Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7

Go down 
+6
Felix
Teria
TrashClown
Razgriz
Colgate
Moose
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Felix
The Longterm Poster

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime19/07/12, 03:36 am

There isn't any temperature control or anything explaining how to shut it off. Or much of anything other then the stonework.
And the stonework looks like it would be human but, the actual stones are some weird metal. But it's different from the surrounding metal walls. The walls are a light blue, the forge is a pure white and the metal stack over to my left is black.
And so is the weapons over by the table... then..

So, taking a guess here, this is a forerunner blacksmith? Strange for them to make this type of thing.
Maybe this is from their early years? I'll need to check out the rest of this place before jumping to conclusions.

I walked over to the skeleton. He'll most likely have something on him to help me further.
Which he (Assuming its a him.) did. In his hands he held a book. Very old from just a glance. But further investigation proves its only 40 years old. The date on the front page holds the date in which it was made. This interests me, so I turn the page.
Finding the table of contents.

Eureka! I've found the instruction manuel to this place!

Last edited by Felix on 19/07/12, 03:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the other half of my post. :L)
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime19/07/12, 08:18 am

(Jason)
=The tram ride ended soon, dropping me off in the atrium of the Academy, and when I stepped off I couldn't say i was surprised to see that the Academy was still alive, filled with people walking around. The main floor of the Academy, the atrium, was very much like a park, with patches of grass covering the floor, and pathways of metal crisscrossing here and there. At the center of the atrium, were a set of elevators, only one in particular being my destination. It was this elevator alone, that would take me down to the Archives. Around me, there were students chatting, reading, going about their lives as if the declaration of war was a paltry thing compared to their studies=

I guess even in wartime, life goes on.

=The ride down was quick, and walking out of the elevator I found myself in a corridor that, compared to the open space of the atrium, left me feeling cramped. Down here, was true Forerunner architecture, and it showed with the occasional glyph along the wall and on every door. I already knew where to go, considering that there were not that many people down here to begin with. Eventually, I found the room, and stepping inside I met the small group of engineers who were in charge of the place. Each group was in charge of their own respective field, based upon their expertise in that field, and this group was in charge of weapons. Even though we had access to the Forerunner armory on Haven, I felt it wise for us to create our own weapons, based on Forerunner tech. It was my way of giving the people here something to do=

Okay guys, what exactly did you want to show me?

=The head of the group, one Matthew Tennyson, stepped forward=

*Matthew*
Admiral sir, we have a few new weapon designs we wanted to show you. We've been working on them for a while now, and with the war about to begin, we felt now was as good a time as any.

(Jason)
Alright, what've you got?
=For an answer, Matthew opened a hologram, displaying three things: a set of armor that looked like Combat Skin, though unlike any I ever saw. A crab like robot with what looked like a cauldron on its back, and group of rifles all arranged in rows=

Uh, what are these?

*Matthew*
Well sir, as you know, while we have access to the armories here on Haven, any war we engage in will create a strain on those resources, especially given how valuable they are, and how difficult to replace. So, we created these-- easy to mass produce, and would still be just as deadly in the field as any other piece of equipment here, though with some unavoidable drawbacks.

(Jason)
Well, let's start with the armor

*Matthew*
Very well. The armor is reverse engineered from basic Combat Skin, mainly class 2's. We redesigned certain features while doing our best not to sacrifice the strengths of the original. It's fast, agile, and strong, however it is only at half the full potential of the original. It's power supply is sufficient however, and it still has shields.

(Jason)
Interesting. What about the Sentinel design?

*Matthew*
This, is new Sentinel variant we devised, and will work as a portable mortar. We tried to maintain it's flight capabilities, but between the energy draw for the mortar, and kickback from the shots, we scrapped the flight capability and opted for a set of mechanical legs, basing the designs for those off of records on Covenant Scarabs, giving an advantage of being able to set up and fire in just about any terrain.

(Jason)
And the rifles?

*Matthew*
Reverse engineered from Forerunner weapons sir. We altered the design so that our troops would be more familiar with them. Thankfully, they still deliver the same amount of damage, though their power cells were reduced to fit into the new designs. We estimate each cell has maybe 30, or 50 shots, though the damn things have a fire rate equal to most light machine guns, so the cells will deplete themselves rapidly. However, coupled with the other two designs, and strong tactics, our forces should prove devastating.

