Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New rule vote.

Go down 
+3
Razgriz
The White Wolf
TrashClown
7 posters

Add this?
Yes to 1
New rule vote. Empty37%New rule vote. Empty
 37% [ 7 ]
Yes to 2
New rule vote. Empty21%New rule vote. Empty
 21% [ 4 ]
No to 1
New rule vote. Empty16%New rule vote. Empty
 16% [ 3 ]
No to 2
New rule vote. Empty26%New rule vote. Empty
 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:07 pm

I am calling a new rule vote that shall apply to the chatbox and posts, as well as PM's if a screenshot can be presented as evidence.

I propose thus:

The following shall be outlawed, and shall be dealt with as any other rulebreak according to severity:

1) Purposefully making someone angry or trying to provoke an angry or otherwise hostile response from them.

2) Exploiting loopholes or finding ways around the rules. They are there for a reason.
---As a sub-thing, this shall include bending the rules in the same way.

I ask that everyone vote on these. Keep in mind that they are two different rules, I am simply calling them in one vote for the sake of convenience.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:09 pm

So does that mean the incident that happened the other day that we discussed on Steam would be actually dealt with?

Or are we still selective admining?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:10 pm

You realize how hard it would be to police loopholes, right? I can get behind the rule against deliberately making people angry and such, but instead of trying to ban use of loopholes, maybe try and remove the holes instead?

(Difficult task I know, but worth exploring)
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:11 pm

I don't have an opinion on the second. But I don't think the first one should be enforced. Yes people do this, but you can't be sure if someone is really trying to annoy you, or just comes off as annoying.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:16 pm

Replies everywhere.

Rantonhnaké'ton wrote:
So does that mean the incident that happened the other day that we discussed on Steam would be actually dealt with?

Or are we still selective admining?

First off, I dont appreciate your insults. And if you are referring to the thing we groupchatted over, none of the site rules have any jurisdiction over that. However, I will talk to you on steam shortly on that topic.

Razgriz wrote:
You realize how hard it would be to police loopholes, right? I can get behind the rule against deliberately making people angry and such, but instead of trying to ban use of loopholes, maybe try and remove the holes instead?

(Difficult task I know, but worth exploring)

Trust me, I know. And I can agree with that, to a degree.

Janitor wrote:
I don't have an opinion on the second. But I don't think the first one should be enforced. Yes people do this, but you can't be sure if someone is really trying to annoy you, or just comes off as annoying.

I would define it the same way we used to define the Insults rule (when that even came into play), as if it happens, and it is reported, both parties will be sat down and talked to and have it sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:17 pm

There's a simple solution to rule one.

Be mature and don't get pissed off.

Just saying.

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:20 pm

Veil wrote:

Just saying.

He says when the entire website is teenagers on hormones.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:21 pm

Veil wrote:

Just saying.

Yeah, but there's also a counter to that one: when someone asks you to stop (we can even make it a requirement for them to say please if you like) then maybe you can switch topics, or stop annoying them? Yes, it can be hard to tell if what you're going to say will annoy, upset, or anger someone, and that will always be a risk we can never make a rule for. But the least we can do, I think, is make it so that if someone politely asks you to stop, then you have the courtesy to stop.

Last edited by Razgriz on 16/01/13, 09:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 09:23 pm

Let us stay calm, and hold a discussion for this rule vote.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 10:12 pm

Okay, so Rule 1 passes. Rule 2 however, I dont know. It has four votes yes and no, but the Yes vote has 1% more. I dont think this has ever happened before. For the sake of fairness, I'll wait for a tiebreaker vote on rule 2.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime16/01/13, 10:31 pm

Alright, rule one passes, rule 2 does not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New rule vote. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rule vote.   New rule vote. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rule vote.
Page 1 of 1