Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm

Go down 
+5
Colgate
Xion's Memory
The Meta
Cel
Razgriz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 07:34 am

=I want to make a smart remark, but the weather has my sense of humor dampened, no pun intended=

I may be a farm boy...but being out here in the rain still sucks...

=I sigh, looking down into the inside of the bus longingly=

What I wouldn't kill for a few seconds inside the bus...
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 07:40 am

=Further down the road the caravan took, near the bridge they would have to cross, the Shepherds prepared. While they may not have known the size of what was coming, they knew that at the very least, something was coming from the town=

(James)
=There was another flash of light, a boom of thunder and I ducked my head on instinct alone=
"Fuck! Maybe we should just climb back inside, what do you say Andrew?"
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 07:45 am

=I look to James, nodding in agreement=

You have no argument from me, James.

=I smile weakly=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 07:50 am

(James)
=Climbing down the ladder, I closed the hatch above me. There was a splash as I jumped down, and landed in a puddle of water, some of it flying into Eve's face=

(Sam)
"Hey, watch it James. You'll wake her."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 07:52 am

Eve groaned, moving a bit. But she finallg settled back down.

Mira stood, offeeing Andy a seat.

Hibiki rolled her eyes.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 07:56 am

=I follow James's lead, climbing down the ladder and closing the hatch above me=

Screw you too, mother nature...

=I jump down a bit, landing with a slight thud=

Well...at least I'm out of the rain...

=I then sit down, giving the seat next to me to Mira, me soaking wet and shivering a bit from the cold=

Last edited by The Meta on 16/02/13, 08:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 07:59 am

"Man, it's really pouring tonight huh?"
I ease back into the seat. Finding it to be comfortable... for now.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 08:30 am

(James)
"Nah, I could fire a gun and she'd just sleep right through it. She's as deep a sleeper as Hibiki."
=Chuckling, I stood by the ladder, holding it for support as the rain pounded away at the roof of the bus, water sliding down the glass windows=
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 08:28 pm

(Allie)

I look out at the storm grinning as thunder echoed across the land.

"Its been along time since I've seen a good storm like this one! I used to have them up at home, loved them to death."

(J)

I settle down in the back of the car.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime16/02/13, 10:27 pm

(James)
"Yeah well I'm glad you're thrilled while Andrew and I get soaked. Maybe you should take up turret duty and get your clothes drenched."

(Sam)
=I simply rolled my eyes at the joke=
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 12:06 am

Eve snuggled closer to Sam, still asleep.

Hibiki kept going at a steady pace.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 12:33 am

(James)
=It was scary really, how dark it had gotten. The dark storm clouds were so thick they blocked out a good chunk of the sunlight, and while it didn't look like night, the dark grey lighting had me confused for the early hours of morning=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:04 am

I take off my hat and coat, then set them on the floor. Which wasn't dirty at all, surprisingly. Afterwards I look up at the guy.
"Hey man, thanks for waiting."

Ex Bartender - "Just call me Gregory. Or just Greg if you prefer. And it wasn't a problem. If I didn't I may as well left you for dead."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:28 am

=Eventually, the caravan passed the town of Okawville, as they traveled along Route 64. Signs ahead told them of a bridge, and it was much to their misfortune that it was at the bridge that the Shepherds were waiting for them=
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:31 am

Hibiki was tired. The dreary drive...
Wait.
What was that by the road?
"James, Andrew. Mount up. I awear I see something by the bridge."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:35 am

(James)
"Got it Hibiki. Andrew, get ready."
=I made sure to grab my bow and quiver, slinging them over my shoulder as I climbed the ladder. They wouldn't be that good in the rain, but at best they were more for comfort than anything else=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:38 am

=I perk up a bit, heading to the ladder and then opening the hatch and climbing up the turret=

No need to tell me twice, James.

Well...this is an interesting development

=I scan for targets as I mount the turret=

This feels like an ambush...and I don't like it...

