Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP Second Story Chapter 1

Go down 
+14
Tenébrís
Moose
Janitor
Paarthurnax
Colgate
Felix
Justin
Dewsaur
N
Xion's Memory
TrashClown
The Meta
Teria
The White Wolf
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:09 am

"Not everyone has the benefit of being a mutant freak."

I don't release my knife just yet, but I do hold it less tightly.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:10 am

A mutant freak? Do you not take drugs to boost your body? Augments in ways that it cannot do itself?

=the grin gets a tad bigger=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:11 am

Lock it down. Both of you.

I look up from my maps at them both.

I get it. We don't like each other. We don't have to. What we have to do is save those civilians.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:13 am

=i turn my head dropping the smile=
I knew I could get you to say it.

=i grab the rifle by the carrying handle=
I'll be out on the edge of the camp keeping watch.

=i head out of the tent towards the front lines=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:15 am

I give the spartan another glare as he leaves, before removing my knife from my belt, and placing it back in it's sheath on my chest.

"Now I see why every other ODST hates them."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:16 am

Remember when I told you to shut your mouth, Four? Consider that a standing order.

Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:21 am

I nod, picking my helmet up and walking out of the tent, headed to find out if I could finally become a full combat medic while in the base. I needed a few hours of training, then maybe, I'd get my new emblem. Then I'd sleep for the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:23 am

=I chuckle a bit, working on the fuses to my 'Bell Ringer' IEDs=

Navy has all the intelligence, my ass...

=I grin, looking at my handiwork=

Now...to apply the adhesive to the side. That's the tricky part...

=I then start placing on the adhesives, magnetic side facing up, to help stick to the armor=

Now to convince someone to actually carry this stuff...tricky...
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:27 am

ODST's, biggest a- Whoa, stop there Scott. Don't want to think negative things, remember?
I breathe in a deep breath to calm myself, and watch as Sierra 582 walks by me.
I really should stop standing in the doorway.
I start walking and find myself following him, wherever he's going. I don't really care where I go right now.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:31 am

I had walked to the front door before being stopped by a human and a Sangheili Minor blocking the entrance way.

"...(the sound of screaming and shoes rubbing against the floor)...Move! Now!"

I saw the Sangheili Minor strike the human who fell to the floor crying.

"It would be within your best interests to not show impertinence, worthless cur!"

The Sangheili Minor walked over to the human and picked him back up. I allowed him past before exiting the compound. The sun stole my face, which I responded by covering my face. It was incredibly radiant, which had both advantages and disadvantages. We reached the bottom of the stairs and reached a ditch which had a little rain water in, which was a good sign of vegetation and moisture. The two Sangheili accompanying me stood in front of me facing towards me.

" Eww evahh neebb jikolp vibon yui dighilok foo sihtt Covenant encampment litnuu eww redf montoles."

Quote :
"We have been issued with the defence of this Covenant encampment until told otherwise."

They clenched their fists and placed them near their chests to show honour and respect.

"You will patrol the walls, ensure that all patrols return and exit safely. You, I want you to patrol the prisoners cages. Ensure that none of them show disrespect or attempt to escape; eliminate them if they do so."

The did the same gesture again before separating and doing as they were asked. I, I was just going to regulate. I went to the nearest watchtower which was stationed on top of a half-demolished building. I sat, overlooking the battlefield and encampment with my Rifle in hand.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:34 am

=i turn my head slightly as the spartan follows me=
Well? You wanna talk or just stalk me.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:46 am

"I was just going to say, I like the way you got that from her."
From habit, I grab my magnum and examine it as I walk.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:48 am

=i chuckle=
Thanks. I don't like threatening other human beings, but I can do it if I really have to. What's your name, by the way? I don't think we ever told each other.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:52 am

"Uh, Scott. My name is Scott Knight. Yours?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 12:56 am

Dormius Malus. Parents didn't like me much as a kid.

=i laugh lightheartedly=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 01:09 am

I laugh quietly and put my magnum back on my side. I never really thought about my parents...
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 01:33 am

I stood, shaking the sniper tower slightly. I beamed down the gravity lift before placing my Beam Rifle back on to my back. The Jackal had returned from his patrol to take my place anyway.

I returned to just patrolling around the encampment, occasionally chatting with fellow warriors and great friends.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 02:22 am

I sit down in a nearby chair and study the maps closer. On the one furthest out, it looked like there was a horrible storm coming in. I hoped it would be there once we started.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 02:41 am

I take notice yet again of the staring people, almost sighing. I wish I had some music to listen to...
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 02:45 am

02:00.

