Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP Second Story Chapter 1

Go down 
+14
Tenébrís
Moose
Janitor
Paarthurnax
Colgate
Felix
Justin
Dewsaur
N
Xion's Memory
TrashClown
The Meta
Teria
The White Wolf
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 11:44 pm

I whisper under my breath, more to calm my nerves than anything.

"HellJumper, HellJumper, where have you been...

It wouldn't be heard past maybe 5 metres at a push, but the words I trained with seemed slightly comforting.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime26/10/12, 11:56 pm

=After we hit the bump, I check my IEDs and breath a sigh of relief when they don't go off=

Be on your guard, Mike...you're in the lion's den now...

=I keep looking around, watching for any sign that we were being watched=
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 12:41 am

I went into one of the huts so I could remain dry, where I knelt down on the mat which was in the centre of of the hut. I got my Data Pad out from my utility and attempted to salvage the surveillance of this encampment. I connected the Data Pad to the Corvette and was trying to establish a holographic link to it.

Code:
////_:Connection established .:. attempting Superluminal communication:_\\\\
///_:Re-routing anonymous source to confidential source:_\\\
///_:[||||||||||||||||||||||||] LO54;FF6'3(?)<c?>:_\\\

///_:Holographic link requested......:_\\\
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
///_:Holographic link confirmed .:. connected at: 2:32 AM (?):_\\\

Corvette, Determined Voice, respond?"

"This is...(sound of static)...Corvette Determined...(sound of static)...Voice's Chief Advisor; we read you...(sound of static)... loud and clear Sangheili Special Operation's."

"What is going on with the surveillance down here in the encampment? The sensors and other equipment installed have shut down."

"We understand...(sound of static)...what is going on. The weather p...(sound of static)...atterns play a major role in this as...(sound of static)...it has knocked out all electrical charge within...(sound of static)...a mile of the centre."

"Is it salvageable from down here?"

"Negative...(sound of static)...you will have to wait until the storm is...(sound of static)...over. The storm will pass over you soon which...(sound of static)...will...(sound of static)...cease communications between you and the Determined Voice."

"When will communications be back up?"

"When...(sound of static)...the storm...(sound of static)......(sound of static)......(sound of static)..."

"Determined Voice? Determined Voice, respond?"
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 01:00 am

We slow right down until we reach the rubble. The warthog stops and I lower myself out of it carefully before reaching back inside to take the silenced SMG i had brought with me.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 01:13 am

=Rylok nodded to Zuka=

R- Ok lin ov sin wor ag nuur.

Z- Junnli khan.

=Rylock walked up the stairs and into the main room of the brig building. There he met with Vera, and the two of them walked together out the building's front door and stood at the entrance. Rahn and Korr went into the room and took the places of their squadmates. Zuka went back into the room with the caged humans=

Z- Iv yuu vil naht teil mii waort yuu gno, I vil gut yuu. Duu yuu ahnterzdant?
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 01:16 am

Actually, no it doesn't. It means all the more reason to be. Get it right Scott.
I quietly get off the Warthog and equip my DMR. Then start looking around at the buildings and the remains of some of them.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 01:19 am

=i turn and hop off, making as quiet a landing as you can with Spartan armor. I pull my sniper rifle out and hold it ready, moving towards the first point on our journey=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 01:32 am

Sierra Dusk moves away first and I begin to follow, with everyone else moving behind me in a line. The building we were aiming for was a few metres away, but then it would be a good ten minute climb up to the floor with the scaffolding.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 01:44 am

=I follow behind Two, looking at a decent ten meter climb, in nearly full combat load=

Well...I do need the exercise

=I sigh as I continue to follow the squad=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 03:12 am

Gonna be climbing the stairs, whoop-de-do. I just want to get past it.
I wait for everyone else to go first then start walking behind them.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 03:21 am

And so I sit in the soaking Warthog, awaiting the Spartans and Troopers to complete the mission. I scan the area for any unusual movement, after all it's only me, a couple marines and an injured trooper left sitting with the hogs.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 03:24 am

We enter into the buildings lobby and I move to the corner next to the staircase. Pointing at the other Spartan, i gesture for him to take point. Sierra Dusk will bring up the rear. This building could be occupied, and we couldn't take any chances.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 03:42 am

I nod as I take point. I look up the stairs, seeing that it's clear. Then start up them.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 04:28 am