--30 yards away from the bridge, ahead of the convoy--

=A figure clad entirely in camo watched the convoy move into position, eye watching through the rifle's scope. She watched the lead vehicle and saw two figures mount the turrets, one of them very familiar to her. She smiled grimly, knowing that this was her opportunity that she had been waiting for. She would take her shot as explosives would be detonated and the ambush began=

Last edited by The Meta on 17/02/13, 03:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:44 am

(James)
=As the bus neared the bridge, there wasn't a single threat I could see. At least, not in this rain anyway. We soon started to cross the bridge, and I could see the river that flowed beneath us. Well, flowed was one way to put it: the storm had made the water level rise, and the river was now flowing, and while it didn't look like a rapid, I was sure the current was very strong. Would not want to go for a swim in that. My attention was diverted however, when I saw movement at the other end of the bridge=
"Fuck! Shepherds!"

=As the words left my mouth, a pair of cars moved to block our path at the other end of the bridge, people moving to get out. I pulled the trigger, and my turret fired, the muzzle flash bright and intense in the darkness of the storm=
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:52 am

Hibiki spes up as faat as she could before the final impact. The brute force threw the cara to the sides, killing a few of the Shepherds as the cars crushes them or threw them off the sides of the brisge to their deaths.
"I can't tell if there are more!"

Eve slept through it all.

Mira kept down and safe.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:56 am

=I heard James and yell back=

I can't get a clean shot at them!

=I cut loose none the less=

--30 yards from the bridge--

=The figure sees the man in the rear turret cut loose with his HMG. She lines up a shot, takes aim and waits for a crack of thunder. She aims at his left shoulder and hears a crack of thunder, firing and watches her shot hit its target just above the shoulder blade. She smiles with a bit of grim delight, moving in slowly to claim her prize=

--Convoy--

=I yell out as a lance of pain rips through me, and I then see the shot had nearly dislocated my shoulder=

Goddamnit! I'm hit!

=I put a bit of cloth and wrap the wound, hoping that would suffice=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 03:57 am

(James)
=The impact nearly threw me from where I stood, seeing as I was balanced on the ladder alone. That said, we didn't go very far; they must have weighted the cars or something, because we hit them and then stopped=
"Dammit Hibiki, a little warning next time!"

=That was when I noticed two things: one, there were Shepherds actually coming up over the side of the bridge. They must have been using mountain climbing gear to secure themselves, and now they came up to surround the other cars. Second.....there were Shepherds climbing up the side of the bus. I shot the nearest one, his body exploding in a spray of blood, even separating his own arm. Still more came=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:03 am

=I get out my .45 and start firing at the nearest Shepherds=

They're still coming, James!

=I fire at another one=

Goddamnit, they're like roaches!

--Approaching the convoy--

=The figure approaches the convoy, waiting for her target to be separated from the group by the attack force. She crouches in some nearby bushes, waiting for her moment to strike=

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:09 am

(James)
=They were too close now for the HMG, at least for me to hit them. So I climbed out of the hole, closing the hatch behind me as I unsheathed my knife. Dodging a swipe from the first Shepherd, I cut open his throat with a vicious swipe, his own blood spraying out and onto my shirt. The second to come at me had a gun, and I brought the tip of the blade down into the space between his shoulder and neck. As he cried out in pain I grabbed the gun, taking it in my left hand and using it to fire on the man behind him. Even then, I could see people firing out of their cars at the Shepherds on the bridge, mowing them down=

(Sam)
"Fuck!"
=With no time for finesse, I threw Eve off my lap and to the floor, grabbing my shotgun and moving for the door. Grabbing the lever for door control, I opened the door and unloaded a round into the first Shepherd I saw=
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:15 am

Hibiki grimaced. "Sorry!" She said. "Sam! Get your ass up and get you and Eve to battle positions!" She ordered, putting the bus in reverse.

Mira stood, grabbing a shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:20 am

(Sam)
=I stood at the door, pumping out more rounds into Shepherds as they came. Some of them had what looked like satchels that they were all too happy to toss and leave on the bridge....almost like they wereohshit=
"Explosives! They're going to blow the bridge!"

(James)
=I barely heard someone say 'blow the bridge,' and could see Shepherds dropping bags down on the bridge. Shit. Jumping from the top of the bus, I ran for the nearest car, the Shepherds pistol still in hand and firing off rounds into other Shepherds=
"MOVE!! THE BRIDGE IS GOING TO BLOW! MOVE!"

