Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World

Go down 
+7
Xion's Memory
Teria
shadowoof
Razgriz
N
Apothecary
zeru
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
K
The Longterm Poster
K

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:12 am

"They made me to be a weapon?" I repeated, a confused expression on my face, "They care about me. They said so."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:13 am

"Oh.....well, if you say so," though James wasn't entirely convinced. "Hopefully, you get something....though we'd need a way to meet and talk, unless Black Fox lets you make private phone calls?"
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:17 am

"I-" I stopped, I'd never needed to make a phone call, but I didn't see why they'd say no, "I can call you," I said, "Do you have a number I should use?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:21 am

He was about to give her one, but realized if he did.....he trusted Kristen, but not Black Fox to not run a trace on his number. Gestalt, think you can run my number through several locations, or more? At least for when she calls, so I can avoid being found.

Doable. But I'll need a number from her to recognize.

"Sure, but I need a number from you if possible. Help me know who's calling."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:25 am

"I don't know what number my house has." I told him, glancing down at my shirt. It was covered in blood. "I don't know how I'm supposed to get back like this."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:28 am

Looking at her, he realized that she indeed had a problem. "Ouch. Uh.....I'm not sure myself. What if..." An idea formed in his head. A stupid idea, but hey the epidermis already covered him head to toe, and he'd be heading straight home. "What if I give you my shirt. I won't need it, and hey the nanites could just mimic a new one until I get home."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:40 am

"Okay." I said, taking my jacket off and pulling my own shirt above my head. I still had blood on my face, and my jacket needed to go because that was covered in blood. Usually I wouldn't wear clothes like that, but this hadn't been planned.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:42 am

When she took her shirt off, James immediately blushed beneath his mask and turned around. "Jesus, give me some warning huh? Don't just strip in front of me."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 12:55 am

"Why?" I asked, dropping my shirt on the ground. It wasn't like it was useable anymore. "I need your shirt." I said.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 01:01 am

"Why? Because.....well.....normally girls care when guys see them without a shirt on," James grumbled, back to her as he gave a quick look around (the nanites also helping him check the angles he couldn't see) before having them retreat beneath his skin, and then removed his shirt. The red garment came off easy enough, exposing his back to Kristen (which given what she did should have made him worried). Since the nanites needed to keep James disguised, or at least their presence disguised, they hadn't healed everything. Like the scars on his back from the accident, mainly burn scars that didn't trouble him at all, but still stood out like a sore thumb. They came back out when the shirt was off, covering him in the armor again, before he turned around, eyes closed to hand Kristen the shirt. "Here you go.....and sorry if I'm being awkward."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 01:07 am

I took the shirt without a word, seeing no need to reply and pulled his shirt over my head. "It's on." I said, hopefully to dispell his worry at seeing me.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 01:08 am

Sighing, James turned around and saw her wearing his shirt, no longer exposed. "Great....so hopefully I'll get that back," he said. "Do you need help getting home, or can you call a ride?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 01:13 am

"I know the way from here." I said. I'd get back easily.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 01:16 am

"Great," James said. He wasn't quite sure how to end it from here, and it made him a little embarrassed. "So uh....see you around I guess Kristen?"
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/09/14, 09:59 am

Ashaara stared blankly at him.

"You mean you're not Fox?"
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime29/09/14, 05:14 pm

I nodded to James before I walked to the edge of the roof.
"Goodbye." I said to him, before dropping off into the alley below.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime29/09/14, 05:21 pm

The encounter over, James sighed with a shake of his head, wishing her the best of luck before running off the other side of the roof and shooting a cable out. The journey back home wasn't that lengthy, but on the way he called Chris back. She picked up the phone on the second ring, saying "James? What happened?"

"A lot. I'll tell you when I get home," he responded. "Okay. And listen, I'm setting up the Halloween decorations, and you're gonna help me." Grinning a little, he said "Yay, I'll get there faster." He loved Halloween.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime29/09/14, 06:45 pm

"Seriously, Nick, these data don't make any sense!"