(Jason)
Agreed. Well, congratulations men. You have approval to begin mass production, once you're fully ready. Forward the designs to the Monitor, and we can begin production.

Last edited by Razgriz on 19/07/12, 04:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime19/07/12, 08:39 am

====Marrthil and Rok====
===RSS task force stationed aboard Recon-S1===
==Crash-landed on an uninhabited Ice Planet==
=Few survivors. Scattered and out of contact=

[Translations are in brakets, dont feel like typing accents]

=Finally, Marrth was able to dig himself out of the snow he had been buried under after his pod caused the avalanche. He looked around. It was dark. Nothing but Snow, Ice, and Stars as far as the eye could see. Some mountains and hills around, but no signs of any other survivors or even locals. He looked around for Rok. Nothing. He called out=

Mar- ROK! Where are you!?

=A snow-covered Kig-Yar burst out of the snow, looking rather frustrated. He looked irksomely over at Marrth, who was only a few meters away=

Rok- [Be careful where you aim that pod next time! We could freeze to death out here!]

Mar- Yeah, well, you're the one that sent me down to begin with.

=Marrthil looked around for a moment=

Mar- Where did you land?

Rok- [Somewhere up on the slopes. My pod damn near cracked open when it hit that solid ice wall. It was like a Glacier.]

Mar- Damn... Looks like both our pods are fucked then...

Rok- [What do you suggest?]

Mar- Well, shelter, first and foremost. Then we can worry about finding some kind of contact out of here. Comms cant reach through this blizzard for shit. Or at least not Long-Range.

=Rok dug himself fully out of the snow and went over to Marrth to help him out. Once up and around, the first order of business would be shelter from the blizzard=

Rok- [My gut tells me that we'd have better luck finding a cave or something on the mountain slopes. Let's head that way.]

=Marrth nodded. They both started making their way through the storm towards the slopes where their pods first hit. Progress was slow, as the snow was deep and the winds were strong=

Last edited by Xazhi on 20/08/12, 07:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime19/07/12, 05:30 pm

No... this is a journal, telling how everything works and how to fix it. What everything is also. Though it doesn't have the author's name. This is definitely going to be useful.
All that's on him other then this is bits and pieces of destroyed clothing. Looks like he wanted someone to find his journal... Looks like I'll have to restart this place.

I sat down next to the skeleton and began reading. Surprisingly, everything is english.

Introductory
First of all, my name is Arthur and I've found this magnificent place not more then twenty years ago. However, you may have found this book much much later. If so many things may have been either destroyed or in disrepair. Which means you'll have to fix this place up. And this part of the book will tell you just that.

Power. How it works here and how to restore it.
First you will have to go to the power room, located off in a wing of the main room. Then you'll have to find the burnt out fuses, cut wires and whatever may have been damaged. Here are the schematics and how it should look like once you're done.
It'll tell you were everything should go etc etc.

Below that is a torn, weathered picture of some schematics. It can be read but not easily.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime21/07/12, 12:02 am

*Voice*
You dare take our technology, and remake it as your own? You primitive animals dare to place yourselves among us?

(Jason)
=The voice was so loud, angry, and made me turn my head. I forgot too late that the voice was in my head, and asked aloud=
Did anyone here that?

*Matthew*
Hear what?

(Jason)
=I took a deep breath, and turned back to face him=
Sorry, just thought I heard something.

*Matthew*
I suppose the threat of infiltrators has us all jumpy.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime21/07/12, 12:48 am

I sighed. And how am I going to get the parts?
I guess it'll explain once I get up there. So I stood up and begin walking down the hall.
The same amount of time as before passes as I make it to the main room. I scanned the room again. Everything is still where it is and no room. No room or hall. Nothing.
So I begin to feel around the walls, looking for a secret button or switch. Right after I began I finished, finding a moving brick and pushing it inwards. A portion of the wall slides back a little and then slides into the wall. Hidden inside is a small room containing only what's on the walls.

On these walls are more strange lines but in these ones are different colored wires, which lead to different sized spheres.
Some of which are blacker then others. And some of the wires hang out from their built in resting place. And a small box hung on the middle of the center wall.
I guess I found the power room.