=I waived my hands back the other way, and they got the message. People began backing up, back down the bridge=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:28 am

=I hear James, I then holster the .45 and jump off the bus, bringing up my rifle to fire at the Shepherds=

There's too many of them, James.

Here goes nothing...

=I keep firing at the Shepherds, hoping to take down as many as I could=

Let's hope it doesn't get worse...

--Near the convoy, 5 yards from the bridge--

=She then spots Andrew retreating with the convoy and starts to make her move. She waits for the explosion to occur to ambush her brother at the right moment=

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:38 am

(James)
=As they started moving, I stayed out on the bridge, pistol firing two more shots. I wasn't sure how many more bullets were in it, but it didn't stop me from firing. Three shots later and I clicked on empty=
"Fuck!"

=I tossed it, throwing it like I would a baseball, and it clipped a Shepherd on the shoulder. He spun to face me, murder in his eyes. I rushed him, giving him no time to react and slammed my knife into his throat=

(Sam)
"Hibiki, we need to move now. Put her in reverse!"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:43 am

Hibiki slammed the bus into reverse and then roared forward, shoving the cars completely out of the way. "Hang on!" She yelled, the bus gaining speed.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:46 am

=I continue to fire, the rifle then clicking as it ran out of bullets. I let loose a curse, switching to my .45=

Come on boys...bring it on...

=I fire at the Shepherds, hearing the pistol click after a few shots=

FUCK...!!!

=I holster my .45, and run at them, unsheathing my Bowie knife and hitting the nearest Shepherd and near full tilt, plunging the blade into the Shepherd's chest, my expression murderous=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:49 am

(Sam)
"What are you doing? James and Andrew are still out there!"
=I held onto the rail for dear life as the crazy bitch floored the bus into motion. We sped away from the bridge....and from James and Andrew=

(James)
=I wasn't aware that the bus was gone, my attention focused solely on the cars in front of me. They moved back until finally, they were off the bridge and I turned to see....no bus=
"Hibiki you crazy ass, stupid little...."

=I muttered off a few more choice words for her, since she had left me behind. But I didn't have time to curse my luck, as there was a flash of light from the opposite end of the bridge, and a plume of smoke. There was thunder at ground level, and I knew what it meant: they were blowing the bridge=
"Oh shiiitt!"

=Running for the other end, I never made it as more of the satchels exploded, and the bridge actually tilted as one of the supports was taken out. My balance lost, and already on a slick surface, I dropped off the bridge and into the river below=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:57 am

=I pull the blade out of the man's chest, sheathing the knife as a series of explosions started to rock the bridge=

Awww shit...

=I jump off of the bridge, hoping to make it for the safety of the river as the bridge blew up behind us=

Well...shit...

=I then surface and swim for the shoreline, hoping that any debris wouldn't hit me=

--5 yards from the bridge--

=Sarah watched as Andrew made for the shoreline, waiting for him to have his back turned as soon as he made it to the shore line.=

Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 04:59 am

Hibiki was about to turn the bus so the guns could help James and Andrew...but then the bridgee started to blow. She sped up, ignoring everyone's yelling. The caravan behind her...cars accelerated past her.
She screeches to a stop just aa the bridge collapsed. The back wheels nearly were caught.
Hibiki alumped over the wheel, sobbing.

Mira was in shock. She startes to shake.

Eve was still asleep.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:05 am

(Sam)
=When the bridge blew up, the I felt the bottom of my stomach fall. James was on that bridge. So was Andrew. If they didn't get off in time....=

(James)
=I fell. Through smoke and debris, I fell. It wasn't a long fall, before I hit the water. It was cold as ice, and the current was as strong as I imagined as I was tossed down river, being dragged beneath the surface of the river. Rocks beneath the surface hit me as I passed them....or maybe I hit them. Branches that were also beneath tore at my skin, my clothes. I struggled to get above the water, to get a breath, but I was never the greatest of swimmers=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:12 am

=I make it to the shore line, pulling myself onto the shore, shivering from the cold=

Fucking...storm, and fucking Shepherds...

=I crawl up away from the wreckage, making it up near the entrance of the bridge=

I still got it...