"They match our predictions! What about that doesn't make any sense to you?!"

"There is no correlation here! There's n-"

"There doesn't need to be correlation! We aren't looking for correlated events but causative ones!"

"Even so, this data is a mess!"

"Explain? How is it a mess?"

"It's just - look at this, nothing is labelled, there's notes all over i-"

"You're looking for any excuse now. Stop being so subjective."

"You just - ARGHK!" The other man storms off, his footsteps echo loudly in the hall.

Just another day at the office. The research lab where serious research gets done.

The two scientists had started to argue about the data found during the trials using the electric eel bioelectric organ in powering a pacemaker. At first glance the data seemed wild, unusable. But in using the right mindset, a clear pattern can be seen. One that has to do with interference pathways. the scientist who stormed off was so set on seeing the data in one way, that he couldn't see the data any other way. His preconceptions about the data led him to calling it unusable.

Nicholas leaned against the wall and looked out the window. There was a clear view of the rest of New York. It was an ugly sight.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime29/09/14, 11:25 pm

After he got a place to hide and change, James realized something: he didn't have his shirt, having given his own to Kristen. Uh, Gestalt, I'd rather not walk around without a shirt. Can the epidermis be, I don't know, modified to look and feel like a shirt?

Hmm, it's possible. One moment, we will make an attempt.

The epidermis began to recede, as usual, but while it sank back into the skin of his legs, arm face, the nanites focused over his chest, taking on a rough outline of a t-shirt. They organized themselves into strands, their texture changing and coloration adjusting to the same mahogany hue of his original shirt. It looked and felt like the real thing, and he whistled in appreciation. Damn.....maybe you can be my costume for Halloween, James thought to the AI. He got home a few minutes later, and saw Chris standing atop a ladder, stretched as she was hanging some decorations off the edge of the roof. The angle she was at.....made it fairly interesting to stare, given her modest chest and the way her t-shirt, free of being tucked into her jeans, now hung freely to expose her taut stomach. Looking away, he made a coughing sound and said "Gee Chris, you just asking people to stare?"

She didn't look at him, though she grinned as she got the decoration, a bright orange plastic jack-lantern, hung from a hook. "Not my fault if people are pervs.......though yeah, probably wouldn't hurt to put something else on. Hey, maybe I should make you do this and let everyone stare at your ass for a change." Looking sourly at her, James said "Yeah please don't. Anyway.....do you wanna hear, or no?" Climbing down the steps of the ladder only to jump off the last step in front of him, Chris said "Do you have to ask?"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime30/09/14, 06:33 pm

"ok so who wants to tell me about themselves first"zeru said as urthus went off to work on getting the finishing touches done for his part of the area.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime01/10/14, 05:33 am

"Oh your not serious are you?" Marcus said in little disbelief.

"Yes I'm quite sure that sounds and seems quite stupid human." Dark said as he went back to hiding deep within Marcus.

"I agree with him."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime01/10/14, 06:42 pm

"oh i'm dead serious so we can be on same page or would you prefer if i called the police?"responded
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime01/10/14, 06:45 pm

"Well I've been on the same page the entire time and I think calling the police won't help much because trust me they are not helpful what so ever." Marcus said as he remembered how he had to take a bunch of dealers to a school just to get them arrested.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime02/10/14, 01:50 am

"then start talking" zeru said in return.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime02/10/14, 04:35 am

"Alright, alright I don't see any good coming from this but alright. My name is shadow and I was born in 1999, I died during 2015 were I avoided death. Then death found me and offered me a deal, Gather souls and in return you can live, So he fused me with the darkness one of his strongest entity's and we spent the next 13 years looking for my bodie which some how made its way to america. Woke up on a bench with Doctors all with these symbols looking like black fox's saying that Subject resurrection has awoken too early. I didn't care to ask so I just ran and spent the next 6 years learning how to use these powers and to also train myself physically and mentally, then death came calling and told me to kill so I did until I met a hero and he told me some inspiring words that made me realise that I tried to defie death once, than I can do it again." Marcus said as calmly as he could. "And also I have a proposal."
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime02/10/14, 11:53 pm

