rest of the Helljumpers to get out before he did.

Once everyone was out Durrett grabbed his helmet and beam rifle and walked down the Pelican's ramp. He tossed one of the engineers his rifle. The UNSC always likes more Covenant tech to work on.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime27/09/12, 04:44 am

Without a word I go straight to the medbay for my hands, slipping away from everyone easily.
But without knowing what ship class this is I don't know where it would be, so I end up staying in the hanger with everybody else.
Well, to be honest, my work isn't shabby. I did a decent job on my hands, I'll live. At least until later.

Except I know someone who won't be alive. Dammit, I failed today.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime27/09/12, 05:56 am

Wyatt stepped off the pelican as soon as it touched down and walked over to one of the hanger bay crew men who was helping unload equipment. "Hey you there... Yes you with the data pad get over real fast." The crew man jogged over to Wyatt and asked him what he needed. "Where is the bar in this place I and my friends could use one right about now." After he received his directions he went over to Durrett and the Doc "Hey I found the bar we can head over right now if you want. Anyone else who wants to come is welcome. We can drink a bit and talk about home or war stories which ever one suites you guys. Let me know when your ready to go and I will lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime01/10/12, 07:50 pm

Benjamin walked up to a table next to the wall of the hangar, and stripped his shoulder pads off then the rest of his gear. Durrett then walked over to a comm on the wall and pressed down on the 'talk' button and said "This is sergeant Durrett, we're all aboard captain, fly us outta here." Ben finished removing his gear when Wyatt approached him, and asked them about going to have a drink. "I'd like to have a shower before I sit down to relax. Don't worry, we're still quite a ways from Reach, we'll have the time soon enough."

Once Ben got cleaned up he got into his standard fatigues and headed to the bridge to talk to captain Parris. He got to the bridge and the door opened, Ben saw the crew of about fifteen sitting at their terminals, each of them with a specific purpose. Ben approached the captain then saluted and spoke, then the captain saluted back and said "Sergeant Durrett I presume, At ease. So what is it that you need sergeant?" Ben allowed his shoulders to drop then asked the captain "It's about the Clearidas sir, I was wondering just what happened?" Cpt. Parris paused for a moment and spoke "When we showed back up the UNSC Clearidas was under heavy fire by Covenant ships, after seeing that we were in the area the Clearidas jumped away luring multiple corvettes with them. We haven't heard from them since, I wouldn't worry sergeant i'm sure they'll be fine."

Ben then nodded to the captain and walked out of the bridge. No matter what the captain said Durrett did worry, soldiers died on Skopje so that they could extract tools, if they had lost an entire frigate then that would be a great lost. Ben tried to shake that feeling. He headed to where there was apearantly a place with drinks.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime04/10/12, 06:26 am

"Alright, I'm ready I guess, go ahead."
I looked to the Spartan when I spoke and with a bit of my weariness in my voice.
To be honest really, I'm not planning on drinking anything heavier then water. I feel slightly sick to my stomach, I always do after a mission.
Hopefully I just be invisible during the drinking period and be able to slip away easily.
Yeah yeah, I know I should be able to take a couple drinks... especially for an ODST...
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime05/10/12, 06:25 am

"Alright, Doc this way to the bar." Wyatt began to walk down tge hallways of the ship still in his armor. He probably wouldn't take it off for a while. After a few minutes of walking they made it to the bar. "Well here we are." The bar was a little worn down like most. But it was in decent shape it had a few tables with chairs and booths. There were a couple of troopers in the corner of the room playing a game of poker they looked up from their game for a few moments to stare at Wyatt in awe then went back to their game. "I'm going to wait for Durrett to get here before I drink. But when he does I'm ordering a shot of scotch and that's it for me. What are you having?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime05/10/12, 06:50 am

"Vodka, just straight vodka. The bottle, preferably."
Screw it. I think. Maybe get myself drunk tonight, I don't know.
"But I'll wait for the other ODST's too. More fun with drinkin' buddies eh?"
I take a seat on a bar stool which is, odd enough, by the bar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next