Last edited by Felix on 21/07/12, 03:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime21/07/12, 01:47 am

(Jason)
Yeah, I guess it does. Alright, carry on gentlemen. I'll get out of your way.
=With that, I started walking back to the lift. All the while, the voice kept talking=

*Voice*
I will admit, I admire what you've done with the Archives. Knowledge is a valuable thing.

(Jason)
Wow, glad to finally get a word of praise from you. Who are you anyway?

*Voice*
I am the creator of Haven.

(Jason)
The creator of Haven? What the hell are you doing in my head then? How are you in my head?

*Voice*
You didn't really believe that story Silver Light told you, did you?

(Jason)
Wait, what are you talking about? That story was a lie?
=But the voice went silent, and it's presence soon vanished, leaving me with questions that made me dread the answers=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime21/07/12, 04:30 am

I open the book again and start reading where I left off.

Okay, so. You want to know how this place functions? How it gets its power. By the sunlight of course.
Why do think the forerunners built a place like this in such a oddly located planet. The amazing amount of power from these suns.
Most humans would leave it because it's too hot. I have to say they're missing out.

Getting to the point. There's solar panel like machines outside collecting the suns' power. But. They have no place to put the power.
At least I'm assuming. If wires are cut and the spheres are blackened then I guessed right. The suns' power are put into these spheres.

It still hasn't told me how so I keep reading.

Now you're probably wondering how to fix them. It's actually quite easy. You just take out the blackened ones and clean them off.
You see, black means that they're too full of power and can't be used. While white means they're at the limit. Green means they're charging. Just wiping the surface will make the sphere lose it power. The holes they're in are actually power emitters. Like chargers.
Each of these spheres can be transported to wherever. Like batteries.

Back to your situation. Just wipe the spheres off and put them back in. They'll start charging again and you can use them when they are white. But you'll have to check on them before they turn black.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 01:39 am

(Jason)
=Leaving the Academy, I decided that my next course of action was to the shipyards. Yeah, I probably should have been heading to a hospital to get my head checked, but that was something I could not afford to do. If anyone found out I was hearing voices, then my authority as Admiral would be challenged. Every decision I made would come into question, and I had no doubts that Hans' spies on Haven would use this against me. So for now, I had to take the risk of not checking this out=
And now I've reached the point of my life, where I play with dice.

=That thought did not set me at ease, especially considering what I was likely to be leading in the coming months. Or years, depending on how bad this war could get. Anyway, once the lift got me back up to the Atrium, I took a teleporter from inside the place straight to the shipyards, my security clearance allowing me direct access. The shipyards of Haven were recently divided into two sections: one side was for our commercial ships, such as transport vessels and supply ships, and the other was for our military ships. Now, other than the five trade ships we constructed for our deal with ONI, the commercial side wasn't seeing any use, though I had a feeling that would change at some point. As for the military side, it was the exact opposite. It was buzzing with activity, with a mix of human dockworkers and construction Sentinels moving (or in the case of the Sentinels, flying) all over the place. The construction Sentinels were huge, the smaller ones about the size of a UNSC Warthog, the largest among them the size of a Pelican dropship. Some of them were carrying materials in a combination of grappling claws and their own anti-gravity systems, while others simply welded plates together. As for the humans, few of them actually worked on the ships, save for the installing and testing of electrical components and shipboard computers. Mostly they just oversaw the construction=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 06:48 am

Can't say it's the most original idea of their's, but it's definitly useful. Perfectly placed on this f... planet. This planet.
I wonder if they've thought about the spheres leaving the planet. If it takes only the sun to recharge 'em then they can be recharged any planet with a sun. Maybe I can rebuild another station..? No, this is far more complicated then it needs to be.
Besides, I'm no technician. I couldn't rebuild this. And it probably wouldn't work either. This place has three suns.
No way could a single sun recharge them in a decent rate. I guess these are staying here. Not that I want move them anyway.

After that minute of thought, I opened the book again and start reading. This book probably a life saver.

Hey. Remember the the schematics I showed you earlier? Well they're coming of use. See the box in the middle of the room on the wall? That's where they will be used. You'll have to fix this if you plan on using the spheres. Which you will.