I stand up and stretch out. My back was a little sore. I had fell asleep at the desk for a good few hours, and well. that chair wasn't the comfiest thing in the world. We were due to leave in a few minutes and from the constant reports from everyone popping in. We had everything we needed. I walk outside into the torch light camp. It's pouring heavily with rain, and the occasional lightning flashes across the sky. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 03:00 am

Ellie had sat down, back against a wall, breathing. Her vision had tunneled, and she was having trouble hearing. She just breathed, breathed calmly and easily, until her vision cleared and she could hear. She looked up. She at least had heard her job.
"Can do Katie...Just, don't keep me waiting." She said, pressing her head against the wall gently.
She'd make it.
She had to.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 03:31 am

It has not eased up since my dropped landing, almost half a day ago. The emotional feel of this island has grown stronger since I first felt it. It definitely harbours emotions, even if I cannot place them.
The evening has been pouring with the substance these humans call: the rain. It pattered down on my helmet as I began to inveterate the encampment. No contact has been made, which is a conventional start to the day. I wiped my visor once again as a small congregation of liquid substance formed there. It sent my helmet systems funny when it remained there. I decided to walk back to the compound and see how things were holding up there. With each step, a huge puddle sounded and splashed behind my hooves. When would this stop? The humans in the cage seemed to be getting wet and cold, I laughed at this sight. The other Covenant warriors around the encampment remained where they were stationed. A little liquid would not cause much harm. I finally reached the steps which was a relief. That was a minute more than I had to spend in the slushy earth.

I reached the top of the stairs, looking back seeing brown footprints on the stairs that I had stepped on. I walked into the makeshift command centre seeing the General speaking with the Ultra. He noticed me walk in and he instantly dismissed the Ultra.

"How are things going, Special Operations Officer?"

Very well, General. And you?"

"Excellent thus far. How has the objective I set you been going?"

"Fantastic, General! I split my lance up and assigned them different tasks. We met up thirty minutes ago and they told me how their day had been."

"Good news I hope?"

"Indeed. The cages were all in check, the walls seemed to be in check and our scouts reported nothing."

"Excellent. The Phantoms will be here tomorrow for transportations of the containers."

"You speak of them as though they are dogs..."

"That is what they are, brother."

"And that...we are in agreement."
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 03:45 am

I jump up from my chair, startled by a crack of thunder. Of course my first thought is to reach for my sidearm.
I realize where I am though and rest my hand on it. Then regaining my composture and walking outside the tent I'm in.
I look around the camp to see what the noise was but not seeing anything out of the ordinary. So I look up at the sky.
A lightning storm? Magnificent. That'll give us that much more of a advantage. But is it time?
I stretch my arms as I start walking over to tent I was at awhile ago...
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 04:03 am

=I had propped up one of the chairs to take a nap. I then wake up several hours later to the crack of thunder, the white hot flash of lightning, and the pattering of rain on the asphalt outside. I smiled, feeling as this would be the perfect time to stage a raid=

Well...nothing like a quick nap to refresh the mind

=I then check the clock, mildly suprised I'd been asleep for that long. I get up and stretch, making sure I wasn't sore=

That's the best sleep I've gotten in years...but it'll be better once I've split some Covvie skulls...

=I then get my gear ready, knowing that the op was about to begin=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 04:09 am

=i had my helmet on, and was rolling the sniper rifle along my arm back and forth, end to end, from barrel to stock, magazine to scope, getting a feel for the weapon. It felt off, different. Stronger, but not in a good way. It could hit from a harder distance yes, but it just...was wrong. Say what you will, warfare has an art to it, and these rifles...they were like a stain on a priceless piece of work. Just ugly and ruining, taking the value of the painting and cutting it to shreds=
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 04:50 am

I sat in the mess tent/Dining tent, whichever you wanted to call it. Not eating, just waiting. I didn't have the most exciting job, but getting people out was an important one. Sitting in silence it sounded like the rain outside just got louder and louder, every second I listened. I eventually drifted off for a moment, falling asleep for about ten minutes, then being awakened by the whipping crack sound of a lightning strike in the sky. I pull out a cigarette pack from one of my pouches, followed by a lighter. These last few days had been stressful as hell for me, and I barely get the time to have a smoke.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 04:51 am

I walk on over to the three warthogs lined up near the entrance to camp. Ellie was already there, along with a few of the marines, as was Four.

