Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP Second Story Chapter 1

Go down 
+14
Tenébrís
Moose
Janitor
Paarthurnax
Colgate
Felix
Justin
Dewsaur
N
Xion's Memory
TrashClown
The Meta
Teria
The White Wolf
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Dreadnaught Wrex
Not cool enough for a real rank
Dreadnaught Wrex

HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 12:33 am

I watch as I miss the heritics and they make it inside their base. I then see a heritic fire a rocket at me. As the rocket flies at me I swing my gravity hammer causing the rocket to blow up mid air because of the concussion blast from my power relic.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 12:35 am

=I watch as the the rocket misses=

Well...shit

=I then head back into the base to stock up on ammo and hopefully get reinforcements=
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 12:37 am

I may be enraged but I am too expierenced to know that me and my pack cant take on a heritic base alone.

"Tarkus to phantom, come pick me up. We are going to need reinforcements."

I then make my way to the roof of the building where the sangheili was last at.
Back to top Go down
Malantai

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 12:42 am

I dash out into the street, picking up the FRG that only sustained superficial damage from the .50 Caliber round.

"Rorthan to Tarkus, I am prepared to engage the blasphemers. What are your orders, great chief."

I aim again, watching for the sniper from the corner from the building that I moved to.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 12:46 am

"Rorthan, that is a heritic base. We would be fools to attack it with such little numbers. We need to get back to our outpost and get some reinforcements. Once then we can rip apart those heritics with easy."

I told Rorthan as I ascended up the stairs to the rooftop.
Back to top Go down
Malantai

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 12:49 am

I nod, jogging back to the building, jump pack allowing me quicker acess.

"Great chieftain, I have just enough pull with the Sangheilli quartermaster to requisition a Wraith. Shall I go and retrieve the blessed vehicle?" I scan again with the Fuel Rod.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 12:54 am

"I see no problem with it once we get back to our outpost. We will need it if we are going to lay seige to the heritics."

I arrived at the top of the rooftop waiting for the phantom to get to the landing zone.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 01:01 am

I was still scanning for the sniper when Tarkus arrived.

"Kijuhia ni’ There's a sniper out there."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 01:04 am

"I will not hide from these insects. They are worthless."

I watched as the phantom started getting into place for the grav lift to drop.
Back to top Go down
Malantai

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 02:30 am

I watches the phantom pull in, flipping my Grav-Tomahawk while I hold the massive assault weapon in my other hand over my shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 04:43 am

I turn the two Brutes.

"I'll stick with the plan and hang back and keep an eye on the worms, as soon as they stick their heads out I'll alert you."

I turn on my Active cameo and made my into the street in search of a large tower to make my sniper nest.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 04:48 pm

My Ghost came to a halt, thanks to the deceleration. I had stopped, roughly three hundred meters from the base. I could already see hell developing, even in the early stages. The Ghosts beside I had also stopped, sensing something was wrong within my actions.

Covenant warriors poured from buildings; lances of Unggoy, Jiralhanae and Jackals. There was one thing amiss, the rest of the forces. There was not any Sangheili or Mgalekgolo with them, perhaps they had sense. I looked to the Sangheili Minor in the Ghost to the right of mine.

"Sangheili Minor?"

The Sangheili stooped his head down.

"Yes, almighty one?"

"Inform all of the Phantoms to retreat to a safe distance, the secondary outpost should do. If they refuse, tell them that it IS an order."

"By your word, sire, it shall be done."

The Sangheili accelerated in his Ghost and jolted behind a building, safe from gunfire. The Sangheili Minor would now proceed with the task. I looked to the Unggoy Special Operations to my right also, and called his name to which he looked.

"You will take the remaining Ghosts back and aid with the removal of all technology from the Encampment."

The Unggoy Special Operations nodded and turned his Ghost around, with the other two Ghosts following him. I stayed put, knowing the consequences of failure.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 08:57 pm

I equip my DMR and head out back towards the frontlines. I'm probably not needed but hey I don't have anything else to do.
Wait. Yes I do.
I put my DMR back on... well... my back and go into the tent again. From there I try to help with Dusk squad's treatment.

