Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5

Go down 
+7
The Meta
Razgriz
TrashClown
Draco
The White Wolf
Teria
Sunrieon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime22/02/12, 08:35 pm

(Dormii)
=i took the silence as a no, for now. So, I simply held her close and kissed her cheek. I thought about what she went through, and realized I couldn't compare. I knew what it was like to let another control your body, but to not exist, to not have a way of yelling or fighting back, that I couldn't imagine. When I let Dormii Mali control my body back on Haven, to save the others, I still had a version of control. I could take it back when needed, I could keep him on track. But to lose that ability, to truly lose your body, that must be what it feels like to die. To just...disappear. As I thought about it, I held her tighter, to try and get rid of any doubt that I'm here, that she's back, and that I won't leave her, not for good, and not for as long as this last time. I kissed her cheek again, and rubbed her back=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime23/02/12, 03:31 am

(Jason)
=We walked for a bit, through the doors and to his office=
So, what's the state of the recruits?

*Strickland*
Honestly? They're the most enthusiastic son's of bitches I've ever seen. And they're quick learners too. I've already got four squads formed, and the squad leaders are smart, and they adapt fast.

(Jason)
Interesting. Have there been any disciplinary problems?

*Strickland*
A few, but they were minor disputes attributed to stress, and we already have a psych test every few weeks, to head off the problems before they become anything truly dangerous.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime23/02/12, 04:15 pm

=Already, the planet was being transformed. Cities sprung up all over, especially around the areas beneath the Capital Ships. Xazhi had left the Comet for Shadow of the Moon to find his son. Delta was placed in charge of personally overseeing the training of all the new SS recruits. After learning of all that had happened since they had been separated, the Planet-dwelling XNNOs rushed into enlistment for the SS. They were well-received by the old SS. Sigma had set up a new outpost on the ground, from which he began production of more SS armor to fit all the newcomers. Giga and Theta were in charge of constructing the new Military bases, which were also going up rather quickly. Lastly, Alpha and Beta were leading the efforts in the Cities, be it planning, construction, or otherwise. With everything going on at once, the planet was buzzing with activity=

=When Xazhi arrived on Shadow of the Moon, he knew exactly where he was headed. He went straight to Lady Arachne's hideout to speak with her. Unfortunately, when he arrived she had very grave news for him. She had received a transmission from the AI in (younger) Xazhi's armor, just before it died out. The last bit of the transmission showed a clip from the helmet cam as it turned to see a giant disk of metal come flying at the wearer's chest, and smash it. The picture went slightly static, showing rapidly dropping vital signs, before cutting out entirely. Xazhi was beyond angry. He slammed his fist into the stone wall, going clean through it and into the next room. He left the hideout and returned to his ship to contact Delta=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime23/02/12, 09:24 pm

(Miranda)
=While Jason was off performing his duties as Admiral, the rest of us stayed on the ship, performing even more security upgrades. Silver had come by, and performed a purge of the ships systems, rooting out any viruses or A.I. that may have been hiding. From there, we upgraded our firewall security, software upgrades.......hell, even Argo got new cyber-warfare routines. Now, our ship was ready against physical, and cyber attacks. Once that was all done, we just stayed aboard the ship. It wasn't out of fear that more assassins were waiting outside. We knew we once again safe. We just had nothing planned, and decided to just sit around=
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:18 am

(Jeremy)

=My ship finally exited slipspace and I saw the familiar planet that I had been saved on, it was nice. Lets just hope nothing has change in my time gone=

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/ValorODST
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:21 am

=The fleet detected the new ship's arrival. It was unidentified, and they moved to intercept, fighter squads deployed, and a message sent=

Code:
Unidentified vessel, you are in restricted space. Identify yourself now, or we will open fire.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:28 am

(Jeremy)

=I had received the message and I was a little scared, that guy did say my ship was unmarked=

Oh shit...

=I turned on coms and responded=

This is uh, Jeremy, im not hostile, I was the survivor of the Reavers Edge. No need to attack.

=I was confused on what to say, I tried my best. I'm not a communications kind of guy=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:33 am

=The fleet hesitated, and slowed until they only a few kilometers away from the new ship. They were aware of Jeremy, the one who was rescued from the Covenant, as well as a friend and ally of the Admiral. Standing orders were to let him pass, as well as alert the admiral of his arrival. Another message was sent=

Code:
Forgive us Jeremy, we were concerned when we couldn't identify your ship. You are cleared to land at Alpha Base, and the Admiral will be notified of your arrival. For future security purposes, we must ask that you register your ships I.D. and name with our records, so we may avoid any future mishaps.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:38 am

(Jeremy)

=I received the confirmation and was relieved to hear it=

Oh thank god...

