Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Realistic RP forum start up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyper-Lethal_Vector
Not cool enough for a real rank
Hyper-Lethal_Vector

Realistic RP forum start up Empty
PostSubject: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime01/12/14, 06:13 pm

I believe it is due time to begin the realistic RP section of the forum and get a RP going so that people may indulge in that section aswell as the many others on the site.

Reasons why:
section is already there
Change of pace from the normal RP's
It would be nice and relaxed
It would allow people to use their cranium to think of realistic ways to make their character unique rather than something fictional, possibly allowing for greater depth.
Enables expression of things felt on a daily basis to be released in a similar (yet fictional) environment.

I personally would really enjoy this part of the forum and hope this could be taken to the voting section, I would like to hear about others opinions so please feel free to comment
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime01/12/14, 06:36 pm

We've tried it with a dice roll system and it ended up dying. There was another in a realistically written RP with stricter rules which also died.
Currently, there's the VHRP which is being set in a realistic environment where your actions have consequences.
Basically; I don't think it's really needed.
Back to top Go down
Hyper-Lethal_Vector
Not cool enough for a real rank
Hyper-Lethal_Vector

PostSubject: Re: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime02/12/14, 05:10 pm

Do you not think the reason the others failed was because of the strict rules?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime02/12/14, 05:14 pm

Sorry, who are you?

You're all like "I believe it is time."

I've never seen you around. And you've not posted in any topic but this one.....

Last edited by Skippy on 02/12/14, 05:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime02/12/14, 05:16 pm

Also, as the creator of that RP. No. It didn't die because of the stricter rules. It died because a few members of the community took it over and never gave anyone else a chance to post. Then those members left.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime02/12/14, 05:20 pm

Also, you seem to be talking about a modern day RP. Which we basically sort of had. It died eventually too because interest dwindled off to just a few of us.

Shrug. It's been done and done, it doesn't work
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime02/12/14, 05:30 pm

Also (Again! I know! Could have just editted but I really want to get the point across) the Realistic Section is empty because it was moved to the Historical section so we could clear up the front page. It did have RP's inside of it originally that were moved to their corresponding area in the active RP's section.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime02/12/14, 05:41 pm

Without rules, RPs tend to fly off the rails and we have people commanding their own fleets.
So no, I don't think that the RPs failed because they had rules, which aren't even that strict.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realistic RP forum start up   Realistic RP forum start up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realistic RP forum start up
Page 1 of 1