Soon enough though, I find out there's no room or need for a Spartan with limited medical knowledge in that tent.
So I do end up heading to the frontlines.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 11:26 pm

I made my way through the streets as the fighting started to die down. The covenant forces where pulling back from the UNSC base. Except for me... Cloaked I made my way away from the sounds of battle and looked for the tallest building near to the base. Finally I spotted a large luxury hotel a few blocks outside of the base and tall enough to see into most of the enemy base. I jumped into a working elevator and made my way to the top.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime13/11/12, 11:33 pm

I looked up, seeing the Phantoms that were dropping off warriors now re-gathering their forces and retreating. Three Phantoms had already gone, the others started to pull away. The Jiralhanae forces hid behind mounts of rubble, turned cars and downed signs whilst the remaining Covenant force retreated. The Sangheili Minor returned a short while afterwards, was thanked and later dismissed. I saw Unggoy, carrying the bodies of fallen brothers, collectively as a unit. It saddened me to see this, even though I knew this was not the last time an acquittance would be made with these "specific" humans; I would have my revenge. I anchored the right control down and pressed the left control forward which turned the Ghost, later pressing the controls and pedals which sent the Ghost accelerating back up the road.

It was dishonourable, this retreat. But...we would have our revenge, I guaranteed my warriors this.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime14/11/12, 01:41 am

I help out with any assistance the civilians or doctors need, keeping my radio on the same channel as the Warthog I was in for when the FNG calls in again.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime14/11/12, 01:51 am

Ellie's shoulder was reset, and her leg was set and bandaged. Otherwise, she was sleeping peacefully.t
The doctor sighed, going over her condition. It was an Act of God that got that Helljumper through that without worse injuries.
He sighed, checking her pulse.
"It's steady...but she's out of action for awhile..."
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime14/11/12, 02:23 am

I was angry more than anything that I had to fall back. So worthless heritics had killed two of my brothers. Now me and the rest of my pack were loading up onto a phantom to get out of the fronlines. We would be back, and with more than a vengence.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime14/11/12, 04:02 pm

A Phantom drew near and landed in front of the Ghost that I was in. I instantly decelerated and watched as there was but a meter or two between the Phantom's door and I. A Sangheili stepped out onto the platform, a familiar voice.

"Brother S bi, how nice to see you again it is."

"Likewise, Officer."

"Where is the Commander and his lance?"

"Veer, the Commander has assigned his lance to you. He has returned to the Fleet."

I nodded in thanks.

"Officer, load your Ghost in the undercarriage and we shall transport you to the secondary command outpost."

"Excellent!"

I accelerated slightly, before anchoring the left control down and yanking the right one forward which turned the Ghost into position. The gravity lift pulled me out of my Ghost and up into the Phantom. When I landed, I saw the doors closing and the felt the Phantom shift to the right as it began to ascend into the sky. I had walked over to the first set of doors, where I looked back towards the human base in disgust.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime14/11/12, 10:57 pm

I walked out of the elevator onto the roof of the large hotel. The 'roof' was a large swimming pool, a bar, and a garden for visitors to admire. I walk around the pool and head over to the edge of the roof, where I had a clear view of the UNSC base. I pulled out a beam Rife, that I had swapped with my needle rife off a dead warrior, and began sweeping the entire base. The base was fortified with enough troops and equipment to hold off any attack until main force arrived.

I sighed, Now we wait...

I get into a comfortable position and watch.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime14/11/12, 11:21 pm

The Phantom lifted away at great speed. I though I would relay a transmission to all Covenant forces within the area, ensuring all of them got out safely. I relaxed and entered the cockpit, whilst the others from my lance surrounded the main deck of the Phantom, mixing and discussing various topics, mainly political.

"This is Veer 'Kai Zamamee calling to Covenant forces within the A4-RE Quadrant. This is a repeating transmission. The tactical retreat was ordered at [TIME-REDACTED] and we have moved to [NAME-REDACTED]. Any forces who are still awaiting extraction are to contact 118-567. This transmission repeats."