=A figure walks up from behind me pulling my head up and looking at me before I'm knocked out like a light with a blow to the back of the head=

Here we go again...

= I'm dragged back to who knows where, the figure dragging my unconscious form past the bus, in plain sight of anyone watching=

Last edited by The Meta on 17/02/13, 05:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:18 am

(Sam)
=I grabbed the collar of Hibiki's shirt, pulling her up from the wheel=
"Dammit Hibiki, this is no time for crying. We need to move, now. Get us to St. Louis, pronto!"

=With that, I moved to man a turret, one of the other passengers getting in the one behind me=

(James)
=I kicked my legs, thrashing my arms in some orderly motion, until eventually I got to shore. On all fours, I coughed and gagged, water dripping around me. I was soaked, and cold as hell. When I had stopped, I looked up to see a group of trees, shrubbery. Getting to my feet, I looked up, and to my right, but there was no bridge, not even ruins. I must have washed too far downstream=
"Great...."

=Thankfully, my bow was still secure, so was my quiver....and only four of my 20 arrows. Shit=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:19 am

I was uncertain as to what was happening at all. But I heard gunshots which is enough to get out.
Just in time to watch as the bridge fucking explodes in white light. I stand there, stunned by this.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:20 am

I'd been holding Allie for almost the entire time, trying to comfort her as the two of us, like many, were kept on their seats, scared and confused.
I looked out the windows, worried, before hearing a rapturous explosion shake the vehicle. Was that a weapon? Did one of the cars blow up? When I saw the rubble falling through the sky around us, my questions were answered.
I buried my face next to Allie's, not wanting to look on anymore.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:22 am

Hibiki floors it, bary seeing. She just drives, flowing the road.

Eve sleeps.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:24 am

(Sam)
=More cars were coming up behind us, and I could already tell they were Shepherds, seeing as how one was a pickup with two men standing up, weapons raised. I waited for them to get into my line of fire before I fired, the rounds tearing through the driver, and the men in the bed of the pickup before it banked to the side of the road, flipping=

(James)
=Notching an arrow, I began to make my way through the woods. I should have tried to follow the river, maybe find a road but right now, in this weather and with my clothes all but soaked I needed shelter, a fire even=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:25 am

"What the fuck... who did that?!"

Greg - "Probably the got damned Shepherds."

I didn't even notice he got out. But there was bigger problems at hand. How are we going to get across the bridge?!
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:32 am

*Marcus*
=He and a team of his men, the ones that were in their own cars and not on the bus, got out when they were far back from the bridge, weapons drawn as they moved to secure the area as best they could. Already they were discussing plans to turn back and find a new road, and they one in mind=
"Okay, the bridge is out so we're going to have to backtrack. There's still the 160 we can take, but we'll be going through Okawville."

=Everyone didn't complain though, even if the bus was on the other side of the river=

(James)
=I was shivering in the cold, but I didn't stop for a single second until I managed to find a small collection of rocks grouped together. As I drew closer, i realized one of them, a large slab of stone, was positioned like a roof above the other rocks, leaving space for me to crawl inside. It was cramped, but I was out of the rain. Curling up, I shivered again in the cold, rubbing myself thoroughly=

Last edited by Razgriz on 17/02/13, 05:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 05:35 am

=A few minutes later, I wake up groaning in pain, feeling a bit of warmth from a campfire=

Where the hell am I...?

=I blink slowly at first as a figure enters the large tent=

Figure: Ah...you're finally awake...

=I then fully recover, tugging a bit, feeling myself tied up...again=

I recognize that voice...no...NO...it can't be...

=The figure comes into my view, taking off her hood=

Sarah: Shame...I'd thought recognize me...big brother...

=My eyes widen as I pale in shock, my voice sputtering in denial=

No...no...You're dead...I SAW you die...

=She laughs a bit=

Sarah:(incredulous) You HONESTLY believe that girl was ME?!?!?

=She laughs a bit more, as my brow furrows=

Sarah: That was a girl that Abernathy used to replace me...

