Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime05/10/12, 09:56 pm

Benjamin walked through the halls near the mess area where the bar was located. Once Ben entered the room he was somewhat surprised. Most bars on ships didn't look this nice, mostly because they weren't something you saw in any standard UNSC ship, they were usually just thrown together by crew members and the captains just overlook them. But they must have put a little more work into this one then most crews do.

Durrett walked up to Freon and Wyatt, Bontempo soon followed along with a few more ODST. Ben said to the two "Well, let's drink!" trying to sound as enthused as possible, but it was hard to mask your emotions when it came to death.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937
Not cool enough for a real rank

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime07/10/12, 07:23 am

After Durrett had showed up and announced that it was time to drink Wyatt ordered his one shot of scotch. The bar tender poured him a shot then went on to tend to the other customers. Wyatt reached up for his helmet and realized it's seal with a hiss then pulled it off and set it on the counter. Wyatt ran his hand through his medium length dirty blonde hair he needed to cut it a bit. Wyatt held his helmet in front of himself looking at his reflection in the yellow visor. His skin was pale due to lack of sun exposer, he also needed a shave. His facial hair had grown into a stuble of short hairs. Wyatt placed helmet back down and then raised his shot glass and said "To all the troopers who fought today. That was one he'll of a fight." then he downed his scotch and relaxed a bit more but didn't sit down. He was sure the weight of his armor alone would crush a metal fram chair easily.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime07/10/12, 07:31 am

The bartender moved from the Spartan to me, which is nice considering the wait I might've endured.
I order a shot of vodka and he brings it to me. I then lift it up when the Spartan did his, agreeing with him, in a sense.
I throw my head back and down the drink quickly. Coughing a little afterwards. Then at that moment, a question pops into my head.
Spartans are allowed to drink?
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime08/10/12, 04:48 am

Ben sat on a stool next to the bar, he requested a whiskey on the rocks then raised his glass to Wyatt. He takes a drink of his whiskey, burning as it went down his throat and leaving a horrible taste. That's why Durrett drank whiskey though, he hated the taste. But he liked it because tasting that nasty drink kept him from thinking to much, along with getting drunk or even just buzzed, it all helped to keep his mind from wandering to much.

Benjamin looked to the Spartan and said "Wyatt, If it weren't for you a lot more soldiers down there would have died." Ben held out his hand to Wyatt, awaiting a handshake. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime08/10/12, 06:02 am

Wyatt reached out and shook Durrett's hand "Your very welcome Durrett and the same goes for you and the Doc. Hell if it weren't for the ODSTs a lot less of those civies would have gotten away. I may be a super solider but I'm just one man I can only be in one place at once. Without you troopers the mission would have failed." Wyatt got the bartender's attention then asked for some water. After the water was brought to him Wyatt turned to Durrett and asked "How many times have you deployed like falling from the sky in a drop pod kind of deployment? And what about you Doc how may deployments or battles have you seen?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime08/10/12, 05:14 pm

"Too many to count."
I order and shot of Vodka, the first one didn't do enough I guess. The bartender pours more into my glass and I throw it back.
The burning sensation I have afterwards convinces me to never drink again.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime08/10/12, 06:09 pm

((Alright we'll go around a couple more times then end it.))

Benjamin thinks for a moment of what Wyatt asked, then replied "I'm unsure as to how many deployments exactly, but I can tell I've seen just about as many worlds burn, that I have been deployed into combat." Ben looked down at his glass seeing that the alcohol on the bottom was nearly gone. He finishes the rest of his glass then puts it on the bar. The marine that was serving the drinks held up the whiskey bottle asking if Ben wanted more, Durrett shook his head to the bartender.

Ben pulls out a cigar from one of his pockets, though this is not the one from the Pelican earlier. He lit the rolled up tobacco with a lighter from another pocket. He then put the cigar in his mouth, tasting a hint of cinnamon. He then took the cigar from his mouth and asked "What about you Wyatt? how many times have you been deployed in combat? or is that to classified to ask?"

Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/10/12, 05:33 am

Wyatt drank some of his water and said "Quite a few, usually I'm dropped into situations that have high value targets or were I can be useful. But a few times I was dropped into areas just to give the covenant hell you know stir the hornet's nest that sort of thing. One time I was doing just that when the UNSC decided to land some troops to secure a base of operations on a colony planet that the covies had over run. A squad got pinned down so I went to help them Lucy I did too. A pair of hunters showed up and I picked a fight with them took me a few minutes but I eventually took them down. Those are the kind of battles I fought in." Wyatt took another sip of his water then a marine walked over to him and said "Here you go sir." Handed Wyatt an envelope "These are your new orders." Wyatt thanked the man and opened his orders "Durrett your not going to belive this but I have been assigned to your squad. Seems like the UNSC thinks an ODST squad with a Spartan would be a wild card that they could use. Well looks like you won't be getting rid of me for awhile." Wyatt smiled and handed Durrett his orders for him to look over.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/10/12, 07:56 am

I cough several times because of the burning in my throat. I put my hand up with two fingers half way up too.
The Bartender, who seems quite busy right at this moment, finds enough time to give me a glass of water.
I nod in thanks and throw back this glass like I did the last. I find little relieve unfortunately. Even so, my throat is better.
Enough to talk anyway. So I turn to the Spartan with another question in mind. Really more of a statement.