=i stay behind everyone else, keeping my rifle ready as we move into the building. The rifle would do very little in such a close quarters area, and would really just be a hindrance. It made sense for me to stay back=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 05:09 am

We move up the stairs one flight at a time. On the third flight, Four accidently knocked a rock down the staircase behind us and we sat waiting with bated breath for a few minutes in the pitch blackness. Of course we could see. VISR mode was a lifesaver in these times. Eventually we made it to the 6th floor. We had about 8 apartments between us and the scaffolding, and those would take time to clear out. I waved Sierra Dusk goodbye as we moved off onto the floor. He would go two floors higher yet, and set up in a good overwatch position.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 05:13 am

=i kept moving up, not really bothering with a wave back to Two. I took one step then another carefully and silently up the stairs, deciding to put the rifle on my back and just get my knife out. If anything happened, I'd rather be using my knife rather than that blasted rifle=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime27/10/12, 02:12 pm

I scanned my arcs, double and triple checking the shadows. I saw movement, and lined it up, only to find a rat.

At least my eyesight is good...
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime28/10/12, 02:01 am

I put up my DMR and grab my recently silence Magnum. Then I start opening the doors and going inside, checking for any Covenant.
Once one was cleared, I'd move on to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime28/10/12, 01:38 pm

I beamed up to the top of the nearest building that was in place. I was getting really bored without any action; however, it was required of me. i got out my Beam Rifle and switched my thermal optics on. Time to check what they haven't. I zoomed in on the buildings and began to scan.

Last edited by Paarthurnax on 30/10/12, 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime29/10/12, 06:17 am

Ellie had the four 'hogs parked out of sight; two carried the standard machine guns; her's carried the special missile pods. The final 'hog was a troop carrier, brought to quickly carry Dusk and the civilians out. It would be best if they got out soon.
Ellie was sitting on the bumper, breathing softly. This is where she wished she had some air support of some kind, even if it was just a single Pelican; would be better then nothing.
"Waiting. The worst part of any war."
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime29/10/12, 04:56 pm

I nod to what the ODST sergeant said.
"You never know if an enemy has you in its cross hairs. Just waiting for the order to shoot."
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 03:53 am

I watched from the back of the warthog as we were preparing to leave. It was raining much harder than earlier but I didn't mind getting wet. We were waiting for Marik to retur from his meeting. It figure just as we return to camp we are sent out again and boy has it been a long day, at least I can catch some z's as we headed to the encampment near the front line. The news was that along with the surviving ODST's there was a rumor that a Spartan was on the planet. I personally have never seen one but it would be something to see it in action. I saw Marik walking to our warthog.

So what did they say.

He passed by and entered the pasanger seat in the warthog I was in.

"They sent a team out there to disable those generators. Nice catch."

I nodded and put up the screen above me so the rain wouldn't hit me. I heard tbe engine start as I. drifted away
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 05:43 pm

Interesting, very interesting. I placed my hand in front of my scope and cleaned it with my fingers. This rain was becoming more of a nuisance than before, and that was not good. I cleaned my visor, as looking through my for so long caused a collection of water to form around my eye which then dropped when I removed my eye from the scope. I could not be certain of what I saw, but it was enough to make me cautious.

This storm was growing; the winds had picked up and the amount of rain had increased at a concerning amount; however, they always said back in training: "Night operations, in storms, were always the best". I looked back towards the building.

Last edited by Paarthurnax on 30/10/12, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 07:05 pm

We reach the end of the rooms and enter the one with the scaffolding. It turned out, the scaffold had fallen into the room and was leaning out horizontally over the precipice. There was maybe 4 or 5 bolts holding the entire scaffold up. I took a deep breath.

Alright. Pass me the rope, I'm the lightest.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:14 pm

"Are you sure? I mean, there must be a way around."

I knew HellJumpers had to take risks, but this one seemed unnecessary to me.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:15 pm

This is the only way to get through their guard towers without chancing being spotted. We risk a full front attack. This is the only way.

I hold my hand out for the coil of rope.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:17 pm

I sigh, dropping my pack and taking the rope out. I half-jog over, and place the rope in her hands.

"Be careful, It wouldn't look good if you died from anything but the full covvie armada."
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:20 pm

This is going to be fun. Nice, slow, boring and greatly anticipated.
I look at the scaffolding, wonder how the hell I'm getting over that without it breaking.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:23 pm

I give him a nod and put the rope over my shoulder and head. I climb out onto the scaffolding and slowly balance my way across the metal beam towards the end. The rain and wind hit me as I left the building's cover and I fell, just managing to catch myself with my hands. I take a few deep breaths, hanging there for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:26 pm

I stifle a gasp.
"Shit."