I entered the transmission and walked back into the main deck.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 12:03 am

I listened to the transmission twice then responded.

"This is Lone Special Operation Agent Enir 'Nusosee, I will hold my current position outside the UNSC holdout. I am providing sniper and recon support to any Covenant forces."

They wouldn't be happy with my plans, but my commanders had let me off the leash and gave me orders to break the human defenses and avenge our brothers lost.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 12:22 am

I heard a response to the transmission that was sent seconds ago. I did not expect a response so fast. It was a female; unusual, seeing as they weren't usually deployed. I rested against the panel, entering a code in to release the maintenance bay's door.

"Torix, the maintenance bay has tools essential for the repair of any vehicles we have salvaged. Grab them, and prepare them for utilisation."

The Sangheili nodded, responding to the order almost immediately. I placed my hand near my throat, enabling the communications device.

"Enir, what you are doing is foolish. The weather patterns are becoming more severe, you will be consumed by the storm. We cannot bring the Phantom back through this storm, we have already been battered by it as we stand. Take cover and sheath yourself from it, warrior."

I did not know what else I could say. There was not much I could say. We would not leave any warrior, even if I have to traipse through that hell myself.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 02:54 am

I look up and noticed the clouds were turning darker and even more rain was starting to pour down at increased speeds.

"If the Humans can make it so can I, may this storm consume them all."

A bolt of lighting flashed in the distance. Below in the camp, the humans notice the storm too and begin scurrying about.

I begin to receive another transmission, only to have it drowned out by static. I can make out a few words, but soon give up and turn off my radio.

This is going to be fun...
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 03:34 am

This weather would play hell on the comm system. Hopefully Collins could hold out long enough.
We can hope that the storm clears in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 05:25 pm

I could no longer hear anything through the communications, all but static remained. S bi got some wires out and plugged them into the Phantom's mainframe. He was our Communications Expert and knew what he was doing when it came to things like this; however, this storm had gotten considerably worse and I am sure everything which needed a clear signal would be halted.

"S bi, attempt to salvage the connection between Enir and I."

"Already on it, Officer."

I nodded and waited.

"Enir, are you getting this transmission?"
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 12:26 am

Me and the rest of my pack got into the phantom and started heading back to the base. Obviously there was a bad storm coming in and we needed shelter.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 12:34 am

I head to the medical tent.

How's things in here. Anything needed?
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 04:07 am

The doctor looked up.
"A miracle machine would be nice. This crazy Helljumper took a beam through the chest, then decided to lead a Warthog charge, then leapt onto a moving Phantom...then rode a dead body down snd survived the impact. Then shot an Elite. So, got a cure for stupidity?"

The doc obviously was not amused, and was ranting a bit. He moved onto another patient. "Go give people water. If Dusk One... ay Kay ay Idiot Incarnate...wakes up, do me a favor and tie her down. And stop bringing me missing limbs. Start bringing me papercuts."

Yep.
Doc was not amused.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 04:10 am

I grin under my helmet. It was good to see a doc with a sense of humour. I head on over to the ODST who he was talking about. She looked rough. I wonder where the rest of her squad is
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 05:26 pm

I make it to the frontlines quickly enough to see the retreating Covenant. I take a Snipe rifle from a Marine and give him my DMR.
He rejects it and says he wants it back. But one look from me shuts him up. I look down the Night Optics scope and began sniping anything that's Covenant.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 06:38 pm

I could see that my warriors were tired and cold which was never a good sign. Once coldness sets, the ability to perform standard functions becomes...difficult. As is imaginable, with nine foot warriors, that can be quite tricky at times.

I was not going to fault my warriors for trying and failing the actions requested. What could they do in the middle of a storm? The Phantom vibrated rapidly, from side to side, up and down. The turbulence had got considerably worse overtime which made me glad that we were this far in. I waited, in silence, as did the rest of the Phantom. The only sound that could be heard was the crackling of the communications uplink that was either fried, or unusable at this time. Either way, none of this was good for this operation. The Armada would most likely presume we were dead...

