Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki

Go down 
+8
Moose
Felix
N
The White Wolf
Teria
The Meta
Xion's Memory
FallenSanity
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 06:24 am

The moment the Standur had turned around, a guard came up to Thesia and struck her down.
"Never speak without permission again, slave." He growled.

With one kick to her stomach, he hauled her up. "Know your place."

He left her alone.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 06:33 am

Tilki watched as the guard punched the girl, almost flinching visibly at sight. Still he didn't get want to get involved. He was going to invite more trouble on him than he would like.

Those guys are not only armed, but are well trained to boot. Me...all I really know is how to equip my  weapons...

Even though Tilki wanted to just sit there and avoid trouble, his conscience screamed at him to do something. Tilki willed himself to just watch.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 06:56 am

The Governors guard didn't speak, simply picking up large sums of the funds and standing back up, brushing his hands off a little and look at the Ljnn. At least it was helpful, better than the Otaizines here. Still, this was something he'd have normally beaten a peasant over. It only stopped him when he knew this man had apologized.

"You should watch yourself. Most Jazierih would not be as forgiving as I if you spilled their coin."

Some of the folk had began to depart now, knowing their chance for coin had been wasted.
I tightened my coat a little, covering the purses up as I did so.
"Were you with the caravans that passed through?"

Last edited by FallenSanity on 14/07/13, 07:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 06:59 am

"Ast"
Del Mantis
Market

Nádúiranam looked back at the creature who had grabbed the guard. The guard, who had met eyes with the begger, widened. Nádúiranam did nothing, and ran down the alley. The guards' fate was not his to alter. He turned his back. Nádúiranam ran passed a few other beggers, who were more well off than he, clothed in rags, cloth on their feet. Nádúiranam would be lying to himself if he thought that he wasn't jealous of their position. The other beggers called him "Ast". Nádúiranam assumed it was short for some Otaizine word.

In no time at all he came to one of the rivers that split Del Mantis from the mainland. The smell of water reached his nose. It smelled a bit like fish and grime from time to time. Nádúiranam thought it was probably the wind bringing in the scent from the port. Nádúiranam stopped running, and peered out of the alley he was in. dropping to his knees, to beg once more.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 07:06 am

"Please, do not attack the less fortunate. It would be a great deal different if the positions were switched."

I turn and head back to the slave stalls. To find the girl lying on the ground. Baffled by this, I kneel down next to her.
"Why are you on the floor?"
I asked in a calm matter.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 07:10 am

Thesia had again been hit, for good measure. She looked up.
"I was punished for speaking out of turn." She said quietly, ending it there and not wasting her breath.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 07:16 am

That. That right there decided it. I wasn't going to let her get abused for plainly speaking.

"I'll get you out of here."
I turn my head to the guard while I stand up. Then grab my coin purse and look through it.
"How much for this one?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 07:37 am

The slave lord looks at the Standur.
"Due to her...age...skills set...and the fact records show she's been a slave for life, I'm setting her price at two hundred Gren, and that's a bargain in these bleak times, my friend."
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:03 am

I freeze over. I didn't have that. I have just barely over a hundred from the last job. But was I really going to buy her if I did?
Considering I can't use most of her 'abilities'. No I already said I'd buy her. I can't go back on my word.

"I'll be back with the necessary funds."
I run back to the tavern before he can say anything. I look around for Vressian, whom is right where I left him.
I take the seat where I had my weapon lied against. The pint of ale still sitting where I put it down.
"I must ask you something. Can I borrow a hundred Gern?"

Last edited by Felix on 14/07/13, 09:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:04 am

I look over at Trundum, raise an eyebrow and toss him my purse, but I give him a stern look and a pointed claw, a reminder that he should pay it back, then go back to drinking my ale, planning on asking what it was about when he returned.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:11 am

"Thank you, friend. I will repay you, I swear."
I grab his purse and head for the door. I really could not believe I was doing this. But I guess I had to, because I was doing it.
Once back at the stalls, I hand the purses to the slave master. Pointing to the slave girl.

Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:14 am

The man checked the coin, then motioned to the guard. He shoved Thesia forward towards the Standurr.
"She is all yours, for whatever you wish. Maybe teach her something new?"
Looking away, he put the money away. "Thank you for your business."

Thesia kept her eyes on the ground, not looking up at the Standurr who bought her.

She just hoped he wasn't going to hurt her.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:16 am

"Ast"
Del Mantis
Alley by the river

The lighthouse loomed up above, the magnificent tower that dwarfed all the buildings in Nádúiranam's  village. The tower was the largest building Nádúiranam had ever seen. He'd never been close enough to the tower to examine it in finer detail, but from all sides, it struck awe into Nádúiranam. As Nádúiranam sat in the alley, with his hands outstretched into the street, begging for money, his thoughts drifted to home. The phantom smell of cooked prátaí seemed to manifest in his nose, making his mouth water.

Nádúiranam's thoughts began to drift. He felt dirty, and the hard stone ground was uncomfortable. He missed the soft feeling of grass beneath his feet, of wind in his hair. Oh Déithe, his hair. Nádúiranam lifted one of his hands and tried to run it through his long brown and blonde hair. His hair was knotted and dirty. He felt something smooth as he was running his hand through it, and quickly recoiled, a beetle falling out and scurrying away. Disgusting. but, food. Nádúiranam dashed after it, hungrily groping for the beetle before it was out of reach. He caught the beetle and threw it into his mouth, the taste was foul, but not foul enough to spit out. How far he's fallen, to have to resort to eating the vermin that fall out of his hair as a source of sustenance. Nádúiranam sighed, and looked at the river. He could bathe, but then he'd be wet and cold, he was already sick with some illness, giving him the shakes. He didn't need another one on top of that.

He gathered what coin he had, and brought it to the edge of the river, and looked around, cautiously. No guards to be seen. No common-folk either. He jumped in. Cold washed over him, steeling his core. He hadn't  swum since he lived in his village. The current almost carried him towards the bridge. He struggled against the current, eventually grasping the edge of the of the bank, his feet almost touched the bottom. Almost. he pushed himself down, submerging his head into the icy stream. He held himself under for a few seconds, and then lifted himself out. Dripping wet, and cold, He felt refreshed. Until a a breeze sent him into convulsing shivers.

He lay on the ground, after the shivering died down, and ran his fingers through his hair, trying to get the knots out. He felt a few come undone, but he'd need a comb to get the rest. A comb. Nádúiranam wondered if they sold bone-combs, like the ones his village made, or perhaps an Otaizine equivalent? Nádúiranam shook his head,  water was sent flying in all directions. A man who was coming from around a building, stopped and stared. Nádúiranam imagined it'd be quite the sight, a nude man, shaking his head while kneeling near a pile of money.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:21 am

Tilki then turned back around, and saw that the exchange had come to a close. He watched as money exchanged hands. He figured he'd tail them, and see if this Standur was all that they were told to be like.

Of course, I have every right to reserve judgement... Tilki waited till the right opportunity to make his move. He then put up his cloak before the exchange was finished, making sure he kept his face concealed from authority. He saw the girl move forward and waited for the pair to make their way away from the stalls, feeling that they would be headed somewhere else. Where they would be...he'd tail them to find out.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:28 am

"Sir. You may have forgotten that you said she was two hundred. What was in those purses contained over two hundred. Would you be so kind as to give me what is mine?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:33 am

The man tossed the purses into the chest beside him.
"Deal with it." He said bluntly. "Now move along, before I make you."
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:45 am

"Ast"
Del Mantis
near am Alley and by the riverside

Nádúiranam stared back at the man, who turned around and just walked away. Nádúiranam wasn't quite sure how to react to that. He presumed the man had been disgusted by the sight of a naked person in the street. But, in this land, he wasn't sure. Nádúiranam waited until he felt drier, the sun evaporating the water from his skin, as well as baking his skin. He scooped up his money and started to follow the path along the edge of the river.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:49 am

There wasn't much I could do about that. I can count at least seven visible guards here. And maybe if I had my axe with me I might've been able to take them.
But then I'll be branded a criminal and all that mess, so it wouldn't be recommended. And it was just a few coins anyway.
"Good doing business, yes." I turn to the slave girl. "Come. Follow me." I turn and head for the Tavern.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 08:59 am

Thesia followed behind quietly, eyes on his feet. She wove easily through the crowd, not needing to try really. She was malnourished and fed little anyways; she kinda lied with her feeding, but really, she just wanted some more to eat and drink for once.