Nice night for a drive.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:02 am

Before I realize it, my walk turned into a jog. I guess I'm getting excited about this mission without meaning to.
But I realize another thing, I should be going to the Vehicle garage. Or wherever the Warthogs are.
And with my luck everyone is already there and waiting for me. So I change direction towards the Warthogs.
Finding Dusk squad members and a couple others. But not everyone, thankfully.
Making a fool of yourself before a mission is a bad way to go. Even more so when they already hate you.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:12 am

I walk out the tent, and the rain extinguishes my cig. I flick it away and walk to where the Warthogs are parked at, finding most of the troopers, marines and Spartans alike standing around the hogs.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:15 am

=I then hit the vehicle bay, seeing the rest of the squad ready to go=

Couldn't ask for better weather...

=I then gather with the rest of the squad, merely grinning=

Only someone like me would enjoy the constant company of explosives...

Well, look who's in time for the party...
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:17 am

Just waiting on Sierra now.

I lean against one of the Hog's. We had two Turrets and a Transport. The Transport was our evac.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:18 am

==Covenant Command Post, Brig==

=Zuka stood tall over the bloodied and broken body of the Human female he had captured. So far, he had made little progress in getting them to reveal what they knew. But they did know something, he was sure of it. He just needed to know what. By this time, the young male was missing the lower half of his left arm, which Zuka had cut off with his Energy sword in an effort to get him to speak. Both of the humans had more than a few broken bones, cuts and bruises all over their bodies, and marks from the shocks they received in their cages. Cages... how appropriate. The Humans, Zuka thought, were no more than lowly animals that had stumbled their way into Space, and deserved to be treated as such. When they disobeyed, he would punish them as he saw fit, and would continue to do so until they were corrected. He stooped down and picked the female up by the throat, dragged her over to the cage where the male sat, a bloody and sniveling mess, and threw her in harshly, showing his now rising frustration with these creatures. She hit her head on the back wall, and it began to bleed. Zuka simply shut the door and turned away. He stepped outside the small room and met his second in command just beyond the door=

Z- Rylok, nur kan dommri uus ruur man di la krein?

R- Zhes' wi tain nuuz alevv es go'ond.

Z- Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:21 am

=i check the clock and start heading to the front gate, rolling the rifle around some more before planting it on my back. I slide my helmet on and make sure every things is working out. I walk up to the warthogs, with the rest of the squad there=
Everyone set?

=i don't move my head but I semi-glare at Two and Four=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:23 am

Sierra, one of you in each of the turrets. Ellie, Four, Three and me will be in the back of the Transport Hog. Marines can drive.

I clamber in back of the transport, turning around and holding my hands out towards Ellie to help her up.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:26 am

=i climb up onto one of the turrets and rack the bolt, chambering a round and setting it to live=
All set.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:30 am

I jump into the passenger seat. Now sitting next to a fellow marine who is driving.
I sit more on the side of the hog, due to my pack restricting me from sitting back.
"Green to go."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:47 am

=I get in and give a thumbs up=

Three is green and very, very mean!

=I take my rifle off saftey and rack a round in the chamber=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 05:54 am

I jump up onto the back of the warthog, making it shake a bit. I grab the gun with my right hand and give a thumbs up with my right.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 01:55 pm

I felt a shiver run down my spine, I guess it was from this weather. The constant patter of the liquid and then it was topped off by thundering and lightening. Unusual, but most satisfying. All I needed to do was report to the General, nothing more.

"Is that all, General?"

"You are dismissed, Special Operation Officer."

I bowed down before him, stood up and swiftly exited. I walked down the hallway and in to one of the rooms. One of the Sangheili had crates and crates of food. I walked over to the Sangheili and greeted him.

"Malbavka, wertyn."

Gratik, yutsu."

"Yusrk etuvas?"

Enkemp atomptak monoles. Yusrk etuvas?"

Ilotymper, wertyn."

"I would like whatever you have please."

The Sangheili Major let off a slight chuckle, before handing me some raw flesh, jelly crabs and some other delightful delicacies. He placed in on a tray for me. I thanked him, and walked out with it. When I reached the door, I took my first step on to the stair when a puddle rose quite high. The rain still hadn't let up. I cant even see anything. I continued walking down the stairs, with a Jelly crab in hand; I downed it in one, which sent a lingering sting in my throat which added to the flavour. It was extraordinary. Next, was the raw meat. I ripped a large portion off first and ate that, chewing and savouring the moment before I downed the second half. Beautiful. I then finished off the last bites before throwing the tray away. I felt empty, but full enough to continue on.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 04:17 pm

I look up from the shiny white symbol (I finally got full Combat Medic status) on my helmet and jump into the hog, pulling it on.