=I gape in horror, my mind reeling from the shock. I then let loose a scream=

Last edited by The Meta on 17/02/13, 07:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 06:03 am

=Eventually, the caravan managed to turn around, double backing it's way down the road until it was just outside the town of Okawville=

(James)
=The storm still raged outside, and it was a rather curious thing: inside the tiny little cave, the sound of raindrops was muted, though by the entrance I could still hear the patter of rain drops from the entrance of the small cave. Sadly, I didn't have any dry wood to set aflame, so I had to curl up more, my back to the wall=
What I would give for Hibiki to be here, nude.....just to share body heat.

=Of all things, that made me laugh. Laugh like an idiot actually. I was shaking, huddled up in that cave not because I was cold, but because I was laughing. Cut off from everyone I knew and loved, barely surviving the collapse of a bridge and nearly drowning in a river......and I was upset that my girlfriend wasn't here to get naked with me to share body heat. Kinda pathetic really=
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 07:10 pm

(Allie)

I yawn and stretch.

When did I fall asleep?

"Hey yall, whats going on?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 09:00 pm

(Sam)
=I jumped down from the turret in time to hear the question=
"What's going on? Well I'll tell ya sleeping beauty. While you were getting your beauty sleep, we were attacked by Shepherds, and now because of our crazy bus driver, we lost James and Andrew when they went over the bridge."

=I stared daggers at Hibiki=
"We left them behind. How could you do that?"

(James)
=Eventually, the rain died down. It didn't stop mind you, but now it had gone from a heavy down pour to a light shower. I had finally stopped shaking from the cold, and I slowly ventured out of the tiny cave. Priority: fire. It may not have been ice cold right now, but I was still soaking wet from the river. I needed a way to dry off, or at the least warm up. First thing I did was collect the right materials: some grass and pine needles that were relatively dry. Not incredibly dry, but it was something. Stuffing it into a ball, the next thing I needed was kindling wood. Couldn't find anything with the size I needed, so I had to make do with tiny branches from trees. Those same branches I snapped to test their value, and less than half the branches I picked up were good. All my supplies in hand, I walked back to the tiny cave, piling them up on a small rock that was inside=
And now comes the hard bit....

=Digging a tiny fire pit, I laid out some of the sticks across it to hold up the wood away from the damp ground. Arranging the tinier pieces in a small tent like fashion, I placed the ball of semi-dry leaves next to the little tent. Now came the troublesome bit: starting the fire. Part of surviving out in the zombie apocalypse, meant having one thing: deep pockets. You needed cargo pants or shorts, take your pick there are no wrong answers. But they needed to have a number of pockets, and well secured pockets at that. Velcro worked wonders for that. Anyway, that said I patted down my pants and was relieved to find the most critical tool I could have. I pulled my tiny magnesium firestarter out of my pocket, and went through the motion needed to start the fire. Soon the dark cave was glowing with bright flames, and there was a very welcome warmth coming from the fire. Feeding it with more branches, I got close=

Last edited by Razgriz on 17/02/13, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 10:00 pm

Here we are, sitting in the car. Driving silently to wherever it is we're going. No one has talked since the explosion.
Did the bus destroyed in all that?
I think to myself.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 10:27 pm

Hibiki grippes the steering wheel.
"I had to make room for the other cars. I did. I couldn't stop and tell someone to get on the guns because...because I saw the bridge collapsing. I chose to give people a chance to run instead. Because I moved...because I moved look at the cars who got over. Few fell. Rest are trapped on the other side." Hibiki put the bus in drive. "We have to...to get these people to St. Louis. Explain to Clarissa. Then we got to find them."
She started to drive away.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 10:44 pm

(Sam)
"And what about James and Andrew? What if they don't make it? Those were my friends God damn it!"

=The caravan began to drive through the town of Okawville, seeing it as the fastest route to the 160. However, there were walkers in town. Not enough for a herd but enough to keep people in their cars with the windows rolled up. Men in the pickups were careful, firing off shots to keep them at bay. Weaving through cars that were either parked or crashed along the street, they soon managed to come out the other side, driving away from the town and to the 160. With the storm dying down, the defining din of the rain was lessened. The lead car, their guide, checked the map now and then=
*Marcus*
"Okay.....we drive along the 160 then divert to the 177. Keep on there, until we get to Summersfield road, head north. We can get back to the 64 that way, and hopefully meet up with the others that crossed the bridge."