So she followed quietly.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:08 am

I look behind me every now and then to make sure she was following. It's just that I burned through both of our last pays on her, wouldn't want her to run off. Would be my luck if she did.
"So, what's your name?"

Last edited by Felix on 14/07/13, 09:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:11 am

Tilki made his move, carefully climbing down the back of the building. After he got to the ground, he headed out of an alley and onto the street. He needed a figure to follow, and the Standur wasn't exactly an uncommon sight.

C'mon...give me a sign here...give me something...

He then spotted a familiar figure, and her clothing made her stand out like a beacon. He followed the pair, keeping his eye on the girl, and keeping as casual as possible.

Last edited by The Meta on 14/07/13, 09:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:19 am

"Thesia, Sir." She said clearly, hurrying to keep up. He seemed nice...Standurr were nice guys, right? Maybe she had a lucky break for once.
Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:20 am

"Okay, this is getting weird. Please stop calling me sir. It makes me feel old."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:22 am

She flinched.
"Yes..." She trailed off, not sure what to call him. If sir wasn't ok, then master would be worse, right?
"Then how shall I refer to you?" She asked quickly.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:27 am

"Just uh... call me Trund. Or Trundum, whichever you prefer."

We arrive at the Tavern and I lead her to the table with Vressian. Then slump into the chair, still angry that I expected humans to be fair.

"Thesia, this is Vressian. Vressian, Thesia."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:28 am

"As you wish, Trundum."

When they arrived at the table, Thesia curtsied. "Hello sir." She said a bit loudly, trying to be heard over the din of the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:29 am

I look over at Trundum and then at the girl following him. I give Trundum a look before smiling and nodding to the girl politely, bowing my head low and then finishing off my tankard of ale to the last drop. I set it on the table and look at Trundum, waiting for an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:36 am

"Yes, I suppose I should explain myself."
I take a drink of the ale on the table before continuing.
"While I was out on my little adventure, I found the slavers' stalls. And couldn't really stand to see her in that condition."
I look at her and then back at him. Wondering how he will react.
"So I... kinda bought her without thinking much about it. And was... maybe cheated out a few gold coins..."

Last edited by Felix on 14/07/13, 09:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:37 am

Ast"
Del Mantis
One of the Many Alley's of Del Mantis.

Nádúiranam walked down one of the many alley's, yet again. However, now he's lost in thought: contemplating his position. He didn't notice it when he walked by a group of men, soliciting the alley. Two of them grabbed him, spilling the coin from his hands in the process. Nádúiranam was shaken from his deep thought, his heart nearly jumping from his chest at the sudden jerk. His head shot from side to side, in panic, trying to take in what had happened. A man, not holding Nádúiranam, came forward and punched him in the stomach. Nádúiranam bent over from the pain, as much as he could while being held up by these two other men. Nádúiranam was being robbed! But was his life in danger?

The third man drew a knife, Nádúiranam's pupils dilated, taking in the new danger. Death was not in the Wyrd today, not for Nádúiranam. Nádúiranam's body was dry, so he couldn't slip out of their grip easily, he had to think. He bent his legs, letting his body fall into the arms of his captors more fully, dragging them down a little bit, he then, with all his might, jumped up. The men weren't expecting this, people don't usually act like this. It was strange, unheard of. Alien. they tried to tighten their grip, but when when Nádúiranam came back down, he shifted the momentum, leaning, and bringing one of the men off balance in the process. Taking advantage of this, he kicked the man's leg, bringing him to one knee. The other man holding on to Nádúiranam, punched him in the nuts. this brought Nádúiranam down to the ground, curling into the fetal position, moaning in pain.

