Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amendment to Rule #11

Go down 
3 posters

Rewrite Rule #11 To Have The Below
Yes
Amendment to Rule #11 Empty67%Amendment to Rule #11 Empty
 67% [ 4 ]
No
Amendment to Rule #11 Empty33%Amendment to Rule #11 Empty
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Amendment to Rule #11 Empty
PostSubject: Amendment to Rule #11   Amendment to Rule #11 Icon_minitime23/01/13, 01:43 am

As the rule stands, it reads as follows:

11. Purposefully making someone angry or trying to provoke an angry or otherwise hostile response from them will be treated as any other rule break and will be dealt with accordingly and according to severity.

I believe there should be an amendment to this rule instead of a removal. It can usually be hard to tell when someone is intentionally provoking an angry response out of someone, though even with that I don't deny that on the occasions it does happen there should still be something in place.

The amendment I propose would make it so that if a user finds something another user says as either offensive, or insensitive, etc. (Feel Free to Add Legitimate Reasons) then the user who found it offensive would politely ask the other user to stop, or change subjects, etc. It would be a requirement to be polite/civil when making the request, as in the past it has been shown that simply shouting at the offending user or cursing them out generally leads to further arguing.

Failure of the offending user to oblige this request will simply lead to the same treatment as any other rule breaking: warning, kick, then ban in that order if required.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Amendment to Rule #11   Amendment to Rule #11 Icon_minitime23/01/13, 01:51 am

this is the insults rule. and it failed.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Amendment to Rule #11   Amendment to Rule #11 Icon_minitime23/01/13, 01:55 am

Doesn't mean we can't try and rework it. The phrase isn't "If at first you don't succeed fuck it."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Amendment to Rule #11   Amendment to Rule #11 Icon_minitime23/01/13, 10:54 pm

So, at 4-2 in favor, I guess this means that the amendment gets passed, or do we wait a little more?
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: Amendment to Rule #11   Amendment to Rule #11 Icon_minitime23/01/13, 11:29 pm

Usually I wait until 8 votes to call it off, but I guess this isnt going anywhere else. Ill say it passes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amendment to Rule #11   Amendment to Rule #11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amendment to Rule #11
Page 1 of 1