Necessary things such as food and, what you're most likely begging for, water.

I practically jump for joy when I read the title. I continue reading, looking for the life saving liquid information.
I'm just going to start off with water because... well. You probably need it right about now. It's quite simple really. How you'll get water. Even if you can't see it, there is water vapor in the air. Topside mostly but some will find it's way down here.
Getting to the point. There is deployable net type things which will catch this. I've deactivated it to prevent damage to it.
You'll have to redeploy these to get water. Which will be stored into a water container of sorts. This can be accessed at anytime, in the main room. A nozzle which is hidden in the north wall. Just push on the tile on the middle of the wall.

WARNING! You need to clean the water tank every month. It's going to be disgusting the first time because I'm not here to do it.
The cleaning supplies should be in a cabinet somewhere. And the access hatch will be in the matience room. Which should also be closed. It'll be off to the right of the entrance.
Also. The nets will need fixin' every once in a while. The tools will also be in the matience room.

Okay. Moving on to food...

I closed the book and turned around. I went over to the right of the entrance and searched around for a button. I clicked it when I found it and immediantly the wall backs up and goes into the neighboring wall. Dust, cobwebs and loads of odd tools littered the room. So I spend an hour looking through it all for the service hatch. When I find it I pop it open, revealing a disgusting mess of black, brown and somewhat green water inside the tank. Some unknown (to me) molds cover the walls. This is going to be a pain in the arse to clean, as he had written.
So I went bakc to the main room and set the book on the steel table. I grabbed the cleaning chemicals from where he told me.
I spend the rest of my day cleaning the tank. And went ahead and cleaned the main room, maintenance room and the Everlight Forge.

But I don't sleep tonight. Well. I don't sleep at the normal time I would. It's still day. Besides, I can't sleep in my armour and the tempature is outrageous still. So I consult the book again.

... just to put it nice a simple. There's a underground garden you're gonna have to grow for food. There's some seeds in a cabinet.
Use those, grow 'em, eat 'em. Make sure to remove the seeds inside the vegetable or you'll ran out of food. That concludes this chapter.
Besides the restroom. Its down here off in a seperate room. Down here, as in Everlight Forge. Now this chapter is concluded.
Oh. Whoops. Forgot 'bout the temperature control. It's probably outta control. Making rooms frigid cold and scorching hot.
Its a small box in the maintenance room. Can't miss it... I'm writting in pen so please forgive any mistakes.

I found myself back at the maintenance room and also found a small grey box on the wall. Three screens are on it. Each telling the temperature of each room. They're each set at odd numbers. I don't care why they are at this. I change them all to 70°F

Last edited by Felix on 24/07/12, 07:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 07:47 am

(Jason)
=Making my way to the control center for the military shipyards, I met up with the overseer of construction. The guy handed me a spare data pad, to look over the progress of construction since he was to busy directing everything else to really talk with me. So far, construction was progressing well: we currently had four more destroyers in the works, with estimated time for completion being another day or two. We also had six more frigates being built, four light frigates and two heavy frigates. All of those ships, were the ones meant to be crewed. The rest though, were all automated ships, the equivalent of Sentinels. These ranged from frigates to corvettes, and two of them were in fact carriers, though they were only the size of a UNSC Charon Class Frigate. While they had armor, most of their space was meant to carry Sentinels, which would serve as defensive fighters for our fleet. Those ships, were under the sole constructive oversight of Silver Light. No humans were taking part in their construction. All in all, things looked good here, so I decided that now was as good a time as any to head back to my ship and grab some food=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 05:59 pm

It makes no sense.. how the temperature could get so outta control... My to-do list: Rebuild electrical box. Figure out if I can make weapons. In the Everlight Forge. And why it's called the Everlight Forge. Besides the fact that it doesn't burn out. Wait. Duh.
It also uses the suns' power. But... the box is out. How is it working now?

I pick the book from the table and start reading, looking for answers.

The Everlight Forge
Okay. So you're probably wondering what you'll do all day other then surviving. Since you can't go topside for long you'll be stuck down here.
There's not much space here either. So if you're a outdoorsy type of person, you aren't going to like this place much.
But its the harsh weather that'll keep you here. There is hope though, that you won't rot here. You can build and train with weapons.
It'll keep you fit, healthy and best of all, active. Its not exactly running or lifting weights. But it'll keep you in good shape.