~Tecchie~

I watch the man give his speech in disbelief. "Huh?" I ask, staring at him blankly.
"You died, and you met 'Death'? And 'Death' gave you powers and told you to kill people? Just one more reason I shouldn't be hanging around you guys."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime03/10/14, 04:24 am

The next few minutes went by fast for James, he and Chris entering the house to talk in private and out of the open. He told her about Kristen, how she had powers and her help in finding the murderer. His partner and her powers. By the end of it, Chris looked a bit stunned, and said "Wow.....so there's Kristen, that armored Paladin guy, and that shadow guy.......maybe we should move to a different city it's getting so cramped here." Chuckling, James leaned back on the sofa and said "Nah, it's New York. There's always room."

Meanwhile, the Chemist was at work. Walking casually from his personal lab in the rundown building, he carried a tray holding several syringes to his bound test subjects: four more kidnapped people, taken off the streets. It was amusing in a way, the way such a crowded city like New York hardly noticed the absence of four people. Then again....it wasn't like anyone would miss these four. The four of them, were members of a Colombian drug cartel that did business in the city......something he planned on fixing. They tried screaming at him, no doubt threats to kill him, but they could do little more than scream through the ball-gags he had secured over their mouths. One by one, he began injecting each of them, no fear in his mind as they were all secured to harnesses that proved their worth in securing what the four would become. "Well gentlemen," the Chemist said, his accent thick with something Russian. "In a few hours, you are going to show your friends exactly why they need to get out of my town." They weren't paying attention, on account of the pain coursing through their bodies, like napalm in their blood and their bones filled with shards of broken glass. Their shirts had been removed, exposing the muscles beneath their skin rippling in motion, bones expanding and growing. It was not at speeds worthy of a Hollywood movie, but their bodies were growing at a rate faster than normal. The Chemist simply smiled, and returned to his workstation, wondering which of New York's newest heroes would fight his bezerkers.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime03/10/14, 04:31 am

"Hahaha, well I see you don't really trust my words robot guy. That doesn't matter as I know the feeling of getting a gunshot to the chest and then slowly bleeding out until all you see is the void, that place was creepy." Marcus said as he began to think or more like remember some words he heard
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime03/10/14, 05:53 am

"Oh my goodness. You're such a fucking dumbass."

"What?! I was desperate ok!"

"You gave your credit card number to a girl to have sex."

"Yeah."

"You gave someone you just met all of your money, basically."

"I..."

"You are such a dumbass."

Today was just another day at the office of panacea. What fun times.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime03/10/14, 08:08 am

"hey speak for yourself don't lump everyone into same group and by the way what's your story?"zeru responded to the one with the robotics.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime04/10/14, 07:12 am

Chris' dad, Michael, arrived home from work soon after the conversation lulled to a stop. He walked through the door, looking tired but otherwise relaxed, and Chris twisted her head around to look at him, smiling as she said "Hey dad, how was work?" Michael walked as he talked, already heading for the kitchen to get a drink. "Oh you know, just the usual: complaints from the science department of too much security, complaints from the board over too little security, and another dick measuring contest between my boys and Draco." He grabbed a beer from the fridge, the glass bottle starting to condense beads of water. It wasn't a twist off, so he had to use an old fashioned bottle opened to get the cap off before he took a long pull from the bottle. "God damn I swear those bastards are out for my job," he said after his sip. "So, how about you two?" Michael asked, looking at both James and Chris. Chris shrugged, saying "Oh, just some of the usual drama." James mirrored her and said "Same here. So why's Draco after your job?"