I watch, feeling helpless.

"Cover me."

I follow her out, moving much more clumsily than she did.

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:32 pm

=i climbed up to the top, finding a good sniping position from a ledge partially covered from the ruined roof. I slid the rifle through a hole that seemed tailor made for it, and scoped in. I tapped the radio to the others=
Sierra in overwatch, over.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:32 pm

Four! Get back! Two of us on this is just going to make it fall.

I swing my legs up and grab hold of the beam.

I'm okay.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:33 pm

"Yeah, doesn't look like it, hand me the rope, I can tie it to something."

I hold my hand out, barely keeping my balance.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:34 pm

Shit!
I bend over and grab the beam, giving it as much support that I can. Making sure it doesn't fall or break. Or something…

Last edited by Fel on 30/10/12, 08:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:35 pm

=I prop up the beam with the Spartan=

God, this is a stupid idea...

=I watch Four head down, and then come back up=

Just keep the beam in place...I don't want to wear this scaffolding for a hat!

Last edited by The Meta on 30/10/12, 08:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:35 pm

Four. Get the fuck back in the building. That's an order. You're going to get us both killed.

I begin shuffling my way along to the end of the scaffolding, rotating around the pole to avoid other metal beams that crossed the one i was on.
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:36 pm

It was quiet, all things considered. There wasn't many left of us at the Outpost. And well, until my Falcon was repaired, I had to sit out here, and eat lovely, lovely canned food.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:47 pm

"And jumping feet first won't get us killed? Death is in the job description."

I pause, regaining my balance.

"It's not like they'll discharge me for this, they're running out of good soldiers. Pass me the rope..."

I pause to take a breath.

"...Ma'am."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:48 pm

You are disobeying a direct order Private and if you don't get back inside that building right now, so help me god when we get on the ground because I'm going to shove my foot so far up your ass that the water on my knee will quench your thirst.

I reach the end and take one hand off of the beam to unhook the rope from me and begin tying it around a secure point.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:50 pm

"Are you sure? I think that's against regulations."

Needless to say, I began edging towards the building, I had little doubt that she's actually carry out that threat, or to the best of her ability.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:51 pm

"C'mon guys. This is getting harder to hold up!"
I grunt as Dusk whatever moves further away. Well, as I said. That just made it harder.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:52 pm

=I stifle a laugh as I hear Two calling out Four=

Come on Four, get your ass in the building.

=I continue to hold the beam up, the only thing keeping the scaffolding where it is=

I'm with the Spartan here...We can't hold this sucker together much longer.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:53 pm

I finish tying the rope and let it drop to the ground below. I unhook my legs from the beam and move my hands onto the rope. I slide down slowly, landing at the bottom a few seconds later with a soft squelch. I turn on my comms.

Alright. It's clear. One at a time. Three. Four then Sierra. Come only on my mark.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 08:55 pm

=I heave a sigh of relief=

Roger that, Two.

=I stop propping the beam and wait for Four to get his ass moving=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 09:05 pm

I move cautiously along the scaffold.

"If I die, I'm not keeping your seat warm after this."

I lose my balance, barely grabbing onto the scaffold before I fall into the darkness below me.

I struggle to pull myself back up, but fail. So, I edge along the edge of the scaffold towards Dusk three and throw myself towards the ledge, barely getting a grip.

Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 09:10 pm

I let go of the beam and bend over the ledge. I grab the ODST's arm and pull him up some, then grabbing his backpack and using that to lift him up completely.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 09:14 pm

I pant, trying to get rid of the excess adrenaline from my near death experience.

"Thanks, Spartan."

Better be thankful for whatever they were pumped full of, huh?

Great, I was arguing with myself about the Spartans.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 09:15 pm

=I chuckle slightly and head towards the rope=

Whatever you do Mike...don't look down

=I then head down the rope, willing myself not to look down=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 09:18 pm

I stand up, glancing at the spartan.

"Remind me not to piss her off again."

I jump back to the scaffold, walking across it with as much balance as I can muster.

I turn at the end, grabbing hold of the rope tightly before I descend.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime30/10/12, 09:21 pm

=I plop down as I hit the ground=

Three is on the ground

=I look at Two and give her a grin in my helmet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP Second Story Chapter 1
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next