Okay. So if the blacksmith idea isn't sinking in well, just think about. You can build on your own weapons and train with them.
You're definitely going to need to. Whenever it turns night. Creatures come out and they will come for you. You have to be ready.
I can't explain what they are or what they can do. You have to figure that when it happens. Hopefully this makes you want to create.

This is what you will be training for. And if you think help will arrive before then, dismiss it. No one will ever come. So don't think you'll escape before the Night approaches. These monsters why hunt you down. Don't try to run. You'll only die quicker. The Night will occur once every few years. Whatever amount of time you have left should be focusing on training.

There's already weapons on display that you can base your weapons off of. Don't touch them though, they're old and will crumble to dust.
You can make your unique weapons too. You don't need to build all your weapons on those...

"I'm guessing you don't know which time the Night comes. You didn't say. I guess I should start..."
And so I went to the forge and start well... building a weapon. I followed the book's instructions on how to properly build.
The whole thing. The first I create is a sword, most basic weapon to make. From the strange black metal on the floor. I fail a couple times.
But I get eventually..
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 08:31 pm

(Fatet)

=I sighed. My stomach hurt from my operation, but there wasn't much of a scar. The doctors said I should've died a while ago, but apparently I'm a very luck S.O.B.

I look at the quarantine room, it's silvery, like most of the place. I watch some figments of my damaged mind fire assault rifles at me, I don't flinch, they're not real.=

Nurse: The Patient should be clear, should we inform the Admiral...?

Doctor: Send the message right away. He probably needs good news right about now.

=The nurse nods and walks away, while the doctor makes some final notes on my 'condition'.=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 08:42 pm

(Jason)
=I was about to step onto the teleporter pad, when a a message came up on my suit, from the hospital back in Osea. Apparently, Fatet was still alive and out of surgery=
Damn Fatet, you're still alive?

=Okay, I gotta admit that was a harsh thing to think, but I hadn't heard a peep out of the guy since he had been on quarantine. Nobody calls anymore. Anyway, the message brought me up to speed on a few things: Fatet had undergone a procedure that was supposed to flush the Flood spores out of his system, though that's easier said than done. Hell, if the Forerunners in all their glory couldn't find a cure, I doubted that humans, even with Forerunner science, would fare any better. The doctor though felt that the procedure was a success, and that Fatet was cleared to be released, but I had suspicions. For starters, the guy had been infected with flood spores. Hell, he was placed in quarantine because of it. He had been seeing things, and despite the surgery, I was still inclined to be wary of him. But with a war going on, I was bound to be in need of some experienced help. Dammit, I'd have to approve his release, but there were going to be restrictions, whether he liked it or not=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 10:50 pm

(Fatet)

Doctor: Any reply from the Admiral?

Nurse: None yet.

Admiral? There's a lot I need explained to me if I get out of here. Hurry up and decide 'admiral'.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 10:56 pm

(Jason)
=Well, it was decided. I sent a squad of troopers to pick him up from the hospital, and inform him of the situation: he was to be released into the custody of Haven's military, and by extension, my own. He would not get any of his equipment back, and would be under constant watch, both by armed escorts, and Silver Light, who had agreed to devote a portion of himself to monitoring Fatet. Fatet would for the time being act as a consultant, nothing more, until it was proven without a doubt that he was completely clean of the Flood spores, and could be trusted. None of this was negotiable. Once the order for the troops was given, I gave the order for his release=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:05 pm

(Fatet)

=After the trooper explained the situation to me, I felt like stabbing him. The terms were understandable, I just didn't like them.=

"Fine. I guess you need to take me somewhere?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:08 pm

*Soldier*
Yes. The admiral will need to debrief you over at Alpha Base. Just follow us, and our orders. Please.
=The squad began moving, back towards the teleporter outside the hospital, making sure to keep Fatet in the center of the group=

(Jason)
Goddammit, and I was hoping to eat.
=Still, if anyone was going to debrief him over what's been going on since his quarantine, it might as well be me. I stepped on the teleporter pad, and instead of my ship, I headed for Alpha Base=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:13 pm

(Fatet)

=I sigh.=

"If I wanted to run, I'd have tried. Besides, Unarmoured, unarmed, I don't think I'd get very far."