"Officer."

Torix stood before me, with a small Forerunner-themed chest.

"Are these the tools I requested?"

"The very same, sire."

"Excellent, excellent. S bi, what of the communications?"

"Sire, the communications are unsalvageable. This storm has damaged the internal server aboard our Phantom, and the storm is blocking all communication with the Armada."

I shook my head in disappointment, the young Sangheili worried.

"No matter, you did all you could. This is not your fault, nor your problem any longer. As you were."

"Bless thee, sire."

I returned to my original position, looking out of the left opening bay.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 10:13 pm

My attention was drawn to the streets below as gun shots went off. A handful of humans were shooting a squad of covenant forces in retreat. I growl when I see that the one leading them is a demon.

I may only get one chance..

I fire two shots in quick secession killing two marines. I turn my attention to the demon and two others soldiers as my rifle cools down.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 11:01 pm

The I had taken the sniper from falls onto me, dead. Along with his spotter. Also dead.
"Sniper! Get your heads down!"
Everybody proceed to do so. Including me.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 11:14 pm

One of the soldiers peeks out from behind a destroyed warthog, and I fire at him. The plasma hits his shoulder sending him screaming to the ground, he lays there in pain while smoke and steam curls off the deadly wound.

Come on out demon, Ni’ oss ni’ hoah riok.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 11:33 pm

I follow where the beam came from with my eyes quickly. I peek out from behind cover so I can track it further.
Right before the plasma residue disappears I'm able to pinpoint a general location. But I need him to fire again before I can do anything.
What better then live bait?

I stand up and begin running towards... somewhere. I just know I'm not running towards the sniper.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 11:43 pm

The demon begins to run away from his cover, with his back directly to me exposed.

Coward!

I fire a shot at head and miss, the quickly hit him in the back causing him to stagger a little. I go for a third shot only to burn my hand on the steaming barrel.

"Shushua sha’qu!" I mutter in frustration.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 11:53 pm

"...(the sounds of things smashing, shaking, and doors flapping)...Officer, you might want to come and see this..."

The turbulence had gotten considerably worse. I could hear someone distantly speaking, the Pilot I believed it to be. I walked into the cockpit whilst holding on to the ceiling for extra stability.

"What is going on?"

"...(more things shaking, instruments making sounds)...Officer, it appears we are entering the centre of the storm."

"What?..I thought we...we were heading away from that storm!"

"...(strong winds could be felt through the cockpit)...The storm has moved rapidly within the past hour."

I looked at the altimeter, before looking back towards the main deck, seeing my warriors holding on to parts of the Phantom and wind rushing past their faces.

"Repent, repent immediately!"

We had not gotten a great distance away; a few hundred meters if that. This storm meant we had to slow down.

Last edited by Paarthurnax on 19/11/12, 05:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 12:04 am

Shit!
I duck back behind one of the many buildings here. I try to ignore the pain and do the same as before.
Peeking out and following the beam up to a paticular building with the aid of my sniper rifle. Then pulling my back.
I reach behind me and feel the area where I was shot. Didn't pierce the armor thankfully. But I can feel the heat through my armor.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 12:34 am

The Spartan dives into cover before I can shot again, causing me to growl in frustration.

I can wait all day.

I sit there waiting for him to peek again.

*BOOM*

Lighting strikes a lighting rod directly beside me causing me to miss fire and my shields to drop. I blink the lights out of my eyes and shake my head try to clear my head and get my ears to stop ringing.

Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 12:46 am

"We cannot! The storm is drawing us in!"

"Blasphemy!"

I quickly turn around and run into the main deck. One of the first things I noticed was the rattling of the doors. The folding doors which were commonly used for deploying warriors were shaking, almost swinging open back and forth. I had been in situations like these before. I knew what to expect; however, my warriors did not.