"Command gave that order quickly, don'tcha think? Seems a little quick for them."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/10/12, 06:41 pm

Ben had a puzzled look for a moment when Wyatt handed him the orders. Durrett looks to Freon and replies to him "Could be that it's actually late. You were on the Clearidas to weren't you Wyatt? well maybe he was going to be deployed with us but the orders hadn't come in yet." Ben started to read over the notes, all of which seemed to be legit. "I'm sure ONI is going to have a small problem with this, but we'll just let the good ol' UNSC take care of that issue."

Ben ashes his cigar in a tray then stands up from his bar stool and says "Thanks for the drink, now if you don't mind I'm gonna go ahead and crash on my bed." Ben starts to walk out of the room to the barracks part of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/10/12, 12:59 am

"Well, I'm all out of energy. So, uh, yeah."
I turn around on the bar stool and hop off, then walking out of the bar in the direction of the barracks.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/10/12, 07:27 am

"Alright guys see you later." Wyatt finished his water and stood around the bar for a bit. Then he noticed something else in the envelope. It was his cabin number which was on of the lager rooms that the officers used. 'Hmm they probaly needed all that room for my armor station.' Wyatt thought to himself Sure enough when he got there all his gear and changing station took up 70% of the room the 30% was the bathroom and bed. 'Well home sweet home.' Wyatt removed his armor then sat down with a data pad to go over what his fellow Spartans were up to. After a while he went to bed and fell asleep right away.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/10/12, 07:57 am

((So is this mission complete?))
Back to top Go down
Wyatt-937

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/10/12, 12:06 am

((Yeah I think so but we should do another one soon))
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Skopje Debriefing   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/10/12, 05:52 am

Date: June 27th, 2547
The debriefing of Benjamin W. Durrett, of Oxen squad.
Benjamin Durrett
UNSC Officer

<Audio Recording begins>
"So gunnery sergeant Durrett. I will be debriefing you of your last mission, considering that the missions officer was reported Killed In Action, and you were the second in command at the time."

"As you probably haven't done this very often because you're not an officer I will go over this nice and simple. I ask questions, you answer them to the best of your knowledge. Understood?"

"Sir excuse me, but I know how a debriefing goes."

"Good. Now sergeant, was your mission a success?"

"The mission objectives were to extract any machinery, tools, and workers that may have been at the factory at the time."

"I know what the mission objectives were sergeant, the question was did you complete them?"

"Yes."

"Alright, now sergeant I read your report you wrote on your way back to Reach. Now it says that a Spartan dropped behind enemy lines not half way through your mission. Were you aware of the Spartans presence on the UNSC Clearidas?"

"I was not. How is this relevant to the mission sir?"

"Well I had heard that they were transferring this Spartan to your squad, and I've heard stories that ODSTs don't always take to kindly to Spartans, even though they've only been unveiled for less than a year now. I was checking to see if you had any of these problems."

"Sir, I'm not going to have a 'problem' if the UNSC puts a super soldier on my squad, and I only heard of these 'Spartans' just a short while ago and I thought they were just a myth thrown around by soldiers. But now that I see they're real, the first thing that comes to mind isn't anger or jealousy. It's hope."

"Alright you've made your views clear Sergeant-"

"Excuse me sir, might I ask a question?"

"Please."

"I was wandering if the Clearidas made it back?"

"Don't worry sergeant, the UNSC Clearidas checked in just before the Chares did. It's on the other side of Reach getting repairs as we speak. It was banged up, but nothing our engineers can't handle."

"Now sergeant, are you aware of the amount of casualties on this mission.?"

"Yes... fifteen KIA UNSC soldiers, two KIA civilian workers."

"Correct, those numbers aren't ideal. And your commanding officer of both your squad and the CO of the mission was among those casualties correct?"

"Correct."

"So I guess because you are second in command you're going to be taking control of Oxen, correct."

"Unless the UNSC assigns an officer for the job, than yes, correct."

"Oh I don't see why they would have to do that, they already have a proficient officer."

<Slight metallic sound from the table>

"Congratulations, Lieutenant Durrett."

<End of audio recording>

((Yes this is mission complete, I made this for the final post.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)   Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Durrett's files 2547 (OPEN)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2