=When we arrive at a teleported, I sigh and step in after the first couple of guards.=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:18 pm

*Soldier*
Yeah well, considering the risk you pose, we're not taking any chances. I saw what those spores could do, what they turn people into, and while the doc's may have given you a clean bill of health, I can sure as shit tell you that no soldier here will do the same. You want our trust, earn it.
=The group was then sent to Alpha Base, golden light enveloping them=

(Jason)
=I arrived first, mostly because I was already standing on the teleporter pad when they had called me. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait too long for Fatet and his escorts to arrive=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:23 pm

(Fatet)

"I think I should've earned your trust when I almost died defending this place from the flood. So check your mouth before I check it for you."

=I look up at Jason.=

"Surprised I'm still alive?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:26 pm

(Jason)
=It wasn't exactly difficult to hear the threat Fatet had made against my soldiers. With a sigh, I gave him a steady look, which was saying something considering my helmet was still on=
Threats aren't going to earn you trust Fatet. You may have earned trust when you fought against the Flood here, but that was then, before you were infected. Welcome to today, when you just got cleaned of the stuff, and everyone's back to square one with you. And honestly, I thought you were in a coma, you never made any attempts at communication.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:30 pm

(Fatet)

"Back to square one would be me running around in full gear shooting people. And I didn't see a need for communication, as last time we spoke I made you promise to shoot me if things got worse. As for threats? I could've said I'd hang him by his balls from a pelican's missile pod."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:43 pm

(Jason)
=I frowned beneath my visor=
Honestly, do you want me to lock you up? Because if you keep up that attitude, you can be damn sure I will. I'm not asking you to bend down and kiss my feet here, but for fucks sake show some damn courtesy, because we're all under a lot of stress here, and you making statements like that is likely to get you shot.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:47 pm

"And you expect me to know exactly what's going on while I'm sat in quarantine?"

=I glare into the visor.=

"Go on, tell me exactly what's happening."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:52 pm

(Jason)
We're at war, Fatet! A splinter group attacked the Council, and the UNSC. They're our problem, and my responsibility as Admiral of Haven's military is to deal with that problem, especially since I'm the one that brought every human living on this planet here.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime24/07/12, 11:57 pm

=I sigh.=

"I'm just surprised this didn't happen sooner. I'd recommend crushing them. Obliterate them. Any that surrender should be kept as prisoners. Execute the leaders, wipe out the soldiers."

=I pause.=

"How strong is your army as of this moment?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 12:02 am

When I do get it. I've crafted a crude blade. But I'm already showing improvement. Which is good, considering I just started.
I try again and again, eventually making a decent blade. After it sat in the water for a bit, I sharpen it using a grindstone.
This is what it must be like, working thousands of years ago.
After a minute or two, its finished. And I immediately start practicing with it. For all I know the Night will come in at any time. I have to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 12:03 am

(Jason)
Thank you for your recommendations, they've been noted. We already have a plan, and right now our forces are growing, but at the moment they're strong enough.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 12:06 am

=I nod.=

"Do you have any kind of Special Forces, such as the UNSC's very own ODST? We aren't just damned good at killing, it's a very nice sight for your men when they see the best of the best fighting next to them."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 12:09 am

(Jason)
Actually yes, we do. Right now, we've only got a platoon's worth of volunteers, but at the moment they'll suffice. They're going to be outfitted with our best armor, our best weapons, and they'll receive the best training we can offer.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 12:24 am

"Hmm. How brutal do you intend the training to be?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 01:38 am

(Jason)
Brutal enough that I can get a fighting force as deadly as the Spartans. And my standard troops alone are already deadly enough with the gear they're being equipped with.
=It turned around to walk back towards Alpha Base, and my troops followed=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 03:28 am

Aw jeez. CQC was never my thing. This is definitely going to take getting use to. Swinging this sword though is like swinging a stick.
Little to no weight. Making me experiment a little.
I try simple slashes, vertical and horizonal. Then using different hands. Then switching inbetween cuts. Then flipping it from my left around my back to cut behind me and catching it with my right. Overall learning new stuff to prepare me.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 01:39 pm

