Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World

Go down 
+7
Xion's Memory
Teria
shadowoof
Razgriz
N
Apothecary
zeru
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime09/11/14, 08:44 am

"I said go to the docks. What the fuck would be at the docks besides a watercraft?" Stella growled. "I barely was able to get the UAVs and the hovercraft on short notice, and contrary to popular belief I can't just turn off a bunch of cars. Yes it doesn't take long but it takes all my focus to input commands to not crash the UAVs into innocent people's homes and cars. I can control the city, but the joke here is I can't do everything at once."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime09/11/14, 08:53 am

"Then stop trying to. You had friends, allies here who could have taken up the workload and shared the burden. Instead you started doing all this on your own, and look what happened." Shaking her head, Amy turned and grabbed her things. "Screw this, I'm done arguing because at the end of the day, it does not matter who's right or who's wrong."
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime09/11/14, 08:56 am

Stella looked away. "All that matters is Chris is safe and you'll never hear from me again. Goodbye." she fell to the side, resigned.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime09/11/14, 08:58 am

"No, no I think I will hear from you again," Amy said before opening the door. "Friends stay in touch, last I checked." And then she left.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime09/11/14, 09:03 am

Stella watched her go.
"...last I checked, I had no friends."

A pop up came on the screen.

Code:

Explain.

Stella got up and typed.

Code:

Daughter of Nexus security exec captured. Used full authority to save. Went nuclear when superidiot Revenant set up alien invasion level firewall on Exec's transportation. Improvised.

Code:

Do not fail again.

Stella looked at those four words.
"Yeah, because I'll live long enough to fail again."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime09/11/14, 07:04 pm

"zeru heard the commotion so he went to see what was up and saw shadow carrying someone"what's wrong"he asked as he walked up.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime09/11/14, 07:20 pm

"So what happened?" Jame asked. "Why'd they take you?" Michael stepped in, saying "They were trying to get to me. Use me to get something, but it didn't work out so well for them." Yeah I'll bet it didn't, James thought to himself. He was still scared of Michael, seeing him in a new light now. After all, it was one thing to know Michael served in the Marines....it was another to see how scary he could be doing it.

"But it's not important anymore. It's done, over," Michael said, and James nodded. As for Chris, she looked a bit confused and said "What about the suit thing they wanted? Wasn't that left behind?" Michael blinked, then all but slapped himself ass his hand smothered his face. "Dammit.....Nexus is going to chew someone out for that....but I don't care, if it meant saving your life, I can deal with the consequences."
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime09/11/14, 09:33 pm

"Lets just say someone sent a missile strike into a street. Not too close but close enough for some serious damage." Marcus said as he moved to a table and placed Bella down. "I found her with this shrapnel in her leg but I couldn't take her to a hospital because.." Marcus couldn't say much else. He was almost teary.

Bella was sore all over but her leg was in most pain. her eyes were better now then they were eailer so she tried opening them to see a figure above her.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime10/11/14, 07:23 am

zeru sighes as he walks up closer"we'll see what we can do but just hoping we can avoid anymore unwanted incidents"he said as he dug into a small box and pulled out some equipment"i can get it out but the only problem is i got nothing to kill the pain"
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime10/11/14, 12:04 pm

"Zeru?." Bella asked. She remembered that voice. "Please just get it out, I heal quick."

"I would pull it out but I would probably do much more pain." Marcus said back. "Names Marcus by the way." He said to Zeru as he watched over his sister's copy and wondered how she knew Zeru.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime11/11/14, 01:00 am

"just can't stay out of trouble can you"zeru said as he finished getting ready before handing her a large cloth"use this to clench the teeth cause this is going to hurt like hell"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime11/11/14, 01:13 am

"Okay..." Chris said quietly. She hugged her dad again, before moving off a bit. "I just.....I just want to go to my room, if that's alright?" Michael nodded, and said "Of course. I'll order some dinner." Chris left, walking up the stairs to her room, and leaving James alone with Michael. "Son," he said, and it was one of the rarest moments he ever called James that. "I should both scold you.......and thank you, for not calling the police. Those men would have.....they wouldn't have liked that."
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime11/11/14, 05:29 am

She took the cloth and bit down hard on it. Readying for the pull.