The third man sheathed his knife, and collected the gerns on the ground. The other two kicked Nádúiranam while he was down, bloodying and bruising him. Nádúiranam passed out from the pain.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:39 am

I sigh, heavily, and snag his ale to drink some of it down before giving it back. I sigh again and raise my eyebrow again questioningly. "How much money do we have now?" I tried to say, making the universal money gesture with my claws.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:40 am

Thesia, knowing the language of money from the unholy bickering and bartering of nineteen years of slavery, shook a bit.

She had seen the slave lord throw the purses in the chest and refuse to return any money. Which meant she pretty much was screwed.

Thesia tried to force herself to calm down.
It wasn't really working.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 09:40 am

Tilki had followed them the entire way, spotting the two entering what looked like a tavern, not an uncommon sight to see a Standur there. But a Standur with a slave...now that drew a few stares. Tilki simply followed and made it to the building.

He stood outside and briefly considered heading in after them. He decided against it, but then reconsidered. He headed in, and found an unoccupied section of wall to lean on and took off his hood. He saw the exchange until unexpectedly, someone with one too many drinks in him passed out and fell into Tilki, making both fall to the floor, Tilki being the one cursing loudly as his face smacked into the floor.

"Owww....goddammit..."

Tilki then got up with slow deliberation, feeling a bit sore from hitting the floor as hard as he did.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 10:06 am

Trundum clicked his claws together, a habit he's grown fond of. Except whenever he poked himself, then he hated it.
"We're broke. They took it the needed funds and all the extra."
He laughs heartily then takes a drink from his tankard. It was pretty much empty by now.
"We'll get it back. Remember this is the land of easy money jobs. I'll be able to pay you back in no time."

It takes Trundum a second to notice Thesia. Well, one to notice her and to notice she was still standing.
"Will you not sit, Thesia?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 10:10 am

Vressin shook his head and leaned back in his chair, his heavy shield clinking against his armor. He sighed and took out the iron ingot to whittle and chew on idly. Then he looked at Trundum, coughed, and gestured at Thesia. "So what does she do?" He tried to get at, finding it hard to put that into gestures.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 11:31 am

I catch the sight of just how many purses he had. before moving to look back at him.

"We just came in a few minutes ago. My contract with them is over now."

I stood and waited, intrigued as to why he was asking.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 11:38 am

"A contract. So you're a hired blade then." I looked the man over, holding the hilt of my blade as I rested my hand, thinking about it for a moment. Less of a warrior than I'd ever expected, however to be worthy of guardian a caravan surely meant he was good for something. Raiders and bandits that aren't scared off by size must be dealt with, after all.

"Why were you hired? What is it they thought, or you proved, you are capable of?"

I reached into my jacket and clenched one of the small notes, dedicated to directing people to the Grand Hóuise and permitting them entrance into the Governor's Quarter.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 11:42 am

"I'm a Ljnn. Do you mean apart from my sharp hearing."

I was watching his hands carefully, even while maintaining eye contact.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 11:52 am

"Are you a soldier? A spotter? A scout? For what purpose did a caravan pay you to guard it? Surely they did not hire you for being a Ljnn."

Cejiso stood still, watching his comrade intently. He had little trust for mercenaries, and if not for the request of Sólumn he'd never have even considered hiring an armies worth. It seemed so fruitless.
But now he had to deal with them, in all their greed and anger and forgotten mistakes.

And he was not proud of it.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 11:58 am

"I'm a Ljnn, plain and simple. I carry weapons, I fight if I have to. Why they hired me is beyond both my care and my knowledge."
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:06 pm

He was of little help, but something about it still drew Cejiso in. The mans eagerness to depart from the caravan, his seeming cold-blooded nature, his level of... well, neutrality about the whole situation of paid soldiering interested the Jazierih more and more. He let go of the notice, but decided to not dissolve the possibilities just yet.