"Deadly with their gear? If you want these SpecOps to be worthwhile, they need to be more than that without gear. I'd suggest training without letting them touch their armour and weapons, otherwise they're going to train the same as your basic soldiers, which defeats the point of Special Operations."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 05:22 pm

(Jason)
Hmm, I never did say a thing about these guys being trained with their gear, did I? I said that my standard troops alone were going to be deadly. As for these new guys, you can rest assured they're going to be well trained.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime25/07/12, 11:04 pm

(Fatet)

=I nod.=

"And how are they going to be trained?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime26/07/12, 06:54 am

(Jason)
For now, here on Haven. We've got dozens of different biospheres for them to train in, just to get them warmed up. From there, we've got a few special training centers for more extreme environments. The only problem though is that we're rushing them off to war. Most special forces have a few years of training under their belts, add to that plenty of field experience. These guys have some field experience, but they're green. I'll just have to hope that our training methods work, and that they learn on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime26/07/12, 11:23 am

(Fatet)

"They learn fast or they die fast. They'll learn soon enough. Just make sure the one training them is a ruthless bastard, they don't need to be mothered."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime26/07/12, 07:55 pm

(Jason)
Yeah well, believe it or not, we have our fair share of ruthless bastards, though they know their limits. Turns out not every one of the people I brought here were civilians. Some of them were UNSC, and they've been a great help in getting these guys in shape. For example, your guard back there, Conner, the one you had a small pissing match with? He's a former UNSC marine.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime26/07/12, 08:13 pm

I finish my 'training' and try to put the sword where I put my guns. But stopped when I realize that I have a gun in there.
"Wait... duh.. I have a gun."
I sit down and lessen my grip on the sword, letting it fall to my left. With a sigh I put my head in hand.
My own stupidity has even surprised me and maybe a few others.
"You've been smithing and training with a sword and you have a gun!"
Elane's voice rings through my helmet.

Elane - To be fair, you're trained to follow orders without question. And you just saw this man's book as orders.
"Like a trained dog..."
No, like a trained soldier. You're good at what you do.
"Get to the point."
I'm trying to get you to see the silver lining.
"Which is?"
You're away from the U.N.S.C for good. They think you're dead. And you now have a exotic sword for close range. You were never good with that. And when the Night comes, you'll be even that much more prepared.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime27/07/12, 11:29 pm

(Fatet)

=I half laugh=

"They know their limits? There isn't a limit on how hard you train your Special Forces, save killing them. And believe me, UNSC comes damned close to that."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime28/07/12, 05:16 am

(Jason)
Yes well, you'll forgive me if I don't follow your advice. In fact, I see no real reason to justify to you how I train my soldiers. The methods we're using are the best we've got, considering the fact that this is all on short notice, and we just got dragged into a war yesterday. We will stumble, but we will get better.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/07/12, 12:31 pm

(Fatet)

"I wasn't asking for justification, just offering advice from one of the most well trained units in any military. So, is there a reason I'm stood here or did you want me for something?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/07/12, 06:39 pm

(Jason)
To be honest, I authorized your release because the doctor's were confident you were clean, and because it was my way of repaying you for helping us out during the Flood infestation. Though I was also going to ask if you'd be interested training some of my men, I was going to hold off on that request for maybe another year, until we were certain the doctor's were successful.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/07/12, 11:16 pm

"But in a year, you might not need them, For better or worse. But, you're sure you want to entrust lives to me?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/07/12, 11:34 pm

(Jason)
Don't count us out of this war so soon. It hasn't even truly begun yet, and we have far more resources then our opposition. As for entrusting lives to you, that's not what I had planned. If, you can prove to me that the procedure worked and you really are cured of something not even the Forerunners at the height of their power could cure, then you would be training my troops, but leading them into battle? You would have to have very good reason to lead them in a war, for a home that is not your own.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/07/12, 11:58 pm

"That's not what I meant, if you let me train your men, you're trusting me not to fuck it up and get them killed."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:00 am

(Jason)
No, I'm trusting you to train them and give them the skills they need. I trust them not to get themselves killed.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:04 am

"That could work, if you want me to, I'll try my best."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next