_ _ _
Phantom Pilot; Hos Xytranee

My controls were vibrating rapidly. I have been in storms, but nothing this bad. I look over to my co-pilot, who was sat holding the controls like myself. Our Communications Officer, the third pilot in our Phantom was reading crazy reports. Something of a continual storm surge...and a--
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 05:51 pm

I rack the charging handle on my assault rifle, then join my comrades at the frontline, where we were shooting retreating Covenant.
I began firing lead at the aliens.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 06:19 pm

Finally the heat dies down and my shields begin to recharge. So I get down into a crouched position and turn the corner.
I zoom in as fast as I dared right on him. Without hesitation I pull the trigger. But I before I see if I hit it, I went back behind cover.
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 07:19 pm

I didn't hear the bullet coming, but I sure did feel it. I fell backwards onto the ground into a puddle of water and breathed painfully. The bullet had hit my lower chest and cut right through, luckily my amour manged to take some of the impact and keep the bullet from ripping a giant hole in me. I laid there for awhile not moving till I finally crawled away from the edge of the building, and next to the pool.

Radar is fried. Shields coming back up at 60% percent. HUD is also fired. Health regeneration... offline.. Active Cameo working..

The lighting had short-circuited most of amour, it was only now keeping me from bleeding out. I staggered to my feet and made my way to the elevator despite my wound, the pelting rain, and the buffering winds. It was time to retreat...

Last edited by Twilight Sparkle on 18/11/12, 05:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 07:26 pm

After a minute or two of sitting there I look around the corner again. He isn't there any more. I get out from behind cover.
"It's clear everybody!"
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 07:45 pm

Something was amiss. I was telling myself that everything was fine, but it was anything but. The rain pattered against the doors and the roof harder than before. The rattling got louder, and the engine sounds that we were listening to all this time, were now soundless. I turned around until I was looking into the cockpit again. I saw monitors flashing, lights flashing and warning sounds blazing. I stood still, confused for a moment.

"Elektromaqnit zərbə! yadyam, yadyam! Məmur, biz aşağı gedir!"

Spoiler:

I gasped, before flying up hitting the ceiling. Where was the gravitational potential? Everyone, everything hit the roof of the Phantom. The doors were now rattling more than before as we were tossed around the weightless Phantom. The thought of...the thought of...what?..the day...ending...the...my...vision...

___

The Phantom tossed and turned, as it fell a few hundred feet from where the electromagnetic pulse occurred. The Pilots could not have predicted this, nor anyone else aboard the Phantom. It flipped, tossed, turned and rolled its way out of the sky. Any word that could be used to describe movement through free-fall, could be used now. The engines had switched off, all the lights were flickering, and the screams of a thousand burning could be heard as the Phantom passed through the dense layers of cloud, the thick volume of rain and the terrible sound of thunder and lightning combined. This was the hell there gods had promised...

The Phantom did not stop flipping over and over, again and again. There was no physical way to describe the feeling nor the sight. It was horrendous. The rain and the wind rushed against the Phantom as it fell from the sky. There was no telling how much altitude it had lost. Bits of the Phantom already started to peel off due to the mass amount of pressure caused by the giant decrease in altitude.
Back to top Go down
Malantai

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 10:16 pm

A thunderous noise is heard, along with a massive green explosion. I walk towards the human line, smaller rounds pinging off of my shields as roar.

"What is this? The gods have no place for cowards! Not one step back!"

I continue the charge, Fuel Rod Gun flaring repeatedly, barraging the human line with large green explosions.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 11:33 pm

I notice that heading back to our base would cause of to head right through the storm. I decide against it. I turn to the pilot and say "Were heading down and taking shelter below, once we are all off then get to somewhere same. We dont want to waste a ship."

Then I procceed to jump out with my pack and head down into the buildings below. We were still close to the hertics' base.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 01:06 am

I see the brute chieftain approach the encampment.
"Who does this guy think he is?"
I focus my assault rifle's fire on the Brute, being as he's the biggest and most threatening target down range currently.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 02:15 am

I hear a something that sounds like gun fire. Seems like our ground forces near the base are still attacking the heritic's base. I lead my pack closer to the firefight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP Second Story Chapter 1
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next