"The Governor has a job, for anyone looking for work. Good pay for anyone willing to go to war. You seem like a rather fitting candidate for such a position."

Cejiso rubbed his wrist a little, both hands on the hilt of his blade now as he relaxed a little.
"What would you say if I offered you the chance to aid in the Reclamation of Stonefall."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:09 pm

"Who said I was looking for work?"

The conversation was drawing to a close now, and it had helped further my plan.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:15 pm

"No one. I was offering it. And I can understand if someone would want to turn it down."

Cejiso stood up straight again, one hand resting limp on his sheath, scanning the eyes of the Ljnn as he did so, adjusting himself a little to the moment. He didn't know what this Ljnn was thinking, what he wanted, anything.
Just that he was more than likely a fan of moving.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:22 pm

"I'm neither accepting nor rejecting it."

His hand was near his blade which, while dangerous, would also make this easier.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:27 pm

"Then I suppose this is the last I shall say of the matter. If you do decide to follow up on this, then I look forward to seeing you on the field. If not, best of luck with your endeavours."

Cejiso bowed a little, took three steps back, and prepared to make his way down the road left of him, which would lead to the stables.
He didn't feel safe turning his back on this person. On any mercenaries, really. Especially one so seemingly disconnected.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:31 pm

I stood still watching him back away warily. As soon as he turned his back, I would be ready to move. I could already feel the small dagger I used for cutting purses off of belts warming up on my thigh.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:36 pm

This road was a little different to many of the others in Cantai. It was much older, with a few old ageing buildings around it on all sides, crumbling and rotting away. While once it had been a den for the rich and mighty, since the expansions only scavengers live here anymore. The road was cracking and busted, and almost useless for horses or wagons.

It was a little sad really. Cejiso had never seen it in it's prime, few alive had. Even the Governor remembered it as trash. It left some things to mystery; what had happened to the well which was reported to have been here, why do so many of these poor possess heirlooms related to the now wealthy families, and above all, why did this place make even the strongest men feel a shiver down their spine.

Cejiso tightened his coat, looking around at the sickly people around him, their large eyes piercing his flesh as they watched his every step. He adjusted himself a little, the mounds under his coat that were his purses hidden as well as he could. He could see some blood on one of them.
This place was all too well known for its depravity.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:42 pm

I followed him. Not too close, but not far enough that I would lose him either. There would an opportunity, and it would be soon.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:52 pm

Cejiso could see them moving. Some of them were looking at other figures entering the street now, but most had their eyes on him. Military or political figures were a flavour amongst their kind, his jacket alone could get them a good netting of money to spend on the same things they always buy, food and water. Too bad that had no knowledge of the economy, then they could get the amount it was actually worth.

And then, one of them lept forward and grabbed his boot. Cejiso stopped and looked down at the thin Otaizine before quickly drawing his sword out, growling under his breath.
"Let go, or I cut off your fingers."
The figure, which could barely be called an Otaizine anymore, looked at him pleadingly before backing away tragically, crawling behind him at the next unfortunate soul, the brown rags dragging across the road.

"Utter filth."
He could see them all twitch.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 12:56 pm

As the figure grabbed him, I picked up my speed and ran towards him. The Ljnn had his sword drawn and pointing at the figure as the figure backed away. As I got close, I dropped to my knees and slid along the road, drawing my dagger and cutting through his jacket and through the back of his belt as I passed.

The belt fell, and I caught it from the front before regaining my feet and continuing to run through the street.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/07/13, 01:10 pm

Cejiso had to take a split second before realising what had just happened. Sheathing his blade quickly the Jazierih sprinted after the Ljnn before him. He was lucky this one was so well equipped; neither one had all that much of a speed superiority.

Some of the scum around Cejiso began to try to chase him, and he was not willing to lose this here. He collided his boot with the jaw of one, shattering the bone and launching the Ozaitine back into a wall as he broke free, sheathing his blade and watching the thief closely.

This one was just that little bit faster, but unlike Cejiso he didn't know these streets, these roads, these alleys.
These shortcuts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki   GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GDRP - Book One: Norrburahki
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next