Michael sat in one of the living room's armchairs, his beer resting on a nearby table. "Well they feel that since they already work for Nexus, they should be in charge of security, especially for the main facility where I already direct security. However, the problem is that technically, Draco and Nexus are two separate companies, so unless there's a majority vote within Nexus' board of directors, they can't actually take over my job." He didn't actually expect either one of them to understand what he meant, but it sure felt better saying it to someone.

"Oh....that sounds complicated," James said. Michael nodded, though grinned as he said "Yeah but it's not that bad. I doubt the board will want their public image to start saying they have military guards securing their facilities. Anyway, I am going to relax for a bit, then what do you say we go out to eat this time?" Both Chris and James nodded enthusiastically.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime04/10/14, 08:36 am

"Well, looks nice." Bella had spent all her time moving rubble into one area of the house and keeping the other area clean, she didn't mind it at all, there was a couch that she could sleep on and if she needed to, claw the fabric that survived. With this done she left and began to go look for a few other things, food, water, clothing and books maybe a way of listening to music too but she still needed a way of getting these things and their were a few in mind.
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime04/10/14, 03:50 pm

~Tecchie~

"Don't call me robot guy. My story? Me and my brother were walking out of a Yankees-Mets game, and a black van comes out of nowhere and rams the both of us. Once I realized what was going on, I couldn't see my brother. I was pinned between the van and another car. All the van doors were open, and my brother was gone. I couldn't feel my legs, or most of the rest of my body. I couldn't lift my left arm, and my left eye was completely blind. I woke up in the hospital, gave them permission to try out robotics, and they fixed me up with all this stuff. So over the last 4 years, other people, as well as myself have upgraded my parts to make me good in combat."
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime04/10/14, 06:21 pm

"So you basically got turned into a weapon, did you even ask or check yourself out for any extra parts that they didn't tell you about because I don't think they would let you roam about freely."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime05/10/14, 08:22 am

It was a little while later, after the three of them had cleaned up a bit, that Michael, James and Chris went out to grab dinner at a local restaurant. Nothing fancy or expensive, yet still tasted great. Just like James and Chris liked it--they didn't feel like they needed deep pockets to enjoy great tasting food.

Like before at the hospital, the Chemist had his new bezerkers harnessed and contained in an old moving van. They were certainly wild, this current batch, and he planned to cash in on that. The driver on the other hand, was more than a little nervous given how they kept shaking the van even in their harnesses. All the boss said he had to do, was drive to the location, leave the van and they'd get out on their own. Of course, he'd have to run for the hills.

The drop off point was in one of the more.......not rundown neighborhoods really, nowhere was truly that bad. It was not however, the nicest, the war and economic decline hurting places like it bad. Small gangs operated within, and the target one was a competitor in the drug trade. They refused to be bought out, or to join Legion. So the Chemist went with his favorite option: kidnap members of the same gang, turn them into his monsters, and unleash them as a message. The place they worked out of was an average, two story house wedged between two others, and at the current time the only people around were the gang members, sitting out on the porch or standing around, watching for trouble. The van parked across the street, getting their attention, especially after the recent disappearances of four of their members. Slipping out and nearly sprinting down an alley by the door, the driver fled right as the timers in the van reached zero.....and the charges exploded.

Each harness holding the bezerker, along with the rear door of the moving van, had an explosive placed on it so that not only when they detonated would they be freed, but the explosion of sound and pain of it all would drive them mad with anger. The sliding door was blown out of the frame, and from within came a cacophony of inhuman howls of rage. The guards in the yard blanched, drawing simple pistols and an SMG. When the first of the bezerkers stepped out, a hulking brute that was human in only the barest sense of the word, one of them panicked and fired. A bullet round hit, lodging itself into the skin and muscle but doing little more than further enraging the mutant. Turning on the one that fired, it tipped back its head and roared before charging, its fellows joining him.
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime06/10/14, 02:34 am

~Tecchie~

"Oh no, the surgeons didn't make me a weapon. I made myself a weapon. Then some people told me that my brother was still alive, and they made me an even more lethal weapon," I explain, my laser popping out of my arm just to show them. I point it at the wall and fire. The laser pierces through the cement quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime06/10/14, 05:53 am