"Need me to do anything?" Marcus said as he looked at Zeru
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime11/11/14, 04:08 pm

"yeah go get some blankets and whatnot from somewhere and make her a bed if you can"he said as he began digging into bella's leg to try and remove the shrapnel.
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime11/11/14, 08:27 pm

~Tecchie~

Finally, the door slams wide open. The man limps in quickly, a slightly fearful look on his face.
"The ones who made you. They're gone. You NEED to go to their base now, you know exactly where it is. Try to get those people to help you. The ones who have your brother have taken over the base. You need to take down the GPS tracking system to save yourself and still have a shot at saving your brother. Hurry. They're coming." He spits the words out so quickly I can barely understand him. I'm slightly confused. I open my mouth to ask a question, but bullets rattle him straight through the wall. There's nothing I can do except dive behind the couch and watch in horror.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime11/11/14, 09:47 pm

"Roger." Marcus said as he moved about looking for anything to make a bed out of.

Bella was less than happy. It started to hurt a lot when he started to dig, to the point where her eyes were changing to the cats and her caines sharpened.
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime12/11/14, 02:03 am

~Tecchie~

The man is lying in front of me, dead. In a pool of blood. I have to do what he says. He gave his life to tell me this. I have to do it, if not for me, for my brother. I owe him that much. But first, I need to get out of this apartment.

Three cyborgs rush into the apartment. My energy swords pops into my right hand, and I rush at them, stabbing the middle one through the torso. The one on the left pulls up his gun, but my laser goes straight through his head first. The one on the right grabs my sword arm with his left hand, getting ready to fire with his right. I kick him in the stomach, activating my jet packs, and blasting myself into the wall. He falls onto the ground, in pain from the burns.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime12/11/14, 04:41 am

"Uh....thanks, sir," James said. There was a knock at the door, and it made both him and Michael flinch slightly as they turned. "James?" came Amy's voice. "Mr. Martinez? It's me, Amy. Can I please come in?"

--United States Air Force Base Bell, New York--

Colonel Perralut was anything but happy. Having just been essentially pissed on from a greater height by his superior officers, he was very motivated to find out who was behind the hack of his planes earlier, and drag them before his superiors to crucify. So far, all he had to go on was that three of his birds were hacked, pilots ejected, and then the Warwolves opened fire on government assets over a civilian population. That alone, had everyone in a panic, and he just knew the media would make piranhas look like goldfish.

There was no way out of it--if it got out that they had been hacked, public opinion and trust in security would plummet. If people believed that the military purposefully fired on HERCULES, a military group authorized by the government to hunt down a bunch of tricked out vigilantes.....then it'd still be a mess. They needed someone to blame, fast.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime12/11/14, 05:32 am

Marcus had fashioned a bed from his own. He could make another for himself but right now he needed to come back to reality. "Missiles strike bloody Army people who don't like Powered Vigs so who are they gonna blame." Marcus said as realisation hit him. "Oh shit. Rev." Was all he could say right now. He didn't know if they would blame him but their was a high chance they would.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime12/11/14, 07:10 am

zeru finished taking out the shrapnel and closing and bandaging the wound so he carried her to the bed and set her in it"ok get some rest until futher notice"he said before walking over to the wall and giving large sigh of relief.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime12/11/14, 09:31 pm

"Thank you" she said before drifting off.

Marcus walked up to Zeru and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Thanks buddy. So when did you two meet?" He asked even if it wasn't the time.
Back to top Go down
117derek
The New Guy
117derek

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime12/11/14, 10:36 pm

~Tecchie~

The wall I smashed into is now weak enough for me to break the rest of the way through. I do that, and rip open the apartment's front door. Luckily, nobody's home. There are more enemies outside, not expecting me to come out from the door from the apartment next door. They turn to me, but my pistols are already in my hands. I fire quickly at them, sending them diving for cover. That gives me time to rocket up onto the roof. Now I need to get to the station. Quick.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime13/11/14, 04:02 am

"Amy?" Michael said, a bit surprised even as he went to open the door. Amy stood outside, looking as one would expect given today's events: her hair untidy, clothes rumpled, and slightly out of breath. "Mr. Martinez," Amy said again. "I uh.....I was trying to find Chris through her phone and the city cameras when uh....." Michael wasn't stupid about Amy; he knew a little bit, about how she had a talent with computers. It was only now he caught a glimpse, of just how skilled she was. "I see.....well Chris is okay, we got her back. She's upstairs, but wanted to be alone."

Letting out a sigh of relief, Amy nodded and moved to stand by James. They didn't even exchange a subtle glance though, worried Michael might suspect about their involvement in Chris' rescue. It wasn't that they were worried he'd disapprove.....just what might come next with the knowledge that his adopted son was moonlighting as a vigilante.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime13/11/14, 06:07 pm

"when i was getting food"zeru said sliding down wall to end up sitting up against it.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime14/11/14, 04:01 am

Marcus decided to sit right next to him and asked "So, want me to tell you why I brought her here or no?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 05:59 am

Stella was sitting in the Camaro, hiding in a small park. She watched from a few cameras...then turned it off. She settled back to sleep.