=I was happy to know I wasn't going to die, I plan on staying for a while, being raised on earth was just too much. I just don't want to attract too much attention. I messaged the fleet again=

Thank you, it won't happen again, sorry.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:42 am

Code:
Log:  Two hundred thirty-even.

It's been days now. The Flood have all but taken this planet. They came in on some sort of transport. I don't know. I wasn't there.
But someone was. All this started from one spore. One fucking spore!

Now I'm trapped in the basement of some building. I can here the flood forms prowling about. Even at night.
They never stop. They never sleep.

The UNSC haven't taken action. For whatever reason. I hear other planets have been devoured by the Flood.
Shit. Supplies are running low. I'm going to have to make another run to the surface.

I'll continue writing this later.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:46 am

=The fleet responded, and pulled back into orbit around Haven=

Code:
Just register your ship, and we'll be sure this never happens again.

=A message was also sent to Jason=

(Jason)
=So, while Strickland was showing me around the base, I received a message. Jeremy had returned, and was landing at Alpha Base. This was good to hear, as it was nice to have a friend stop by. So, despite what I had planned, I decided to end my visit=
I'm sorry Colonel, but something's come up. I have to head up to Alpha Base, but I'll do what I can to return.

*Strickland*
Understood sir.
=He snapped off a salute=

(Jason)
Good luck.
=I saluted in return, and headed back for the teleporter. After a quick jog, I made it to the terminal, and arrived at Alpha Base=
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:52 am

=I set the ship for a landing that was open, hoping it was a good landing. Then I opened the side door and waited=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 03:01 am

(Jason)
=Took me a while to get to the airfield, but I got there. It wasn't that hard to find Jeremy's ship, I just had to look for the one that was clearly not made on Haven. Once it was in sight, I started walking closer=
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 03:20 am

(Jeremy)

=I looked up to see Jason=

Hey Jason, long time no see? I have something somewhat important to talk about, its worrying me more and more I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 03:25 am

(Jason)
=As I drew closer, Jeremy noticed me=

Jeremy wrote:
Hey Jason, long time no see? I have something somewhat important to talk about, its worrying me more and more I think about it.

What's going on?
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 12:23 pm

(Jeremy)

=I hesitated, looking for the right words=

Well, as you can obviously see...
=I looked down my armor and did a hand gesture to point at the armor=

This massive Corporation called GloboTech or something like that, had researches at the forerunner artifact I talked about the first time I was here. They got a hand of quite a bit. The only thing is, it is near impossible for them to make the weapons, and they don't have the supplies to. They did, however, make this armor, they have maybe one or two sets of these, and they are giving them to agents. If ONI finds out, Spartans are getting a very expensive upgrade, one they can't afford. They hardly know how to use anything to be honest. I was forced into working for GloboTech, but they don't know where im at, I just need a scan of this suit to check for anything and give a comparison of what you have. I'm also part of their Mercenary group, and well, im looking for a job. Mainly along the lines of me doing whatever you need me to do, and you just give me a home really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 02:37 pm

=He smirks, heavily panting he applies to his blade in a hopeless effort=

I... I was wondering when you'd come back out...

=his breathing interrupted his speech=

I thought I sacred you... Heh...

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 07:09 pm

(Jason)
=I was a little disturbed when I learned that a human corporation had gained Forerunner Tech, but when Jeremy told me they hadn't found out how to replicate the weapons, my fear's subsided, slightly. The armor though, was another story. My armor alone, a Class 3.5, was more powerful than any other SPARTAN armor. And this was still just a very low level armor. I shuddered to think what it would look like, is an army was outfitted with these things. As to Jeremy's requests, I was more than happy to help him out=

Sure. Just follow me, and we'll get your suit scanned.
=I commed Silver=

Silver, I've got a guest here that needs a suit scan. Meet me in Alpha Base's medical wing.

(Silver Light)
Understood, Inheritor.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 08:23 pm

=He sneers=

I am not a child any longer, Macgraw.
You were the boogeyman at one point.
But now it is time for you to see the everlasting darkness.

=He extends the blade=

Stand upright soldier.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/02/12, 10:40 pm

(Jeremy)

=I nodded=

Thanks. I don't want them to track me, I hate it when someone is watching you without knowing it.