"What the hell dude, don't you know its bad to destroy someone elses property and not what I said. The Surgeons that made you able t become this weapon could have put anything into your systems, like has any person just pushed a button or a clicker and proof your equipment goes haywire." Marcus said as he looked around the room for a darker spot to be in.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime06/10/14, 07:16 am

James and the others had a window seat in the restaurant, looking by the street outside. That, was why when the emergency vehicles came, with their screaming sirens and flashing lights james saw them and responded like he had before outside that bookstore weeks ago: he flashed back to the day he lost Kat and nearly died, surrounded by smoke and fire and so much pain. His heart rate spiked, breathing quickening and he shook as if in a seizure, nearly falling out of his seat before Chris, anticipating his response the moment she heard the sirens. She moved out of her chair to grab him, a hand on his shoulder to keep him steady as she said "James!"

He barely heard her, a phantom pain coming to his right arm and leg where the prosthetics connected to the stumps. Gestalt, he cried out in his mind. stop it!

We cannot! There is nothing physically wrong. But there is something you need to see. It is what those vehicles are in moving in response to.

In his mind, the AI showed james footage from a police vehicle arriving in response to a 911. The neighborhood was in a rough part of town close by, and he saw four, four of those same things from the hospital causing all kinds of hell. The front half of a house was just gone, destroyed by the brutes and a car was flipped over. Body parts were on the ground like broken toys. We.....we need to go, now! James thought. Pulling away from Chris, he made a break for the resturant exit, nearly knocking over a waitress in the process. "James!" Michael shouted, getting up to go after him, but Chris said "I've got this." She ran after james while Michael sat back down, looking bewildered.

Running out and around back, James was gasping for air not from the run but because he was still in a panic. But he was out of sight, and the nanites took that moment to gather over his body again and form th suit. The moment he felt it slide over him, he calmed down a bit, breathing slowing down. Footsteps came running behind him and the nanites showed Chis following him. "James! What the hells going on?" she demanded. Turning around, James said "Those things from the hospital. There's more of them a couple blocks from here and I gotta......I gotta do something." She wasn't convinced, hands on her hips as she said "That's not what I mant. I thought you were getting better."

"Clearly I'm not," he snapped back, and ending the conversation there, he shot an arm up and fired a cable to the roof corner of a next door building, pulling himself up to the roof and leaving her in the alley. Stunned and fuming, Chris muttered "Good talk."
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime06/10/14, 09:34 am

Bella was walking down a few blocks away from her new home when she started to hear screams and sirens from the next street. what the hell is going on. she thought to herself as she started to go towards them. Her body wanted to go back but she set her mind on getting there. "I didn't hide in a forest to just keep people safe from me." she said to herself in encouragement, she felt like she would need it. 

Turning into the street she saw... blood and parts of human everywhere, she felt like she would cough up a furball or vomit right now but the things that did it were right there, inhuman looking creatures. "And I liked these cloths too" she said to herself as she began to focus on the animal she wanted, she had to wait at least a minute or two to keep it from controlling her, these cops didn't need a stronger version of a skilled hunter ravaging them like theses monsters and that's when one spotted her and started to make a beeline right for her.  "come on, hurry up."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime06/10/14, 08:00 pm

James was moving fast over the rooftops, heading in the direction of the chaos.mit was easy enough to find, the dull orange glow of a fire illuminating the street where it came from. Jumping onto a house's roof, he saw one of the four bearing down on an officer firing their gun, and decided to go for that one first. Leaping up, he formed his right arm into a solid block of condensed nanites, coming down on them with a hammer blow to their back. It staggered them, and he shouted to the cop "Get out of here!"