Meanwhile

The men and women of another world gathered in the small cabin. The table split, becoming stairs. And so they descended like badasses into an underground complex. Their comrades all over, working on everything from tracking to vehicles.
"Have you found her?"
"No sir. We're still trying, but without the Scales she's out of energy. We're trying to track Seryna but no luck."
"And the Bellicose Manifesto?"
"No chance. We need Sayla for more parts. The search is going badly, since Nexus is really hiding everything well."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 06:36 am

Chris didn't need much alone time it seemed, soon at the top of the stairs and calling down for James. He came up, along with Amy. Chris blinked in surprise and immediately puled her in for a tight hug, and they both took a moment to hold eachother. James looked on and, for a brief moment thought there was something different in how they hugged the other. But just ass quickly it ended, and they stood apart. "So uh," Chris said quietly, "Guess I should be thanking you both something fierce?"

James grinned a little and said "What's there to thank? Just did what I'd always do Chris." She gave a small snort and responded "Well sure but....come on, gotta thank someone after this." Smiling knowingly, Amy said "Thank Stella. She helped out big time."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 06:44 am

Jake awoke. The apartment was eerily quiet - he sat up. Yeah, things with Stella were bad, and they were going to end it - they had some things they disliked, and fought through it. But the initial thing was good. Now...now, Jake felt like they were bad for each other. But not as friends.
"...where are you Stella..." He looked over to his phone. No -
It chimed. He opened it.

I'm okay. Dork.

He smiled softly. That stupid hacker.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:00 am

"Did she?" Chris asked, a bit taken aback by the fact. "Well.....guess I'll have to think of something then."

While the three of them talked, Gestalt busied himself with a multitude of things. Among them.....was locating Stella. It was easy enough since he never lost her, finding her parked in a park. He wondered if James would find that phrase clever, 'parked in a park.' Regardless, the Camaro's systems were.....interesting. Its computer systems were not standard and judging by the complexity of the new systems in place, it was clear that Stella had improved them.

Which was why it only took him a minute longer than usual, to get inside the system and take over nothing except the voice systems of the GPS, like he had with Michael's car. "Hello there Ms. Evans," came the voice of the AI.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:01 am

Suffice to say, Stella freaked out like a little girl.
"FUCK YOU REVENANT OH MY GOD YOU NEARLY AVE ME A FUCKING HEART ATTACK." She nearly cried too. "T..thought it was them..."
She turned her tablet and quickly began checking her back channels for the UNESD. "What do you want..."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:06 am

"To clarify, I am not Revenant.....though then again I am bonded to him, so one may think of the two of us, as one and the same. Regardless, why I called is because of who I am bonded to. It seems appropriate, that I apologize on his behalf."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:08 am

"Doesn't explain what you want from me." She growled. "What do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:11 am

"I told you. To apologize for how my host acted towards you. He is a......good person, if what I've learned about you humans is any evidence. But he can become........swineheaded, I believe is the expression, when people come under threat."

Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:14 am

"Oh, so you're apologizing for him being a jackass? Well...apology accepted."

..."Hey. Run a search. Tell me anything regarding UNESD Disbanded."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:19 am

"The UNESD? You mean the United Nations Extraterrestrial Security Division? One moment...."

Gestalt ran a search for them, running through reports sent between nations and government groups. There was.....suddenly more activity from them, or rather about them, than before.

"They have been disbanded, shut down. Underfunding lead to them being closed by their sponsor nations, and for now they are defunct."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:21 am

Stella didn't pause. She broke down and cried.
"O...one more....request." She sobbed. "Take me home. Oh god send me to my home in Manhattan right now so I can sleep in my bed."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:22 am

There was a pause as Gestalt considered her request. "You do not wish to drive yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:32 am

"Just fucking drive me home. I'm crying my eyes out so fucking happily okay? So...please...drive me home."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:33 am

Gestalt was hesitant. For a brief moment, but a lifetime to an AI. In the end, he took over the car and said "Fastest route, or do you wish for a lengthy drive?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:35 am

"Fastest route. I get to go home. The UNESD can't get me anymore. I...I can go home..." She fumbled with her phone.
"Jake? Jake oh god I'm coming...yes I'll explain everything." She hung up soon after, wiping her eyes. "C...Can you...let Amy know I need to talk to her?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:40 am

"Very well. And of course I shall let her know." With that, Gestalt took over and began driving the car. He had a destination, her records helping narrow down a location. That and the GPS on the car had her home address inside.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 07:42 am

She managed to calm down as the car finally came to a stop.
"Hey. Thanks." She slipped out of the car. "Try to get your host killed. The car will turn off in a minute." She smiled softly and started to head up to her apartment...