I nod to Katie, indicating that I'm ready.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 08:39 pm

I lift Ellie up and help her to sit down then bang on the side of the Hog. We start moving out and as per orders, we had no lights on. The occasional lightning flash lit up the sky, but the power grid was out. It meant the journey would take longer, but we'd have less chance of being seen.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 08:55 pm

It was... eerie. It didn't feel right, this mission. I had a feeling something was going to go horribly wrong. I was jumpy, I kept tensing on my SMG, thinking I'd seen movement in a window or a doorway.

Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 09:42 pm

This weather really is intolerant. Everything, the ground, the vehicles, the armour, became wet. It was unusual and not something I would welcome everyday. I looked around but nothing could be seen. Everything was so dark. The only things that were visible were the lights given of by the vehicles, sniper towers, barriers, crates and weapons. It would suffice for now, but better lighting would have been appreciated this time around.

I went up the Spire-like structure that had been established as the day passed. It was only slightly larger than a Covenant tower, give or take a few meters. There were turret placements up here, and room for a Banshee landing pad. There seemed to be a control panel and a command deck. I walked in to see an Ultra here. He was working on something near the panel, it looked interesting.

"Ultra."

I bowed down before the Ultra who soon noticed my arrival.

"You may stand."

I obliged.

"Ultra, why is it so dark? We do not seem to have any lights."

"The electrical grid is down. We do not have any power to the lights in this area; however, we have the lighting from our damper lights and our objects here. If we connected some around the camp, we could possibly light this encampment up more."

"I believe they are already connected up, Ultra. I saw Unggoy messing around with them earlier.

Let us see...(sounds of beeps and clicks of Covenant technology)...it seems one is still not connected."

"Would you like me..-?"

"What do we have here...our surveillance has shut down!"

"Mentras?"

"It seems that the surveillance systems we have in place with the Corvette are no longer operational. We had motion sensors in place which tracked the movement of anything outside of the encampment, and they no longer work."

"Understood. I will take a look at the lighting problem first and attempt to salvage the surveillance equipment afterwards."

"Very well. Return with results, brother."

I nodded before quickly getting to work. I placed my finger by my throat to tap the communications system on.

"Torix, yusrk etuvas?"

Quote :
"Torix, how are you?"

"Malbavka, sire!"

Quote :
"Greetings, sire!"

"Detren eyup losup."

Quote :
"We need to talk."

"Il manot fukren hikelm."

Quote :
"I will gladly listen."

Code:
Translated for easier read

"You need to visit all four generators and ensure they are on to power the lights. They could possibly be damaged from these mysterious weather conditions."

"As you wish, sire. What of S bi?"

"If you see him, I would like you to tell him to assist you."

"I will do that immediately. Farewell."

I cut the line and dropped down the gravity lift.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 09:58 pm

For one reason or another, a sinister feeling struck me in the gut. Like we shouldn't be doing this. But those Civilians are dead without us.
I really don't have a choice in the matter anyway. So I try to shake it off, being almost successful...
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 10:19 pm

=i kept watch with the turret, feeling at home with this darkness. Something felt off, slightly, but I dismissed it. I was heading into my element...=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 10:28 pm

=I look around as the Hog continues to move, a vague sense of dread
nagging at the edges of my mind.=

Come on Mike...stay frosty. Wierd shit has happened before...

=I take a couple of deep breaths to calm myself, the sense of dread still nagging at me=

Last edited by The Meta on 27/10/12, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 11:08 pm

She was right. Dusk two that is, I probably would get killed hanging around Helljumpers. Didn't matter much though, there wasn't anything left to lose anyway. I start quietly humming an old Russian song that my parents taught me. Keeping myself cool along the ride.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 11:12 pm

We hit a small bump and the warthog bounces. I glance at Ellie worriedly for a moment before turning back to watch ahead. The lightning flashes and I spot the cover we're making for up ahead.

Slow it down, nice and quiet now.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 11:14 pm

=the bump makes the rifle smack softly against my leg. It couldn't have been that loud, but because of the tension in this current area, it sounded like a nuclear bomb. I was ready though, I kept turning around, pointing the gun at various places enemies might appear from=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 11:30 pm

The bump we hit causes the gun to point up, but I bring it back down. I look over to Sierra where I heard a loud tap.
Okay, maybe it wasn't as loud as I think it was because of the silence. Still, it got my attention.

At least we're here. Now I can stop being so paranoid.

Last edited by Aregormir on 27/10/12, 05:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP Second Story Chapter 1
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next