That was before the brute back handed him and sent him flying into a light pole.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime06/10/14, 10:31 pm

Bella heard the sound of a metal creaking and turned to see a man covered in... amour. Is that the vigilante that I read about. she thought to herself as she turned her face back to the creature charging at her she began to move backwards as the creature got closer it lunged forward and swiped its hand at her which she would've dodged by back stepping if her cloths weren't flying about because of their too big size. 

the creatures hand kinda ripped though them leaving her belly alone but sent her flying across the street and into a yard which she was pretty sure if she was fully human she would have a little more than a few bruises and a gash on her arm, it still hurt like hell. Getting up she could feel the creature submitting inside her which meant she could change but she would want a better position than this so she could surprise them.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 12:05 am

The light pole had bent inward from the impact of James crashing into it, his armored form protecting him from any real damage. James fell out and on his feet, ready to move as one of the brutes came at him like a freight train. Leaping up, he went over the shoulder block that the Bezerker aimed at him, while his opponent crashed into the same lightpole....and kept going as the fixture collapsed.

Roll to the side.

He did, right as fire-hydrant crashed into the pavement, skipping off like a stone on water. The thrower was another brute, a geyser of water shooting up from the ground next to it. "Geez, the things people do to get a drink," James quipped, before running forward as the creature charged him. Dipping into a slide, he went under and between its legs before firing a cable up to its hips, and brought himself slinging back to it like a rubber band. In the span of time before he hit it, the nanites formed along his right shoulder, angled at the spine of the beast, into a dome of solid nanites that was inches thick. He hit the creature like a wrecking ball, and made it collapse to the ground like a bowling pin.

It wasn't disabled though. It was too angry for that.
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 01:50 am

~Tecchie~

"Nobody cares about that wall. This place is abandoned anyway. But that's how I got here. Somebody came into my apartment, pressed a button on his phone, and suddenly I had the biggest headache ever. I was on the ground, couldn't do anything. I yelled for help, but it probably wasn't loudest enough. Passed out, and woke up here on the stairwell, which is why I thought it was you guys."
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 06:20 am

"well seems someone has access to a bug inside your equipment or he did a watch dogs and his phone is connected to your equipment which means your equipment is connected to whoever gave it to you and this place belongs to the guy that pointed a gun at us" Marcus said as he found a dark area and sat in it.

This human is interesting.

Oh really, hes interesting.

Bella was watching the fight that the superhero was dealing with and was in awe. He is so awesome. she thought to herself as she turned to a building, if she could get up there than she would get the drop on any brute that came close. She began to move towards the building and looked it up and down seeing a pipe she began to climb up it, her extra strength allowed her to hang on easily and she began to climb. almost reaching the top she could hear a roar and looked around to see the one that attacked her before had found her. "So much for the surprise attack."

Reaching the top the creature was eyeing her down and began to charge. As the creature was getting closer Bella just looked at it, if she could jump and land on its shoulder at its current speed she could knock it down so when it was close enough she jumped and began to transform midair ripping her cloths apart she turned into a bulky cougar and landed on his shoulders catching it off guard she let it crash on its back with a loud thump and went straight for its neck with her jaws to rip out its throat.

She jumped off it as it began to rise. Well lets hope you run out of blood soon.  
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 06:31 am

While the fallen brute clambered back up to its feet, the one that charged James and into the house began plowing out of the wreckage while another one began to close in from the rear. The fourth was distracted by what could only be described as a cougar, which tried ripping out its throat. All it did was make some puncture marks. James had to ignore it though and focus on the three closing in. "Okay guys, if we're really gonna do this just know I only serve one at a time," James said, and his stance changed, arms held up. Nanites condensed again, gathering on his hands to create bulbous ends that quickly grew bumps spread evenly across the surface. Studded wrecking balls had formed, and he had them fall to the ground, each connected to his arms by a tendril of nanites. Staring down one of the brutes, he began to chant "Toro, toro!"

