Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7

Go down 
+6
Felix
Teria
TrashClown
Razgriz
Colgate
Moose
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:07 am

(Jason)
It's not a matter of what I want here, Fatet. These men will follow my orders because I'm their commanding officer, and this is their home. They will do whatever it takes to defend their home. But you? You're not part of Haven's military, you're not under my command, so technically I can't order you to train these men even if it's what I want.

Last edited by Razgriz on 30/07/12, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:11 am

"You wouldn't have to order me, unless you planned to put me into Haven's military, in which case, I'd accept, as much as I love it, I can't return to the UNSC due to my... Condition."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:15 am

(Jason)
Just so you know, if you accept, there's not a lot I can do about where you'll be placed. For all intents and purposes, you'd more than likely be enlisted as a recruit. That means going through basic, taking orders from drill sergeants, the works. I might be able to pull a few strings so that you'd be training them, but the men won't respect you that much. They might think I'm showing favoritism by bumping you up the ranks. So if you want that respect, you'll have to earn it from them.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:21 am

"Fine, I'll drag myself through basic again, I'd rather not have to be that one drill sergeant who knocked a recruits teeth out. He's always hated."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:42 am

(Jason)
Drill sergeants are always hated Fatet. I'm sure you hated yours when you were in training. And I'm not asking you to knock out their teeth, though I won't deny that at some point that may be necessary. What I need are experienced hands, forging skilled soldiers. If you're up to it, I can let you work as a consultant, among the other trainers. Give them advice, tell them where they need refinement. Hell, we can even pay you. Believe it or not, we managed to form a stable economy here, and our coffers are filling up with the number of business' we have, so you'd be well compensated.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:46 am

"Sure, why not? I'll do what I can to keep your men from being coddled... And from dying, of course."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 12:58 am

(Jason)
Heh, who said I was coddling my own men? I gave my DI's strict instructions to make life a living hell for these men.
=At some point during our conversation, we had both started walking until we wound up in the command center for Alpha Base=

Look, I have a lot of other things to do, so if you don't mind, I'd like to get to them. I'll pass along the form for your consultant work to you for signing, and then you'll simply need to send it back to me for final approval so that it's official. As for housing, I'm sure we can find you space here at the base. Other than that, we should be set.

=I extended my hand to shake=
We good?
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 01:26 am

=I shake his hand=

"Of course, Admiral."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime30/07/12, 02:12 am

--Unknown Region Of Space--

=Ships weaved through the wreckage of gargantuan ships, hundreds of thousands of years old. The site of an ancient battle, one of the last between the Forerunners and the Flood. A small shuttle docked within the hangar bay of a massive ship, 100 kilometers in length. The doors of the tiny shuttle opened, and a team of humans stepped outside, secure within their suits. The leader of the group began to walk, and led them through the ship. Soon, they had reached the bridge, and the leader walked toward a sole beacon of light that shown within the dim chamber, glowing a deep blue: the activation control for the ship. He pressed the button, and immediately, all the systems on the ship came alive. The heart of the ship, a reactor long since cold and dormant, fired up in a blaze of energy, waking the ship up from it's ancient slumber. All over the ship power was restored, the engines burst into life, and hundreds of other systems came online. Debris that had long since settled around the ship was suddenly pushed back by the activation of the ships powerful shield=

(Hans)
=I stepped away from the console, marveling at what I had awoken. The moment was over soon, and I began to give orders to my men=
Have the others search this graveyard, and see if they can find any other ships we can salvage. This war has now truly begun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 7
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5