And when she stepped in, Jake had her in a hug.
"Explain."
"I got intro big trouble..." was how she started her tale.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime17/11/14, 08:14 am

--Elsewhere--

Thomas Finley stood within the empty garage of the old auto shop, the place long since closed down and abandoned. It used to be a favored spot for vagrants and junkies, but Legion cleared it out for him and his crew.

It was difficult to say that he stood though, since he was welded to the mechanized suit his benefactors gave him. It, was what stood, on its own legs. Not his own. He'd never feel the weight of his body weighed on his legs. Never walk again. Never even have sex again. All because of Revenant. That fucking prick, trying to play the hero. In his anger, Thomas reached out to grab one of the old toolboxes, the large ones that were as big as trash cans, and crushed it in the grip of his armored fist. He'd have his payback though, by tonight if he had any say.

The heist was set, he'd need to get in place. Last time he had to rely on his crew to escape but now, his benefactor was able to modify the suit. Now, it came with some wheels, so getting to the destination wasn't going to be a problem. All that was left, was to ensure that Revenant had the proper incentive to show up.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime18/11/14, 06:23 am

"everyone has their reasons for doing things so no need"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime18/11/14, 06:34 am

Back at Chris' house, food came soon enough. Michael ordered out again, and everyone sat in the living room, four boxes of pizza sat open on the table between them and the TV. The mood was both joyful.....and somber. To have Chris safe and home was good, but still it was fresh after all. They still could not shake the feeling that she was in danger and James and Amy occasionally glanced to Chris, checking to make sure she was still there.

--The Heist--

The armored truck was moving down the road at a steady pace, the driver and passenger alert for any threats. They had a mile to go, but still did not feel like they were in the clear as they drove through the streets, avoiding traffic where they could. However, something slammed into them from the side, heavy and huge if their truck flipping onto its side was any indicator. Dazed, they were stuck hanging by their seatbelts as the dull thumps of heavy footsteps sounded from outside.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime18/11/14, 06:38 am

"Thanks. I'm going to go out again. So Just give me a call if anything happens." Marcus said as he started to walk to the exit.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime18/11/14, 06:39 am

"keep an eye out for trouble and seel the doors,seems to follow you guys home alot"zeru said as he decided to catch some short sleep.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime18/11/14, 06:44 am

The security guard in the passenger seat was able to undo the seatbelt, getting free at the cost of falling onto the unconscious driver. Reaching for their weapon, he made to exit the truck through the door that faced the nighttime sky. Easier said than done, as the armor made the door very heavy and an effort for the injured driver to open. All he could do, was nudge it open enough to see outside the truck. And what he saw stunned him. There outside, was what could only be called a robot, moving to the rear of the truck. It was the same thing he had seen on the news, that the vigilante had fought....and lost to.

"Alright boys," came a voice from the suit. "Let's crack open this piggy-bank." The only thing the guard could do, was trip the alarm in the truck, and alert the police.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime18/11/14, 06:49 am

What are you moping about, you helped save that girl and helped Revenant. Dark asked as Marcus closed the doors and moved off.

"I don't know, my sister died a few years before I did and now she's also back."

A look alike.

"Yea... But I'm also feeling sorry for Rev. Sure, those bastards that keep appearing probably hate me a little more because of the damage I've done but those missiles. Hell I know Rev wouldn't be able to do that." Marcus said as he kick a stone a few meters.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime18/11/14, 06:57 am

What was odd about the location that Thomas picked for the heist, was the proximity to the police. It was common knowledge among robbers that when performing a heist like this, on an armored truck, you needed distance between police precincts, and patrol routes. After all, they still had to crack open the truck for the valuables and that took time. The nearest patrol was less than a minute away, and more would be coming soon.

Which was actually why Thomas picked the spot. He wasn't in this for the money, not really. That was the payoff for his crew; no, he wanted Revenant, and needed something public to draw him out. What better way to make it public, than a brawl with the police? As the first patrol car rounded the corner, he opened fire with the minigun attachment, bullets screaming down the street as they tore into the chassis and officers inside. "Come on......come out and play Revenant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next