It had the desired effect, with one of the brutes snarling and then running at him like a linebacker in a football game. James spun, arms outstretched and one of the wrecking balls slammed into the jaw of the berserker, sending it off balance as it stumbled to the side. A few teeth got knocked out, and the thing looked like it was dizzy. Before James could say anything, the next came at him, forcing him to jump up and over it, landing on its back and making the berserker flail its arms wildly. The fact he was on one of their bodies didn't stop the third from charging, and he jumped off right as it crashed into the back of its friend. Or at least, he assumed it was a friend, as soon both began fighting eachother, lost in a mad rage. Okay, so it doesn't seem they're working together, just.......not focusing on eachother, James thought.

That seems likely. If you can, attain a sample for analysis.

Back at the restaurant, Chris was trying to explain to her dad what James was doing......in other words lying through her teeth.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 06:41 am

She began to growl at the beast as it stood up. Bloody hell these creatures are resistant. she fought to herself as she sidestepped the monster letting crash into the house behide her she again jumped on it and bit the back of its neck leaving less damage than the front she jumped off while clawing at its side. I'll just have to wither you down won't I. She looked towards the hero and thought about helping him but decided to try and deal with this one first and then would help. the creature turned and charged again so she moved to her left again and clawed at its side again striking the same area she moved back and waited for it to charge again. Not the smartest of all things are you.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 06:49 am

While the two of them fought, James was distracted by the sound of screeching metal and saw the one he had hit before grab a car and shove it toward the big cat. Normally a shove wouldn't do much but move it slightly, but a shove from one of these things, sent the car surging towards the cat as if it were driving casually down the road.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 06:57 am

Hearing the screeching metal she saw the car coming straight towards her and she knew the brute she was fighting was coming so she waited just long enough for the car to get close before jumping just avoiding the car it hit the brute she was fighting head on sending them both into the building he had previously crashed into. Giving a small laugh that was almost human yet had a meow in it she turned towards the ass that threw the car at her. She hissed at it before running towards it in zig zags hoping to catch it off guard. 

Meanwhile the one that got crushed by the car moved the car out of the way metal was poking out of the monster, it stumbled about trying to regain its balance.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 07:20 am

As the cat ran for the one that threw the car, its opponent charged in turn, roaring and spraying spittle everywhere. James had to contend with the one that cat had to abandon, now coming for him. Left arm forming into a shield and the right to a hammer, James charged at it, yelling in challenge. Both crashed into eachother, and he felt an ache in his arm despite the nanites. Jesus this thing is strong. Gestalt, what kind of sample do you need?

Blood will do.

Without a reply of acknowledgement, James dropped the shield and jumped up to the berserkers neck, grabbing onto a slab of muscle that poked against the skin. That was all the nanites needed, extending out of his palm like needles and into the flesh, taking samples as they went. Not willing to stay hooked for much longer, he let go, kicking off the chest to send him flying back and away before the brute could respond.

Analyzing. Steroidal compound, but unknown. Possibly synthetic. Hallucinogens. Whatever or whoever did this injected them with a compound to increase muscle and bone density, as well as height in an accelerated time.

Geez, that would be.....agonizing. Combine that with hallucinogens and.....well, this takes roid rage to a new level.

Agreed. The conversation was cut short as they had to dodge a charge attack from their opponent. However there are flaws: their system is rapidly burning through the steroidal compound, and once its gone they'll begin to revert....partially. Best case, this fight ends with them collapsing.

Worst case?

This fight ends with them dying from shock. Either way, it ends in us winning. They're running on......what's the expression you humans use? Running on fumes? At this point, all we have our seconds before it's over.

As if on cue, the brute that charged them, as well as the brutes that were fighting, suddenly froze, mouths agape as they made weird choking sounds. Their movements slowed, and some even fell to their knees. It was happening, the drugs were wearing off.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/10/14, 07:25 am

Bella was freaking out by the sudden collapse of her foes but nether the less they were defeated for now. moving towards the hero she walked normally, calmly trying to show that she didn't mean any harm hoping to say thanks,  she knew she could, that or she could get him to follow her so she could change back say it in person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next