=I stepped out of the ship and started to follow Jason=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 03:32 am

(Jason)
=It took us a few minutes to navigate through the base, but we reached the medical wing. See, the medical wing didn't just have scanners meant for patients with physical injuries or a virus. There were scanners there, the helped analyze armor in the event of any issues that arose, especially if there were any injured brought in and the armor could not be removed in the field. So while Jeremy clearly didn't have any medical concerns related to his armor, the scanners would still allow me to scan his armor, for a detailed analysis of its systems=

Okay Jeremy, just lie down on the table, and we'll start the scan.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 05:41 am

(Jeremy)

=I nodded and I lied down on the seat=

Alright.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 08:07 am

(Jason)
=Silver arrived a minute after Jeremy lied down=
Hello Silver. I need to scan his suit, check its systems, Apparently, someone managed to replicate Forerunner Combat Skin tech, or at least managed to make something pretty damn close. I need to know what we're dealing with here.

(Silver Light)
Of course, Inheritor.
=I floated to a console, and took control, bringing the scanner online. It didn't take long for the scan to commence, and what I found, while not truly alarming, was impressive, at least compared to the standards of most pieces of Human technology. The suit, was not really based off of Combat Skin tech. From what I could tell, it used other pieces of Forerunner technology, none of it combat based in nature=

It would appear the suit is meant more for infiltration purposes, its software allowing it to hack into almost any computer system, though a link needs to be established first. Combat wise, it is very weak. Um, no offense, Jeremy.
=It felt odd, using the other human's name. Then again, I felt it would have been rude to simply call him, "Human."=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 06:49 pm

=Macgraw was slightly taken aback by this demanding attitude, he'd never encountered another personality, he always like to thing of Zayne as his own little creation=

Got more then one loony swimming around in there?

=His stance refused the order, if only he could push colossus of Spartan over then he would be in charge again=
This is my territory, he ain't gunna beat me here...
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 06:56 pm

=His voice grew louder. Barking=

Upright!
Now!
I will not fight a man who does not show any form of honour to himself or his opponent during battle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 07:01 pm

What are you huh?! What kind of messed up idiot are you...?

=He purposely resists his grip again=

No one orders me around... What's your rank?
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 07:04 pm

Does it look like I am still with the UNSC to you.
When I was I was a Colonel.

=He punches Macgraw again on the cheek=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 07:31 pm

=Macgraw tanks the punch, he couldn't help but flinch, it was easy to forget how strong Spartans could be=

put me down you little freak....
I don't need to take this from you, bring the real one out...
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/02/12, 07:35 pm

What are you talking about.

=He roundhouse kicks Macgraw=

You are fighting Dante Faulkner.
Sierra Zero One Five.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 12:27 am

(Jeremy)

No offense taken. I don't plan on taking direct fire anyway. As long as I have some protection.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 12:41 am

(Jason)
Still, this is worrying. The UNSC is a threat I know, one I can predict. But these GloboTech guys, they're an unknown quantity. I don't know what they intend to do with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 12:43 am

(Jeremy)

To be honest, the last thing we can expect is a Corporation and the UNSC going to war over this stuff, if GloboTech found an ONI spy in their HQ, things will not be pretty.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 12:46 am

(Jason)
=An idea popped into my head, but it was risky=
Well, I have an idea....but I really don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 12:48 am

(Jeremy)

I'm listening, whats up?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 12:51 am

(Jason)
Well, you see I have an arrangement with the head of ONI, Vice Admiral Parangosky. She leaves me and my friends alone-- this includes Haven by the way. In return, I don't reveal her secrets. All of them.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 12:56 am

(Jeremy)

I work, well, used to work for ONI, I know her.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 12:59 am

(Jason)
Trust me, you don't know half the things she's done.
=I stopped myself before I broke into a rant=

What I intend to do, is alter our arrangement. Build upon it.
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 01:02 am

And if GloboTech and UNSC go to war, then you can help.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/02/12, 01:04 am

(Jason)
Nope, I intend to avert war. I can't tell you exactly what I'm going to do, just trust me on this one: You may want to put some distance between yourself and GloboTech.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 09:18 pm

Oh really!?

=He laughed to himself a little=

It's always hard to tell which freak is which...

=Macgraw counters the Spartans blow with several strikes to his chest, he attempts to finish his attack with a dangerous strike to his left leg=
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 09:42 pm

=He takes the chest blows. Each one knocking some breath out of him. As Macgraw stops to deliver a final blow. He retracts the blade and opens the jackel shield to protect himself=

Your fists are marshmallows Macgraw.
You've lost your touch over the years.

-------

http://www.haloroleplay.com/viewtopic.forum?t=500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 5
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20