=He didn't need to mention the possibility that the others may have been swarmed by Shepherds=

(James)
=Eventually, I got warm enough that I had stopped shaking and my clothes didn't feel so wet anymore. So, I made my way out of the small cave, drew my bow, and began walking. I made for the river, and decided to follow it, see if I could find another road or bridge. The walk was long, quiet, and oddly (despite the circumstances that brought me to this place) very tranquil. There was nothing but the sound of the river flowing beside me, light rain fall, and maybe the odd cry of a bird. I liked it. Thankfully, I didn't need to walk far. The river must have carried me down stream far enough that I was close to another bridge, and I all but ran up the small incline of the ground as I headed for the road. However, in the distance I could see some bright lights from the East, maybe cars. I got down behind some shrubbery=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 10:52 pm

=I scream for a few seconds, my rage then boils over, shouting curses at Abernathy for betraying me. I then feel a sharp lance of pain in my chest as Sarah takes out a knife and drives into my skin and starts dragging it down my torso, and I grit my teeth as the pain continues to rip through my body, as I realize I'm half naked in front of my own sister=

Sarah: Don't you EVER curse Father Abernathy like that!

(Sarcastic) Oh...did I hurt your feelings? Because I must've hit a nerve there.

=She drags the knife down further, causing me to shut up as I grit my teeth once again in pain=

Sarah: Just shut up! You're in no position to mouth off to me!

(Mocking) Is this the best you can do? I'd like to see you try to hurt me, sister dear.

=Her face turns into a mask of rage and loathing, she then take out the knife and puts it into my shoulder, dragging it down and causing me to grit my teeth in pain even more=

Sarah: Now look what you made me do, brother.

=She leans in a bit=

Sarah: Now ditch the attitude, before I really hurt you...

=I laugh hoarsely=

How are you going to hurt me...You're Abernathy's little pet...

=She drags the blade down further=

Sarah: You are LUCKY that I didn't kill you that day in St. Louis...YOU ARE LUCKY!

=I blink twice=

Wait a minute...that was you who shot James?

Sarah: Of course it wasn't, you idiot...I couldn't see you at all, you bastard.

=I shoot her an intense glare=

Sarah: Looks like I struck a nerve now

You're lucky I didn't shoot you...

=She takes out the blade and makes three deep slashes across my chest=

Sarah: Care to make any more smart remarks...

=I shake my head, the pain keeping me silent=

Sarah: I thought so. Now, tell me where that caravan was going.

=I look up at her, and speak with a bit of fire in my words=

Go...to...hell...

=She then plunges the blade into my left shoulder, near where she shot me, and drags the blade down the arm. I scream in agony, overwhelmed by white hot pain=

Sarah: That wasn't nice. Now tell me...Where were you going...

Like I said...go. to. hell.

=She then plunges the blade into my right arm, dragging the blade into the wound where Charles shot me. I scream once again, the white hot pain becoming too much for me=

Sarah: Are you going to tell me now?

Yes...We're going to St. Louis.

=She takes out the blade=

Sarah: Now...was that so hard, brother?

=I just stare=

Are you going to kill me?

=She looks at me, and just turns away=

I'm your brother, Sarah. Mother is dead, Father is dead...at the hands of the group that you call your 'family'...

=She turns her head=

Or are you so full of the shit that they pumped into you that all you see is just another heretic to kill?

=She looks away, and then drops the knife and comes up to me and hugs me=

Sarah: (Sobbing) I'm...I'm...I'm so sorry...it's just...

=She chokes up a bit=

Sarah: This was the reality I was raised on for years...

=She hands me a pair of keys=

Sarah: Take my car...and get away from me...

=She sighs=

Sarah: I can't guarantee that I won't harm you again...head for your caravan, and get out of my damn sight.

=I get on my clothes and limp to the car, starting the engine and heading for the caravan, still in physical and emotional shock=

Last edited by The Meta on 17/02/13, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime17/02/13, 10:55 pm

Hibiki abruptly stoppes the bus and stood, opening the door. She stepped outside, pulling the slide back on her gun.
She never spoke. She just started walking towards a patch of shrubbery by the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm   ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZRP-2: Chapter 3, The Coming Storm
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next